The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

• Please log in to reply
4867 replies to this topic

#3811 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:44 AM

I'm seeing an ad where a guy is selling a load of PS1 rarities mixed in with some junk for $4 each.

I'm thinking its got to be some kind of scam or something or the guy is going to show up and rob you. I sent an email, but I told the guy that the stuff he's selling is worth a lot more than he's selling it for, but i'd still be interested.

http://milwaukee.cra...2585159233.html

Playstation1 Games Cheap$4.00 - $4 (milwaukee)

Date: 2011-09-06, 2:58PM CDT
Reply to: sale-ekye4-2585159233@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

All Playstaion 1 games are in the best condition.....All games are 4.00.................................

Here all the games i have....

TWISTED METAL 2,DESTRUCTION DERBY 2, CASTLE VANIA, NEED FOR SPEED HIGH STAKES,RESIDENT EVIL,DRIVER,DRACULA THE LAST SANRUARY, TALES OF DESTINY,POOL HUSTLER,ODDWORL,NEED FOR SPEED 2, LEGEND OF CAIN,PERSONA REVELATIONS,SUICKUDEN 2,PONG THE NEXT LEVEL,RELOADED,HEART OF DARKNESS,PGA TOUR 98,ANDRETTE RACING,SHADOWS TOWER, I H R A DRAG RACING,VIGILANTE 8, AZURE DREAMS,SAYA FRONTIER 1&2, MAGIC THE GATHERIN,GRAN TURISMO 2,MDK, SYPHON FILTER 2,..FINAL FANTASY (V11,V111,1X,ORIGINS,CHRONICLES 1V,AND ANTHOLOGY COLLECTORS PACK....ANY QUESTION CALL J AT 4148994536

Including Persona, Suikoden 2, tales of destiny, all the final fantasies, saga fronter, etc makes me just nervous about this one.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#3812 Kid Fresh

Kid Fresh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:03 AM

I'm seeing an ad where a guy is selling a load of PS1 rarities mixed in with some junk for $4 each.

I'm thinking its got to be some kind of scam or something or the guy is going to show up and rob you. I sent an email, but I told the guy that the stuff he's selling is worth a lot more than he's selling it for, but i'd still be interested.

http://milwaukee.cra...2585159233.html

Including Persona, Suikoden 2, tales of destiny, all the final fantasies, saga fronter, etc makes me just nervous about this one.

doesn't hurt to try

#3813 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:07 AM

I think the guy just doesn't know what he has.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3814 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:07 AM

Well I am a little late on it, it's been up for a few hours while i was at class. I told the guy his stuff was worth more than $4 and I'd pay more than that hoping that if he's legit he'd go with me over the other people who probably emailed not saying anything about the value.

I don't want to pay ebay values but even doing something like $50 on that suikoden 2 would be a steal if its complete.

#3815 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:48 PM

Well I am a little late on it, it's been up for a few hours while i was at class. I told the guy his stuff was worth more than $4 and I'd pay more than that hoping that if he's legit he'd go with me over the other people who probably emailed not saying anything about the value.

I don't want to pay ebay values but even doing something like $50 on that suikoden 2 would be a steal if its complete.

There was this time a girl was selling a game for $5 a pop, or 5 for $20. We picked up Lunar complete and Tales of Destiny 2, and three other less impressive games.

Our guess was that her bf cheated on her.

#3816 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:38 PM

The guy did email back and stated he has been in the military for some amount of years and didn't know that these things had collected value since then. He thanked me for being honest and said he had sold a few games and someone offered him $50 for Suiko2 already.

Seems legit, but Suiko2 was the only one I really wanted :( I realize there are other rarities there but i tend not to collect stuff I won't play unless its longboxes on PS1.

#3817 Tempius

Tempius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

Posted Image

Saw an ad for this for $80. Sent an email and woke up the next morning to "Hi Chris, I have had 8 other emails about this lot, whats your best offer?". I felt comfortable with $120 so thats what I offered. 30 mins later he said why dont we settle for $100! I cleaned everything and it all starts on the first try and everything saves.

#3818 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:14 PM

Hot damn, look at all dem games!

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3819 FamiComplex

FamiComplex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

That is an awesome set of games for $100.
FamiComplex, the ongoing adventures of a nerdy classic game collector and historian. A new domain, a new direction and a fresh coat of paint!

#3820 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

I like how the guy didn't take your offer of $120, but rather settled for $100. Awesome dude.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3821 Tempius

Tempius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:40 PM

Yeah, he was a super nice guy.

#3822 yoyo1316

yoyo1316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:55 AM

Picked up a snes (bottom is yellowed) 2 controllers and av cable for $5

#3823 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:29 AM

Found some decent but common N64 games.
F-Zero X (complete with box)
Diddy Kong Racing
Chameleon Twist
Resident Evil 2
Donkey Kong 64

All for $30. Nothing amazing, but good additions to my N64 collection.

#3824 alexkidd4

alexkidd4

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:16 AM

I found a sealed copy of Metroid 2: Return of Samus w/ a 15 other gameboy games for $20. If anyone in RI wants to do a trade let me know. For some reason there was 2 copies of the game in the lot one was open and the other was sealed. I figured I would get rid of the sealed copy for something cool that I've been looking for.

Posted Image

#3825 Tempius

Tempius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:45 AM

I am very envyous of you alexkidd. I have been trying to get that game at a good price complete. PM sent.

#3826 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:15 AM

very nice. Those look like FYE price tags. They always had everything marked up so high that those game boy games probably sat on the shelf for 10 years..

#3827 Kid Fresh

Kid Fresh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:43 AM

The Metriod game new fetches a pretty penny on the interwebs nice find!

#3828 chefgamer

chefgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

i was after this item as well lol but i did not feel like getting into a bidding war so told the guy i was out of it but i did want it nice catch at $100

Posted Image

Saw an ad for this for $80. Sent an email and woke up the next morning to "Hi Chris, I have had 8 other emails about this lot, whats your best offer?". I felt comfortable with $120 so thats what I offered. 30 mins later he said why dont we settle for $100! I cleaned everything and it all starts on the first try and everything saves.

#3829 AEJustin1

AEJustin1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:31 AM

I got NCAA Football (xbox 360) for $25 from a guy here, only thing I need is an online pass (if anyone has one PM and I will buy it) for it, no biggie as I don't play football online a whole lot anyways hah.

#3830 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:02 PM

2 Game Boy Advance SPs (one blue, one pink)
Pokemon FireRed AND Emerald
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario 3
Donkey Kong Country
Some random casual kiddie game...

Paid $20. I've bought from the kid before, so I knew he'd be reliable. There's a few scratches on the case of both GBs, but the screens are crystal clear and they both work. He only had one charger, so I'll have to do some parts shopping, but for $20? Worth it.

Edited by TheHeef, 11 September 2011 - 04:15 PM.

#3831 Otherguy676

Otherguy676

Grand Pawn Shop Champ!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:13 AM

I had a pretty good C-list story today. A guy posted Shenmue Collector's Edition for $10. I had never heard there was a CE version (comes with a marking on the case and manual and a soundtrack CD) and I saw it was a R6 on digit press so I bit at it. I asked him to bring any other game he wanted to get rid of and I'd take a look. Guy pulls up and starts talking video games with me and gives me the copy of Shenmue. He then shows me this bag of GB games / GBA that has an import (turns out knockoff) Samurai Shodown, Castlevanie COM, Zelda Oracle of Ages, Pokemon Gold, Onimuha Tactics and Super Bust a move and a Game boy pocket. I had $20 on me and figured I could get a few of the games of. He said I can take everything for $20 which was awsome. He then shows me this other bag and says its included. Inside this bag was a few strategy guides (MGS 3, Halo 2, Sonic Adventure), boxes and manuals to all the games (except the bootleg), and at the bottom a Vanguard Bandits Strategy Guide! If you've never seen those PSOne Working Designs guides, they are pretty cool with features and have a decent value. He also a Gold Master Chief ( which is apparently hard to find) and Solid Snake action figure he said I could have but I was feeling bad he kept giving me stuff so I turned it down.

A pretty decent haul, he had some Gundam stuff he is selling to a buddy of mine so when we meet up I'm going to give him one of my extra dreamcasts (I got 7 of them in a random C-list lot) and a few games as the guy said he missed his dreamcast that he had to sell.
My games list, Just hit 1000!!!
http://users.ign.com...objType=1&lid=1

My Ebay Auctions - check this out and if you buy something, let me know your a CAG and Ill throw in some free swag (like uncommon cards or various promo items I find lying around)
http://www.ebay.com/...6/m.html?_dmd=1

Trade list
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95517
I an have a Sega Saturn Pro Action Replay 4 in 1 for sale, PM me if interested

#3832 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

You wasted a $100 on those SNES games when you coulda just used the emulator? Psshh

#3833 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:48 PM

You wasted a $100 on those SNES games when you coulda just used the emulator? Psshh

I think you must be joking, but..

emulators suck. they're inaccurate. BSNES is the only good one and you need like, a core i7 to really run the accuracy version at full speed. All the others don't emulate properly..

Guy posted 20 ps1 games for $10 yesterday, too bad they were all sports and kids junk :(

#3834 SlammedNiss

SlammedNiss

Mine hits the ground!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:32 AM

I think you must be joking, but..

emulators suck. they're inaccurate. BSNES is the only good one and you need like, a core i7 to really run the accuracy version at full speed. All the others don't emulate properly..

He was obviously being sarcastic. However, you're statement is pretty far out there. Hell, I ran plenty of SNES emulators on my old 700mhz Compaq Presario. Even my PSP emulates SNES just fine. Maybe you could expand on your comment a little?

#3835 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:46 AM

He was obviously being sarcastic. However, you're statement is pretty far out there. Hell, I ran plenty of SNES emulators on my old 700mhz Compaq Presario. Even my PSP emulates SNES just fine. Maybe you could expand on your comment a little?

Spoiler

just kind of interesting stuff. I never did mess around with emulators much unless it was unreleased stuff but yeah, most emulators really don't feel the same as the original console hardware, because they're basically hacked together with all kinds of shortcuts.

#3836 FamiComplex

FamiComplex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:42 AM

I'm not anti-emulator by any means, but there's something much, much more satisfying about playing games in their original form, on their original consoles.

But I'm biased - I'm a collector. I have this NEED for stacks of physical cartridges. :)
FamiComplex, the ongoing adventures of a nerdy classic game collector and historian. A new domain, a new direction and a fresh coat of paint!

#3837 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:45 AM

^^^^ +1

#3838 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:09 AM

I'm not anti-emulator by any means, but there's something much, much more satisfying about playing games in their original form, on their original consoles.

But I'm biased - I'm a collector. I have this NEED for stacks of physical cartridges. :)

I agree to a point. There is something incredibly satisfying about not just getting your hands on a physical cartridge or disc, but getting to play it.

But my love of emulators comes from the fact that they were the only way I could play certain games, because like most Americans, my Japanese sucks. I was able to play Seiken Densetsu 3, Mother 3 (which I was playing until I had to replace my hard drive), and Terranigma that way. Whether the translations are good or bad, I can't say, but I was able to enjoy them because of it. That, and my budget is not what it was a few years ago. Emulators are pretty much my only way to enjoy those classics.

#3839 SlammedNiss

SlammedNiss

Mine hits the ground!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

Most emulators don't actually emulate the console they claim to very well. They take a lot of shortcuts and hacks that cause a lot of games to display incorrectly, have bad sound, not act like they do on a console, etc. BSNES emulates the super nintendo on a much, much more detailed scale. Because of that my dual core 2.3 mhz laptop just barely hits 60 FPS most of the time when using the "performance" build. The "compatability" build which is near 100% accurate to what you'd get from a real SNES requires a much more powerful computer. 4GHZ at least, I think.

That is interesting stuff. Surprising, because my Compaq also even emulated the N64 fairly decently, as I played SM64 and Diddy Kong Racing through without any problems. Of course, not all N64 games were that compatible. And this was back 10 years ago. I guess I'll just put it this way and say, that to most people, for most games, they won't recognize the subtle differences that an emulator lacks from the real thing, other than the controller.

Have you yourself tried SNES9X? If not, I'd highly recommend it if you have the SNES itch. I'd be surprised if you found it anything but enjoyable.

#3840 FamiComplex

FamiComplex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

I agree to a point. There is something incredibly satisfying about not just getting your hands on a physical cartridge or disc, but getting to play it.

But my love of emulators comes from the fact that they were the only way I could play certain games, because like most Americans, my Japanese sucks. I was able to play Seiken Densetsu 3, Mother 3 (which I was playing until I had to replace my hard drive), and Terranigma that way. Whether the translations are good or bad, I can't say, but I was able to enjoy them because of it. That, and my budget is not what it was a few years ago. Emulators are pretty much my only way to enjoy those classics.

Totally agreed. If I had the money, I'd spring for an SNES/NES flash cart to handle translated games. I still feel like it's only fair for me to buy the original Japanese carts beforehand, even though it's a pain. I need to make some friends in Japan.. or stop struggling with my morals. :lol: