Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast Live! Wednesday 6/20, 8pm EST

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#211 weevles

weevles

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:57 AM

3 Suggestions for Improving CAGCast Live!

1) Drop Stickam -- apparently it can't handle the streaming audio and large chat rooms at the same time.

Unless...you can turn off chat in Stickam and have users open some other kind of IM? Anyway, a separate live streaming audio and chat client might be a solution worth considering for now.

2) Screen Callers -- I suggested this before to no response, but I'll make one last ditch pitch if only for the reason that you can straighten out the audio issues on the caller's end prior to letting them "on air". It's better than having to remiind guys to tweak their mics or change stickam settings or whatever.

3) Bring up the call-in/talking points well in advance of air time -- You have maybe an hour of show, so you want callers to be ready with succinct questions or opinions. Judging from the callers so far, most of us can't articulate a coherent sentence, let alone contribute something meaningful/entertaining when put on the spot. So why not remind listeners of what parts of the Cagcast you'll be taking calls or provide hints at what "topics of the week" you'll want feedback on?

Or, as you mentioned before, you could change the format of the CAGbag to include audio versions of the reader questions that you could put in during the show.

As for this week's show, great effort as usual, but I can't comment on how good it was because I couldn't understand what was going on half the time due to the constant lag/stutter that occurred throughout. I'm sure it'll be better in the edited version.

Edit: Agreed w/Buttle; stump the retailer was brilliant! Great idea and very funny/entertaining. Next up: stump the Microsoft Warranty/Repair call center...

#212 buttle

buttle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:58 AM

stump the retailers was awsome. i'd like to see more of that. i was surprised that the retailers did so bad. video game retail is an odd odd business.

i would like to see a lot more talk about the retail business. all of the accessories are crap. made by them and sold by them.
buying and selling used games is out of control.
the employees don't know anything, but want to sell you everything.
there's no way to buy games that are only 5 years old. thank goodness for ebay. that's where i buy half of my games no days.
and nintendo may have lied, but they blaimed retailers for the 250 price point. perhaps it's true.

are they making too much money unnecisarily.

#213 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:07 AM

Just because you aren't into wrestling games doesn't mean everyone hates them. It was a part of my hype wagon because im a HUGE fan and rosters are a MAJOR part of each years wrestling games moreso then the football titles imo. And I did not ask my wife for a tv dinner lol, I asked her for some kraft dinner8-)

Btw, good show tonight guys, the chat was the worst, but I enjoyed the show. I think if you get another site to host it, the lag issues will be gone.

Don't take lspear76 seriously, he's just an idiot.

Anyway, I wasn't able to make it to the live CAGcast but from the feedback that I've read in this thread I guess I didn't miss much. But I'll be waiting for that unedited copy, Cheapy, I want to listen to all the mayhem that took place.

#214 tsg2005

tsg2005

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:17 AM

Don't take lspear76 seriously, he's just an idiot.

ooooooooo that clears things up. i was trying to figure out why this guy in his 30's is making all these negative comments about EVERYTHING.

:imwithst:

#215 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:58 AM

That sucks. Wasn't Thorbahn a mod, too, where was he at?

It'd be nice if we could find out his CAG name and fix that little problem. ;)

I don't know dick about modding on stickam so I have no clue why Cheapy made me one.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#216 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:01 AM

Thorbahn FTW!
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#217 lspear76

lspear76

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:05 PM

I don't know dick about modding on stickam so I have no clue why Cheapy made me one.

Hmmm