Monoprice.com - Need HDMI, Optical Audio, Component, or Other Cables, Get Them Here

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I know a lot of you are probably aware of this place, but I just thought I would post this since I did not find a topic.

monoprice.com has long been known as the cheapest place to buy USB, Network, HDMI, and many other cables, period.

Their service is excellent as well.

Our business just ordered another round of Network and USB cables and saved close to $1000 compared to retail stores like Best Buy, etc.

We have had Network cables from monoprice throughout our building for a few years and have had NO ISSUES at all. Most of the cables in my home (S-Video, HDMI, USB, CAT5e, etc. are also from monoprice and they have been perfect.

The Quality of the cables I have bought has been as good or in many cases, much better than more expensive cables elsewhere.

I know there are other online retailers like Firefold that sell for similar prices, but I have not found their service to be near as good as monoprice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Second monoprice.com Recommended above all others. Every time someone asks about cables, someone responds monoprice.com, but you're right, I don't remember seeing a standalone topic.

Most of my gaming & entertainment stuff is hooked together with Monoprice.com cables, and I buy them for work needs as well.

Highly recommended.

Wanted to throw in my recommendation as well (as if they needed more). Their A/V cables are very high quality for the prices they're asking. Definitely the first place I look for any cables, converters, etc.

Another positive recommendation here. I've bought a powered component cable switcher and several HDMI, component, and USB cables from them. Incredible prices and great service.

Another positive for me here too.

This company is very smart. They know that by providing excellent prices and customer service will bring in tons of word of mouth customers. :)

I've gotten HDMI, component and Toslink cables from 'em and love 'em. Their banana plugs are pretty sweet too (and inexpensive to boot).

If you need banana plugs I'd suggest getting the "solder type" - you can just screw one end off, put your speaker wire in and screw the top right back on...no soldering gun needed.

I've gotten HDMI, HDMI/DVI, and Toslink cables from them and found them to be extremely well made. The service is fast and courteous and you simply will not beat their prices. What Monster Cable and others of its ilk perpetrate is a crime.

I got my HDMI cables for my PS3 through monoprice. two thumbs WAYYYY up! Excellent service, DIRT CHEAP, and the highest quality for your money.

Just ordered an HDMI cable for my Comcast HD box - $18.xx shipped is sweet, plus I feel good about helping Cheapy by using the link posted. Thanks OP!

Have been looking around for some cheap HDMI cables..how could I pass this place after all the good reviews! Thanks, I just spent $23 on 2!!

I can't seem to find an XBOX 360 VGA cable on monoprice.com? Do I just have poor search skills, or don't they carry them?

I reccomend monoprice all the time to friends. They are skeptical at first, because the prices are so low compared to most electronic store cables. But after explaining the markup on cables, and telling them to do some searching on the internet in the audio/video forums, they usually come around.

[quote name='macman16']I can't seem to find an XBOX 360 VGA cable on monoprice.com? Do I just have poor search skills, or don't they carry them?[/quote]

Sorry. I don't believe they carry gaming cables (i.e., cables that include a proprietary connector for a console).

[quote name='Chacrana']There is literally nothing bad that can be said about monoprice.[/QUOTE]

They switched the position of the green and blue cables on my component cables.:p

[quote name='devildr1ver']you might want to checkout playasia for cheap vga cables[/QUOTE]

OR MERITLINE.COM? i think they have them.

[quote name='Hockey37']http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10830&cs_id=1083001&p_id=3566&seq=1&format=2

Wii component cables, 3rd party. Didn't bother checking for the 360 VGA, or any other console cables, for that matter.

I was a bit surprised when I first saw mention of these on Monoprice.[/quote]

I stand corrected. And they do have a 360 component cable:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10830&cs_id=1083005&p_id=3511&seq=1&format=2&style=

But looks like no VGA.

my directv receiver (h20-100) just received the latest software update (yea!). so,while i was in big lots (store) i found an hdmi to hdmi (male to male) cable for twelve bucks (triquest brand) and decided if to try it out to see if hdmi finally worked,it did. so,my question is: is there a cheaper and better quality hdmi to hdmi cable available from monoprice that anyone can recommend?

This place is awesome. I have been buying cables from them for months. Also, one of the Wii component cables came broken, and they sent me a new one free of charge.

[quote name='trashsurfr']my directv receiver (h20-100) just received the latest software update (yea!). so,while i was in big lots (store) i found an hdmi to hdmi (male to male) cable for twelve bucks (triquest brand) and decided if to try it out to see if hdmi finally worked,it did. so,my question is: is there a cheaper and better quality hdmi to hdmi cable available from monoprice that anyone can recommend?[/QUOTE]

Quality between cables is negligible. I haven't noticed any difference between the monster cables I was using before or a monoprice cable on my Philips 720p / 1080i or the SHARP 1080p. I sold all of my old monster cables after I started buying at monoprice. I guess if you are a freak and can notice those type of things there might be a difference. Just get the cheapest cable you can from monoprice at the proper length, and you will probably be ok.

Yikes. They're running a 9.79 on Reseller Ratings!

Okay, I guess next time I need cables I'll give them a try.

Do their cables have lead in them? A lot of cables I see at Best Buy have to carry warnings about washing your hands, etc. because of the lead in them.

And anyone know if those HDMI switches work? I see they've got a $20 two port manual switch, which theoretically would be perfect for me if/when I end up with both a Playstation 3 and 360.

[quote name='opportunity777']Quality between cables is negligible. I haven't noticed any difference between the monster cables I was using before or a monoprice cable on my Philips 720p / 1080i or the SHARP 1080p. I sold all of my old monster cables after I started buying at monoprice. I guess if you are a freak and can notice those type of things there might be a difference. Just get the cheapest cable you can from monoprice at the proper length, and you will probably be ok.[/QUOTE]

yeah,thats how i feel too. its just that awhile back i thought i noticed a post for hdmi cables from monoprice for around 3-4 bucks shipped. the cheapest i could i find was around 8 bucks plus shipping on the site. i think i will hold onto to the cheapies from big lots since they are getting the job done. with that said,if you can't find cheap cables in-store,then monoprice is the way to go.

I got the wii component cables and HDMI for PS3; the geek in me couldn't hold out, so I had them overnight-ed. All for under $18. Great.F'n.Deal.

I bought wii cables from them for 9 $ shipped... and they arrived in decent time and working order... however there are like visible (slightly) waves that move from bottom to top accross my tv... is that the wii or the HD cables? did I get bad cables or does the wii just project shitty 480p?

has anyone else experienced this (easy to see when screen is dark)? and if it is just my cables, what is monoprices deal on returns? I've had them for like 2 weeks...

Well, it could be your TV, or your Wii, but I'd bet it's the cable. The Wii's output is clean (low resolution of course, but clean).

That's why I'm scared to try cheap cables-or anything really besides first party stuff. First party stuff works at least.

[quote name='triplehelix']I bought wii cables from them for 9 $ shipped... and they arrived in decent time and working order... however there are like visible (slightly) waves that move from bottom to top accross my tv... is that the wii or the HD cables? did I get bad cables or does the wii just project shitty 480p?

has anyone else experienced this (easy to see when screen is dark)? and if it is just my cables, what is monoprices deal on returns? I've had them for like 2 weeks...[/QUOTE]

The only way to really find out is try them on another TV. I would think it's the TV because I had a similar problem with XBOX 360 1st party component cables on my brother-in-laws RCA, but it works just fine on both my TVs.

[quote name='triplehelix']I bought wii cables from them for 9 $ shipped... and they arrived in decent time and working order... however there are like visible (slightly) waves that move from bottom to top accross my tv... is that the wii or the HD cables? did I get bad cables or does the wii just project shitty 480p?

has anyone else experienced this (easy to see when screen is dark)? and if it is just my cables, what is monoprices deal on returns? I've had them for like 2 weeks...[/QUOTE]

I had a similar issue with composite cables from my GC. Turns out it was the INPUT on the TV. All the other inputs looked fine except the one I was using.

So try another input on the TV if you have one.

Are you using a Switchbox of some kind? If so, take that out of the mix as well.

no switchbox... it's plugged directly into the back of the tv (only component inputs, small lcd tv)... my dad has a big screen hd tv i can test it on, but i'm too lazy to go unplug his hd stuff for my wii. I hope its not the tv, all other imputs are perfect just the component is a little shaky which made me think maybe its the cables.

I'm moving into the dorms next week and i'm sure someone else will have an hdtv that i can test my cables on. I just couldn't make myself pay $35 for first party cables when monoprice had them for under 10 shipped.

thanks for the help

bread's done
Back