Spoiled CheapAss says - YOU PICK MY NEXT GAME!

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
I understand that there are people starving around the world scrounging at the ground for a grain of rice.

I am fortunate enough to not be one of those people.

I'm a gamer.

In fact... I am one of those people scrounging at the bargain bin for a grain of gameplay at less than a grain of a price.

Thanks to Cheapassgamer, ever since last summer, my "To Play/Finish" pile of games has amounted to a list of amazing (some not too amazing) games still waiting for a spin in their respective systems.

I just can't freaking decide.

I propose that YOU decide for me.

Simply take a gander at my list here...

Cubivore
F-Zero GX
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Resident Evil Zero
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Summoner: A Goddess Reborn
Viewtiful Joe
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Clock Tower 3
Dark Cloud 2
Deus Ex: The Conspiracy
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Dual Hearts
Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
King's Field: The Ancient City
Kingdom Hearts
Magic Pengel: The Quest for Color
Maximo vs. Army of Zin
No One Lives Forever
R-Type Final
Robot Alchemical Drive
Rygar: The Legendary Adventure
Silent Hill 3
Sky Gunner
The Getaway
The Mark of Kri
The Simpsons: Hit & Run
War of the Monsters
Armed & Dangerous
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
GUNVALKYRIE
Otogi: Myth of Demons
Panzer Dragoon Orta
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

The thing I need to figure out here is ORDER. As in... WHICH ORDER shall i play them in? I tend to hop back and forth not ever making any progress... and i need to catch up here people.

Please help me get my gaming life back on track.
I'm losing it people... i really am.
I. Need. Help.

Also...
The rest of my games (see link below) I have beaten... finished enough to satisfy them as complete in my book. It was after I looked at how huge this list got.. that i decided to ask for help.... and.... PLEASE help!
http://users.ign.com/collection/joystickz

otogi... kingdom hearts...
hmm... FFTA will definately be with me all week... so thats out...

i think by morning i will see what the majority says... and do as i'm told...
great suggestions so far...

I'd start with Mark of Kri. I've only played the demo, but it is supposed to be a good game, and you should be able to plow through it fairly quickly, giving you a decent sense of accomplishment, and the ability to shorten your list.

I'd say start with an rpg first since they are the longest and you can get some "filler" games in between that are a blast. I would start with kingdom hearts and alterante with Viewtiful Joe switching whenever you get tired or stuck in one (Viewtiful Joe is HARD too. So it is a good idea to put it down sometimes and play something else).

[quote name='guessed']I'd start with Mark of Kri. I've only played the demo, but it is supposed to be a good game, and you should be able to plow through it fairly quickly, giving you a decent sense of accomplishment, and the ability to shorten your list.[/quote]

Agreed, Mark of Kri is fun. I just got it and SkyGunner from EB used for less than $20. Great value.

[quote name='magilacudy']With Ninja Gaiden as your avatar Sn0brawler, one would think you would recommend an Xbox game =P[/quote]
I enjoyed Otogi but not as much as Viewtiful Joe. Im dying to play Gaiden, but Id like to remain impartial.

Reposting makes me want to give a top 5(The ones Ive played, I havent got a ps2 but im sure some of those are deserving):
1) Viewtiful Joe
2) Panzer Dragoon Orta
3) Otogi
4) Resident Evil 0
5) Crimson Skies

Yeah I hear Ninja Gaiden is all that and a side of curly fries. Maybe you should add that to your list joystickz.

Anyways, I just got Orta and Otogi, trying to put in equal playing time for both. My friend lent me his GC so maybe I'll try Viewtiful Joe. Might have to make my own playing order list

mmmmmm.... curly fries

As for a game I can recommend Disgaea and Rygar from your list as well, besides others that have been mentioned.

whatever you decide, do not play fatal frame 2. i hear that game is downright awful. an abomination. it actually makes you to never want to play games again. and in a few cases ive heard reports of impotence. you know what, i should take that game off your hands. and you know what else ill do it for absolutely nothing! whaddya say?

Metroid, take mine please. To think, i BOUGHT two copies, one to give away to charity. On second thought, I better burn both copies, just to be safe. Thanks for the heads up!

yep, i think this should be in lifestyles. anyway, im having a dilemma on what game to play next as well. you know what im starting to think (even if its hard on me) at this rate im definitely not gonna finish all of my still sealed games.

for me, the best thing to do is finish the latest game first, oldest game last..

I'd vote for Rygar first. A great game, and kind of short, so you'll be done with it and on to another one from your list before you know it. Besides that, the only ones from your list that I've played myself are War of the Monsters, and Simpsons: Hit and Run. Both were very good, but WotM is much more fun with another person.

I'd also go with Mark of Kri (I'm kind of partial as that is the game I'm currently working my way through). It's a great deal of fun and I hear it's not too long. That way you can shorten your list a bit. I'd either go with that or Viewtiful Joe, which is an absolute blast to play.

ok.... looks like this is the first four by popularity....

Viewtiful Joe
The Mark of Kri
Kingdom Hearts
Otogi

I'm serious about it... i'm locking myself down till they are done.
i have no money for spring break... and all the time to play straight through.

anyone disagree with this order?

[quote name='CODIAC']I should slap just for having that many games.[/quote]

i think you should. i blame cag..... i have a serious spending problem.

Start with Mark of Kri, as it's fun and can be beaten quickly. Whatever you do, though, don't follow up with Kingdom Hearts - you can't fully appreciate a game where you hit Disney characters with a key after you've just done a bunch of stealth-killing and impaling on spears.

I will also suggest The Mark of Kri. Short game, maybe 4-5 hours, and extremely fun. Just finished it, and I am ashamed I didn't find out about it sooner.

bread's done
Back