Photo
- - - - -

The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

• Please log in to reply
4867 replies to this topic

#1021 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:27 PM

Nope but if I knew then what I know now I probably would have along with the $20 Shinning Force 3s & Suikoden IIs and some of the quality SNES stuff I remember seeing in the mid/late 90s on clearance for $10 give or take $5. The only game I ever really thought would be worth money in the Future when it came out was Panzer Dragoon Saga. I never figured (or even though about if) old video games could be worth serious money down the road.

I remember also buying Tomba 2 for $20 at Sears and this along with the other 2 RPGs I only found at $20 at good old Sears :D

Nice man. Yeah, who knew? Same with all our toys and (some) comics before the mid-late 80's.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1022 Callandor

Callandor

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

Good to hear, great score! Now go get some PS3 games from the Circuit City closing clearance, Target clearance, somewhere! I'm sure it'll play those, LOL!!!

Already added bluray access to my Netflix account. Trying to decide if Far Cry 2 is worth $30, since my Target had a few copies. Also had Fracture for around $16.

I was honestly hoping for a $15 copy of Lair (yeah, maybe a par game at best, but I love dragons!).

For the time, though, Super Stardust HD, flOw, and demos will keep me good and occupied while I await some good deals.

#1023 pfp

pfp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:07 PM

Nope but if I knew then what I know now I probably would have along with the $20 Shinning Force 3s & Suikoden IIs and some of the quality SNES stuff I remember seeing in the mid/late 90s on clearance for $10 give or take $5. The only game I ever really thought would be worth money in the Future when it came out was Panzer Dragoon Saga. I never figured (or even though about if) old video games could be worth serious money down the road.

I have a couple good stories about this:

I bought a SNES collection of craigs - think I paid $50-60, and that was an okay price for it - one of the games included was Mario Kart (which I usually charge $27-30 for). It had an OLD pricetag on it (gamestop, I think) for $2.99.

When my wife moved in with me (we have a house, so ALL her stuff came with her) I found a copy of FFVII GH sealed, among her stuff. It had a $6.99 pricetag on it. The conversation between us went:

Me: Hon, do you know what this is?
Her: Yeah, I got it a while ago at Blockbuster, just never got the chance to actually play it.
Me: No Hon, do you know what this is worth?

We sold it a bit down the road for $185.

Craigslist - If it's not still sealed, somebody probably had sex with it.

#1024 Switchblade232

Switchblade232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:07 AM

hey

is $30 for a fat ps2 with all wires but no controllers/games a good deal?

#1025 NoobHammer

NoobHammer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:30 AM

hey

If it works more than a half hour, its not bad. Nothing epic

#1026 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:02 AM

hey

Yeah, what my boy Noobhammer said. I'm not a fan of that price, to be honest. But that's because I've been spoiled with finding PS2 slims at yard sales and craigslist for $20 or $25, sometimes with a few games...

I guess if you want to do homebrew or whatever (nudge nudge, wink wink ;)) and want a fatty, it's okay. DRE problems should be easy enough to fix...

Edited by karkyco, 23 February 2009 - 10:10 PM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1027 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:18 AM

i wouldn't pay more then $20 for a fat

#1028 MirrIll

MirrIll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:37 AM

I remember also buying Tomba 2 for $20 at Sears and this along with the other 2 RPGs I only found at $20 at good old Sears :D

Oh my gosh, this brings me back. I remember being eleven or twelve whenever the Sega Saturn was on its way out and seeing copies of Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shining Force III on sale at Toys-R-Us for $20 each. Being the kid I was, I begged for an "advance in my allowance" to buy them, but my mother just didn't get it and now they go for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Same goes for Valkyrie Profile! I remember being a little older and having a complete copy of it in my hand at GameStop for $40 and I was $10 short and my mother wouldn't give me the few extra bucks I needed to buy it. Never saw it again after that.
Lame, I know, but wow! I just never knew the extent of this stuff back then. Then again, I had some good finds back in the day, too. Chrono Trigger and MegaMan X3 for $10-$12 at movie rental stores? (A little beat up, sure, but still!) I wish I had taken better care of those in my youth. I'm still proud of myself for grabbing Suikoden II for $30 at Wal-Mart when I was younger.
I want to buy your boxes and manuals!
http://www.cheapassg...d.php?p=6296948

#1029 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

Oh my gosh, this brings me back. I remember being eleven or twelve whenever the Sega Saturn was on its way out and seeing copies of Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shining Force III on sale at Toys-R-Us for $20 each. Being the kid I was, I begged for an "advance in my allowance" to buy them, but my mother just didn't get it and now they go for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Same goes for Valkyrie Profile! I remember being a little older and having a complete copy of it in my hand at GameStop for $40 and I was $10 short and my mother wouldn't give me the few extra bucks I needed to buy it. Never saw it again after that.
Lame, I know, but wow! I just never knew the extent of this stuff back then. Then again, I had some good finds back in the day, too. Chrono Trigger and MegaMan X3 for $10-$12 at movie rental stores? (A little beat up, sure, but still!) I wish I had taken better care of those in my youth. I'm still proud of myself for grabbing Suikoden II for $30 at Wal-Mart when I was younger.

My mom did the same thing to me, except it was with Atari Jaguar clearance. Kay-Bee Toys had piles of the system going for $20.00 a piece on clearance, neither my brother nor I had the money for it and we begged our mom but she didn't want another system in the household. Now a brand new Jaguar is worth 150 plus and an open CIB one is around 60 - 70. I can't really blame my mom for saying no, as I remember her loaning me money for both the 32x and Virtual Boy when they were on clearance at the same store. She didn't want me wasting money on another flop.

I never saw any of the rare RPGs everyone is talking about, as I didn't even find out what an RPG was until I was 11 in late 1998 when my friend gave me FFVII for the PC. I also didn't have a PS1 or Saturn, so I never bothered to look at the games for the systems. I wish I had bought PDS back then, it would have saved me from the $170.00 I dropped on it last Summer.

#1030 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:25 PM

i was wondering what you guys send to people on craigslist when you respond to a post? i usually have to ask for a list of games and then sometimes follow up with does everything work (unless specified) and then usually hear nothing back or they email me telling me they sold it already, but that usually takes about 24 hours at the least.
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#1031 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:33 PM

Everybody that says they have stuff for me they say "i have an nes with 11 games, give me an offer". What are the games? Then they list out the games, I ask them where they are and where they wanna meet and I never hear back. Like I said before, if you were to wave a million dollars under their noses, they'd fall asleep.

Or maybe there's a new disease you can get from craigslist that makes you flake out? LOL.

#1032 pfp

pfp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:37 PM

Depends on the person, I could write a guide on it. Obviously these are abbreviations, I'm much more longwinded:

If the price is less than the max I'm willing to pay, i e-mail them saying I'll take it, I'll drive to you, when's good, what's your address and phone number, I pay cash.

If the price is more than I'm willing to pay, I put together a quote, drop it by a bit, and e-mail it to them, with completely not regard for their original amount, except that I won't pay it - this e-mail says something like: I'll pay xxxx, cash. I realize this is less than you're really looking for, so feel free to wait a few days or a week to see if another buyer comes through before accepting if you'd like. I also explain to them that I'm a game dealer and not an end user in this e-mail - 99% of the people I work with have no problem with the fact that I'm making money.

FINALLY, if there's not a list, I e-mail them telling them I need one before I can make a decision, but that they can leave out any sports games from the list as they don't really hold a value. UNLESS it seems like a REALLY good deal, in which case I offer to take it WITHOUT seeing a list, b/c they're more likely to go with me b/c I'm not making them work (Someone had a N64 and 23 games for $85 - I took the gamble, b/c I knew if they had just a few of the "N64 staple games" mario 64, kart, parties, goldeneye, it'd be well worth it and put a lot of "other" stock on my shelves - actually turned out to be a really killer lot that a lot of others missed b/c they wouldn't take the risk.)

I also use feeds to make sure I generally AM the first person to reply.

Honestly Animal, a lot of it just has to do with the level of activity in your area. Hardly anyone buys gamecube anything here, and I end up walking away with a lot of it for a good price b/c no one else replies to the ads.

#1033 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:49 PM

http://lasvegas.crai...1048917888.html

Dude, a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 arcade cabinet? AWESOME. Too bad he's asking $1000 (which might actually be a bargain. Who knows?)

#1034 Otherguy676

Otherguy676

Grand Pawn Shop Champ!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

theres a arcade by me that has seveal mvc2 cabs, sells them for $1000, offered $500 and they said to wait until next year, which would be this November. They charge $500 for a MvC1 cab.
My games list, Just hit 1000!!!
http://users.ign.com...objType=1&lid=1

My Ebay Auctions - check this out and if you buy something, let me know your a CAG and Ill throw in some free swag (like uncommon cards or various promo items I find lying around)
http://www.ebay.com/...6/m.html?_dmd=1

Trade list
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95517
I an have a Sega Saturn Pro Action Replay 4 in 1 for sale, PM me if interested

#1035 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:10 AM

Depends on the person, I could write a guide on it. Obviously these are abbreviations, I'm much more longwinded:

If the price is less than the max I'm willing to pay, i e-mail them saying I'll take it, I'll drive to you, when's good, what's your address and phone number, I pay cash.

If the price is more than I'm willing to pay, I put together a quote, drop it by a bit, and e-mail it to them, with completely not regard for their original amount, except that I won't pay it - this e-mail says something like: I'll pay xxxx, cash. I realize this is less than you're really looking for, so feel free to wait a few days or a week to see if another buyer comes through before accepting if you'd like. I also explain to them that I'm a game dealer and not an end user in this e-mail - 99% of the people I work with have no problem with the fact that I'm making money.

FINALLY, if there's not a list, I e-mail them telling them I need one before I can make a decision, but that they can leave out any sports games from the list as they don't really hold a value. UNLESS it seems like a REALLY good deal, in which case I offer to take it WITHOUT seeing a list, b/c they're more likely to go with me b/c I'm not making them work (Someone had a N64 and 23 games for $85 - I took the gamble, b/c I knew if they had just a few of the "N64 staple games" mario 64, kart, parties, goldeneye, it'd be well worth it and put a lot of "other" stock on my shelves - actually turned out to be a really killer lot that a lot of others missed b/c they wouldn't take the risk.)

I also use feeds to make sure I generally AM the first person to reply.

Honestly Animal, a lot of it just has to do with the level of activity in your area. Hardly anyone buys gamecube anything here, and I end up walking away with a lot of it for a good price b/c no one else replies to the ads.

hey pfp, what do you mean you use feeds...are you talking about running scripts to notify you when certain keywords are hit? I've been toying with something like that, but here in LA with the massive amount of spam, there are waaaay too many false positives. Just try searching all "for sale" in LA for "NES"...there's a couple of scammers now flooding the boards with some satellite and cable boxes and crap.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1036 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:48 PM

at the bottom of each category page there is an rss link that when updated loads all the items in that category. its actually really handy.
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#1037 pfp

pfp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

Look for a program called "feedburner".

Put the rss link for the "feed address" or whatever it's called (I set it up a while ago, and it was my first time dealing with rss)

Set it to check every 10 mins, and notify for 1 minute.

You'll get a little reminder from your system tray every 10 mins, like you would for a new e-mail w/outlook, or a registry change w/spybot, notifying you of the new postings in your selected category. When it pops up, you'll have one minute to scan the titles of the postings. Look at the ones you like, ignore the others.

These notification will sometimes come before the item even appears on the Craigslist website, b/c it cycles and I think the feeds pick up instantly. Learn about RSS, it pays.

Also, I find this (picture below) easier to browse through than a website, mostly b/c it's not click link, click back, find where I was in the list, click link, etc. etc.....

Posted Image

Oh, and flag those bitches who are keyword-spamming.

And better than searching for "NINTENDO", search for "MARIO" - you'll find people that have listed their games, and you'll find ALL Nintendo systems from NES through Gamecube, sometimes Wii's, though rarely a good deal on them. ;)

Edited by pfp, 25 February 2009 - 05:47 PM.

#1038 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

Ahhh, okay cool. But in the case of LA, the list would be simply insane. But I will give it a go...

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1039 theGrue

theGrue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:16 AM

Look for a program called "feedburner".

Put the rss link for the "feed address" or whatever it's called (I set it up a while ago, and it was my first time dealing with rss)

Set it to check every 10 mins, and notify for 1 minute.

You'll get a little reminder from your system tray every 10 mins, like you would for a new e-mail w/outlook, or a registry change w/spybot, notifying you of the new postings in your selected category. When it pops up, you'll have one minute to scan the titles of the postings. Look at the ones you like, ignore the others.

These notification will sometimes come before the item even appears on the Craigslist website, b/c it cycles and I think the feeds pick up instantly. Learn about RSS, it pays.

Also, I find this (picture below) easier to browse through than a website, mostly b/c it's not click link, click back, find where I was in the list, click link, etc. etc.....

Posted Image

Oh, and flag those bitches who are keyword-spamming.

And better than searching for "NINTENDO", search for "MARIO" - you'll find people that have listed their games, and you'll find ALL Nintendo systems from NES through Gamecube, sometimes Wii's, though rarely a good deal on them. ;)

Well this confirms my suspicions from another thread, we're definitely competing over the same territory. And how am I supposed to compete with this?
Posted Image

#1040 pfp

pfp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:41 PM

I spend 8 hours a day in my office at a day job when I'm looking at it a lot less then automatically every 10 minutes.

:D

Seriously though, I don't think we're competing too much - Unless somethings REALLY good (and I miss a lot of the really good ones!), I usually place an offer far lower than asking and tell them to get back to me when they're ready to accept my offer if no one comes in higher or everyone falls through.

And if you look in my store you'll see that I do very, very little business on current generation.

#1041 xpacdos

xpacdos

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

http://wichita.craig...1051034773.html

inquired about a PS1 and this list of games

PS1 Final Fantasy 7
PS1 Final Fantasy 8
PS1 Final Fantasy 9
PS1 Final Fantasy Anthology
PS1 Final Fantasy Chronicles
PS1 Parasite Eve
PS1 Dragon Warrior 7
PS1 Final Fantasy Tactics
PS1 Silent Hill
PS1 Final Fantasy Origins

got an email back from dude asking $75, sound like a deal to anyone?
Posted Image

#1042 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electrifying confusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

PS1 Final Fantasy 7
PS1 Final Fantasy 8
PS1 Final Fantasy 9
PS1 Parasite Eve
PS1 Dragon Warrior 7
PS1 Silent Hill

Uh... Yes. Those are all games worth playing/owning and you if you wanted you could make the money back by selling FF7 and Parasite Eve/FFT/DQ7 after you beat them.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1043 pfp

pfp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:45 PM

If they're complete in case w/manual, you could make your $ back on ff7 alone.

Get that shit before someone else does!

#1044 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

black label or greatest hits?

#1045 xpacdos

xpacdos

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:01 PM

don't know for sure, but will be picking it up tonight around 6
Posted Image

#1046 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:06 PM

i remember when dragon warrior came out for ps1, I wanted it so bad but it was to expensive for me lol.

great RPG game. One of my favorites.

#1047 Dazz

Dazz

All about the Classics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:39 AM

Shining Force III, Shining Force III Scenario 2 (Import) nad Dragon Force. All extremely mint and complete.
Posted Image

#1048 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:55 AM

PS1 Final Fantasy 7
PS1 Final Fantasy 8
PS1 Final Fantasy 9
PS1 Parasite Eve
PS1 Dragon Warrior 7
PS1 Silent Hill

Uhhhh, YEAH!!! I hope you jumped on it. Though it's a little too good to be true. The quality to crap ratio is pretty much infinite.

I just hope it's not a fake ad or worse, a setup, and the guy rapes and kills you when you go to pick them up, LOL. Or kills THEN rapes you. Ewww.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1049 xpacdos

xpacdos

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:56 AM

Okay here is what i ended up with for only $75
And I didn't even get Raped Karkyco!

Ps1 with 2 controllers System tested and works
1 regular blue memory card
1 Sony PocketStation needs new battery

Final Fantasy 7 - Greatest Hits Complete Mint w/ manual
Final Fantasy 8 - Greatest Hits Complete Mint w/ Manual
Final Fantasy 9 - Greatest Hits Sealed
Final Fantasy - Anthology Greatest Hits Sealed
Final Fantasy - Chronicles Greatest hits Sealed
Parasite Eve - Complete w/ Manual Case a little banged up, Disks look great
Dragon Warrior 7 SEALED!
Final Fantasy Tactics - Greatest Hits Complete Mint w/ Manual
Silent Hill - Complete Disk looks great
Final Fantasy Origins - Greatest Hits Sealed

Pics Below

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sorry if the pic is too large
Posted Image

#1050 Kuros

Kuros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:19 AM

DW7 should get you a pretty penny, sell it and then buy a complete copy.
Posted Image