Gamecrazy-mortal Kombat Unchained Psp New $9.99/nfl Blitz For 360-$9.99 New& More

pookninja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
just stopped off at my local gamecrazy in elkhart indiana to get some more 2 for $5 classic games,and the employee told me that they had a few new markdowns.
nfl blitz the league for xb360 brand new:$9.99
mortal kombat unchained for psp brand new:$9.99
billy and mandy for wii brand new:$19.99

Courtesy of Scorch:

iconds.gif
DS
Happy Feet....New $9.99, Used $7.99

iconpsp_r2.gif
PSP
Blitz: Overtime....New $12.99, Used $9.99
Mortal Kombat Unchained....New $9.99, Used $7.99

iconwii.gif
Wii
Ant Bully....New $9.99, Used $7.99
Happy Feet....New $19.99, Used $14.99
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy...New $19.99, Used $14.99

iconxbox360.gif
Blitz: The League....New $9.99, Used $7.99

iconxbox_r2.gif
Xbox
Fable....New $9.99, Used $7.99
Halo....New $9.99, Used $7.99

iconps2_r2.gif
PS2:
Tekken 5 Bundle....New $29.99 http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140587

Courtesy of Scorch:

iconds.gif
DS
Happy Feet....New $9.99, Used $7.99

iconpsp_r2.gif
PSP
Blitz: Overtime....New $12.99, Used $9.99
Mortal Kombat Unchained....New $9.99, Used $7.99

iconwii.gif
Wii
Ant Bully....New $9.99, Used $7.99
Happy Feet....New $19.99, Used $14.99
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy...New $19.99, Used $14.99

iconxbox360.gif
Blitz: The League....New $9.99, Used $7.99

iconxbox_r2.gif
Xbox
Fable....New $9.99, Used $7.99
Halo....New $9.99, Used $7.99

iconps2_r2.gif
PS2:
Tekken 5 Bundle....New $29.99 http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140587

Nice to see cheap Wii games, but check the reviews first. From what I've read, neither Ant Bully nor Happy Feet is worth it, even at those prices. Billy & Mandy might be worth it for some people.

Just FYI, I called Blockbuster and evidently, Blitz still gets $25 trade-in. If you can find one at GC for $7.99 used, that's a nice $17 turn-around.

hmmmm
i want one tekken 5 bundle!...:applause:
but i dont feel like driving 2 hours !!!! :whistle2:#
anyone wanna sell me one ??:whistle2:\"
wish they had a website ( they do but you cant buy anything ) :evil:

[quote name='erehwon']Is that just fable or is fable the lost chapters?[/quote]

Both games have the same UPC code in the back I believe so prices should be good on lost chapters.

Yes, all deals effective now. Thanks again for posting it, Guessed. Almost nabbed Ant Bully and Happy Feet, but Guessed saved me from wasting money :)

[quote name='CaoPi']Both games have the same UPC code in the back I believe so prices should be good on lost chapters.[/QUOTE]

The Overlord demo made me want to finally give the Lost Chapters a try. I'll see if any of the GCs around me have it. Thanks!

[quote name='deadite76']The Overlord demo made me want to finally give the Lost Chapters a try. I'll see if any of the GCs around me have it. Thanks![/quote]

sorry for the mistake wasn't lost chapters the extra content only found in the PC version? xbox platnium hits only provided a few extra on the original fable

[quote name='CaoPi']sorry for the mistake wasn't lost chapters the extra content only found in the PC version? xbox platnium hits only provided a few extra on the original fable[/QUOTE]
I think there is an xbox version of lost chapters. I'm really thinking that I should have picked this up when CC had the PC version for cheap.

Blitz is well worth it for $10.00, it might not be as arcadey as the older Blitz games but it's still entertaining nonetheless.

Yeah, Scorch, had these prices happened 2 months ago I probably would have gotten Ant Bully and Happy Feet, but I have 3 kids as an excuse ;). When Target had that selected store clearance I probably would have gotten those if I could have found them (but fortunately all I ended up with was the much better Chicken Little game for $10). But not now, not even with GC credit :lol:. If they had Barnyard at that price I'd probably get it, as that is semi-decent.

For anyone else considering, check these out:

Ant Bully, 45/100 avg on metacritic:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/antbully

Happy Feet, 46/100:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/happyfeet

To contrast, Billy & Mandy is an OK 61/100:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/grimadventuresofbillyandmandy

and Barnyard (which I'm waiting on sub-$20 for) is a 65/100:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/barnyard

FWIW, Blitz the League for 360 is at 69/100. I'm tempted to get that though I know I'll never make time for it. How is it for nerd points? Easy, hard?

Will BB give you your trade credit on a gift card type, or is it stored locally on their machines? I ask because my nearest BB is pretty strict about trading in multiple copies of a game.

[quote name='awp']Just FYI, I called Blockbuster and evidently, Blitz still gets $25 trade-in. If you can find one at GC for $7.99 used, that's a nice $17 turn-around.[/quote]

Got MK: Unchained.. not sure if i'll open it or return it this week when picking up RE4: Wii Edition..

[quote name='slidecage']saw unchain here BUT passed it up on amazon so passed it up again.[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend MKD:U, but you should only ever really play it off a Mem Stick, otherwise the game's loadtimes are just too brutal. This is pretty much true of all Midway published games on PSP.

Picked up Blitz for the 360 at the GC in Oak Forest, IL.
For ten bucks, I couldn't resist.
Thanks OP!

[quote name='shipwreck']Actually, his thread was first. :)[/quote]

That was my fault, not Scorch's. He told me first, but I was busy at work, and I didn't see the other post when I posted the list.

hmm.. load times are bad, huh. I don't know how to put games on the memory stick, and i'm not going to eat up a gig of mine just to play the game how it should be played..

[quote name='jer7583']hmm.. load times are bad, huh. I don't know how to put games on the memory stick, and i'm not going to eat up a gig of mine just to play the game how it should be played..[/QUOTE]

You would think that loading a portion of the game on the stick, to cut loadtimes, would be an option on pretty much every PSP game, like it is on PS3.

[quote name='awp']Just FYI, I called Blockbuster and evidently, Blitz still gets $25 trade-in. If you can find one at GC for $7.99 used, that's a nice $17 turn-around.[/quote]
Is this true?

[quote name='io']
FWIW, Blitz the League for 360 is at 69/100. I'm tempted to get that though I know I'll never make time for it. How is it for nerd points? Easy, hard?[/quote]

Not hard at all just time consuming. You can grab 100 or so pretty quick but the rest can be obtained by playing completley through career mode and a few online games. The games actually really fun, the 360 version has low scores because its just a port of an already year old Xbox/PS2 game, because its a port the graphics aren't great but they're solid.

Picked up Blitz 360 used for $7.19 with MVP. Thanks OP (and Scorch).

If anyone's looking for a game on Live, add me.

[quote name='jer7583']hmm.. load times are bad, huh. I don't know how to put games on the memory stick, and i'm not going to eat up a gig of mine just to play the game how it should be played..[/QUOTE]
You have to use custom firmware (have a modded PSP) in order to do this. The sizes of games vary greatly. I have some that are only 50-60MB (some puzzle games), some that are 200-300MB (things like Puzzle Quest, Wipeout Pure and Lumines, if I recall correctly) and some that are 1GB+ (Daxter, etc, plus everything in between. It's nice to be able to put the games on the memory stick partially because of the load times (although most of my games don't have bad load times) and partially because you can carry around several games on the PSP itself without messing with UMDs.

Just verified, used Blitz for 360 goes for $25.00 at Blockbuster/GameRush. Our local Gamecrazy is closing down (Escondido, CA)on the 16th, an I had $50.00 left over in credit, so I bought the four copies of Blitz and Daxter used plus a couple GBa games. They flipped them to Blockbuster for $100.00 credit(had to go to two different Blockbusters to get it done), and the kicker, the 2nd store still had the B2G1 deal so I wound up getting the following PSP games, I'll add this info to the Gamerush list for trade in values.

Metal Gear Acid 2-10
lumines 2-10
Neopets-Free
Godfather-$15
Syphon Mirror-DM-$15
Daxter-Free(I couldnt find another game)Free
WIpeout-$7
Hotshot Gold-$7
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast(XBOX)-Free

and I still have $32 in credit. Damn, thanks to the original poster.

Any chance at all of these being universal? I'd really like unchained, but don't have a GC or feel like going through the hassle of paying someone here.

So MK Unchained isn't so bad. The load times aren't good, but the actual game is decent, if you're an MK fan. It kind of reminds me of UMK3 in the fighting/combos, but 3D. The stage fatalities are fun. Easily worth $10.

Went to two Gamecrazy's today and neither had Blitz correctly marked, though each had both used and new prices. The employees at both stores were surprised when they came up so cheap. At my regular store they are always amazed that I know when they have price drops before they do. :lol:

Unfortunately the used copies were beat up to all hell and back. Seriously, what do people DO with their games??

I completely forgot about Ant Bully for the Wii though - that might be decent for credit at Blockbuster, should one want any. I really have no idea though. I really can't see any CAG's complaining if people flip that one ;).

Might have to dig MK: Unchained. Does Game Crazy accept Hollywood Video gift card? The back of the gift card says no but the faq on the website says yes.

bread's done
Back