Free XBLA game: Aegis Wing

[quote name='boyward']Wow, a free game! And it looks pretty good, too. The name sounds familiar. Is this a remake?[/QUOTE]
No..3 Microsoft interns made it.

The name "Aegis Wing" sounds similiar to the old genesis game "Zero Wing", which gave us the "All you base are belong to US!" lines.

But seeing as the game was made by 3 interns, I'd have to say it's not a remake.

Though the name does sound like it should'a been done before, no?

[quote name='mtxbass1']for the third time
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137672&highlight=aegis[/QUOTE]
This MB tends to get on my nerves..and no, not because people don't always use the search function, or not because people ask questions that were asked days ago, or not because someone doesn't go back and read a thread that is 30 pages long...it is people like you who are nice enough to point out things like that.

Does it really bother you that much? By doing what you are doing, you are basically bumping a topic that has already been discussed; therefore, you are doing the opposite of what you want done, which is to see this thread sink to the bottom.

As a person who works 50+ hours a week, I would never go back and read a thread 30 pages long, nor would I search previous days threads to see if it had been mentioned.

Someone was trying to post something to help everyone out, get over that it has been covered. Also, if someone asks a question, aren't we all in this for the same goal in mind..to get videogames at a cheaper price?? Not to sit here and put up a hissy fit because someone overlooked something.

Sorry I had to vent but I have seen this far too many times by far too many regulars to let it go. Let's share the love people, and if something has already been covered, just let it go.

With that said..if it is in the wrong forum...FLAME THEM!!;) Kidding..

There's nothing wrong with linking to the original thread, but it shouldn't be done in an exasperated manner, IMHO.

and being as this IS a videogame deal (free game) and not everyone here visits the 360 section of the forum on a regular basis (and vice versa I'm sure) what's the big deal if it's posted here. I did not know about this until I saw this thread here, so thx much OP!

No need to be in the videogame forum. If they don't visit the 360 forum, or do not turn on their 360, its not our problem.

Right on. I had no idea about this, so I'm damn glad this thread popped up. I understand that there are general forum guidelines, but why jump on someone's ass for a repost?

[quote name='jhaymond1']This MB tends to get on my nerves..and no, not because people don't always use the search function, or not because people ask questions that were asked days ago, or not because someone doesn't go back and read a thread that is 30 pages long...it is people like you who are nice enough to point out things like that.

Does it really bother you that much? By doing what you are doing, you are basically bumping a topic that has already been discussed; therefore, you are doing the opposite of what you want done, which is to see this thread sink to the bottom.

As a person who works 50+ hours a week, I would never go back and read a thread 30 pages long, nor would I search previous days threads to see if it had been mentioned.

Someone was trying to post something to help everyone out, get over that it has been covered. Also, if someone asks a question, aren't we all in this for the same goal in mind..to get videogames at a cheaper price?? Not to sit here and put up a hissy fit because someone overlooked something.

Sorry I had to vent but I have seen this far too many times by far too many regulars to let it go. Let's share the love people, and if something has already been covered, just let it go.

With that said..if it is in the wrong forum...FLAME THEM!!;) Kidding..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jhaymond1']This MB tends to get on my nerves..and no, not because people don't always use the search function, or not because people ask questions that were asked days ago, or not because someone doesn't go back and read a thread that is 30 pages long...it is people like you who are nice enough to point out things like that.

With that said..if it is in the wrong forum...FLAME THEM!!;) Kidding..[/quote]

What you fail to notice is that this EXACT SAME TOPIC has been posted 3 times already in this forum and has been moved or closed every single time. This topic is nearly word for word to the one in the 360 sub forum. Is it really too much to ask for ANYONE who is posting a thread to do a simple search BEFORE THEY POST?

I work 50+ hours a week myself. What's your point? Does that somehow entitle you, or anyone else to be lazy when it comes to searching before you do a post? In this case, if you search for AEGIS, it's the VERY FIRST POST that comes up. It's not all that hard or takes all that long to do.

Under your logic, why even have a search function? Why even have moderators for that matter? Let's just let everyone post every single topic they want to as many times as they want to.

[quote name='mtxbass1']What you fail to notice is that this EXACT SAME TOPIC has been posted 3 times already in this forum and has been moved or closed every single time. This topic is nearly word for word to the one in the 360 sub forum. Is it really too much to ask for ANYONE who is posting a thread to do a simple search BEFORE THEY POST?

I work 50+ hours a week myself. What's your point? Does that somehow entitle you, or anyone else to be lazy when it comes to searching before you do a post? In this case, if you search for AEGIS, it's the VERY FIRST POST that comes up. It's not all that hard or takes all that long to do.

Under your logic, why even have a search function? Why even have moderators for that matter? Let's just let everyone post every single topic they want to as many times as they want to.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'll continue to call a duck a duck, and if a thread has already been posted or is old, I'll let it be known. And I expect others to do the same for any of my theads. Most posters are sensible enough to realize it's not a personal attack nor a comment on one's intelligence--it is just the quickest way of letting the poster know that the topic has been discussed and that we do not need a duplicate thread on the matter.

Edit: And I'm not commenting on the duplicative nature of this thread or the lack of it, just to be clear.

[quote name='msdmoney']Anyone have any idea how long it is available for free, my 360 just died and I am sending it in for repairs.[/QUOTE]

The Texas Hold 'Em game was available for free for the first 72 hours IIRC.

I didnt know about this either, thanks OP!
I have too many systems to troll each forum for every one, so I am glad this made the general deals section.
And for the record, I didnt know about Aegis Wing to even search for it... so again, THANKS for posting this for those of us who missed it however many times it was brought up in other areas of the site.
Kudos to OP, thankie.

okay jeez I assumed that nobody posted this yet and I no longer own a 360 and I rarely visit that board anyway, since this was pretty recent news I'd thought it be on the first page but it wasnt, my bad guys.

Awesome! unfortunately I rarely visit any other forums than this one, so this is definitely the first I've heard of this deal... thanks much, crazyj! Don't let the haters get to ya.

[quote name='ozzymandd']Well, free is a good price, but I think I'll wait until I can get it cheaper ;)[/quote]

Yes... these interns will have to pay me to play there game... but just in case, how long will this be free for? :roll:

[quote name='msdmoney']Anyone have any idea how long it is available for free, my 360 just died and I am sending it in for repairs.[/QUOTE]
I have a question about this : If you "purchase" an item in the marketplace for free during a limited window and then you need to re-download it at a later date for one reason or another, are you able to do this without charge like you would for actually purchased items?
Basically I need to know if I can delete that HD South park that takes up over a gig of memory.

[quote name='gizmogc']The Texas Hold 'Em game was available for free for the first 72 hours IIRC.[/quote]

Yes, it was. This game actually sounds pretty interesting. Sure, it's another schmup, but the linking ships together so one guy can steer and the other shoots is unique, or at least I've never heard of a game that used that idea before. These days, you've got to have a gimmick for a shoot-em-up to get mass appeal. Like Ikaruga's polarity. Speaking of Ikaruga, where the hell is it? That was confirmed for XBLA ages ago.

[quote name='Decker']I have a question about this : If you "purchase" an item in the marketplace for free during a limited window and then you need to re-download it at a later date for one reason or another, are you able to do this without charge like you would for actually purchased items?
Basically I need to know if I can delete that HD South park that takes up over a gig of memory.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can re-download free marketplace content even after they start charging for it. Basically it just checks to see if your account has downloaded that content in the past and if it has you can re-download it for no charge. It doesn't bother to check whether or not you paid for the content or if it was free content at one point.

The deals forum is the only one I check on a daily basis, and I haven't seen any mention of this previously at all. I'm glad this was posted, because otherwise, I would have missed out on FREE.

[quote name='gizmogc']The Texas Hold 'Em game was available for free for the first 72 hours IIRC.[/quote]

shoot....when was the texas hold 'em free? how long ago?

Nice reminder OP even if that's not what was intended. I plan on downloading this one. I never saw the other ones since I don't go much past the main page.

With that said..if it is in the wrong forum...FLAME THEM!!;) Kidding..[/quote]

QFT

Everyone, download this! We need more shmups on XBLA. Hopefully we make enough noise to where MS makes more. :)

[quote name='mtxbass1']for the third time
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137672&highlight=aegis[/quote]

^^

Always a few of these types in every forum you will ever see. Dont be a douche about it, the guy was just excited and wanted to let other people know about it so I give him credit for trying. As well as most other people I really dont visit the specific console forums, Im sure most people cant even find the search function none the less use it and by posting ZOMG USE TEH SEARCH, I really doubt it will make them feel like using it either. The thread is really kind of riddiculous though CAG is usually the forum I see the least amount of useless drama so lets all strive to keep it that way and all just get over it.

[quote name='gizmogc']No need to be in the videogame forum. If they don't visit the 360 forum, or do not turn on their 360, its not our problem.[/QUOTE]

No shit. If you can't take ten seconds to scan the page for a system YOU OWN, then you need to free up some of your time.

You're right. And come to think of it, the entire CAG site should probably just be shuttered since it only encourages this type of laziness -- if you really loved bargains you'd be out finding out about these deals on your own and would not need them conveniently gathered on a single website and appropriately grouped under descriptive categories such as "Video Game Deals."

In all seriousness, many thanks to the original poster. I read the 360 thread off-and-on but, I suspect like many people on here "Video Game Deals" is my go-to thread and I am not offended if you chose to post a legitimate video game deal in the thread.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']No shit. If you can't take ten seconds to scan the page for a system YOU OWN, then you need to free up some of your time.[/quote]

[quote name='jhaymond1']@ nativetongue..

Is your name in any way associated with De la Soul, Tribe, Afrika, etc.??[/quote]

yeah man it actually is. my taste in music is still stuck back in the early 90's haha.

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']shoot....when was the texas hold 'em free? how long ago?[/quote]

this is when it first came out... I wanna say August maybe?

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']shoot....when was the texas hold 'em free? how long ago?[/quote]

The first 48 hours after release.

[quote name='SAB-CA']The name "Aegis Wing" sounds similiar to the old genesis game "Zero Wing", which gave us the "All you base are belong to US!" lines.

But seeing as the game was made by 3 interns, I'd have to say it's not a remake.

Though the name does sound like it should'a been done before, no?[/quote]

LOL I was going to say that too.

[quote name='kenshinx454']You're giving it away for free? It must be good![/quote]

Are you Quoting that lame Focus Factor Commercial? LOL That add was always on G4.

Thanks OP, I would have never known about this if not for you. Some are haters, don't worry about it, thanks a lot.

bread's done
Back