PS3 Games that seemed to have disapeared.

Zoglog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
1) Ni-OH

Originally developed as a three-way project between KOEI Corporation, Kou Shibusawa Productions, and Kurosawa Productions (with a motion picture that was cancelled in September of 2005), Ni-Oh is based on a previously lost script from the legendary Japanese filmmaker Akira Kurosawa. The videogame tell the story of a blonde-haired samurai warrior who must discover his own destiny in the midst of war-torn 16th century Japan.
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/711/711566.html

Nothing new on it since the original trailer.. ho hum =)?

2) White knight Story?

In this fantasy RPG, you take control of a boy who comes into the possession of an ancient artifact. The artifact gives him the ability to transform into the White Knight of the title, a 7-meter warrior from a time when such creatures nearly destroyed all of civilization.
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/856/856638.html

Nothing since the original TGS trailer either. With E3 coming up, i'm praying for some info on these games you guys remember dissapearing (Besides Killzone 2)

[quote name='NamPaehc']This kind of stuff happens all the time. I heard about 'Logan's Shadow" for the PSP back in 2004 and nothing until a little while ago.

Looking forward to E3. Here is growing, a confirmed listed to stare at until July.[/QUOTE]

lol that reminds me of Gran Turismo Portable... whats up with that one ;)?

but yeah I noticed Koei isn't on that list. I was really hoping Ni-Oh would be their chance to redeem themselves, but I don't know why i bother putting faith in Koei. Rehash after rehash and people still buy their games.

I agree with above post... Koei is not a company where you really need to miss what could have been.

Sorry Koei. Better luck next life.

Unfortunately, with the long lead times and high cost of development, I think we'll be seeing this happen more and more. To be fair, however, it has always happened with every console, just seems to be far more frequent these days.

well, it just seems very strange. I mean with other games they came out with more material over the sony gamerday. I mean you would think some of these companies would at least release some updated screenshots or details on projects if they were going well.

they also showed a FPS at the original PS3 Announcement that was in some hallway. I forgot what it was called though. that one seems to have gone missing

[quote name='Zoglog']they also showed a FPS at the original PS3 Announcement that was in some hallway. I forgot what it was called though. that one seems to have gone missing[/QUOTE]
Are you talking about Fifth Phantom Saga, by Sega's Sonic Team? That disappeared.

Few that I haven't heard anything about in a while:

-WarDevil
-The Outsider
-Bladestorm (no new details other then coming out "later this year")
-Fatal Inertia (no new details other then coming out "later this year")
-Heavy Rain (think I read they were looking to hire people to help on this a little while ago)
-Afrika
-Turok
-Cipher Complex
-Harker
-L.A. Noire

...Should I keep going? :)

I really think that Sony's missing out on the game hype machine... maybe they don't want to get burned... but MS touts everything from movie franchises (the claymation stop-motion commercial for the 360 is pretty neat to watch) to Halo 3... but Sony's really not ramping up their games or talking them up that I can see...

They need to. I second the Gradius VI comment. If that dies, it'll be like when I found out the Tooth Fairy doesn't give $5 bills.

I think... I actually say that Gradius WAS canned. You guys aren't playing are you... because somewhere I saw that. But part of me wants to say that it turned out to be false and IS still alive. I can look for links later but 90% of me says it is dead for now.

>>okay here it is.

Doesn't mean it was killed for good, but most likely they want to focus on their other titles for now. So in the future we could still see Gradius or the others return as it seemed to be a list of "ideas" instead of a set list of games that were in development.

AH! I just remembered what the name of that FPS was.

Killing Day.
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/748/748469.html

Apparently it was canceled

Killing Day was a first-person shooter designed specifically for next-gen hardware. According to Ubisoft, the game was to demonstrate new technological developments that make full use out of next-gen consoles.

Killing Day was cancelled in the middle of production.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Few that I haven't heard anything about in a while:

-WarDevil
-The Outsider
-Bladestorm (no new details other then coming out "later this year")
-Fatal Inertia (no new details other then coming out "later this year")
-Heavy Rain (think I read they were looking to hire people to help on this a little while ago)
-Afrika
-Turok
-Cipher Complex
-Harker
-L.A. Noire

...Should I keep going? :)[/quote]

Maybe I just itching for some Wipeout action, but I'm looking forward to Fatal Inertia. Last I heard, KOEI decided to make a 360 version also and release both versions simultaneously. I think the release date was in the October/November area...

[quote name='reiji']Maybe I just itching for some Wipeout action, but I'm looking forward to Fatal Inertia. Last I heard, KOEI decided to make a 360 version also and release both versions simultaneously. I think the release date was in the October/November area...[/QUOTE]

If you want a new Wipeout I think you could wait for Sony's Liverpool studio to churn it out. They did an awesome job on the PSP one.

As for Koei, yeah as people said before.... not the best game developer/publisher. As somone who enjoyed Dynasty warriors 2 and 3..... I really really really don't get how their continually rehashed games continue to sell well to this day. Even 3 got a bit repetitive but it added some neat things like elephants.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I think... I actually say that Gradius WAS canned. You guys aren't playing are you... because somewhere I saw that. But part of me wants to say that it turned out to be false and IS still alive. I can look for links later but 90% of me says it is dead for now.

>>okay here it is.

[/quote]

Well, aren't _you_ just a turd in the punchbowl today? :p ah well, I gotta admit that my shmup affinity is probably clinging to a dying art form...

I still have the old titles. :)

Ah, here's another one that I haven't heard anything new about

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/748/748484.html

Eyedentify

It was supposed to be with the eyetoy and you're supposed to interact with characters...

eyedentify-20060117004112700.jpg

Also that tech demo of FFVII from the press conference, i'm suprised they don't release that for ps3 users to play. I mean if it was a tech demo like they stated

For those of you who haven't seen the 2005 press conference announcement stuff or just want it again.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_9349.shtml

[quote name='reiji']Maybe I just itching for some Wipeout action, but I'm looking forward to Fatal Inertia. Last I heard, KOEI decided to make a 360 version also and release both versions simultaneously. I think the release date was in the October/November area...[/quote]

Some form of Wipeout for PS3 has been confirmed.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Anyone heard anything on these lately:

-Secret Service
-Redwood Falls[/QUOTE]
Is Redwood Falls that one that was supposed to be insanely gory/lifelike or whatever?

[quote name='whoknows']Is Redwood Falls that one that was supposed to be insanely gory/lifelike or whatever?[/quote]

Yeh. One of the examples I remember is about a guy getting shot until you could see his bones/guts and then healing himself slowly back to full health. Creepy.

[quote name='Zoglog']Ah, here's another one that I haven't heard anything new about

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/748/748484.html

Eyedentify

It was supposed to be with the eyetoy and you're supposed to interact with characters...
Also that tech demo of FFVII from the press conference, i'm suprised they don't release that for ps3 users to play. I mean if it was a tech demo like they stated

For those of you who haven't seen the 2005 press conference announcement stuff or just want it again.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_9349.shtml[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the FF7 was just CGI fluff, like all the other vids from that E3.

As for Fatal Inertia, word going around that it's now a 360 exclusive (or that it will at least hit 360 first, then other titles).

Hope to hear more about Heavy Rain & White Knight Story. Both titles were part of the reason I even bothered with the PS3.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone remember the PS3 version of The Getaway? I'm still waiting on that.[/quote]

Oh yeh, good one.

"The Outsider" is another cross platform game but I'd love new details on it too.

Here is a recent mention of Golden Axe but looks like they aren't going to show it this year- GRRR!

GS: Another one of your big projects that's also garnering a lot of interest is the forthcoming Golden Axe game. Can you give me any new news on that front?

SJ: Well, we're going to be holding off on showing it at E3 probably. We considered showing it behind closed doors, but we want the big unveil to be a big unveil. So, we're probably going to do a special event around that in a couple of months into the fall. We're still targeting releasing it in the spring next year on PS3 and 360. It's looking absolutely beautiful, and it's got some real good moments from the classic arcade game connect that the gamers will appreciate. But at the same time, it can still really work for gamers who don't know what the heck Golden Axe is.

[quote name='refusedchaos']yes it was officially cancelled earlier this year[/quote]

It really is confusing. Some places report it was canned while haven't changed their info for a long time. That is because Konami hasn't stepped up and expressed just what is going on. If it is coming out, I don't think it will be out for a long time- if at all.

well white knight story isn't so missing after all eh? I think somebody linked it in another thread...I think the konami/playstation premiere event thread

[quote name='NamPaehc']It really is confusing. Some places report it was canned while haven't changed their info for a long time. That is because Konami hasn't stepped up and expressed just what is going on. If it is coming out, I don't think it will be out for a long time- if at all.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I really want to know if it was cancelled or not.

I'd most likely get it if it came out and was decent.

I'm going to go ahead and assume it's not cancelled.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Ni-Oh was shown yesterday and still being worked on, so now we know it's not dead.[/QUOTE]

excellent, do you have a link to some impressions, if there were any D:...
It's unfortunate that the movie that it was supposed to be based off of is can celled. However the Kurosawa script and the original trailer gets me pumped. Koei however... does not.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Wow my thread was closed and it turns out that the add has nothing to do with Twisted Metal.

Stupid ass Mods.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it puzzles me why your thread was locked too without explanation.

More White Knight goodness.

Yesterday, we wrote up a story on some new White Knight Story screenshots. Today, after our readers cleverly deduced our assumption regarding character customization was correct, Level 5 has issued a statement regarding that very device as well as hinting at what to expect, gameplay-wise. Shall we listen in?

The player customization is exactly what we wanted to hear -- you create a character to travel with the main party. That means we've still got a static main character and other party members, but you create your own self-image to travel with them. This is a fantastic move, if you ask us. Our reasoning is complicated, but if you're curious enough, we might type up a rant about it should it be requested. This character customization mechanism was actually used to create the main protagonist as well as over 1,000 NPCs.

Finally, gameplay. Level 5 indicates that, aside from the White Knight transformation, battles will play out similar to Rogue Galaxy. We've noticed a few subtle differences, though. Battles seem more organized in pacing, less "mash square and triangle" like RG often forced us to do. It was square and triangle, right? Been a while. What we really think was meant in this comparison was this: action-based RPG battles with seamless loads between battles and map-wandering. The crutch of a standard hard drive in the PS3 will help in shattering any sort of load times and we believe if anyone can pull it off, it should be Level 5. We'll keep you posted with more details as they arrive.

Thanks NamPaehc!

Thank the White Knight that we are getting information! I was getting afraid that this title was going to be pushed under a rug...

Doesn't seem like many PS3 titles ARE dissapearing.

I love the idea of Customizing a member of the party! Brilliant! I am so excited for this title. But I hate getting anticipated for games that are to be released in 2020.

Just a guess...

bread's done
Back