La Pucelle Tactics @ Amazon for 19.99

Never played Arc the Lad, but it is a Strategy RPG similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. This is from Nippon Ichi who made Disgaea and Phantom Brave.

[quote name='kaw']Never played Arc the Lad, but it is a Strategy RPG similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. This is from Nippon Ichi who made Disgaea and Phantom Brave.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Unfortunately I can't get into strat RPGs for some reason (bought Final Fantasy Tactics and Arc the Lad: Twilight Spirits, couldn't really get into either).

Good deal for those who missed the 1.99 CC deal this week.

Anyone recall the title Warsong for the Sega Genesis? It was the first strategy RPG I'd ever tried. Hated it for quite a while, but one day it just clicked. I still have that game. One of my favorite unfinished adventures of all time :)

[quote name='The Truth']Good deal for those who missed the 1.99 CC deal this week.

Anyone recall the title Warsong for the Sega Genesis? It was the first strategy RPG I'd ever tried. Hated it for quite a while, but one day it just clicked. I still have that game. One of my favorite unfinished adventures of all time :)[/QUOTE]
I saw an ad in a magazine for Warsong many years ago and was intrigued by it... True story.

[quote name='asianxcore']EB Games is selling this for 19.99 new now.[/QUOTE]

i thought you meant that Ebgames had this game online for 19.99

According to various reviews, this is not a good game. It was actually the *1st* game made by Nippon Ichi, so its inferior to Disgaea in all aspects - poor graphics, stupid story, and lousy battle system.

troy

[quote name='electrictroy']According to various reviews, this is not a good game. It was actually the *1st* game made by Nippon Ichi, so its inferior to Disgaea in all aspects - poor graphics, stupid story, and lousy battle system.

troy[/QUOTE]

if i rank all 3

disgaea would be tops i mean nothing that i have played so far in RPG in the last 2 years kept me coming back to this game for more. I mean this is the only rpg that i have clocked in over 120 hours and am willing to still play the game

Phatom brave: Awful i dont see how people could like this game. there is a another part coming this summer i think

now la pucelle i only play this game for 2 hours and that was off a gamefly rental. I got it off someone here for 20 shipped and its still sealed waiting to be open sometime in probally 2006 :)

so if you havent played any play them this way i say

Phatom brave
la pucelle
disgaea

i liked it alot more then Brave but it wasnt as smooth and fun as disgeae was

[quote name='The Truth']Good deal for those who missed the 1.99 CC deal this week.

Anyone recall the title Warsong for the Sega Genesis? It was the first strategy RPG I'd ever tried. Hated it for quite a while, but one day it just clicked. I still have that game. One of my favorite unfinished adventures of all time :)[/QUOTE]

I loved Warsong! It was the first game to make me think ;) I remember trading in some Turbografx games at a pawn shop for it! Awesome game!!

[quote name='The Truth']

The remake of the sequel to it - Der Langrisser - is currently being translated by fans. I remember playing an incomplete translated version and loving it, even though I hate SRPGs.

La Pucelle is an excellent game--not quite on the same level as Disgaea or Phantom Brave--but it has the strongest story of the three games, with a really nice plot twist or two, and a horde of sidequests... put over 100 hours into it myself.... well worth the price :)

bread's done
Back