Best Buy - $15 PSP games, $10 w/ Gamepro coupon - Daxter, Syphon Filter, SOCOM:FTB...

waxHead

CAGiversary!
Feedback
57 (100%)
Seems like this deal should be more known, so I'm cleaning up the previous thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137927

Right now at Best Buy, there are quite a few PSP games on sale for $15. Using the current Gamepro coupon brings these down to $10 each. The games listed below are all GH (either stickered, or actual GH games), but NOT ALL GH games are on sale.

Sale games ($15 before coupon):

Daxter
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Wipeout Pure

GH games NOT on sale:

Burnout Legends
Need For Speed Most Wanted 5-1-0

Please post other sale games here, I'll do my best to keep this post updated.

Gamepro coupon thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136399

I wish I would have looked closer at my local store last night. Grr.

Oh, well. Maybe later in the week.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']I might get Socom now its the right price or maybe Daxter.[/quote]

Get em both ;) I bought all four games in the same trip, the same cashier had no problem with me using four coupons.

Well to anyone looking for a recomendation, I highly suggest getting Burnout legends and daxter for those prices (bought at full...and were worth it!)

I'll have to stop by tomorrow.

Is this one of those "on sale but damn near impossible to find" best buy sales?

[quote name='Apossum']Is this one of those "on sale but damn near impossible to find" best buy sales?[/quote]

Don't think so. My BB had a ton of the PSP GHs.

I don't think this is a sale. On the web site, and in store, it looks like a "normal" price, there is no indication that it is a "sale" price.

No dice on Syphon Filter at my local BB however I was able to score a Gurumin PSP for $15 ($19.99 - $5 GGC) so all was not in vain.

[quote name='rickeeretardo']i've been looking for syphon filter for so long, yet no BB in the riverside, ca area has it. dammit.[/quote]

Have you checked your local Walmart? I know a few of the local ones in this area have several copies each for $19.82.

[quote name='rickeeretardo']i've been looking for syphon filter for so long, yet no BB in the riverside, ca area has it. dammit.[/QUOTE]

I thought the Bay Area was bad. Two BBs I went to had all of the good titles restocked. Picked up SOCOM. Have everything else I was looking for from past deals.

I also saw Gurumin for $20 before coupon which was very suprising (unsold stock?). I'm probably about halfway through. It's a fun one so far.

I just got Syphon Filter : Dark Mirror at the Sunnyvale, CA Bestbuy. There were two more if anyone in the area is looking for it.

I like the way they did the greatest hits on this one. They didn't alter the box art or anything, outside of the plastic wrap they just put a sticker saying that it is a greatest hits. Once I open the plastic wrap it no longer will look like a greatest hits. :)

Not that I'm usually picky about it, but pleasant surprise

[quote name='Calico']I just got Syphon Filter : Dark Mirror at the Sunnyvale, CA Bestbuy. There were two more if anyone in the area is looking for it.

I like the way they did the greatest hits on this one. They didn't alter the box art or anything, outside of the plastic wrap they just put a sticker saying that it is a greatest hits. Once I open the plastic wrap it no longer will look like a greatest hits. :)

Not that I'm usually picky about it, but pleasant surprise[/QUOTE]

Whenever SONY cleanout they inventory you'll see the real Ugly GH version. For now you easy find Orginal version w/ GH Sticker on it.

Syphon Filter was great; I rented it, decided not to keep it, but at $10 it's well, well worth it, so maybe I should go get it. :) There are a few still available at the Fifth Ave. Midtown NYC BB, if I'm remembering right.

I might go by to finally buy Hot Shots for $10 ... I've been holding off for so long, but I'm getting a bit bored with Tiger '07 and I've heard nothing but love for it. I have so many new games recently, and I really shouldn't -- but the price is too good, and I guess that's the hallmark of a real Cheapass, eh? :lol:

Snagged the last Syphon Filter at my BB for $10 and change after using the Gamepro coupon. I was a little worried when the girl scanned the coupon first, then the game and an 'approval needed' screen came up. But the manager didn't even blink an eye when she came over and did her thing.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Should I get Gurumin as a collector kind of thing?[/QUOTE]
No, you should get it because it's a great game.

What's a rough estimate percentage wise on Gurumin being more RPG or platformer? Never been into rpgs. No offense.

I would say 80% platformer and 20% RPG. Basically, it's an action game, but you do have to go around and talk to people to advance the story, and you can upgrade your weapons/abilities. But it's really not much of an RPG.

That's a good ratio to prompt a purchase. I'll finally get to use my GGC if BB has the new lower price.

[quote name='icruise']No, you should get it because it's a great game.[/QUOTE]
Well I've heard good things, but I don't have a PSP. I didn't know if it were out of print.

It'll probably go out of print fairly soon, but of course there is always the secondary market. It won't be as common as many PSP games, but I don't think it'll be impossible to find or anything. Speaking of which, are there any PSP games that can legitimately be called "rare?"

[quote name='Hibiwa']That's a good ratio to prompt a purchase. I'll finally get to use my GGC if BB has the new lower price.[/QUOTE]

It should be at all BB's nationwide. That's been my experience when I ask a CSR to look up other store's stock.

[quote name='icruise']It'll probably go out of print fairly soon, but of course there is always the secondary market. It won't be as common as many PSP games, but I don't think it'll be impossible to find or anything. Speaking of which, are there any PSP games that can legitimately be called "rare?"[/QUOTE]
Probably Monster Kingdom if they decide not to reprint.

[quote name='lawdood']Snagged the last Syphon Filter at my BB for $10 and change after using the Gamepro coupon. I was a little worried when the girl scanned the coupon first, then the game and an 'approval needed' screen came up. But the manager didn't even blink an eye when she came over and did her thing.[/QUOTE]

thats a "verify if 18+" because of Syphon Filter's rating.

Same thing happened to me and the kid actually carded me, even tho I am biologically old enough to be his dad

[quote name='Apostle22']so everyones experience with the coupon scan has been good? I want to pick up a couple of games here...[/QUOTE]

I was able to use the printed coupon, and since my printer was acting up it was all in green. No problems.

I'm confused here (and possibly too late) are the games marked at all? I stopped by my Best Buy a few days ago and Socom FTB was still full price :(

[quote name='Tengaport']I'm confused here (and possibly too late) are the games marked at all? I stopped by my Best Buy a few days ago and Socom FTB was still full price :([/quote]

They were on sale lastweek for 14.99 then take the 5.00 for the coupon.

Crap. I thought this was a BB overall price drop and not an unannounced temporary sale. IArgh, I hate myself for not getting the game when I was there Sun. thinking I'd pick up the magazine and head back later this week.

Is this confirmed dead, dead now? How fucked is that doing a hidden sale then?

I was just at Best Buy and it looked to me that the games mentioned in this thread were still on sale. it could be that the stickers just hadn't been updated. I also noticed that Cars for the PSP was on sale for $14.99 ($9.99 after coupon) and I'm sure it wasn't like that last week. I didn't have any PSP coupons with me, but I'm considering going back to get it.

I haven't been to Best Buy in a while, so I have to rely on the responses to this thread for the current status of this deal. I will assume this is still active until it's confirmed otherwise.

Phew, that's somewhat reassuring icruise. I'm gonna stop by tomorrow and see what the deal is. The white title cards had the lower prices stuck on them so that's why I figured it was permanent.

Well, damn, it seems like everyone else has no problems with the GamePro coupon copies. I went to a Best Buy the other day and they told me they were told from from on high not to accept them any more - in fact, they got in trouble for accepting them before. I figured it was a proclamation from corporate and they'd be cracking down on these at all stores. Perhaps it is just a local thing though... Sucks in any case...

Saw Daxter and Syphon Filter at BB in Irvine, CA on Sunday for 14.99

Purchased Daxter today at BB in Oceanside, CA. Regular price was 14.99.

bread's done
Back