Photo
- - - - -

Pre-order Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow PSP $29.99; Price mistake?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:09 AM

http://www.ebgames.c...oduct_id=190459

I have no idea why this would be $29.99. But I think that is a good deal and worth posting. If it's near as good as Dark Mirror it's a steal.

Sounds like there's some kind of underwater fighting? sounds cool.

Does the online price automatically mean it's the same in stores? If so I think I'll go pre-order it this weekend.

#2 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:35 PM

I believe this is the normal price for the game ;) Gamestop has the same price (granted they are the same), but some other titles are getting a $30 price-tag as well like Jeanne D'Arc and the new Coded Arms for PSP. Looks like they are pricing some games at lower prices now...probably to up sales. Either way, its better for us!

#3 daroga

daroga

swimming with nanocarp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:00 PM

One of the reasons I just got a PSP. Lower system price point and more reasonable portable software price points. The PSP has a large chance of riding the same wave the PS2 did with cheap, quality software.

Posted Image

#4 Weedy649

Weedy649

Keepin it cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:06 PM

Cant wait for this game, Dark Mirror took me by surprise when i read the reviews and even more so when i played it.

#5 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:11 PM

One of the reasons I just got a PSP. Lower system price point and more reasonable portable software price points. The PSP has a large chance of riding the same wave the PS2 did with cheap, quality software.

Well said, I bought a PSP at launch and it sat for months unloved cos I refuse to pay more than $30 for a handheld game, plus there wasn't much out for it back then.

But now there's some really good games at a decent price point ( a lot of them are < $20) I'm starting to use it more than my DS Lite.

EDIT - To stay on topic I think this is the correct price, it certainly shouldn't be anymore.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#6 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:14 PM

Sorry about the post then this is the first I've heard of $30 PSP games. They use to be $50 in the beginning and I thought that was crap. Then $40 was a little bit better. $30 to me is great. But I know games like Crisis Core and God of War wont be $30 and I'd be surprised if they're $40. Guess it just depends on the game.

Edit: God of War Chains of Olympus is listed as $39.99

http://www.ebgames.c...oduct_id=190434

#7 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:18 PM

Nice! I didn't even know they were working on a sequel. I hope it's by the same team. That was one of the best games I played last year (and I this coming from someone who couldn't even finish the DEMO for the PS2 Syphoon Filter I hated it so much!) I liked Dark Mirror more than SC: Chaos Theory.

#8 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:40 PM

I've seen a gameplay video and it looked dead on like how the last game was...so more than likely this one will be just as good if not better :) The team has set a high bar for themselves though!

#9 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:04 PM

All new PSP games that are Sony first party, are being priced at $29.99. This is similar to what Sony did with PS2, charging $10 less. Now this puts Nintendo to shame because they're still charging $35 for most of their own DS games.
Posted Image

#10 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:15 PM

Then why is God of War Chains of Olympia $39.99?

#11 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:13 PM

Probably because they're overcharging by $10 on the PS2 games too?

Anyway, $30 is a great price point. $30 is in impulse purchase territory for me, if a game has gotten good reviews. $40 is pushing it, and higher than that I won't even consider it.

#12 expane

expane

Tappin out posers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:44 PM

yeah they just randomly price stuff.... when they feel like $10cheaper they do it, except when they don't feel like it, aka big named sellers like god of war is going to be.

I picked up DM for $10 w/ the BB coupon and its hands down my fav PSP game. I prefer the "classic" control style and find it a much better controlling game than every other PSP shooter I have tried.
Posted Image

#13 hhhdx4

hhhdx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:22 PM

All new PSP games that are Sony first party, are being priced at $29.99. This is similar to what Sony did with PS2, charging $10 less. Now this puts Nintendo to shame because they're still charging $35 for most of their own DS games.

Yeah, Nintendos real ashamed of itself with the DS.
Posted Image

#14 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:49 PM

Then why is God of War Chains of Olympia $39.99?

Then why was God of War 1 and 2 $49.99 when most SCEA games on PS2 were $39.99? It's because it's a very big game that will sell regardless.

Yeah, Nintendos real ashamed of itself with the DS.

Nintendo may not be, but when you're pricing gimmicky, short games at that price, that's ridiculous, which is part of the reason I don't support my DS anymore (PSP FTW!!).
Posted Image

#15 hhhdx4

hhhdx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:00 AM

Nintendo may not be, but when you're pricing gimmicky, short games at that price, that's ridiculous, which is part of the reason I don't support my DS anymore (PSP FTW!!).

lol
Posted Image

#16 panasonic

panasonic

Joanna Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:37 AM

just to join the ds bashing. Fuck DEH DS however pokemon is looking a little tempting with the online play lol

#17 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:39 PM

I'm not going to join in the DS bashing neccessarily but there has been a huge swing in favor of PSP over DS in the last year. Up until about a year ago DS had great titles coming out left and right while PSP had very few. Lately there hasn't been anything new worth buying on the DS. In the future I'm looking forward to 3 DS games...

Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword
Final Fantasy XII Reverant Wings

I'm looking forward to quite a few more PSP games....

Silent hill Origins
God of War Chains of Olympus
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow
Devil May Cry Dance with Sparta (if it ever comes out)
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles