CheapyD and Wombat - I blame you for this!

You guys have been pimping the DS for quite some time and I finally broke today and purchased one from Amazon. I hope this is a good investment like you guys make it sound. On a side note, my video game addiction has caused me to max my 3rd credit card. lol

Dude u won;t regret it. I started off playing my friend's DS PHAT at work and I got hooked to the point I did no work for a day (seriously) good thing a month alter the DS lite was coming out and I got me a launch DS.. it was.. Deliscious lol.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']You guys have been pimping the DS for quite some time and I finally broke today and purchased one from Amazon. I hope this is a good investment like you guys make it sound. On a side note, my video game addiction has caused me to max my 3rd credit card. lol[/QUOTE]

May I ask what is the limits on your credit cards?

[quote name='racerman8']May I ask what is the limits on your credit cards?[/QUOTE]
LOL 200 bones max

[quote name='racerman8']May I ask what is the limits on your credit cards?[/quote]

Along with how old he is.

$4000 (to be fair $1900 of that was for my plane ticket to Brazil), $2000, $1500 and $2000 on Newegg.. but I never really bought gaming stuff from Newegg, just a few things. Mostly a new computer setup.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy'] On a side note, my video game addiction has caused me to max my 3rd credit card. lol[/QUOTE]

That's really nothing to be proud of.

Trust me, I am not proud of it. It was a nervous laugh. I will probably have to ebay some of the things I bought, otherwise all my paychecks will have to pay the interest rate, which isn't cool.

I suppose I don't need 5 dreamcasts anyways. lol

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']22.

$4000 (to be fair $1900 of that was for my plane ticket to Brazil), $2000, $1500 and $2000 on Newegg.. but I never really bought gaming stuff from Newegg, just a few things. Mostly a new computer setup.[/QUOTE]

Wow. This hobby is quite expensive when you own every console and handheld.

Well, wait until you and your wife both lose your jobs about a week after you close on a house and you cash out your 401K plan to pay your health insurance premium, all the while maxing out a couple of cards with FIVE figure limits....then talk to me.

On a happier note, all is much better on our job front, and we are beginning to slowly but surely pay down our massive debt. Ah, life....

[quote name='racerman8']Wow. This hobby is quite expensive when you own every console and handheld.[/quote]

Could be worse. Comic Book junkies can spend up to 30-40 bucks a WEEK. Not that I'd know...

[quote name='racerman8']Wow. This hobby is quite expensive when you own every console and handheld.[/quote]It can be but if you're like me and you're a multi-console gamer then you're always looking for the deals. CAG's have been around since way before the birth of the CAGsite and now we can all help each other out. It's come to the point where I almost never buy a full price game (especially this gen). With owning 2, 3 and up to six different gaming platforms there's always games you haven't played or beat that can keep you busy until new game prices drop to that sweet spot price.

As long as you keep in mind that gaming is your number one priority then you don't have to rush out and buy the brand new, expensive, full price hype disc (no matter how great it may be). The only blemish with this strategy is if you're a hardcore online multiplayer type of gamer. Usually those communities turn and burn with each new release but you'll always find the hardcore fans of that particular game playing online.

[quote name='Satans Magic Hat']Could be worse. Comic Book junkies can spend up to 30-40 bucks a WEEK. Not that I'd know...[/quote]Well I do know. :p When comics were really good (as good as they've been in a long time) I was spending easily $50-80 a week. Sadly they have tanked so bad lately I completely stopped getting a monthly pull list. I probably walk into a comic store once or twice within a year and usually just pick up a TPB or two with a couple comics that have cool covers. Mostly I'm in Borders or Barnes and Knobles to get my comic fix. Have even started trying Manga to see what that's all about. So far that's a bunch of MEH as well. Oh well, all of that extra time is now spent on gaming or working out or making my own comics. If there's nothing on the market that I want then I'm going to make what I'm looking for. :D

bread's done
Back