GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:51 AM

"I'm not Picard!"

:)

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#333 Darkside Hazuki

Darkside Hazuki

Inextinguishable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:16 AM

:-s
"CAPTAIN I protest......... I AM NOT A MERRY MAN!!!!"

Fixed.

A friend is going to make a montage of "Tea, Earl Grey, Hot"...mostly for our own amusement. I was hoping to save us some time...Ah, well. Guess we'll have to watch the whole series!

#334 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:12 AM

Remember to add in some clips of him performing the "Picard maneuver." Thats where he tries to tug down the top of his uniform to smooth it out.

I enjoy the videos and puns posted by Joliet Jake. I think he's almost as funny as my favorite comedian, Dane Cook. Now excuse me while I listen to Fallout Boy's music on their myspace page.

#335 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:14 AM

Fixed.

A friend is going to make a montage of "Tea, Earl Grey, Hot"...mostly for our own amusement. I was hoping to save us some time...Ah, well. Guess we'll have to watch the whole series!

I know for a fact that he says it in

"Child's Play" -Season 6 where picard and a few others turn into 12 years olds.

"All good things..." -Season 7 Series finale when the house keeper asks how he wants his tea and he says "Tea, Earl Grey, Hot"

no way I am going thru all those episodes to find out where he says it :whee:

btw has anyone here ever had friends comment on how Riker in the 3rd-7th season just puts his left leg on the side of Data's station and stands so close to that his croutch is right in data's face?

#336 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:16 AM

Remember to add in some clips of him performing the "Picard maneuver." Thats where he tries to tug down the top of his uniform to smooth it out.

"The enemy" season 3- Where Geordi and the romulan has to work together to escape a hospitable planet. Picard tells Riker to put on his best poker face.

#337 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:41 AM

Actually, I was thinking of making a video of all the Picard manuevers in TNG one day.

Posted Image

#338 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:15 AM

Did spike knock of voyager now too? My fiancee and I were watching through it (her first time, I've seen the episodes more than I would care to admit). And all of a sudden they're only showing them 3 nights a week at 1 AM

I'm not sure. Spike has been doing odd things with their Trek series lately.

Posted Image

#339 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:20 PM

http://www.gametrail...ies/237778.html

hehe

Look familiar?

#340 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:09 AM

spike is back to Voyager a bunch of times a day.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#341 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:12 AM

spike is back to Voyager a bunch of times a day.

Voy 9am, 4pm and 5pm, 1am
DS9 2am
Seven Days 3am!!! :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

The 1am showings tend to be cut out every few days in favor of CSI or other spike tv show. I know on Thursday and Friday night's there is no trek what so ever.

#342 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:09 PM

Wow. The first in-character publicity photos:

Spoiler

combined:
Spoiler

Posted Image

#343 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:59 PM

Thanks lordwow.

Who are the people with the Yellow and the Black background supposed to be?
Posted Image

#344 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

Yellow is Kirk, Black is Nero

Posted Image

#345 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:13 PM

Yellow is Kirk, Black is Nero

Ah. Thanks. He doesn't really look like Kirk to me. Look more like a Young Picard. Spock looks great though.
Posted Image

#346 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:16 PM

This movie better be good.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#347 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

Only one that looks alright is Spock.

I enjoy the videos and puns posted by Joliet Jake. I think he's almost as funny as my favorite comedian, Dane Cook. Now excuse me while I listen to Fallout Boy's music on their myspace page.

#348 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:03 PM

I like all of them but Uhura. She looks...awkward.

Posted Image

#349 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:43 PM

I wonder if they're gonna try to recreate the way Shatner spoke as Kirk. I hope not, it would come off as being extremely cheesy.

#350 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:11 AM

New cast photos:

Spoiler

Black: sulu
Red: scotty
Yellow: chekov
Blue: mccoy

Posted Image

#351 anomynous

anomynous

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:46 AM

Is that really Simon Pegg in that poster?

Doesn't look like him at all.

#352 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:06 AM

holy Fuck!
http://www.gametrail...ayer/38184.html

god damn it, as long as they don't Fuck it up like sony did with SWG, this should be very cool.

#353 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:07 AM

I watched the whole press conference. The game does sound really cool, but they made it seem like it's definitely 2-3 years off.

It also sounds like the whole team of them are huge Trekkies though. They were talking a lot about stuff they've taken out of the novels.

Posted Image

#354 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:11 AM

I watched the whole press conference. The game does sound really cool, but they made it seem like it's definitely 2-3 years off.

It also sounds like the whole team of them are huge Trekkies though. They were talking a lot about stuff they've taken out of the novels.

I remembered reading about this around 2005 or so while I was playing SWG. Thought to myself based on the screenshots at the time, the game will be out in 2007. Fast forward to 2008 and this game has had some development problems and some people thought it was going to be canned. Good to know they are really going full steam ahead and making this game come true. I will be subscribing to this game once it hits. Yes another 2 or 3 years, but lets hope they make it right instead of that crap called SWG.

#355 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:12 AM

Which timeline is it set in?

Posted Image

#356 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:15 AM

Ya, they said in that they basically had to scrap everything from the original project (whoever was doing it) because "there was nothing work keeping."

The trailer certainly looks great. They also said they're not going to have a level system, but you would level up your bridge crew (like an RPG), and your character would have a specialty first (the example was that Janeway was a science officer and then became a command officer second, or Troi and the command tests they also mentioned), which may affect your ships and what you can do like classes.

It's set 30 years after Nemesis.

Posted Image

#357 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:16 AM

What happened with SWG anyway? I remember that's all i heard about when it came out. This looks pretty cool, i guess the battles would be land and space based both.

#358 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:16 AM

What happened with SWG anyway? I remember that's all i heard about when it came out. This looks pretty cool, i guess the battles would be land and space based both.

It was pretty decent for a while if I recall (I didn't play it), and then after a few years they decided to relaunch it with a completely different class structure to make it more mainstream, and ended up losing nearly all their long-time players.

Posted Image

#359 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:33 AM

Which timeline is it set in?

The wiki says 20 years after Nemesis in the early 25th century.
http://en.wikipedia....tar_trek_online

Ya, they said in that they basically had to scrap everything from the original project (whoever was doing it) because "there was nothing work keeping."

The trailer certainly looks great. They also said they're not going to have a level system, but you would level up your bridge crew (like an RPG), and your character would have a specialty first (the example was that Janeway was a science officer and then became a command officer second, or Troi and the command tests they also mentioned), which may affect your ships and what you can do like classes.

It's set 30 years after Nemesis.

yep

It was pretty decent until they released that stupid Combat Upgrade and the New Gaming Experience or whatever around mid 2005. Then everything went to hell. It was fun to have a character who could heal/buff and do kick ass kung fu (TKA), but the changes made it so you couldn't be that anymore. The whole jedi thing was a mess too and when they changed it so you could start as a jedi in training FROM THE START, suddenly everyone was a jedi :(

It was pretty decent for a while if I recall (I didn't play it), and then after a few years they decided to relaunch it with a completely different class structure to make it more mainstream, and ended up losing nearly all their long-time players.

this. I remembered I had a character on the Radiant Galaxy and things were pretty cool, but there were a few guilds on the server that try to ruin the fun for everyone.

I truely hope that the Borg does NOT become a playable race. They are way too powerful and shouldn't be in the game at all.

#360 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:43 AM

They said they intend for the next 2 playable races to be the Romulans and the remnants of the Dominion I believe. Likely in expansions.

Also they hope to have everyone play on 1 server, such that Borg invasions and such are universe-altering events (as in, how far do they get before the players can stop them).

Posted Image