Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Watched Free Enterprise...always makes me feel better

Check my YouTube channel for exotic cars: https://www.youtube.com/user/DKGarage

#1442 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

So Trekcore had an interview, and if I understand right, the extended cut of The Measure of a Man is going to be in proper HD with the original film negatives. I was under the impression they were going to splice in the VHS footage in with the remastered episode, but it sounds like they got it all 100% composited from the negatives. Fucking amazing.

http://tng.trekcore....damsgrant2.html

I almost go that impression, but I believed they used the VHS tapes as a guide...they know the fans would not accept up-scaling at all. I am glad they admit they put grain in to match certain shots that they had to rebuild from scratch...makes me feel a lot better...however I am not digging the 120 price tag for season 2.

#1443 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

I'm not too worried about the current price on Amazon... Deep Discount is running it at 76, last I checked. I think we see some deals like we saw Best Buy run.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#1444 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

Posted Image

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

Heroes.jpg
I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!

#1445 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

Awesome.

#1446 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

You're mad that race entered into Star Trek, seriously? How dare that 24th century black captain be aware of human history, how dare he I say!. That's just sad, man.

Don't get me wrong:
I'm.not mad it entered in, I dont think it was done well at all. In my opinion it was the context that was all wrong for Trek. I know race issues have always been in trek in some form, I was talking about the context of the episode that seemed, to me, way off for normal of the series. DS9 was doing just fine with the race angle on solids and founders, and Cardassians and Bajoriana

You want an awesome episode on civil rights, The Drumhead was incredible. And it was in complete context for the show's timeline. If you need to revisit the past, to overcome it, the story and message loses the edge, IMO. The Drumhead says " we cant fix what we did, but we can fix what we are doing". That is the important message.

And it throws in more than one full storyline with aplomb.

Edited by 6er, 11 October 2012 - 03:04 AM.

#1447 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

Drumhead (and the better example, Homefront/Paradise Lost) isn't exactly about racism though. The key message from those episodes is that some in power believe it's okay to sacrifice freedom and liberty in the name of security.

The discussion on racism is highly out of context, especially given the better examples of Cardassia's interactions with Bajor, but again, it didn't happen in the present.

#1448 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

Don't get me wrong:
I'm.not mad it entered in, I dont think it was done well at all. In my opinion it was the context that was all wrong for Trek. I know race issues have always been in trek in some form, I was talking about the context of the episode that seemed, to me, way off for normal of the series. DS9 was doing just fine with the race angle on solids and founders, and Cardassians and Bajoriana

You want an awesome episode on civil rights, The Drumhead was incredible. And it was in complete context for the show's timeline. If you need to revisit the past, to overcome it, the story and message loses the edge, IMO. The Drumhead says " we cant fix what we did, but we can fix what we are doing". That is the important message.

And it throws in more than one full storyline with aplomb.

Maybe it was to give Sisko, someone who hasn't really had to deal with racism, a little perspective? No it really wasn't that either, because the episode was talking to it's audience, not the characters. It showed what had to be overcome to get to the utopia like state earth is in, that's why it was powerful. It was saying that no matter what the future holds, you shouldn't forget the past. Maybe some people think the discussion of racism doesn't belong in Star Trek, or that it seems out of place, but I thought they executed it beautifully. Hell, they could have had Sisko actually go back in time and assume that life, like in Past Tense.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#1449 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

Drumhead (and the better example, Homefront/Paradise Lost) isn't exactly about racism though. The key message from those episodes is that some in power believe it's okay to sacrifice freedom and liberty in the name of security.

The discussion on racism is highly out of context, especially given the better examples of Cardassia's interactions with Bajor, but again, it didn't happen in the present.

Drumhead just hit so many levels, its one of those episodes you can watch 10 times and get 10 different meanings.

And yes, if it isn't such a parallel for the condition of the USA today.....
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1450 Ziv

Ziv

Jerk Extreme

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

I'm watching Voyager for the first time since it originally aired. I kinda get why people rag on it. It's pretty repetitive. How many times can a similar problem happen?

Is it sad that I think the most interesting character is the EMH Doctor?

#1451 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

I think Voyager was awesome

#1452 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

I think Voyager was awesome

Voyager had its moments, but it kind of went to crap when Seven joined the cast.

#1453 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Voyager had its moments, but it kind of went to crap when Seven joined the cast.

but it didnt make mistakes other series would have made

example...the Kazon...

...any other series trapped 70,000 light years would have somehow F'd up having the Kazon some how follow Voyager for 70 years

#1454 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

but it didnt make mistakes other series would have made

example...the Kazon...

...any other series trapped 70,000 light years would have somehow F'd up having the Kazon some how follow Voyager for 70 years

Voyager didn't have that kind of ambition.

#1455 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

I didn't understand your wording but would like to discuss. What do you mean about the Kazon?

#1456 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

I didn't understand your wording but would like to discuss. What do you mean about the Kazon?

Kazon...

...they like any race in Star Trek, movie, or even real life have a select region of space that they had, like how gangs have neighborhoods

...the writers were smart and didnt make the Kazon follow Voyager all the way to Earth because you wouldnt have your whole race follow a ship for 70 years to kill it

...that is why they used the whole Kes becoming something greater to throw Voyager forward like 10 years

#1457 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

Saw this new book about TNG at B&N today:

http://www.amazon.co..._hu-rd_add_1_dp

Looks really interesting. Goes chronologically through TNG's pre-production & each episode with new stories from the cast and crew. Some really interesting stuff that I hadn't read on Memory Alpha before. And it's got a ton of new photos from behind the scenes.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#1458 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

Saw this new book about TNG at B&N today:

http://www.amazon.co..._hu-rd_add_1_dp

Looks really interesting. Goes chronologically through TNG's pre-production & each episode with new stories from the cast and crew. Some really interesting stuff that I hadn't read on Memory Alpha before. And it's got a ton of new photos from behind the scenes.

Is this better than the ST:TNG Companion book from a few years ago?

#1459 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

Star Trek Voyager Season 6 Episode 9 - The Voyager Conspiracy

When Seven is going crazy she legit pulls up a frame of a tracker beam pulling the core of the Caretaker away just like her conspiracy theory claims

There was no explanation to this?

All her other claims can be explained by another reason except that

#1460 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Amazon.com has season two down to 79.99. Now we're getting closer.

#1461 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Amazon.com has season two down to 79.99. Now we're getting closer.

wasn't season 1 59.99 release week?

I hope this isn't going to be trend.

season 1: 59.99
season 2: 79.99
season 3: 99.99
season 4: 119.99
season 5: think about working some over time.
season 6: sell some blood til you pass out.
season 7: star taking out another loan.

#1462 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

wasn't season 1 59.99 release week?

Yes it was, but for the longest time it was 79.99, maybe 76 or so from Deep Discount. 59.99 was revealed in the Best Buy ad, so let's give it a week or so before release before we hit the panic button and question whether or not we have enough equity in our homes for Season 7.

#1463 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

hmmm
I dunno...the Hathaway
looks pretty CG'ish to me :|

To be honest....that was a stupid tactic they did to fool them. Even they knew that if the engines failed, they would be dead. Can you imagine Picard trying to explain that to starfleet?

http://tng.trekcore....peakperf_hd.jpg

#1464 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Now that's an epic reaction lol
http://trekweb.com/a...the-Photo.shtml

#1465 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

HMMM [again]
http://trekweb.com/a...emastered.shtml

#1466 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

The Enterprise looks a little sharper, the cube looks sharper, but fake as hell. I had hoped they'd just go back and CGI all the ship/space scenes, but I guess not.

#1467 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

The Enterprise looks a little sharper, the cube looks sharper, but fake as hell. I had hoped they'd just go back and CGI all the ship/space scenes, but I guess not.

I was really hoping for the borg cube from First Contact. Guess they are trying not to pull a George Lucas.

#1468 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Well if you're going to spruce up a few things, but not others, and in the same shots no less, that just makes no sense. Do the Borg look more evil in their plastic space cube or something?

Go big or go home I say in this situation.

#1469 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

I don't think it's a finished shot. They still haven't adjusted the lighting in the models and they aren't the same frames.

#1470 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

No matter what they do, it won't please everyone. If they go totally CGI, they'll offend some purists, some of whom will object to the change on principle and some of whom have a hate-on for CGI.

That said, the before/after...well, it's better, but it's not something that I think I'd show off. Some of the other before/after shots have been much more dramatic. I'm sure this will look fine when they're done.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)