450 reviews. (latest review: Rez)

SneakyPenguin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
My Games

instead of creating a crapload of reviews for those games, im gonna try something new. this thread will be reviews on a request basis. you want a review of any game on that list, you pm me or post here and ill write a nice big one like my metroid zero mission one. i am completely un-system biased, and i dont care about graphics. i rate on fun and well fun. if a game is good, i will say so.

EDIT: if you want, i can pm you when the review is up, seeing as how its unlikely ill be on schedule and ill likely post at like one in the morning.

Can you please send a picture of all tour games to me? I need to see it to believe it. Holy shit that's a lot of PC games. Aha! But you don't have the 3 latest Sims expansions!

PS. Are you willing to sell or trade any games for any consoles?
PPS. Your Dreamcast collection disappoints me...

1. i will shortly be posting pics in either my personal gallery, or on the game collection gallery.
2. yes its a lot of pc games, but the reason i dont have the sim expansion is because 30 is to much for too little. i will eventually get them.
3. Sorry, ive never sold a single game in my life, not gonna start now.
4. dissapoints me too, but i only got it recently and im gonna start stocking up once i get a job.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']1. i will shortly be posting pics in either my personal gallery, or on the game collection gallery.
2. yes its a lot of pc games, but the reason i dont have the sim expansion is because 30 is to much for too little. i will eventually get them.
3. Sorry, ive never sold a single game in my life, not gonna start now.
4. dissapoints me too, but i only got it recently and im gonna start stocking up once i get a job.[/quote]
dude never get em its a waste

tis is both a bump and an update. i have posted most of my colletion, except gb in my personal gallery to prove to you non balievers that i really have over 400 games. also, i will begin to randomly post reviews in this thread until i get specific requests. first up will be freedom fighters when i get around to it.

I don't think you will ever get specific requests.

My advice is to post new reviews if you want, and stay away from old games cause well, they are old. Also don't try to shove your reviews down our thoats. :wink:

Err.. you know there's Gamerankings.com. In addition to posting here, you may have a greater audience if you post reviews up on there. They link to perhaps thousands of reviews

ToeJam and Earl III

Just wanna say that i am a huge fan of the original two genesis games.

Graphics: 7
While the graphics are generally good, with bright and clear visuals, this is most definately no the best looking x-box game out there. the shadow and water effects are nice, but when compared to segas other old school romp, panzer dragoon orta, ther is NO comparison. also at points, mainly in the cut scenes, ther is evidence of jaggies. while not galring, it is a bit upsetting on such an advanced system.

Sound: 9
Okay, if you can not stand rap, DO NOT GET THIS GAME! rap is everywhere. the mild hater (i.e. Me) can stand it, because it is funny, but if its you vice, this game is not for you, except on mute. but that would also be bad. the music itslef s instantly recognizable to TGE fans, and the dialog is usually hilarious, if not a little dirty (like jokes about ToeJams "third leg") Speaking of ToeJam, i HATE his voice. Earl sounds fine, but TJ is now a whiny little poser. but i can overlook that the first time i hear the mad dentists cackle, which is thankfully intact.

Controls: 8
the controls feel right with a setup anyone could be comfortabl with. now i use controller s, so i cant say how duke would work, but the face buttons work fine controlling funk notes, funk-fu (your attacks), jumping, and presents. the shoulders control camera, the sticks view and movement, and B & W controlling map and voice. the controls work, but not when things get hairy. when surrounded by enemies, it can be hard to positio an attack, and it can also be hard to aim notes. all in all, adequate, but could be better.

Gameplay: 8
WAKE UP! now if you dont know what that is, you're not a true fan. it has thankfully remained intact, along with many other old favorites, such as presents (still insane), and split screen two player. the earthlings are insane as ever, but the story is the same fetch quest that it has always been, this time trying to find the 12 great albums of funk. the game is fun, but sometimes a little cheap. when day turns to night, boogymen come out in drove, and are almost completely invisible. they can take a good amount of life off with one hit, and can also knock you off the edge of levels. but it is still fun mot of the time.

Overall: 8 if fan, 7 if not
if you love the first two (the first one specifically), you should love this. it stays true to its roots and keeps everthing the same. if you dont know of the games, you may want to rent first. it is VERY weird, and a bit simplistic for current times.

Your list, but forget I said that. I just realized that something was wrong with my computer and I had to reboot it. The entire internet stopped working right after I posted.

Could you write a review for Advance Wars? I've been thinking about getting that but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort of trying to find it new. Also, Xenogears. I'm thinking of buying that now that Square re-released it.

sorry im so late on advance wars. i have a lot of school work it WILL be up tonight. that, or i will take my own life in a ritualistic suicide to restore my families lost honor due to laziness.

i dont have dragon warrior 7.

yes i am still alive. damn lack of ritualistic knives.

i will start the advance wars review. now!

graphics: 7.5
while good, the graphics are simple, even for a gba game. ther is limeted animation on the strategic map, and only small fighting animations. the colors and graphics are bright and clear though, and the animation is very smooth. it is also nice to have different animations for every unit type. the graphics also allow you to clearly see what your doing on the map. it is just the lack of variety in each units animations that loweres the score.

sound: 7.5
like the graphics, the sound is good, but needs more variety. many of the weapons sound alike, and the background music is limited and repetative. the weapon sounds all sound realistic, but it also wouldve been nice to have some sound signifying the enemy soldiers defeat. i dont think youd be all that silent about being blown away by rockets.

control:9
now the game starts to shine. everything on the battle map is easily controlled. you can quickly chack a units movement range, effective weapon range, ammor, fuel, and weapons with just a few button presses. movement is easy, with a simple grid signifying all distances, much like final fantasy tactics. now, this will all be quick, but only once you know what your doing. newbies may find the menus confusing at first, but some simple trial and error will reveal all.

gameplay:9
now this game is fun. its as simple as that. but to go into more detail, it is easy to figure out what you have to do. you will almost always want to replay missions to get a better rank, and the learning curve is decent, with the game getting progressively harder. you will be forced to carefuly plan and manage resources later in the game o secuer victory. if you like technical wargames, it wont get any better.

Cool. Two questions:

-Is it necessary to play AW1 before AW2? It seems like AW2 is easier to find.

-How similar is it to Fire Emblem? I've heard that they were similar, and I liked FE.

And don't worry about taking a while with the reviews. School keeps me from checking this board often anyway. :)

ok i havent played aw2, but from what i understand, it is not necessary to play in order, but it helps. the stories are supposedto be independent (i think), but the characters all showup so it might be good to play in order.

also, i havent personally played fire emblem, but i heard that they are similar, but FE is a lot deeper and involved. aw is good for pick up and play, but can take sometime.

im also gonna start randomly posting reviews every coupleof days unless i get specific requests. i am also currntly in the market for a web site on which i will review every game i own.

thanks for the praise, btw. i appreciate it.

first random review:

Rez for Playstation 2

i know this is a big item to find here so i figure ill review it.

Control: 10
well its not hard to give control a ten. there is NO control. all you need is an analog stick, the x, and the o button. you aim with the stick, which is very smooth and fluid, and you hold the x button to lock on. release and you fire. this is also how you gain power ups. the circle button is for activating your ultra-powerful overdrive, which badly damages every enemie onscreen. thats it. a monkey could play this game.

Gameplay: 8.5
rez is an on-rails shooter, so there isnt much action to speak of. you cant dodge, you can only shoot the missles out of the air, and you only have two types of attacks. but later on in the game, you need to be fast. there will be so many shots firing around that you will need near jedi reflexes to survive. with unlockable modes after beating the game, there is even more replay value.

Graphics and Sound: 11
i combined these because rez is nothing without one or the other. this is possibly the most visceral(sp?) game ive ever played. its one of the few games to ever come with a seizure warning (that i know of). i played it in the dark with my sub turned up to max, and i can just say im happy i dont have epilepsy. first, you have the beautiful and smooth graphics. the framerate is constant, even in the later levels where there are hundreds of objects on the screen at once. the fourth boss is a graphical feat in itself. but this is nothing compared to the sound. each or the ten areas of each level adds another beat to the techno track. adnd each time you fire, a beat is layed over. by the last area, there is a full blown song blasting out, immersing you in the game. the music is so good, im gonna import the ost.

overall: 10
i beat it this past weekend, and now i can safely say this is one of my favorite games ever. it may be simple, but even my dad, who is in no way really interested in games, called it art. it really is that good. it is a beutiful thing. lite on gameplay, but it oozes thrills.

Don't all games have seizure warnings? o_O (Or does Rez have a warning in the actual game? All the warnings I've seen were on the packaging or in the instruction booklet.)

in he begining of the game, there is like a paragraph long screen filling warning about seizures and epilepsy. it alsorecomeds that you dont play in the dark, but its best to play in the dark (it says both). the warning stays up for like 30 second s too. and i suggest everyone heeds it. level 5 is insanity (plus it has the best song)

http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=6408

^^holy shit in a basket please god let this be true!

possible rez 2 for DS or psp. if its true, im preordering what ever system its on.

I'm going to ask another review to funnel your posting into something other than insomniatic rambling :wink: Would you mind giving me one for Star Fox Adventures?

never said that night, id say id get on it and post at 3. maybe i meant three tonight. :wink: nah i just finally fell asleep. i only got 4 hours of sleep on friday so i was tired as hell. it should be done tonight.

okay ive had a lot of school work (last day of spring break, havent done anything), so the review isnt up. heres the quickie. if you like zelda and donty mind fetch quests, get it. its pretty much the same as the newer zeldas with a star fox look, and A LOT of look for A item for B Guy missions. looks very good though, and controls well.

bread's done
Back