Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Star Trek III (Back from the Dead) Thread

• Please log in to reply
1874 replies to this topic

#1381 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

Shatner and Wesley Crusher have each narrated a Mars rover video for the upcoming landing.

http://www.wired.com...er-wheaton-msl/

#1382 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:43 AM

Damn, gold-pressed latinum value in Star Trek is more volatile than in real life apparently.

FTFY there.

#1383 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:01 AM

FTFY there.

No, I mean gold. In one of those videos it goes from being a precious metal to, as Quarck put it, useless.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#1384 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:39 AM

well that was quick...
http://trekmovie.com...-sound-problem/

#1385 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

well that was quick...

Classy CBS! Doing the right thing regardless of cost. And you know seasons 2-6 won't have this issue.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#1386 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

well that was quick...

Saw that on Blu-Ray.com.

I'll have to check my set and get that taken care of as soon as I can.

Hopefully this is a fluke and that's it going forward. They're not the only one with audio issues in releases, though I think it's been a while since I've seen a replacement program for a release.

#1387 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

I gave the number (1-866-335-8936) and the process was smooth. Read off the SL number on the disc, gave them on my info, and I was on my way. Looks like the replacement discs are shipping Mid-August. Really, really fast response on their part.

Also, someone in the comments of the article ITDEFX posted said, "Do we dare tell them of the missing Phaser blast?" and posted this set of pictures. http://imgur.com/a/tjr4t#0 Hillarious. I suppose a frame-by-frame project of this magnitude won't be perfect.

#1388 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

Classy CBS! Doing the right thing regardless of cost. And you know seasons 2-6 won't have this issue.

There is no guaranty that this won't happen again. I am wondering how many upconverted from SD frames/seconds will start popping up each season? They talked about how they found every single piece of film because the original team(s) kept detail records of everything. But I am glad they were quick to respond to it.

I gave the number (1-866-335-8936) and the process was smooth. Read off the SL number on the disc, gave them on my info, and I was on my way. Looks like the replacement discs are shipping Mid-August. Really, really fast response on their part.

Also, someone in the comments of the article ITDEFX posted said, "Do we dare tell them of the missing Phaser blast?" and posted this set of pictures. http://imgur.com/a/tjr4t#0 Hillarious. I suppose a frame-by-frame project of this magnitude won't be perfect.

Fuck...I am actually going out of the county for my honeymoon when it comes out...so I am going to have to wait til I get back.

Missing Phaser Blast? whaaa???!?!?!?!?

is that from the klingon episode?

#1389 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:30 AM

Well, no, not an iron clad promise it won't happen again. But disc replacement is expensive. You know their QA routines will be a lot more strict.

Or it won't and they'll be dumbasses again. We'll see.

#1390 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

Is it me or Michael Okuda wife just sits in frame and doesn't say a word in most of these interviews? I know she's done video editing for some of the star trek series. You know what I have also noticed? The credits at the end of each episodes are the same. They didn't do like the star wars special edition where they had a SPECIAL EDITION section for those people who enhanced the film. Hmm.... You know they should put that in.

#1391 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

holy shit!
http://trekweb.com/a...ing-Soon-.shtml

#1392 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

S2 of TNG on BD has a release date, December 4th.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0095XPZBC/

Currently $90.99 on Amazon, so I think it might come down a little bit before release. Probably be the same $59.99 or so we had for S1.

#1393 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

S2 of TNG on BD has a release date, December 4th.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0095XPZBC/

Currently $90.99 on Amazon, so I think it might come down a little bit before release. Probably be the same $59.99 or so we had for S1.

I saw that too... I am hoping that the 59.99 price point for first week will be a trend for the other seasons as well.

I am surprised there is so much emphasis on Measure of a man instead of Q who? for the box set. It's too bad they aren't going to do much with the Cube model as you can tell it's a bash kit in HD.

Hey has anyone gotten their season 1 disc replacements yet? web sites are reporting either people have gotten them or it's delayed til this month...

I did call for my disc replacements but the lady on the other line didn't even ask me for the numbers on disc one for verification so I had to remind her. I'm going to call tomorrow to make sure I am on the list.

#1394 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

I saw that too... I am hoping that the 59.99 price point for first week will be a trend for the other seasons as well.

I am surprised there is so much emphasis on Measure of a man instead of Q who? for the box set. It's too bad they aren't going to do much with the Cube model as you can tell it's a bash kit in HD.

Hey has anyone gotten their season 1 disc replacements yet? web sites are reporting either people have gotten them or it's delayed til this month...

I did call for my disc replacements but the lady on the other line didn't even ask me for the numbers on disc one for verification so I had to remind her. I'm going to call tomorrow to make sure I am on the list.

I heard they got delayed. They're fixing the missing phaser blast. Should be sent in "early September"

Here's to hoping. I got the silent treatment over email after I asked. I sent 4 replies saying "Did I provide you with the information you requested?" Finally I had to email the main address, and they finally answered me and assured me I was on the list for a replacement.

#1395 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

I heard they got delayed. They're fixing the missing phaser blast. Should be sent in "early September"

Here's to hoping. I got the silent treatment over email after I asked. I sent 4 replies saying "Did I provide you with the information you requested?" Finally I had to email the main address, and they finally answered me and assured me I was on the list for a replacement.

Not just the phaser blast but the whole warped stars needs to be fixed for Naked now.....now that bothers me when Picard says in his log that they are traveling at warp and the stars aren't at warp...

I really hope they come out soon because the audio mix is pretty good in 5.1/7.1.

#1396 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

Google is celebrating the 46th anniversary of Star Trek with a ST-inspired Google image.

There's some clickable items as well, so it's worth taking a look.

#1397 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

Google is celebrating the 46th anniversary of Star Trek with a ST-inspired Google image.

There's some clickable items as well, so it's worth taking a look.

Ha, that was cute. Thanks!

#1398 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

So apparently it's been confirmed that the title for the new movie is officially "Star Trek Into Darkness". Hmm...

#1399 TheCochese

TheCochese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

So apparently it's been confirmed that the title for the new movie is officially "Star Trek Into Darkness". Hmm...

Ho boy.

#1400 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

I wonder if they are going to follow the hamlet stuff like the TOS movies did?

#1401 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

I don't know if I care for it, but if Paramount thinks that the secret to a billion box office take is to put "Dark" in the titles, then Godspeed and best of luck to them.

#1402 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

I'm calling it now, the Enterprise is a transformer.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#1403 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:33 AM

I just got my replacement discs today...that was fast :) Heck they threw in a post card with the pencil drawing from the observation lounge. hmm... oh well good job paramount..

#1404 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:29 AM

Sweet. I hope mine came in. Should be at my parents'....

#1405 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Finishing up Season 6 of Deep Space Nine today. I truly am glad to have actually taken a chance on the show. It was because of all of the glowing reviews here. At first it had several things that disinterested me (Cardassians who were very one dimensional on TNG, one main location, O'Brien, etc.) but it's been pretty exciting. I'll need to go back and re-start the discussion once I'm finished with the show.

#1406 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

Bashir and O'Brien's relationship I think is one of the better parts of the show. Miles seems to truly hate Bashir sometimes, but he's really the only buddy he has.

#1407 TheCochese

TheCochese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

Finished TNG a few weeks ago and I'm watching Past Tense today.

#1408 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

I just watched the Wings episode with Andrew Robinson, didn't even realize that was him until he started speaking. Funny, he played an attorney in the same way he played Garak....lol

#1409 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

I just started DS9 and I'm about 6 or 7 episodes in. This is the first time I've watched since the original airings almost 20 years ago. It's funny, I know the characters very well but I don't remember anything that happened to them. Should be fun.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1410 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

I just started DS9 and I'm about 6 or 7 episodes in. This is the first time I've watched since the original airings almost 20 years ago. It's funny, I know the characters very well but I don't remember anything that happened to them. Should be fun.

You're lucky. I hope one day I get to that so I can enjoy the perfection that is DS9 with wide eyed glee.