Amazon Prime for $16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yo Mama

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Moderator EDIT

This is "do it at your own risk" situation thats covered in the new Trading and Feedback rules. Meaning no feedback is to be left for this , as well as a special warning that this isn't what Amazon designed Prime to be used for.
If they get wise, and kick everyone out of Prime - don't expect us mods to worry about getting you your money back (assuming you were not the original Prime purchaser).

End EDIT

(idea is from slickdeals)

A year of Amazon Prime costs $80.

Amazon Prime has a feature where you can invite four other people to share the subscription with you. The Amazon terms say that the people need to live at the same address, but several people from slickdeals say this is not the case.

So people get together in groups of 5, paypal $16 over to one trusted guy. The trusted guy buys the prime membership and adds the other four as household members sharing the subscription.

Then everyone in the group gets Amazon Prime for a year, for $16.

#####

The initial purchaser needs these three pieces of information from the people who are joining:

1) Birth date (Month and Day only)
2) Name associated with the Amazon account that wants to be added to prime
3) The e-mail address associated with your Amazon account that wants to be added to prime

The people joining the account need the birth date (month and day only) of the originating account member to accept the invitation.

All the packages do not have to go to the same address.

The invite goes to your email account, then the amazon account you regularly use will have prime enabled.

I actually have prime myself until Sept. Somebody PM me right now with their email and I will add one person, to verify.

The slickdeals guys have been doing this for a couple of weeks.

From SD:

>I just have gotten for myself an invite from Dustywalnuts thank you. it works
>fine!

>I had my mother on my account. She is in Cali and I in MN. totally different last >names also. so I think we can just share.

http://www.slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=516595

My friend added me to his Amazon Prime account, though that was his family member (he remembered we were distant cousins), not sure what the other qualificatiosn are. But it worked just fine.

I can verify, just got the invite from Yo Mama. I'm on my regular account and can have stuff shipped to me. Thanks alot, this rules.

[quote name='Yo Mama']All the packages do not have to go to the same address.

The invite goes to your email account, then the amazon account you regularly use will have prime enabled.

I actually have prime myself until Sept. Somebody PM me right now with their email and I will add one person, to verify.

The slickdeals guys have been doing this for a couple of weeks.

From SD:

>I just have gotten for myself an invite from Dustywalnuts thank you. it works
>fine!

>I had my mother on my account. She is in Cali and I in MN. totally different last >names also. so I think we can just share.

http://www.slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=516595[/quote]

[quote name='Z-Saber']Just a shipping discount? Pass.[/quote]

The deal is great for people who order a lot of things from amazon. You don't always have to meet the $25 for their super saver (slow ass) shipping with amazon prime. For example, you can buy a $2 item and have it shipped two day service for free (all year long). Regular price for amazon prime is $79.99 (iirc) and it's a steal for $16 if you purchase a lot of stuff from their website. :)

I don't purchase a lot from their website. Only if they have a ridiculous deal or something I can't find elsewhere.

if anyone has an extra invite, I will paypal you the $16...send me a pm with your paypal addr, and I will give you my email addr.

or you can wait 6 months and probally pick up a year for 20 bucks.

they will probally bring out the xmas deals again around thanksgiving

I got a year of prime + 100 gift cert for 120 around thanksgiving

[quote name='ryanbph']if anyone has an extra invite, I will paypal you the $16...send me a pm with your paypal addr, and I will give you my email addr.[/quote]

Same here.

I love prime!

I am down giving out an invite, but only if I don't have to share any info with people (cc numbers, address, orders, etc). I guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but this is the internet.

I have two invites available. I reserve the right to deny any applicants, however. PM me with your email and I will send you my PayPal address. So I don't end up on the short end of the stick, I'm pushing PayPal fees on you guys. A payment of $16.80 will result in $16.01 in my account.

But I tested it out with a buddy, the invited person has access only to your name, your birthday (month/day), and the subscription period for the trial. No credit card info, addresses, etc.

Good God this is tempting. Ever since my trial ran out, I've been missing Prime like it was a long lost girlfriend.

The only thing that worries me is that it looks like the main account holder can cancel anyone's account anytime they want.

I have 3 spots open ...if anyone wants it pm me your paypal addr, email addr, and name as with botticus it will be $16.80

I have 4 spots as well, and will give them to the first four people who PM and agree to paypal the going rate of 16.80 to my account.

[quote name='botticus']I have two invites available. I reserve the right to deny any applicants, however. PM me with your email and I will send you my PayPal address. So I don't end up on the short end of the stick, I'm pushing PayPal fees on you guys. A payment of $16.80 will result in $16.01 in my account.

But I tested it out with a buddy, the invited person has access only to your name, your birthday (month/day), and the subscription period for the trial. No credit card info, addresses, etc.[/quote]One spot left, probably just give it to my wife for free :)-() if no interest.

[quote name='joeposh']I have 4 spots as well, and will give them to the first four people who PM and agree to paypal the going rate of 16.80 to my account.[/QUOTE]

I just realized that my account only runs into November, so I'm offering spots for 10.80 a piece. For anyone who shops online alot, that free 2 day shipping and lack of tax can really add up to alot of savings (especially during the rush of fall releases). I saved over 30 bucks just by ordering my Wii from amazon last year. Anyone interested, just PM me.

Thanks again man. This is gonna come in handy big time in the coming months. And I love that this deal will never run dry for other people.

One thing to keep in mind about the "sharing" of Amazon Prime affiliate memberships. Whomever has the Amazon Prime account can revoke the membership of the affiliates at any time, so this could be a messy situation for the dishonest.

Not expecting anyone to screw over one another, it's just something to keep in mind.

I'll jump on this. If anyone is interested in going in on this send me a pm and if I can get four other people together I'll get everyone hooked up.

botticus might have another spot left...as of last night he had 1...you might want to jump on board with him, rather then starting another setup of 4 more people...just a thought

Ah Botticus is out :(

Anyone else has some spot left? or any other CAG wanna team up for sharing? I guess..we'll treat it as a trade or something right Shrike?

[quote name='shrike4242']One thing to keep in mind about the "sharing" of Amazon Prime affiliate memberships. Whomever has the Amazon Prime account can revoke the membership of the affiliates at any time, so this could be a messy situation for the dishonest.

Not expecting anyone to screw over one another, it's just something to keep in mind.[/QUOTE]

"I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids!"

If you previously tried Prime and cancelled within the free month period, are you still eligible for this?

Also wondering who else would be interested in doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back