12 free tokens at Chuck E Cheese

[quote name='YoshiFan1']http://echo.bluehornet.com/static/chuckecheese/348058/coupon_bonus.htm

(might be a little strange without a kid) [/quote]

A while back a buddy and I tried to go to one without a youngster in tow and were told that we were not welcome. I don't know if this is policy or if we just looked like child molesters. I guess thats why places like Gameworks and Dave and Busters came along to statisfy my need for pizza and video games...now with beer!

That's strange, the rule board at my local one says anyone under 18 cannot enter without a parent/guardian but that was years ago. Maybe they changed it.

A while back a buddy and I tried to go to one without a youngster in tow and were told that we were not welcome. I don't know if this is policy or if we just looked like child molesters. I guess thats why places like Gameworks and Dave and Busters came along to statisfy my need for pizza and video games...now with beer!

You probably looked like child molesters when you made the doorman call you "Big Tymer."
That's strange, the rule board at my local one says anyone under 18 cannot enter without a parent/guardian but that was years ago. Maybe they changed it.
Most Chuck E Cheese's have that rule. But some also have the rule adults can't enter by themselves, because there is a risk they'll leave with someone else's kid.

Thanks, my nieses should like this

Fun Fact: The founder of Atari, Nolan Bushnell, was also the founder of Showtime Pizza, now known as Chuck E Cheeses.

The one near us does have lots of prize games, but still about half of them are video games or ride things.
I don't know about lone adults being able to go in, but ours does a handstamp thing so the kid can't leave unless he's with an adult with the same number handstamp.
Also, our CEC does have beer (granted, it's Bud and Bud Light, but it's there).

If you want a good deal with purchase, go to the chuck e cheese website and sign up for their mailing list--I got two coupons, one for a large pizza, four drinks, and 40 or so tokens for 19.99, and the other, buy 40 tokens, get 60 free. They let me use both of them, so we are set for tokens.

The Chuck E Cheese here still has the TMNT arcade game. But they've had it so long, the screen has faded and there is some bad burn-in that makes it almost unplayable.

[quote name='jbroush99']The Chuck E Cheese here still has the TMNT arcade game. But they've had it so long, the screen has faded and there is some bad burn-in that makes it almost unplayable.[/QUOTE]

Same here! I had 3 of my friends play with me at the same time and that experience was pretty awesome. It's almost like playing gauntlet legends with 4 people. Good times!

The coupons that come with the paper always have buy 50 tokens get 50 free. We just took my niece for her birthday. My chuckie Cheese has beer on tap. They only have two types. But I still don't understand why they have beer when children are brought by their parents.

Dave and Busters is the same way, they have beer and most of the people that go there, at least at the location near me are parents who drink and give their kid like a 50$ game card in order to play video games while they indulge in the beer. Most other family fun centers around here serve beer as well.

According to Chuck's website I do believe you are allowed in there as an adult, but I am not sure the policy for each location, it could vary. I do know that adults are now allowed in the ball crawls while that was forbidden several years ago so maybe they are loosening up the policies a bit. You would have to really like arcade games to want to go to a CEC though and put up with all the germs, screeching and whining that goes on there.

[quote name='jbroush99']The Chuck E Cheese here still has the TMNT arcade game. But they've had it so long, the screen has faded and there is some bad burn-in that makes it almost unplayable.[/quote]
the one i go to has tmnt too but theres nothing wrong with it.

[quote name='dtcarson']The one near us does have lots of prize games, but still about half of them are video games or ride things.
I don't know about lone adults being able to go in, but ours does a handstamp thing so the kid can't leave unless he's with an adult with the same number handstamp.
Also, our CEC does have beer (granted, it's Bud and Bud Light, but it's there).

If you want a good deal with purchase, go to the chuck e cheese website and sign up for their mailing list--I got two coupons, one for a large pizza, four drinks, and 40 or so tokens for 19.99, and the other, buy 40 tokens, get 60 free. They let me use both of them, so we are set for tokens.[/quote]Just to let you know, tokens are sometimes compatible between arcade machines. Just saying you might not necessarily need to go to CEC to use those puppies...

I'm gonna try this weekend to go by myself, keep in mind I am a harmless looking female so your results might vary. If you want to know my reason for going I am looking for the After burner climax arcade game, which a few of my sources have spotted at various chuck e cheese locations, while dave and busters ceases to deliver on this particular machine. I am a fan of the original afterburner and I am desperatly looking to play this new game (yeah, waiting 20 years for a sequel and then not getting to play it isn't fun), so I am willing to do whatever it takes for me to get a play on this game. I have been calling the arcade distributors in my area but I do not wish to bother them with my plight to find this machine anymore!

EDIT:

Ok, I made it into chuck e cheese, the entry process is no big deal they don't even ask you questions, note you probably cannot get in alone if you are 17 or under, you will need an adult, if you look older you probably have a good chance of getting in. They have a good selection of games, and the best part about it is the games are CHEAP at 25 cents A PLAY! Perfect for people here who want to play arcade games. I am assuming the game selection will vary but the games I played were wasteland racers, club cart, adult coaster simulator, fast and furious bikes, and the mad wave motion theater. They had other real arcade games too like daytona and a few others that I didn't make it to. Its worth mentioning that the section of video games is much larger than that of the redemption machines. They have the kids games separated from the real arcade games at my location so it doesn't feel too kiddy and the place is semi-dimly lit and not as bright as I expected. Even though it was only 25 cents per game all the games worked as they should and there were no broken controls, staff is plentiful if you needed help. Overall it was way better than dave and busters since some of the above mentioned games would cost 2-5$ per play at dave and busters and the noise level is about the same at my dave and busters vs chuck e cheese.

If you haven't been and can suck it up GO and play some cheap arcade games, you won't be dissappointed.

I didn't find the afterburner but found enough to be satisfied with the trip, gonna check another CEC location near my house for it though!

bread's done
Back