Photo
- - - - -

Monoprice.com - Need HDMI, Optical Audio, Component, or Other Cables, Get Them Here

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#181 xrayzwei

xrayzwei

is ready to believe you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:46 PM

I'm curious about how buying something at monoprice is elitism? It's not like I recommended going to monster cable's direct order website. My snark was only pointing out that monoprice has plenty of cables at low prices, and I've never had a problem. It was a valid recommendation.

As for the prices at Amazon, yes they're low, but they are offered from a number of different resellers. When I buy at monoprice, it's always from the same source. I'm thinking if I need customer service, monoprice is a safer bet.

Edited by xrayzwei, 27 January 2009 - 07:47 PM.
grammmmmmmmor

#182 klwillis45

klwillis45

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:05 PM

How much is the standard shipping at monoprice.com?

YMMV. They don't rape you on shipping like most places, so it's dependent on the size/weight of what you are buying. They basically charge what it actually costs to package & ship, a novel concept.
Posted Image

#183 Redeema

Redeema

Refuses to pay full price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

Anyone have any experience with their in-wall/in-ceiling speakers? The price is pretty hot for something that I'd be using as rear surrounds anyway and they probably doesn't need to be super high-end, though, it would help. I'd be interested in picking some up as they've gotten decent reviews on the site, but I wanted to know if anyone had first hand experience with them. Thanks.

Now playing: Gears of War: Judgment, Fire Emblem

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#184 Watchman

Watchman

BC2 Medic/God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

Thank you.

This MonoPrice elitism is out of control.

MonoPrice's price's are not nearly as good as Amazons, or at times other sites as well.

My cord from Monoprice only works on my 360, not my PS3.
I got a $2 cord from Amazon that runs both perfectly.

Don't fall for MonoPrice hype until you've searched better sites 1st.

I'd like to know where these "better sites" are-- because given their ridiculously low prices and shipping rates, same-day order-and-mail, quality product and exemplary customer service, I just don't see this being possible.

Frankly, I'd pay one dollar more through them than try to nickel and dime myself from some unknown buyer off of Amazon that will probably ship whenever they get around to it the next day.
Monoprice is exactly the kind of company you can rely on for low prices and great customer relations-- so forgive me if you think I'm being "elitist".
"Ohh! Kitty got wet!" --Nathan Drake, Uncharted 2

#185 rumarudrathas

rumarudrathas

Oderint Dum Metuant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

Thank you.
(...)My cord from Monoprice only works on my 360, not my PS3.

Ever consider contacting Monoprice and having them refund the money?

For me, no complaints on Monoprice, having bought an HDMI cable for my ps3, a Sansa MP3 docking/charging, and I'm about to place an order for a long VGA cable and a powered VGA splitter. It's cheaper than b&m retailers, and I dont like the idea mining for a cheaper price, usually found on some shady looking website, and having some unreliable service from them.

I bought a textbook on the cheap from a referred site from Amazon. I spent $10 shipped, when the book costs $90 in my local college bookstore. I ended up buying the $90 book because the online retailer took 7 weeks to get that book to me.

I'm not an elistist, because if I were, I'd be blowing my money on MonsterCables. I just like the service that I get from monoprice, and if that means I have to spend the extra $1-$3 dollar premium to get it on HDMI, then so be it.

#186 Wits

Wits

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:26 PM

Thank you.

This MonoPrice elitism is out of control.

MonoPrice's price's are not nearly as good as Amazons, or at times other sites as well.

My cord from Monoprice only works on my 360, not my PS3.

What 'cord' are you talking about? HDMI cable I would presume, but I never like to have to guess at anything, especially things that people are saying they are having problems.

Why exactly doesn't it work on your PS3? Does it not fit in the socket? Does it fit in the socket, but not pass any signal?

I'm using MonoPrice's HDMI 1.3a Category 2 certified 28AWG ferrite core cables for all of my HDMI connections, and have had no problems whatsoever.

But I don't see how you can legitimately say that MonoPrice is spreading 'hype', or that there are 'better sites'; especially since you apparently haven't even given them a chance to send you a replacement cable for the defective one.

And as stated above, if you have a problem with their products, I'm sure they will stand behind it and replace it if you would contact them and give them a chance.

Fight my Brute at: http://beta-unit.mybrute.com

#187 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:53 PM

I went to Radio Shack hoping to pick up some replacement cables for cheap. I walked in, laughed, left, came home, and ordered them off Monoprice. I got them really quickly too. LOVE this place.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#188 GrilledWitOnions

GrilledWitOnions

Thrillhouse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:58 PM

I went to Radio Shack hoping to pick up some replacement cables for cheap. I walked in, laughed, left, came home, and ordered them off Monoprice. I got them really quickly too. LOVE this place.

I recently got a 360 and needed another HDMI cable. Since the last one I bought was way too long (15 ft), I bought a second to replace my original, and then threw in some other stuff cause it was so cheap and shipping didn't change much cause of it.
2x 6' HDMI Cables
2x Ethernet Cables
1x DVI=>HDMI adapter

For $20 I got a bunch of stuff I've needed for a while, and it took only a couple days to get to me. I love Monoprice.
Also why is it that when i click the "Diablo" picture, i get sent to pc games without the Diablo and even when i searched for Diablo, i get no results.
Oh boy...You said there was going to be Diablo op. Where is my Diablo? I dont see Diablo. You promised me Diablo.

#189 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:12 PM

Yeah, shortly after I got my stuff I realized I needed some other stuff and I didn't have a problem buying again since it was so damn dirt cheap.

Trade List

#190 GalvatronType_R

GalvatronType_R

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:24 PM

Monoprice is awesome, probably the best online retailer I've ever dealt with. Sure, there are sites with cheaper by $1-$2 cables but here is why I go with Monoprice every time:

-consistent quality that 3rd party resellers can't offer
-fast shipping
-Monoprice has earned my loyalty, therefore, I don't mind paying a bit extra to reward them for their excellent service

Lastly, three words for that "Monoprice elitism" guy: MONSTER CABLE PLANT!!

657041.png

#191 decrot

decrot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

Monoprice is awesome, probably the best online retailer I've ever dealt with. Sure, there are sites with cheaper by $1-$2 cables but here is why I go with Monoprice every time:

-consistent quality that 3rd party resellers can't offer
-fast shipping
-Monoprice has earned my loyalty, therefore, I don't mind paying a bit extra to reward them for their excellent service

Lastly, three words for that "Monoprice elitism" guy: MONSTER CABLE PLANT!!

a bit extra? that stuff is dirt cheap.

Why do people pay crazy ass prices for those "top" quality cables? do they make that much of a difference?

I'm not one of those video snobs, so i honestly don't know
SSBB: 0001-2984-4776/ Decrt
MKWii: 1418-7101-3060

#192 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:55 PM

I pretty much echo these statements, monoprice is the best for cables! People pay the inflated prices of monster or others because they "just don't know".
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#193 GrilledWitOnions

GrilledWitOnions

Thrillhouse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:15 PM

a bit extra? that stuff is dirt cheap.

Why do people pay crazy ass prices for those "top" quality cables? do they make that much of a difference?

I'm not one of those video snobs, so i honestly don't know

They don't make a difference if it's HDMI. Not any difference at all.
Also why is it that when i click the "Diablo" picture, i get sent to pc games without the Diablo and even when i searched for Diablo, i get no results.
Oh boy...You said there was going to be Diablo op. Where is my Diablo? I dont see Diablo. You promised me Diablo.

#194 decrot

decrot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

They don't make a difference if it's HDMI. Not any difference at all.

They got cables for $150+
I know that the price isn't justified
but youre telling me no difference at all?
SSBB: 0001-2984-4776/ Decrt
MKWii: 1418-7101-3060

#195 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:00 PM

1.95 + shipping for a purple 6ft HDMI 1.3 cable is the deal of the day. Picked up 3.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#196 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

None and you shouldn't even be worrying about it.

Edited by opportunity777, 23 May 2009 - 09:32 PM.

#197 GrilledWitOnions

GrilledWitOnions

Thrillhouse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

The only difference might be in the weight of the cable - I hear Monster cables are very thick and heavy (probably mostly to give the appearance of being very 'solid') - I have heard that this extra weight is often detrimental since it makes connecting it harder to do. Other than that, a digital signal is the same no matter what - either it's received or it's not.

#198 BuckinKaeding

BuckinKaeding

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

Every time I need to buy an HDMI cable, which seems to occur more often than it should, I use monoprice.com.

Also, instead of buying 1, I usually order 3 to save on shipping. I don't use all of them myself, but friends need them, and I charge them $5 for them and somehow make a profit.

Monoprice is definitely the way to go.
ADDICTED TO SERIAL DRAMAS!

#199 GrilledWitOnions

GrilledWitOnions

Thrillhouse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

Also, instead of buying 1, I usually order 3 to save on shipping.

That's what I do too. I'm currently trying to fix my brothers computer (needed a new PSU), and it has only VGA out - well I've been running DVI for quite a while and had no VGA cable. So I dropped by Monoprice and bought a vga cable, another dvi cable, a vga=>dvi adapter, some ethernet cables and some usb cables. I'm always needing something like that, so it's best to just throw em in the order - they're really cheap on everything.

#200 ap86

ap86

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:02 PM

its nice to know that alot of customers are pleased with monoprice. I've been working there for sometime now and i have to say the push us to get all those orders out (THE SAME DAY LOL)

#201 JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama

VICTORY!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:58 AM

The HDMI cable I ordered has so far been great. I was having issues with my PS3 where there would be static and crackling pop noises from the video, but ever since I replaced the cable there's been no issues whatsoever.

#202 mechachrome

mechachrome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:06 AM

I ordered a number of different cables from them recently, and I was quite happy. I'd recommend them.
Posted Image

#203 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:14 AM

The HDMI cable I ordered has so far been great. I was having issues with my PS3 where there would be static and crackling pop noises from the video, but ever since I replaced the cable there's been no issues whatsoever.

Only really shitty or exceptionally long low-quality (30 m) HDMI cables cause the snowy and static problems. Where did you get your first cable from?

#204 Xealot42

Xealot42

Psi-Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

I recently picked up a PS3 and I ordered all of the cables I needed from Monoprice. I got a 6 ft. HDMI cable, 6 ft. Toslink cable, 25 ft. CAT6 cable, and 10 ft. USB extension cable for $13 + shipping.

The shipping was fast and the cables work great. I will definitely be going with Monoprice for all of my future cabling needs.

#205 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:36 PM

I've ordered all of the following types of cables from them:

HDMI cables
RCA component cable
RCA composite cables
S-Video cables
TOSLink optical cables
Speaker wire
Banana plugs for speaker wire
USB cables
Ethernet cables
USB extension cables
AC power cables
AC power extension cables

All of them have been solid cables with no issues at all. Shipping has always been reasonably priced and quick. I've been buying from them for years and will keep doing so for years more.

#206 kinga

kinga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:38 PM

Does anyone know the best HDMI Cable for a Panasonic 720 Plasma for a PS3 or is the system the best?
Posted Image

#207 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:52 PM

Does anyone know the best HDMI Cable for a Panasonic 720 Plasma for a PS3 or is the system the best?

HDMI cables are Digital, you either get the signal or you dont.....stay away from Monster, unless you like paying a premium for the name :)
Posted Image

#208 kinga

kinga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:43 PM

Call me crazy but I thought some are better then others?
Posted Image

#209 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:50 PM

That's why I love the 10ft. cables I got for $4 and $1 from Fry's funny since they were pushing the overpriced ones out in the open while the ones I got were in the back with the generic "cables" section.

Trade List

#210 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:44 PM

I got myself another seven 6' hdmi cables for about 5.29 a piece with 2 day shipping. i've always been happy with monoprice.