Photo
- - - - -

Monoprice.com - Need HDMI, Optical Audio, Component, or Other Cables, Get Them Here

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#121 floormat

floormat

psn id: floormat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:41 AM

do they have a free shipping code ¿?

if not then they are comparable if not more expensive than PCMicroStore.com. ( they frequently have 3 off 6 or 5 off 10 deals)

#122 gregbales

gregbales

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

thnx for the info guy, great and dirt cheap cables!!

#123 klwillis45

klwillis45

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:42 PM

Ordered component cables and a sd card for my new wii. Both work great and were very cheap, shipped fast too. Ordered late Sunday night and they were here on Wednesday with regular shipping.

Monoprice kicks azz. The only problem I've ever had with them was with a cheap fm transmitter that was awful quality. One email and they refunded everything including shipping and they didn't even make me return the item.
Posted Image

#124 Watchman

Watchman

BC2 Medic/God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:33 PM

Monoprice kicks azz. The only problem I've ever had with them was with a cheap fm transmitter that was awful quality. One email and they refunded everything including shipping and they didn't even make me return the item.

Dude, nice!

I just ordered my 6 foot silver HDMI cable from them around noon PDT. Their site clearly states that orders have to be in before 6 am to go out the same day, but since I live within an hour of the place, I called and asked when the order would go out. The girl said that she would make sure that it went out today-- I upgraded over the phone to priority just in case to give it an extra push-- so I expect to see it Monday or Tuesday-- just in time for me to return my ridiculously overpriced Monster cable to Fry's to take advantage of their "http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181740" Blu-ray deal ending on May 6th.

I suspect that due to my location someone will manually drop my package off today from them at the P.O., but I appreciate that they made that extra effort for me to aid me in avoiding my plight.

And save me an extra trip over to Fry's.
"Ohh! Kitty got wet!" --Nathan Drake, Uncharted 2

#125 GrilledWitOnions

GrilledWitOnions

Thrillhouse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:36 AM

Dude, nice!

I just ordered my 6 foot silver HDMI cable from them around noon PDT. Their site clearly states that orders have to be in before 6 am to go out the same day, but since I live within an hour of the place, I called and asked when the order would go out. The girl said that she would make sure that it went out today-- I upgraded over the phone to priority just in case to give it an extra push-- so I expect to see it Monday or Tuesday-- just in time for me to return my ridiculously overpriced Monster cable to Fry's to take advantage of their "http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181740" Blu-ray deal ending on May 6th.

I suspect that due to my location someone will manually drop my package off today from them at the P.O., but I appreciate that they made that extra effort for me to aid me in avoiding my plight.

And save me an extra trip over to Fry's.

I thought I had heard of some people picking items up themselves, but I don't see it anywhere on the site, so maybe they just got lucky.
Also why is it that when i click the "Diablo" picture, i get sent to pc games without the Diablo and even when i searched for Diablo, i get no results.
Oh boy...You said there was going to be Diablo op. Where is my Diablo? I dont see Diablo. You promised me Diablo.

#126 Watchman

Watchman

BC2 Medic/God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:12 PM

I thought I had heard of some people picking items up themselves, but I don't see it anywhere on the site, so maybe they just got
lucky.

Oh no, you totally can. It's on their payment screen--pickup in-person. i just live too far to warrant driving over there on the 210 to get a cable. Traffic's horrible once you pass Allen Avenue heading east-- that combined with gas prices, I'll have it shipped to me. Which I got Monday from ordering Friday.

Fry's, here I come with your overpriced cable. Gimme my money back.
"Ohh! Kitty got wet!" --Nathan Drake, Uncharted 2

#127 GTZ_NSR

GTZ_NSR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:24 AM

I just placed my second order with Monoprice. I was very impressed with my first order. I received a delivery confirmation number via e-mail within minutes of my order, and received the cables in 3 days.

#128 Pojo

Pojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:37 AM

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B0002L5R78

Got these cables from Amazon. Were like $1 cheaper than everything else on monoprice...at the cost of super slow shipping. Wish I would have checked here first, heh.
Posted Image

#129 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:32 AM

Just placed my order. 360 VGA Cables and an audio adapter. $13 shipped. Best deal I've seen.

#130 fraggedbylaggers

fraggedbylaggers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

For about 30 shipped I got
4 six foot hdmi
3 six foot component'
Wii component cable
6 foot cable to connect my macbook pro to my hdtv via dvi.
Posted Image

#131 keefurxxcore

keefurxxcore

I don't giva _______!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:24 AM

Anyone know the name of the blue cable that plugs into computer moniters?

PM me, thanks!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#132 hec204

hec204

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:55 AM

Anyone know the name of the blue cable that plugs into computer moniters?

PM me, thanks!

VGA

#133 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:40 PM

i'll give my thumbs up here too... got a bunch of cables, including a HDMI to DVI cable, three component cables, some optical cables all for under $25 shipped...
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#134 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:03 PM

Just ordered a set of HDMI/optical for my PS3. Came to like $10.00 shipped.

#135 Trendy2

Trendy2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:49 PM

I've used Monoprice for a couple years now, fantastic prices.
Just ordered all the necessary parts to wire my home with Cat6 ethernet jacks and put some proper wall plates up - total cost was under $30.00.

#136 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:01 AM

The optical cable that they sent to me doesn't work, I hooked up my PS3 to it and it made a horrible static noise. I then connected it to the 360 and now there's no sound at all.

I'll call them today, hopefully they will just send me a replacement since I have to unplug/replug the one cable I have to hook up either the 360/PS3.

#137 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:05 AM

I contacted Mono Price and they sent me a replacement the same day I called.

#138 M-PG71C

M-PG71C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:41 AM

Cool site, but I have a question. PS3 uses HDMI but damn, which kind? I went through the site and ended up being confused. I've never seen so many options.

Which one should I buy? :P
Posted Image

#139 Aleryn

Aleryn

CheapassSinceGradeSchool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:03 AM

I may have already posted here, but I've spent well over a $100 on that site and I cannot recommend it enough. The quality of their cables is just exceptional. I think I have just about everything wired with cables from monoprice.com, now.

#140 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:38 AM

Cool site, but I have a question. PS3 uses HDMI but damn, which kind? I went through the site and ended up being confused. I've never seen so many options.

Which one should I buy? :P

HDMI 1.3a cable.

A blue one is on sale today (http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2)

#141 jonac13

jonac13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:45 AM

The best part is that even though it's hit and miss as far as quality is concerned, they are awesome about customer service because they do such high volume. I love it.
Posted Image

#142 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:59 AM

Only problem I've had is with their optical cables, they sent me a broken one and then the replacement was broken also.

I need to call them tomorrow and have them send me another.

#143 jbroush99

jbroush99

Old Tickle Feathers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:14 AM

I ordered a component cable for my Wii a few weeks ago and paid a little over $7 with shipping. I got an email with tracking info within 10 minutes of placing my order and it arrived in 3 days (Cali to WI). I'm glad I saw this thread. Thanks OP!

#144 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:55 PM

Only problem I've had is with their optical cables, they sent me a broken one and then the replacement was broken also.

I need to call them tomorrow and have them send me another.

Hmm...well at least they're responsive so far about replacing them!

#145 Unwind23

Unwind23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:18 PM

Just ordered component cables for my Wii -- under 8 bucks, shipped. Got an email confirmation in under 20 seconds after my order was completed. Very impressed.

#146 baddriver

baddriver

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:12 PM

Monoprice is great.

I saw this thread after I ordered 2x 100ft spools of 12 AWG speaker cable from Monoprice for a home theater setup. The cable conductor is nice and thick like it's supposed to be (some cheap cable will have a thick jacket surrounding smaller conductors) , each spool was a single 100ft length as advertised ( some people will sell you a spool that's segmented and not a contiguous wire run). Both conducters in the wire were untinned copper, which to me is a plus) I searched retailers and etailers, and Monoprice's offerings on speaker wire were the best deals I was able to find.

#147 Ser1alman

Ser1alman

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:15 PM

Just placed my order. 360 VGA Cables and an audio adapter. $13 shipped. Best deal I've seen.

hope you ordered the double ended female connector.. so you can hook it up to the monitor....

http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2

#148 Cuz

Cuz

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:47 PM

Agreed. I bought 40', 10', & 6' HDMI cables plus 2 HDMI wall plates. Heavy gauge, high quality stuff. All for ~$83 shipped. This would have cost ~$400 elsewhere.

#149 nflsonic

nflsonic

Your Title is Not Enough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:09 PM

Just ordered 3 HDMI Cables from them today due to the overwhelming positive response for this merchant.

I hope these turn out better than the $5 HDMI cable I bought off someone on Amazon and stopped working a few days after...

milesbanner.jpg

Currently Playing:
:ps4: BF4, inFamous: SS   :ps3:: The Last of Us |  :pc:: Starcraft 2 | :3ds:: Pokemon Y | :vita:: Tearaway |  :wiiu:: Zelda: WWHD 

#150 WatchdogXC

WatchdogXC

Old School Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:08 AM

I've got nothing but good things to say about the 2 orders I've made from monoprice. Both came quicker than they were supposed to. The first order I got 3 HDMI cables at $2.86 a piece along with some Wii component cables, 2 optical toslink cables, a regular component cable, and a DVI to HDMI adaptor. The 2nd order I got a 25' coax cable and splitter. These 2 orders combined were like $40 or less I think.