Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

This is the Star Trek thread. Here's a nice red shirt for you.

• Please log in to reply
1870 replies to this topic

#1831 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

This will jump start the thread:
http://www.trektoday...ek-on-tv-again/

I was just watching Into Darkness last night and I was thinking about how 1 movie every few years isn't enough.  Of course, some of the actors in the movie seem like strictly movie only actors but oh well...

#1832 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

A month ago I saw some discontinued trek ships selling for stupid money and started researching the market for trek collectables, ships are where the value and market is. I havent bought anything trek that isnt a video or game since I was eight. I had no interest. Thats what led me to this.

Anyone seen this?

http://www.startrek-.../usa/faqs.html#!prettyPhoto

I saw some detailed pics of the ones released in the UK and the ships look incredible. Look at the Aztec pattern.

http://m.ebay.com/it...av=SEARCH&sbk=1

They are releasing in the US in the next few weeks. If you bought all of them (70 planned already, they suggest more may be added) it would be at least $1400.

Some of the discontinued Hot Wheels ships that are smaller, and less have detail sell for 50-100+ on eBay.

I'm wondering how much the long term gifts will run. You will HAVE to subscribe for 18 months for one, which would be a $720 cost @ 2 ships a month at $20 each.

That's insane. But then again I could see it selling for $150 in the future.

s.

I've seen them through another forum and decided that it isn't worth the subscription to me. They look absolutely gorgeous of course.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#1833 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

This will jump start the thread:
http://www.trektoday...ek-on-tv-again/

Sounds to me like an attempt to drum up interest, and possibly to get angry nerds to tell CBS how stupid they are.

If Orci is involved, I'm not interested and I'd actually go so far as to hope it fails. He's a douchebag, and you need look no further than Hawaii 5-O to see what Trek could turn into.  I watched that show because Grace Park was such a badass in BSG, and she's completely wasted on a show that makes her boring and gives main characters the barest hints of idiotic and mind-numbing "development" that goes nowhere.  No thanks.

Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#1834 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

I've seen them through another forum and decided that it isn't worth the subscription to me. They look absolutely gorgeous of course.

The trek collective has a few reviews up with some nice pics. They do look awesome. Reminds me of Admirals desk in STiD
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1835 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

Star Trek marathoning today!

For a way to update your Android you may not know about check out this site: http://about.me/forceandroid

#1836 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

http://trekcore.com/...-press-release/

We've already had a taste of it with the clip of the junkyard scene from "Unification" in the trailer, but the fifth season will mark the debut of CBS Digital's brand new re-tooled Enterprise CGI model. Due to the increase in complexity of many of the ship shots in Season 5 alongside a number of instances were elements could not be found, the team had to go back to the drawing board and re-vamp their CG model. The results are nothing short of breathtaking, and we're very excited to see the finished product along with fan reaction to the newly rendered shots.

hmmm...I am really curious if they are going to recreate every enterprise explosion via CG or make it have more punch... I honestly thought they did a good job timing the moments of the ship and composting the explosions back in the day.

#1837 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

Ron Moore said he has an idea for a NuTrekverse TNG...hmmm.

#1838 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:14 AM

HMM

I think I am getting tired of Trekcores SD/HD videos of TNG HD.

Yes we get it , the colors are more vibrant than ever.  However the focus should be more on the effects.

#1839 Mandy I Am

Mandy I Am

Mew Lickens

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:40 AM

I think I am getting tired of Trekcores SD/HD videos of TNG HD.

Yes we get it , the colors are more vibrant than ever.  However the focus should be more on the effects.

Agreed! It was slightly disappointing during the events they had in theaters because some of it wasn't any different than the DVD box set I have. 

Check out my books on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads...rofile/mandyiam

#1840 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:56 AM

Agreed! It was slightly disappointing during the events they had in theaters because some of it wasn't any different than the DVD box set I have. 

Well to be honest with you, I read somewhere that the Fanthom events are sent via satellite to the theaters so there is no reel..  From what I remember seeing I saw a windows desktop projected on to the screen.  The picture quality was below standards for BOBW and there was some weird purple fringing around some of the characters.  I checked and it looks like there will be do Reunification event this month either.  I guess there isn't a demand to have TNG on the big screen.  However I am glad I was able to go to 2 out of 3 events.

#1841 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

The Season 5 BR review is up

http://trekcore.com/...ason-5-blu-ray/

2 mins of upscaled footage...ouch..but from what the review says it doesn't sound that bad.

They fixed the phaser beam coming from the torpedo launcher from Darmok!!

Even when that first aired I was like "ummm huh???"

They didn't give any more kick to the enterprises blowing up in Cause and Effect :(

but overall looking good!!!

#1842 Mandy I Am

Mandy I Am

Mew Lickens

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Well to be honest with you, I read somewhere that the Fanthom events are sent via satellite to the theaters so there is no reel..  From what I remember seeing I saw a windows desktop projected on to the screen.  The picture quality was below standards for BOBW and there was some weird purple fringing around some of the characters.  I checked and it looks like there will be do Reunification event this month either.  I guess there isn't a demand to have TNG on the big screen.  However I am glad I was able to go to 2 out of 3 events.

I remember seeing a Windows error message pop up on screen before Best of Both Worlds. That was the only issue we saw during the screening. But yeah, the picture quality wasn't what they were making it out to be. It is sad that there's not a demand for more TNG events. I went to all 3 and was so hopeful for a 4th event. Ah well. The three events were fun and memorable. :)

Check out my books on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads...rofile/mandyiam

#1843 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

Anyone reading the Khan comics based on Into Darkness? I'm guessing that the answer to the different look is cosmetic surgery or something.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

#1844 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

Anyone reading the Khan comics based on Into Darkness? I'm guessing that the answer to the different look is cosmetic surgery or something.

My prob with the comics is they could easily put some of that missing info into the movies without alienating the NuTrekers.

Like the Narada was modified by Borg tech. Watching the movie I was like " uhhh....how did a ROM civy get his mining ship to be so deadly?"

In movie add two lines

New Spock: "Are all Romulan mining ships so well armed in the future?"

Old Spock: "Desperate, the Romulans were driven to embrace a dangerous cybernetic based technology stolen from a genocideal cybernetic race"

Would that have been so hard?

#1845 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

I didn't even catch this until now.  Apparently CBS has greenlit a made-for-tv movie set around the Equinox from Star Trek Voyager.  No mention if it's the new movie universe or they're going back to the old one(I hope so).

Fifteen years after the destruction of the USS Equinox (approximate star date 2393) Captain Rudy Ransom, who was beamed from his doomed ship by the Krotownans, is held prisoner in the Delta quadrant for crimes against the race including trespassing in Krowtownan space and the deaths of Krowtown Crew members. Captain Ransom has very few choices but one chance to return to the Alpha Quadrant some 30.000 light years away.

It's supposed to air sometime in 2014 and if it's popular enough, it'll get made into a series.

#1846 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

I don't believe it.  Source?  I found a board that says its a fan-made project, which I think is much  more likely, but that's not proof for or against.

I find it extremely dubious that the next televised Trek will be some obscure Voyager spin-off.

Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#1847 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

I don't believe it.  Source?  I found a board that says its a fan-made project, which I think is much  more likely, but that's not proof for or against.

I find it extremely dubious that the next televised Trek will be some obscure Voyager spin-off.

Yeah, kinda misread it.  It's something being produced that for TV(no mention of CBS, although wouldn't Paramount have to give it's approval for this to get made?).

Story of it being made:

http://www.examiner....cid=db_articles

Story of someone already being cast in it:

http://www.tmz.com/2...idget-tmzsports

#1848 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:38 AM

wtf is this bullshit?

I might as well sit here and wait for the Captain Sulu show or the Adventures of the Rikers in the Titan TV series.......

#1849 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:24 AM

Complete series set on BD for Enterprise, coming on 04/01/14 (it is a Tuesday, so it's a legit release date):

http://www.amazon.co...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Found it on Blu-Ray.com:

http://www.blu-ray.c...-Blu-ray/93126/

$307.99 at the moment, retails for $439.99.

Might not be worth it since the single season sets have been less than $77/season by no small amount.  I doubt it'll release for that price, though unless it gets down to $200 or so by release date, it likely won't be worth picking up.

S1 lowest price to date: $35.34 (Amazon)

S2 lowest price to date: $52.34 (Amazon)

S3 releases on 01/07/14

S4 releases on 04/01/14

#1850 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

I have this crazy feeling that TNG HD will have a similar mega box set....*sigh*

#1851 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

I have this crazy feeling that TNG HD will have a similar mega box set....*sigh*

Oh yeah. CBS/paramount have repackaged movies and series ( into cherry picked episode sets) about 3 times in the last 5 be years while adding zero new content. I am surprised DS9 never got a box set, or dominion war set(seasons 5-7 with a few of the 1-4 important episodes).

Although I'm not a fan of TV show apparel, the red one is pretty funny.
http://www.thetrekco...allets.html?m=1

I searched around and found a wholesaler estimating a US street date of 3/30/14. Doubt ThinkGeek will pass those up.

#1852 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

I really wonder why we haven't gotten any cast commentaries ?  I know SPS is busy and super expensive since he has the SIR title, but what's Spiner, Frakes, and the rest of the people up to?

#1853 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

I really wonder why we haven't gotten any cast commentaries ? I know SPS is busy and super expensive since he has the SIR title, but what's Spiner, Frakes, and the rest of the people up to?

Probably CBS just milking it rather than spending anything more. They have showed the fans that is their only interest in the rights to it. Milk it dry rather than produce new product at a risk.

I doubt Frakes and Sirtis have passed much if anything up. They seem to be the torch carriers for everything after TOS. The only ones that have repetivitely said they would do another series at the drop of a hat.

Spiner seems to be going through the Nemoy type phase of "get away from Trek". Maybe he will swing back around later and realize its not a bad thing like Nemoy did.

#1854 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

Webcomic about Chief O'Brien's escapades in the transporter room:

http://citycyclops.t...chief-obrien-at

#1855 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

Good news guys: Amazon just renewed their CBS contract for r Prime steaming. Since it includes the latest content, TNG remaster is up to season four on AP streaming;

Hulu is still only at the first two in HD, and I think Netflix still has none of TNG in HD. Not completely sure though. I'm hoping Netflix renews next year after 7 comes out

#1856 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:38 AM

Never been to a convention, but if he starts going to them, seems like a cool guy to meet:
http://www.treknews....rek-convention/

Not sure how he has much time with his TV show and movies. Not sure if the guy has had a bad role.

#1857 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

What would you guys recommend for a Star Trek newb to get into the series by? I'm not wanting to go nuts since it's a vast series and I don't have the time to see everything but just anything that could introduce me to the lore more. I have only seen the two most recent films that Abrams did (and loved those) and that's as far as I've got. I swear I've never seen one episode of any of the shows nor any of the other movies. I have Netflix too in case that helps since I noticed a few of the television shows are on it.

#1858 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

What would you guys recommend for a Star Trek newb to get into the series by? I'm not wanting to go nuts since it's a vast series and I don't have the time to see everything but just anything that could introduce me to the lore more. I have only seen the two most recent films that Abrams did (and loved those) and that's as far as I've got. I swear I've never seen one episode of any of the shows nor any of the other movies. I have Netflix too in case that helps since I noticed a few of the television shows are on it.

I would start with TNG. I like TOS as well but since you saw the reboot movies I'd go with something fresh.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#1859 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Warning: the first 2 seasons of TNG aren't that great(some episodes are absolutely terrible), but should be watched anyways.

I would also skip Voyager except for a few select episodes that are actually really good. Enterprise is a mixed bag, but really finds it's stride in season 3.
dohdough.png

#1860 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

TNG and DS9. Enterprise also. The first season or two of every show is rough, FYI, Especially voyager. The last 4 season S of TNG and ds9 are great...