Photo
- - - - -

Where Does the CagCast Rate Amongst Your Favorite Podcasts?

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#91 The Linguist

The Linguist

.5 man + .5 bear + .5 pig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:56 PM

I want to give another mention to Video Game Outsiders. Fans of the CAGcast might like it. It's definitely more PG-13 but, like Cheapy and Wombat, it's just non-industry gamers talking about what they've been playing and what they think about gaming news. That said, I'd still rank it below CAGcast and 1UPYours on my list of favorites.

#92 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:10 AM

1. GFW radio - Although most here aren't PCgamers, I would reccomend it, as I think they have the most entertaining podcast personalities. Jeff Green and Shawn Elliot have made me laugh out loud a lot, almost embarrassingly at work. They go off on tangents all the time that are almost always funny and entertaining with a lot of self-deprecating humor and Shawn Elliot's voices, and are frank enough to just come out and say a game sucks. Also Shawn Elliot is unintentionally a great salesman for whatever game he is playing at the moment.

2. 1upyours - I really like the dynamic of the group, the clash of personalities and game tastes makes for an interesting discussion and different perspectives (kind of like the EGM reviews). I think it is missing something without Luke Smith's involvement, not that he was my favorite, at times he was rather annoying, but his personality and rants (even when I disagreed) added something that is now missing.

3. NextGeneration - I guess this is over and is now the Game Theory podcast. I started listening to this podcast mainly after hearing Gary Whitta on the PCgamer podcast, I found a lot of his gaming opinions fall in line with mine, plus he is an enjoyable host. They have lots of great interviews with developers and other industry people, and sometimes they end up sitting in to talk about the other gaming news. I like getting the more in depth perspective from actual developers and those inside the industry, you can really hear the passion some of them have for their games.

4. CAGcast - I really like the average gamer perspective and I enjoy the personalities of both Cheapy and Wombat. This is my favorite internet site, and one of my favorite podcasts.

5. PCGamer - This is the more informative of the two PC gaming podcasts I listen to, but it can be a little dry sometimes. Sometimes the PC bias is a little too strong, some of them are too antagonistic towards anything related to consoles. But they are a great source for the latest PC games.

#93 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:45 PM

1. GFW radio - Although most here aren't PCgamers, I would reccomend it, as I think they have the most entertaining podcast personalities. Jeff Green and Shawn Elliot have made me laugh out loud a lot, almost embarrassingly at work. They go off on tangents all the time that are almost always funny and entertaining with a lot of self-deprecating humor and Shawn Elliot's voices, and are frank enough to just come out and say a game sucks. Also Shawn Elliot is unintentionally a great salesman for whatever game he is playing at the moment.

2. 1upyours - I really like the dynamic of the group, the clash of personalities and game tastes makes for an interesting discussion and different perspectives (kind of like the EGM reviews). I think it is missing something without Luke Smith's involvement, not that he was my favorite, at times he was rather annoying, but his personality and rants (even when I disagreed) added something that is now missing.

3. NextGeneration - I guess this is over and is now the Game Theory podcast. I started listening to this podcast mainly after hearing Gary Whitta on the PCgamer podcast, I found a lot of his gaming opinions fall in line with mine, plus he is an enjoyable host. They have lots of great interviews with developers and other industry people, and sometimes they end up sitting in to talk about the other gaming news. I like getting the more in depth perspective from actual developers and those inside the industry, you can really hear the passion some of them have for their games.

4. CAGcast - I really like the average gamer perspective and I enjoy the personalities of both Cheapy and Wombat. This is my favorite internet site, and one of my favorite podcasts.

5. PCGamer - This is the more informative of the two PC gaming podcasts I listen to, but it can be a little dry sometimes. Sometimes the PC bias is a little too strong, some of them are too antagonistic towards anything related to consoles. But they are a great source for the latest PC games.

Nice list, very similar to mine. I have never listened to the Game Theory podcasts before, maybe I will give it a shot sometime. When you are talking about the PC Gamer podcast being a little "fanboyish" towards PC games I'm assuming you are mostly talking about Dan Stapleton. That guy never has anything good to say about console games. Other than him I think the rest of the crew play a lot of console games, at least it seems that way to me.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#94 Kuroi Kaze

Kuroi Kaze

Yes, I toss douches.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:52 PM

1. SModCast - Kevin Smith is a funny mofo
2. Penny Arcade - Never updates
3. 1 Up Yours
4. Sherdog Radio - MMA
5. CAGCast - It's okay but not nearly abrasive enough

If you're a big anime/videogame fan you can try GFR as linked below.
Please excuse the audio quality of the latest ep, as something
tanked on us.

I think only 1 or 2 CAGs listen to us now, but then again I just made
that sig today...

sig.gif
Sekai wa hiroi yo!

#95 2Dskillz

2Dskillz

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:30 AM

1. GFW Radio (Everyone has explained this enough, Hilarious and Smart)
2. 1up Yours (Most rounded gaming podcast you can find)
3. CAGcast (I find that I listen to CAG more for Cheapy and Wombat than any gaming info they can provide, Cheapy should be proud of his beautiful man voice and urge to go Knuckle Deep)
4. Retronauts (this would be higher, but it has not been the same without Jeremy Parish, that man KNOWS games)
5. EGM Live (the new format has been improving this show)
6. PC Gamer Podcast ( A little light on personality, but very informative)
7. CAGforeplay (up and coming, but still a little uneducated on geek culture)
8. IGN Podcasts ( These started as space fillers as I have a lot of listening time each week, but they are starting to grow on me)

Does anyone else find it funny after Major Nelson telling Cheapy and Wombat about the number of downloads his podcast gets, yet no one here has mentioned it.
Posted Image

#96 SteveDaWonder

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:44 PM

I only listen to CAG Foreplay, CAGCast, and the GoNintendo podcast.

#97 Nephlabobo

Nephlabobo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:03 PM

The only other podcast I listen to is the VGN podcast "Medispective".

So, pretty high!

#98 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:43 PM

Keith and the Girl

www.katg.com

#99 Jest

Jest

Take this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2007 - 03:40 AM

1. Diggnation
2. GeekNights
3. 1UP Yours
4. CAG Foreplay
5. CAG
7. Totally Rad Show
6. EGM Live
8. GFW Radio
9. Tekzilla
10. DL.TV (Would be up at number 2 if Patrick didn't leave)

#100 MotzCTG

MotzCTG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:58 AM

I got into CAGCast about 10 episodes ago and it already is my #1 podcast show.

1.) CAGCast
2.)IGN Games Podcasts(wii-k in review, 3 read light...)
2.)Hot Spot
2.)1 Up Yours

I like all 3 of the game sites the same really. But I mean CAGCast just has more personality and CheapyD and Wombat are always talking about really interesting topics.