Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy - $15 PSP games, $10 w/ Gamepro coupon - Daxter, Syphon Filter, SOCOM:FTB...

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 icruise

icruise

CAG Since Atari 2600

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:52 PM

I would say 80% platformer and 20% RPG. Basically, it's an action game, but you do have to go around and talk to people to advance the story, and you can upgrade your weapons/abilities. But it's really not much of an RPG.

#32 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

That's a good ratio to prompt a purchase. I'll finally get to use my GGC if BB has the new lower price.

#33 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:23 PM

No, you should get it because it's a great game.

Well I've heard good things, but I don't have a PSP. I didn't know if it were out of print.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#34 icruise

icruise

CAG Since Atari 2600

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:18 PM

It'll probably go out of print fairly soon, but of course there is always the secondary market. It won't be as common as many PSP games, but I don't think it'll be impossible to find or anything. Speaking of which, are there any PSP games that can legitimately be called "rare?"

#35 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:24 PM

That's a good ratio to prompt a purchase. I'll finally get to use my GGC if BB has the new lower price.

It should be at all BB's nationwide. That's been my experience when I ask a CSR to look up other store's stock.

#36 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:40 PM

It'll probably go out of print fairly soon, but of course there is always the secondary market. It won't be as common as many PSP games, but I don't think it'll be impossible to find or anything. Speaking of which, are there any PSP games that can legitimately be called "rare?"

Probably Monster Kingdom if they decide not to reprint.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#37 expane

expane

Tappin out posers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:16 PM

Snagged the last Syphon Filter at my BB for $10 and change after using the Gamepro coupon. I was a little worried when the girl scanned the coupon first, then the game and an 'approval needed' screen came up. But the manager didn't even blink an eye when she came over and did her thing.

thats a "verify if 18+" because of Syphon Filter's rating.

Same thing happened to me and the kid actually carded me, even tho I am biologically old enough to be his dad
Posted Image

#38 pentapenguin

pentapenguin

The Penguinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:24 AM

Daxter sounds good. Thanks!
-pentapenguin

#39 Apostle22

Apostle22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:07 AM

so everyones experience with the coupon scan has been good? I want to pick up a couple of games here...

#40 Calico

Calico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:48 AM

so everyones experience with the coupon scan has been good? I want to pick up a couple of games here...

I was able to use the printed coupon, and since my printer was acting up it was all in green. No problems.

#41 Tengaport

Tengaport

Cover your heart Indy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:42 PM

I'm confused here (and possibly too late) are the games marked at all? I stopped by my Best Buy a few days ago and Socom FTB was still full price :(

#42 Kfoster1979

Kfoster1979

Fanboys Suck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:20 PM

I'm confused here (and possibly too late) are the games marked at all? I stopped by my Best Buy a few days ago and Socom FTB was still full price :(

They were on sale lastweek for 14.99 then take the 5.00 for the coupon.

[B]3DS FC 1977-0174-5552
Follow me on Twitter
Posted Image

#43 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:00 PM

Crap. I thought this was a BB overall price drop and not an unannounced temporary sale. IArgh, I hate myself for not getting the game when I was there Sun. thinking I'd pick up the magazine and head back later this week.

Is this confirmed dead, dead now? How fucked is that doing a hidden sale then?

#44 icruise

icruise

CAG Since Atari 2600

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:00 PM

I was just at Best Buy and it looked to me that the games mentioned in this thread were still on sale. it could be that the stickers just hadn't been updated. I also noticed that Cars for the PSP was on sale for $14.99 ($9.99 after coupon) and I'm sure it wasn't like that last week. I didn't have any PSP coupons with me, but I'm considering going back to get it.

#45 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:06 PM

I haven't been to Best Buy in a while, so I have to rely on the responses to this thread for the current status of this deal. I will assume this is still active until it's confirmed otherwise.

#46 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:11 PM

Phew, that's somewhat reassuring icruise. I'm gonna stop by tomorrow and see what the deal is. The white title cards had the lower prices stuck on them so that's why I figured it was permanent.

#47 io

io

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:18 PM

Well, damn, it seems like everyone else has no problems with the GamePro coupon copies. I went to a Best Buy the other day and they told me they were told from from on high not to accept them any more - in fact, they got in trouble for accepting them before. I figured it was a proclamation from corporate and they'd be cracking down on these at all stores. Perhaps it is just a local thing though... Sucks in any case...

#48 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:20 PM

Saw Daxter and Syphon Filter at BB in Irvine, CA on Sunday for 14.99

Purchased Daxter today at BB in Oceanside, CA. Regular price was 14.99.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#49 Kfoster1979

Kfoster1979

Fanboys Suck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:24 PM

Well the site is still showing 14.99 on Socom and Midnight Club

[B]3DS FC 1977-0174-5552
Follow me on Twitter
Posted Image

#50 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:26 PM

I've never tried using a printed one for fear of a humiliating rejection at the register. I refuse to put my self in emotional harm's way.

Besides, you guys should at least buy one magazine and use a legit coupon so BB doesn't completely yoink these promotions from future issues. I plan on getting a subscription and would prefer it not be ruined soon after. Thanks.

#51 lunker

lunker

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:45 PM

Used the deal to get Hot Shots for $10. Thanks again, CAG, for helping me pile more games onto my growing backlog!

#52 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:36 AM

Used the deal to get Hot Shots for $10. Thanks again, CAG, for helping me pile more games onto my growing backlog!

Tell me about it! I have 20+ brand new PSP games and 5 UMDs, and only paid more than $10 + tax for one game (Y's Ark, $13.98). Best part? I don't even own a PSP yet :lol:

#53 RustyOrgan

RustyOrgan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:06 PM

Picked up Wipeout Pure (PSP), Syphon Filter (PSP) for $10 ea.
Harvest Moon (NDS) for $5..
Thanks!

#54 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:49 PM

Thanks, I picked up Wipeout Pure for $10. I've been waiting on that game forever. Have most of the others.

Is the DL content for Wipeout still available?

decker%2001.jpg

#55 spiderdog

spiderdog

$59.99 for a Game no Way!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:40 PM

I picked up Daxter and Syphon Filter!!

Thanks Op
Posted Image

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← →B A
PSN=spiderdog
XBL=Spiderdogg

#56 lunker

lunker

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:55 PM

Thanks, I picked up Wipeout Pure for $10. I've been waiting on that game forever. Have most of the others.

Is the DL content for Wipeout still available?

Yes, although the Web site via the in-game browser is really finicky sometimes. I was able to get most of it, but not all -- I believe there's also a separate site you can visit and download the packs from, and then transfer them to your memory stick, but I don't recall it offhand.

#57 highwaypatrolman

highwaypatrolman

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:59 PM

picked up daxter for $10. thanks, op.
Posted Image

#58 MICHAE2414

MICHAE2414

We'll get there soon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2007 - 02:50 AM

Just got back from the Sunnyvale, CA BB (El Camino Real) with Daxter and Syphon Filter: DM for $10 apiece; should be a couple of each left. Coupons worked without any problems for me. Thanks OP!
Posted Image

#59 Scholarly_Sam

Scholarly_Sam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:27 AM

I picked up Smackdown! vs. Raw 2006 using a $5 coupon I already had. It came out to be less than $10. The game was like $14.24 regularly.