Preorder Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition $29.99 + Free Shipping

[quote name='Ziv']Or you could buy in store and not pay (minimum $6.80) shipping.[/quote]

Or I can change the link completely to Amazon and have it be free shipping :)

[quote name='somahead33']Is this game hitting retail at this price or at the price of a regular Wii release?[/quote]

The MSRP is 29.99, I dont see how this is a deal.

are they doing some sort of super duper limited editions for the wii version?

they should definately port this to the DS or the PSP next..

hmm that looks like the final box art, and ITDEFX I think the PC version is due out this month sometime around the 16th for $19.99 according to EBgames.com.

Reportedly this is the Gamecube game with the extra PS2 levels added on and brought up to GCN speed, as well as the extra Wii functionality.

Hey kids... y'wanna get a good deal? Well... FREE SHIPPING! Now you can wait for your game rather than picking it up at a retail store and playing it right away!

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Alright OP, I kid, I kid.

Jesus Christ, did they really have to put "Wii Edition" on it? I mean it has the Wii logo on it for Christ's sake! What are we, morons? That said, I can't decide if I want to get the Wii version on the off chance I have a Wii in June, or get the PC version with a Xbox 360 wireless controller node.

Decisions, decisions....

I hope resident evil 4 and manhunt 2 will be the most enjoyable on the wii

I am willing to take the risk on both.

If I had a WII I'd get this. I already have it for gc AND ps2 and i'd get it again. I consider RE4 to be one of the best games ever made and probably the best video game ever made (thats my opinion... i know not many people share it with me. don't flame plz)

when RE 2 and 3 came out for gamecube the MSRP was 39.99! but back then I remember EB had the deal where you trade in any current gen games for one pretty good deal.

If you've never played it - go for it.

Heck, if you haven't played it for a while and traded it away, go for it.

One of my all time favorites. =)

What the hell... now it says it's $20 (but no more free shipping :whistle2:(). Maybe I will preorder. Time to sell my Cube version that's only been played ten minutes. Need to find $5 filler or see if my fiancee still has a Prime trial.

[quote name='botticus']What the hell... now it says it's $20 (but no more free shipping :whistle2:(). Maybe I will preorder. Time to sell my Cube version that's only been played ten minutes. Need to find $5 filler or see if my fiancee still has a Prime trial.[/quote]Where's this? It's still $29.99 here.

[quote name='daroga']Where's this? It's still $29.99 here.[/quote]Uh, that was weird. The link took me to the PC version last time I clicked on it. Or maybe I clicked on the PC link farther down the page. I'm confused. But yeah, it's $30.

[quote name='gobz']I hope resident evil 4 and manhunt 2 will be the most enjoyable on the wii

I am willing to take the risk on both.[/quote]
Manhunt 2 is risky as I found the first to be gratuitously violent and boring.

RE4, however, is pretty much a guaranteed hit. How can a GOTY be risky?

[quote name='botticus']What the hell... now it says it's $20 (but no more free shipping :whistle2:(). Maybe I will preorder. Time to sell my Cube version that's only been played ten minutes. Need to find $5 filler or see if my fiancee still has a Prime trial.[/QUOTE]

Ten minutes? Dude!!!! Go play this game!
I loved the Cube version and still have it but I will be getting this for the extra PS2 stuff that I have yet to play. I'm just glad I didn't grab the PS2 version like I intended to at some point.

I actually just grabbed the PS2 version a couple weeks ago before I found myself buying a Wii 2 weeks later that was in stock at the local EB store. :( Oh well.

[quote name='AcePuppy']So you would rather pay shipping charges at EB rather than Free Shipping at Amazon?[/quote]

I could go to a store and buy it for the same price with free shipping.

[quote name='n2Deepeth']Manhunt 2 is risky as I found the first to be gratuitously violent and boring.

RE4, however, is pretty much a guaranteed hit. How can a GOTY be risky?[/quote]

If the wii-mote functionality is poor (ala Red Steel).

[quote name='LiK']29.99 is the retail price, i dont see what the fuss is about[/quote]

Yeah, this doesn't belong in the deals forum.

[quote name='gobz']If the wii-mote functionality is poor (ala Red Steel).[/quote]

Did you play RS for 5 minutes, 10 minutes or not at all?

[quote name='onikage']Yeah, this doesn't belong in the deals forum.

Did you play RS for 5 minutes, 10 minutes or not at all?[/quote]

It's free shipping for 1 and 2 Amazon doesnt charge tax. So go ahead pay the extra couple of bucks for tax if you want.

[quote name='hhhdx4']I could go to a store and buy it for the same price with free shipping.[/quote]

And you can pay an extra couple of bucks for tax or just have it tax free from Amazon.

[quote name='angrysalad187']I consider RE4 to be one of the best games ever made and probably the best video game ever made (thats my opinion... i know not many people share it with me. don't flame plz)[/QUOTE]

People dont share it with you? It's been deemed one of the greatest games of all-time universally by every gaming publication and website pretty much. Unless you're some kind of cracked RE die-hard who hated the new controls (which is crazy given how the controls were the achielles heel of the series to begin with), RE4 is rightfully regarded all over as one of THE greatest games.

IMO it's the most satisfying, exciting, enthralling game I've ever played from start to finish in my lifetime also. You are definitely NOT alone. :)

[quote name='Zoglog']msrp seems right considering it is a port. I just hope sigma is priced the same.[/quote]

Don't count on it.

Hopefully theres some bonus content, even with the lower MSRP. I have it for GC but having Wii aiming on such a masterpiece could be tempting. Amazing game to those who never had the chance to play it.

[quote name='Poolking99']Hopefully theres some bonus content, even with the lower MSRP. I have it for GC but having Wii aiming on such a masterpiece could be tempting. Amazing game to those who never had the chance to play it.[/quote]
Yeah, it is kind of tempting. I played the GCN version, but I sorta feel like I missed out on the PS2 extras. Maybe I'll get this when it is a little less, but if there is anyone viewing this thread right and hasn't played it: Do so as soon as possible. Just don't play the PC version.

bread's done
Back