Wombat actually funny this episode

Kromax

CAGiversary!
Let me preface this by saying that I am not a Wombat hater. I find his insights into the world of video games to be valuable for the most part.

One of the things about the podcasts that I often find irritating is when Cheapy laughs at a bad Wombat joke. The laugh doesn't sound fake to me at all, so I don't think Cheapy is trying to appease Wombat's ego or anything. I think he genuinely finds Wombat to be funny. I don't think Wombat has said anything worthy of such a reaction in many, many podcasts. His retelling of the Major Nelson story was funny and he told it very well (even though Cheapy gave away the punch line too early). Strangely, Cheapy's laugh after the "I know" line sounded forced. Cheapy--THAT was funny. I loved the inclusion of the achievement sound. Priceless.

On a side note, I am inclined to believe Major Nelson's claim regarding his 100,000 listners, since I've talked to 97,000 of my friends, and they all tune in religiously.

[quote name='Memento']The Gideons Bible, which I read religiously.[/quote]
Cheapy has a pretty big laugh, the kind that can easily sound "forced". Not that there's anything wrong with that.

And Wombat has been "actually funny" for about 78 CAGcasts now.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']Cheapy has a pretty big laugh, the kind that can easily sound "forced". Not that there's anything wrong with that.

And Wombat has been "actually funny" for about 78 CAGcasts now.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the former statement, but we will have to agree to disagree about the latter. No forum wars for us, friend.

[quote name='Kromax']I agree with the former statement, but we will have to agree to disagree about the latter. No forum wars for us, friend.[/quote]

yea this aint gamefaqs...

I agree with SpreadTheWord, I often find Wombat humorous in every episode of the CAGcast.

What I find strange though, is that the latest one I didn't find Wombat all that funny besides the retelling of the Major Nelson story. I honestly thought Cheapy stole the spotlight in the humor department this time.

Wombat's remembering of "Monsterpiece Theater" did it for me this episode. It's not that Wombat isn't funny most episodes, it's that his jokes are usually hit or miss. This time I feel like they all hit.

bread's done
Back