Wii for 99.99 shipped - Chegg raffle

dino3333

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
There will be Wiis for sale for 99.99 at www.chegg.com on 4/25/07 sometime between 2pm and 4pm. BUT you have to send an invitation email to 15 friends with .edu email address to be able to buy it. good luck!

its not a scam. I've bought stuff from them before. The last time they did this deal their site totally crashed though. It would probably be the same. but a lucky few will get them....after like 4 hours of reloading.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']It's not spam.

It's just a pain in the ass to order.[/quote]

Anything involving sending out e-mail addresses is either chain mail, some conga line type referral thing, or spam. That's at least the way I look at it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Anything involving sending out e-mail addresses is either chain mail, some conga line type referral thing, or spam. That's at least the way I look at it.[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Anything involving sending out e-mail addresses is either chain mail, some conga line type referral thing, or spam. That's at least the way I look at it.[/QUOTE]
You obviously don't get it, but it's too late for me to bother to explain it to you. Hopefully, someone else will.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']You obviously don't get it, but it's too late for me to bother to explain it to you. Hopefully, someone else will.[/QUOTE]

He gets it. You have to send out 15 referral/chegg emails just to get in on the deal.

That makes it a non-deal. Its more of a raffle type deal. "If you get lucky enough to get one." Shouldn't be no luck involved in getting in on a deal.

[quote name='Graystone']He gets it. You have to send out 15 referral/chegg emails just to get in on the deal.

That makes it a non-deal. Its more of a raffle type deal. "If you get lucky enough to get one." Shouldn't be no luck involved in getting in on a deal.[/QUOTE]
He doesn't get it, he thought the OP was a spam account.

And it's not a raffle, there's nothing random about it.

[quote name='Graystone']He gets it. You have to send out 15 referral/chegg emails just to get in on the deal.

That makes it a non-deal. Its more of a raffle type deal. "If you get lucky enough to get one." Shouldn't be no luck involved in getting in on a deal.[/QUOTE]

you damn right about that...

So we're no longer going to allow YMMV deals anywhere on CAG?

[quote name='UncleBob']So we're no longer going to allow YMMV deals anywhere on CAG?[/QUOTE]

Its not a YMMV. Its spam your friends about a site, and maybe, just maybe you might be one of 4 people to get a Wii for $99.

its really not that hard to send 9 emails to edu accounts... christ just search facebook and send them to people u dont even know.

This is a hell of a deal that works. That one guy was on here a month ago talking about the same site, i believe, and he won a 360.

Based on "certain peoples logic" wouldnt black friday be considered spam? or the amazon 100 dollar 360 spam? No one bitched about those deals...

[quote name='BasketCase1080']
Based on "certain peoples logic" wouldnt black friday be considered spam? or the amazon 100 dollar 360 spam? No one bitched about those deals...[/QUOTE]

No, becuase those are first come, first served deals and all you have to do to qualify is walk into the store. Requiring you to walk your neighborhood and bother 10 people during dinner in order to be invited to the store is completely diferent.

[quote name='bmulligan']No, becuase those are first come, first served deals and all you have to do to qualify is walk into the store. Requiring you to walk your neighborhood and bother 10 people during dinner in order to be invited to the store is completely diferent.[/QUOTE]

not really... the 100 dollar 360 was more like a raffle of who could hit refresh faster. And how is filling a form with 9 email adresses all that hard to "qualify"

The site is definitely legit... I've gotten tons of stuff from them as seen here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/iowaholdem/PICT1024.jpg

The 360 controllers were free, one Wiimote was free, one Wiimote was $26, the bottle was $4, the knife was $8 and the rest of it cost $6 in an Egg of Crap (ala BOC from woot). That being said, I'm not going to try to get the Wii on Wednesday. I don't want to spam my friends. And I'm sure the site will crash from traffic.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']not really... the 100 dollar 360 was more like a raffle of who could hit refresh faster. And how is filling a form with 9 email addresses all that hard to "qualify"[/QUOTE]

But thats all you how to do was click refresh. You didn't have to send 15 emails to friends about amazon before you were allowed in on the "deal." All you had to do was go to the site, and click refresh. Just like walking in a store, you walk in they might have had some in stock they might not.

This is in no way a deal. Its a raffle/referral.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']its really not that hard to send 9 emails to edu accounts... christ just search facebook and send them to people u dont even know.

This is a hell of a deal that works. That one guy was on here a month ago talking about the same site, i believe, and he won a 360.

Based on "certain peoples logic" wouldnt black friday be considered spam? or the amazon 100 dollar 360 spam? No one bitched about those deals...[/QUOTE]

lmao, sending emails to people you don't even know, thats considered spam already. please, don't compare apples to oranges again, your logic is stupid.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']its really not that hard to send 9 emails to edu accounts... christ just search facebook and send them to people u dont even know.
[/quote]
:applause:

Man a deal is a deal and if you can get a Wii for $99.99 than more power to you, honestly I would do this if I had nothing better to do and I really wanted a Wii (I already have one tho) so good luck to whoever tries this.

Exactly... a deal is a deal. Hell, this is more of a deal than printing off fraudulant coupons and attempting to redeem them in store...

[quote name='UncleBob']Exactly... a deal is a deal. Hell, this is more of a deal than printing off fraudulant coupons and attempting to redeem them in store...[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k

You people can say whatever you want. The bottom line is that you have to spam people to be in on the deal. There is a reason the mods moved this to the contests forum.

[quote name='Graystone']:whistle2:k

You people can say whatever you want. The bottom line is that you have to spam people to be in on the deal. There is a reason the mods moved this to the contests forum.[/QUOTE]

yea, and not once has anyone flammed your fucking ass for trolling either since thats all your posts seem to ever do.

Hell, that sight only verifys that the emails are of the proper protocol. So you could just type in [email protected]... clearly i just gave away where I go to school...

[quote name='BasketCase1080']yea, and not once has anyone flammed your fucking ass for trolling either since thats all your posts seem to ever do.
[/QUOTE]

I think you need to look at my profile, and read my posts. I'm far from a troll. Your basing you judgment on this thread. All I'm saying that this isn't a deal. Your the one blowing up over nnothing.

Also if you hate me so much just put me on your ignore list. Its really not that hard. Thats a reason why the site has it.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']yea, and not once has anyone f lammed your fucking ass for trolling either since thats all your posts seem to ever do.
[/QUOTE]

I think you need to look at my profile, and read my posts. I'm far from a troll. Your basing you judgment on this thread. All I'm saying that this isn't a deal. Your the one blowing up over nothing. fucking relax... and do research before making statements.

Also if you hate me so much just put me on your ignore list. Its really not that hard. Thats a reason why the site has it.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']what did the user above me saY? I cant read the text.[/QUOTE]

Wow I guess someone maturity peaked at age 12. Just put me on your ignore list, this isn't 5th grade. Whats next you going to put your fingers in your ears and sing la la la can't hear you.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']You obviously don't get it, but it's too late for me to bother to explain it to you. Hopefully, someone else will.[/quote]

What's to get? I pretty much outlined what this deal is about in that one post you quoted me.

bread's done
Back