The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

• Please log in to reply
4867 replies to this topic

#4621 white3er

white3er

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

Paid $120 for the following, probably overpriced by some's standards but I thought I did pretty good (plan on keeping all):

Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Vagrant Story
Chrono Cross
Kartia
Suikoden
Saga Frontier
Civilization II
Breath of Fire III
Ogre Battle 64[/SPOILER]

Spoiler

Everything was complete except for Symphonia, BoF3, and Civ2. They were all in pretty good condition too; not too many scratches, most cases intact. Now to remove all those stickers, damn Gamestop.

you got a killer deal and I am jealous. Fire Emblem and Tales of Symphonia are at least $40 each on ebay + SSB is $40 too
Posted Image

#4622 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

Picked up a very big World of Nintendo sign (neon)

3ft by 2ft - so it is pretty big. Probably weighs like 40 lbs. I paid 200 for it, so maybe I overpaid but after looking at what some of the World of Nintendo merch goes for on eBay and people on VG memorabilia site pay/ask for, I decided it was a good enough deal for me.

Sadly no place to put it yet, so it is stored at my parent's house. I should swap it out with my Virtual Boy store display. That thing is soooo big that it takes up way to much room. I could drop that off and pick up a bookshelf and put this on top of it.

Posted Image

"Oh, look at that! Will you look at that? Isn't that glorious? It's... it's... it's indescribably beautiful! It reminds me of the Fourth of July!"

Edited by Dokstarr, 22 August 2012 - 12:50 PM.

#4623 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

Saw an interesting ad today on good ole' CL and thought I'd check it out.

It was a SNES (gray top, so not yellowed out) with 14 games for $50. I called the guy and offered him $40 for it all. I was taking a gamble as the games included weren't listed and all the guy said was that there was a mario game. I took the gamble and came out satisfied.

I got the following for the $40.
- Gray top, super clean SNES with all cables (power and 2 rf adapters) and 3 Clean Controllers

Games:
- Super Mario World
- Super Bomberman
- NHL '94
- U.N. Squadron
- Secret of Evermore :hot:
- Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure :hot:
- Super Ghouls and Ghosts
- Earthworm Jim :hot:
- Killer Instinct
- Super Putty
- Daffy Duck: The Martian Adventures
- Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures
- Super Star Wars
- Williams Arcades Greatest Hits

I think I got a decent value for what I paid, and I feel like my gamble paid off. I'll be putting my yellowed SNES on CL shortly. :lol:

#4624 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

Had a good find today. Guy was kinda flakey, really long in between responses. But eventually like 3 hours later I finally got him to agree to give me his number so we could meet up for the deal.

Picked it all up for $100

Posted Image

Going to keep donkey kong. Thinking of Gauntlet.. dont know a whole lot about it. Its an RPG right?
Also the pokemon stadium is a bit strange, the label shows "THIS GAME PAK BELONGS TO" and then it is blank. This is actually printed onto the label itself, the label was made that way. Its not a sticker over it.

Edited by Artrigis, 23 August 2012 - 03:00 AM.

#4625 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

that pokemon stadium label is just how they made it.

that is an ok deal for $100, i guess. not much room for resale.

#4626 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:03 AM

Ah okay thanks. Theres a lot of room for resale. Ill sell everything, minus that donkey kong, for $235. $200 of that will be in quick sales.

Ah hrm, looks like donkey kong requires the N64 expansion pak to play.. I actually picked one up over the weekend and sold it.. but haven't bought shipping label for it yet.. ugh, think Ill cancel that order and keep it.

Edited by Artrigis, 23 August 2012 - 04:33 AM.

#4627 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

Ah okay thanks. Theres a lot of room for resale. Ill sell everything, minus that donkey kong, for $235. $200 of that will be in quick sales.

Ah hrm, looks like donkey kong requires the N64 expansion pak to play.. I actually picked one up over the weekend and sold it.. but haven't bought shipping label for it yet.. ugh, think Ill cancel that order and keep it.

you'll be lucky to get that much. you won't on forums. and ebay will charge fees. But i hope i'm wrong. good luck

#4628 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Had a good find today. Guy was kinda flakey, really long in between responses. But eventually like 3 hours later I finally got him to agree to give me his number so we could meet up for the deal.

Picked it all up for $100

Posted Image

Going to keep donkey kong. Thinking of Gauntlet.. dont know a whole lot about it. Its an RPG right?
Also the pokemon stadium is a bit strange, the label shows "THIS GAME PAK BELONGS TO" and then it is blank. This is actually printed onto the label itself, the label was made that way. Its not a sticker over it.

Never played gauntlet legends, but I used to love the original gauntlet back in the arcades and even on the nes if I remember right. Not sure if it plays or looks the same however...

#4629 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

I think you'd be lucky to get $235 BEFORE eBay fees. If you go the Craigslist route, I don't think you'll get near as much.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4630 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

Picked up a very big World of Nintendo sign (neon)

3ft by 2ft - so it is pretty big. Probably weighs like 40 lbs. I paid 200 for it, so maybe I overpaid but after looking at what some of the World of Nintendo merch goes for on eBay and people on VG memorabilia site pay/ask for, I decided it was a good enough deal for me.

Sadly no place to put it yet, so it is stored at my parent's house. I should swap it out with my Virtual Boy store display. That thing is soooo big that it takes up way to much room. I could drop that off and pick up a bookshelf and put this on top of it.

"Oh, look at that! Will you look at that? Isn't that glorious? It's... it's... it's indescribably beautiful! It reminds me of the Fourth of July!"

I passed up this exact sign in college at a pawn shop for $100. Still bugs me. :/

#4631 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

The fees arent too bad for me. I have a pro selling plan which reduces the fee cost for me.
Yes I did mean $235 before fees. But honestly that $235 won't be too difficult to get, a lot of that stuff is sought after and will sell over the weekend. I figure $216 worth of games are all easy sales. The rest might take a few weeks which isn't a problem. I still have stuff from some of the first bundles I bought 3 months ago that has sold recently.

Honestly had I listed some of this stuff, based on experience Id of expected a few to of sold already. But Ill list it all tomorrow. Had some medical conditions preventing me from doing too much today.

Edit: Playtested all these games today, all work. Gauntlet seems boring. Read up a bit on it, no one likes this game as much as others in the series.
The game literally plays for you. Run up to near an enemy, and the game will auto attack for you. Will sell this game.

#4632 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

I passed up this exact sign in college at a pawn shop for $100. Still bugs me. :/

Oh that sucks. Stuff like this is now the major reason I keep searching on craigslist. I gave him 200, but I probably would've gone higher since it is one of those things I'm sure I won't see again for a long time and on eBay they want an arm and leg for it.

#4633 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

Oh that sucks. Stuff like this is now the major reason I keep searching on craigslist. I gave him 200, but I probably would've gone higher since it is one of those things I'm sure I won't see again for a long time and on eBay they want an arm and leg for it.

There was this one on the local Craigslist for a while; he kept posting at the same price.

I tried to talk him down but he wouldn't budge. He wanted $800 (no way) for the thing...

#4634 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

I wonder if anyone has tried to contact a company (assuming there was more than just one) that made World of Nintendo signs, to see if they can make new ones.

#4635 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

hopefully picking this set up today

Posted Image

for $20. Resident Evil longbox is worth that.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#4636 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

There was this one on the local Craigslist for a while; he kept posting at the same price.

I tried to talk him down but he wouldn't budge. He wanted $800 (no way) for the thing...

C-list ad is gone, but at 800 I have to guess it is way way overpriced compared to what I've seen the other Nintendo signs go for..

I've e-mailed someone who was selling a DK machine. I don't know. I can't decide if I should go for it or not. I'm not going to be able to store it in my current apartment (so at my parents' house for the time being). I wouldn't be able to set it up for probably at least 6 or so months. Maybe I should just wait until then to start looking for one, especially since I can just keep playing it on my couch on MAME.

Decisions......

Edit:
Decided against it. I was all excited when I saw it, but I won't have anywhere to put it for at least probably like 6 or 8 months. I would have to store it in my parent's basement wrapped up for that long. I think I'm better off just waiting until I get a new bigger place - then I will get a DK machine.

Edited by Dokstarr, 25 August 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#4637 PimpBot2000

PimpBot2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

I got this for $25. The only problem was a dead save battery in Pokemon Silver.
Spoiler

And I got this for $50 (missing Wiimote).
Spoiler

#4638 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

That Wii bundle I was about to say wasn't that great until I saw Mario Galaxy 2. Makes it very solid.
www.vg-force.com

#4639 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

I'm negotiating a possible trade with someone on CL.

I am offering:
- SNES (Yellowed out) w/ 2 controllers and needed cables
- Super Mario World
- Mario is Missing
- Pac-Man 2
- NHL '94

He is offering:
- Yobo FC Twin (Black) w/ 2 Controllers and Cables
- SNES Game Genie
- NES Game Genie
- Mad Max (NES)
- Totally Rad (NES)
- Nightmare on Elm Street (NES)
- Wizards & Warriors (NES)
- Friday the 13th (NES)
- Frankenstein - The Monster Returns (NES)

Overall value wise, I think they are about the same with me getting the slight edge because the Yobo and Frankenstein game is worth some. But I also have someone offering me $40 cash for my bundle. I can't decide which way I want to go. Anyone have any experience with the Yobo's?

#4640 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

Probably my best craigslist pick up, guy was selling a bunch of video game stuff and mentioned a Dreamcast and SNES for $20. Called the number and left a voice mail only to get a text back saying I had the wrong number. Luckily I tried emailing him (he had put the wrong phone number in the ad) and got the following for $20 total, everything works perfectly.

SNES w/ hookups but no controller
Sega Dreamcast w/ hookups and controller and Power Stone 2 and Tony Hawk 1
Gameboy Advance
Posted Image

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#4641 KingTruffle

KingTruffle

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

Last week I got a new, unopened red/black 3DS XL from somebody for $150 because they won it at some bingo event and didn't want it. I was pretty happy to take it off their hands :D

#4642 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:36 AM

Oh wow. That person was really lucky! haha.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4643 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

Probably my best craigslist pick up, guy was selling a bunch of video game stuff and mentioned a Dreamcast and SNES for $20. Called the number and left a voice mail only to get a text back saying I had the wrong number. Luckily I tried emailing him (he had put the wrong phone number in the ad) and got the following for $20 total, everything works perfectly.

SNES w/ hookups but no controller
Sega Dreamcast w/ hookups and controller and Power Stone 2 and Tony Hawk 1
Gameboy Advance
Posted Image

ah good old powerstone, love that series, would still play it today if i had a dreamcast still

#4644 slainviper

slainviper

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:21 AM

Found this Sega lot. (Along with this.) Not really sure of the value of everything there, but I figure a bunch of decent looking complete games and some systems it'd be worth the price. Unfortunately I'm broke right now so I won't even bother to see if it's available.

#4645 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

whats this worth?

There are 44 games, a game console,2 handhelds accessories, and more. Price is firm. Includes the following:

GAMEBOY ADVANCE:
Gameboy Adance Purple, Madcatz portable car charger, Regular wall charger, Connector Cable for the Wii, Four game cases, A Madcatz magnifying glass (The lights for it dont seem to be working) Four Games with booklets:
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Yu Gi OH! Eternal Duelist Soul, Tony Hawk Underground,The Incredibles , Namco Museum BOOKLET ONLY and Super Mario Land Gameboy Original BOOKLET ONLY

NES:
Super Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt, dust sleeve, and controller

NES 64:
Turok 2 Seeds of Evil, "The Fun Case" in Original Box

GAMECUBE:
MadKatz Controller, Game case

NINTENDO DS:
DS with wall charger DS DOES NOT WORK. does not turn on. I have no idea why. I bought this at a yard sale this spring. Could be the battery could be something else. .
Games: Rayman, Big Brain Academy, Kirby Super Start Ultra, Nintendogs, Artic Tale, 2 Guitar Hero 80's and guitar heros decades, guitar hero mini guitar
Games Cases with instruction manuals NO GAMES Bionicle, Star Wars the complete Saga, Kung Fu Panda, Indian Jones, and Spore (case only no booklet)

Wii:

Ghostbusters and Battle of the Bands

PLAYSATION:
Console with two controllers, memory card, cables and games: Pac Man World, Caesars Palace,Rugrats NO CASE,Barbie Detectives, Barbie Race and Ride, Croc Legand of the Gobbos,,Frogger,Centepede, and Rayman

PLAYSTATION 2:
The Urbz Sims in the City, Monster Jam, ATV Off Road Fury 2, The Sims Busting Out, ATV Off Road Fury 4, Yourself Fitness, The Sims 2, Kingdom Hearts Greatest Hits, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi, Ultimate Ninja 2, Dragonball Z Budokai 2, Dragonball Z Budokai 3 no instructions. All games have cases and instructions unless otherwise noted..

XBOX:
Rainbow 6 3 game only, Outlaw Golf, Da Vinci Code,Azurik game only, Max Payne, Amped 2.

PC:

Sherlock Holmes The Awakened, The Sims 2 for Mac, and Command and Conquer (an old school classic)

Plug and Play:

Tetris

Posted Image
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#4646 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

ah good old powerstone, love that series, would still play it today if i had a dreamcast still

They have the collection (all 3 games) for PSP and Vita for $10.

#4647 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

They have the collection (all 3 games) for PSP and Vita for $10.

I didn't even know they had a third(had the first and second), and unfortunately don't have a Psp or Vita, although I am looking to get a Vita
by christmas time if I find a good deal...

#4648 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

Powerstone Collection is only 1 and 2. There never was a third game.
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#4649 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

I got Fossil Fighters and Fossil Fighters: Champions both for the DS for $10 total.
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#4650 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

whats this worth?

Honestly not very much at all.
With the exception of maybe 2 DS B+ titles... this looks like everything left from different bundles he/she bought but had little to no value...

$40?
and even at that price, I would just pick out what I really wanted and make an offer on just those items...
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."