Target Clearance Thread IX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3675 replies to this topic

#991 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:10 AM

Animal Crossing!? WOOOOOOO!!!! I knew my procastination would bare fruits.

11317.png

#992 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:17 AM

GameCube Animal Crossing - $13.98

#993 The Linguist

The Linguist

.5 man + .5 bear + .5 pig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:32 AM

I'm as pro "castination" as the next guy but keep your shorts on; nobody wants to see your bare fruits!

#994 atatpilot3

atatpilot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:40 AM

The stores in my area pretty much had the same collection of games already reported on endcaps and/or in carts. Plenty of copies of anything I'd want, so I'm holding off until they drop. The only thing I think I didn't see anyone report are the DDR sets. I've seen PS2, XBOX, 360, and standalone (think Strawberry Shortcake) DDR sets clearanced at several stores. All of 'em at 15%, if I recall correctly, so I'll keep an eye on that too.

#995 Chitown021

Chitown021

Blackhawks headed to the finals!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:52 AM

The stores in my area pretty much had the same collection of games already reported on endcaps and/or in carts. Plenty of copies of anything I'd want, so I'm holding off until they drop. The only thing I think I didn't see anyone report are the DDR sets. I've seen PS2, XBOX, 360, and standalone (think Strawberry Shortcake) DDR sets clearanced at several stores. All of 'em at 15%, if I recall correctly, so I'll keep an eye on that too.

I saw one of each of the DDR sets at my store tonight.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#996 MightySlacker

MightySlacker

RANCH! RANCH! RANCH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:31 AM

Forgot about that.

DDR Universe 360 bundle was 55.xx - 30% off 79.99

Dave
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

#997 Richard Longfellow

Richard Longfellow

Mr. Warmth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:25 AM

George is gettin frustrated...My Target shipped off all the clearance stuff before hitting 75% AGAIN. :bomb: !!!

I noticed the Nintendo brand Super Paper Mario guide went down by 30%.
"I renounce Verdukianism!"

#998 Arkay Firestar

Arkay Firestar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:28 AM

Got stalker at 14.98. If its still there at 7.98 later I'll rebuy and return the 14 dollar version.

#999 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:33 AM

Scarface Xbox is in the new 13.98 group as is Mario v Donkey Kong 2 March of the Minis for DS.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#1000 deadtrees

deadtrees

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:53 AM

The Cherry Hill, NJ store has several titles already mentioned, along with:

Splinter Cell: Double Agent (PS3): $41.98
Mario Party 7 (GC): $34.98 (one copy)

Most if not all their GameCube inventory is getting clearanced (SMS, Wind Waker, etc.).

#1001 Darkchaos91

Darkchaos91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:58 AM

Just picked up Killzone liberation on psp for $13.88. :D
Also thinking of going back for gun on psp for $20

#1002 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:55 PM

What do you guys mean by "as is"? Are these titles opened up and missing stuff?
I'd like to make a trip today to see what my local Target has.

#1003 Segasonic01

Segasonic01

Sonic Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:09 PM

The games are still sealed, idk why they're marked "as Is".

Found a 4X Gamecube card today for $2.37 :)

#1004 jaysapathy

jaysapathy

Drama Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:26 PM

You might want to do your research before saying things like that: COD4 is out on PC. :D
When your signature is bigger than the message you just posted, it's time to reevaluate things, people.

The wife and I have a running blog on our gaming finds: http://curse.arrogantloudmouth.com/

#1005 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:33 PM

They had loads of games on clearance at my local Target last night, but the prices were rubbish, and I'm not sure if they'll drop any further.

(Xbox 360)
NBA Homecourt - $29.98
Lego Bionicle - $14.98
N3 - $20.98
NHL 07 - $24.98
FIFA 07 - $24.98
Disney's Meet the Robinsons - $27.98
Call of Jaurez - $29.98
F4: ROTSS - $27.98
Shrek the Third - $17.98
FEAR - $20.98

(PC)

Stalker - $20.98 (I think)

Thats all I can remember, there's a few that might interest me but not at those prices.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#1006 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:33 PM

This has to be CoD2, as 3 and 4 were not made for PC in any way, shape, or form.

Too bad though....I would love to pick this up for $10, reminds me of the R6:Vegas when it first came out and some targets had it on clearance.

Didn't I just say that?!?!?

you sure call of duty 4 was not made for the PC in any shape or form?

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1181832841903

#1007 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:40 PM

The games are still sealed, idk why they're marked "as Is". :)

Short version: The item no longer scanned in the system and they made up a price.

Full Explanation: When an item drops to a certain percentage off (usually 90%), they are "salvaged" and sent to Goodwill. Shortly after, those items are removed from the system. During inventory, everything in the store is scanned to be counted. If an item that is no longer in the system is scanned, it comes up as "not on file". Rather than not count this item, the management team comes up with a price on the spot so it can be counted with the inventory. The item is marked with a red and white rectangular ticket that says "as is". These same tickets can be used on damaged items or multi pack sets missing pieces. As long as their sealed, you should be fine. And even if there is something wrong you can always return them.

Posted Image

Trade List: here

#1008 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:14 PM

Short version: The item no longer scanned in the system and they made up a price.

Full Explanation: When an item drops to a certain percentage off (usually 90%), they are "salvaged" and sent to Goodwill. Shortly after, those items are removed from the system. During inventory, everything in the store is scanned to be counted. If an item that is no longer in the system is scanned, it comes up as "not on file". Rather than not count this item, the management team comes up with a price on the spot so it can be counted with the inventory. The item is marked with a red and white rectangular ticket that says "as is". These same tickets can be used on damaged items or multi pack sets missing pieces. As long as their sealed, you should be fine. And even if there is something wrong you can always return them.

Funny thing that the target exclusive TRANSFORMERS PC game was about 2.9x something at my local target store 3 WEEKS after it came out with that red "as is" tag!!!! I bought the game on sale a few weeks back. I was thinking to myself how the hell did this happen? Yet now I go back to the store and bam, it's on the shelf still for 19.99... so how can something that's not in the system, get back in the system when it wasn't suppose to be out of the system in the first place!??!?

I think the pricing team screwed up big time..either that or they were transformers fans doing fans a service :P

#1009 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:46 PM

Target uses the as-is labels to sell both damaged merchandise and items they end up with that the store doesn't sell. They generally get the latter from mis-picks (and one or two other ways...) - something gets mis-packaged at the DC, so instead of a box of donuts they end up with Spanish-language DVDs. They need to use the as-is label because 1) the bar code won't scan as anything, 2) even if you stuck a normal bar code on it, there's nothing to sell it as that won't impact inventory, and 3) there's no where to put it.*

The thing is, sometimes bar codes on items the store is supposed to have still don't scan - the UPC that comes in isn't the one headquarters attached to the DCPI for the store. Some stores interpret that as a mis-pick and re-label the item. This happened to Rainbow-Six: Vegas for the PS3 when it came out. Other, smarter stores will print out their own bar code for the item, or better yet, tie the actual UPC to the Target DCPI (but not everyone knows how to do that).

*I think mis-picks are actually supposed to be sent back to the DC, but for various reasons, that often doesn't happen.

CokeCola explained the As Is the best.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#1010 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:50 PM

Visited two stores, same prices for everything you guys are reporting...only thing I saw new was Beatmania (game with controller) for the PS2 at ~ $20. Also C+C for 360 was ~ $30.

#1011 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:58 PM

All new drops @ 30% off:

DS Hotel Dusk
360 Eragon
PS2 Madagascar
PS2 Smackdown 2006
Wii Far Cry
Wii Metal Slug Anthology
And the big one:

360 Virtua Tennis 3
Posted Image
Now playing:

#1012 pochaccoheaven

pochaccoheaven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:39 PM

they had

PC;
stalkers 20.98

PS2;
rogue galaxy 27.98
beatmania [complete set like guitar hero] 20.98??
strawberry shortcake ddr game price???

DS;
club house games 20.98
touchmaster 20.98
megaman zx 20.98

xbox 360;
there were a few but most were sports
eragon??

psp;
gun price???

guides;
yoshi's story 2 [ds] 7.98

#1013 Popnmusic

Popnmusic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:17 PM

I saw these today:

PSP -

Field Commander - 13.98
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth - 20.98

#1014 jaysapathy

jaysapathy

Drama Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:19 PM

Godfather down to 4.98, other than that, there's diddly squat at the Orem, UT target. Wouldn't waste your time, unless you like sports games from last year. :D

Jay
When your signature is bigger than the message you just posted, it's time to reevaluate things, people.

The wife and I have a running blog on our gaming finds: http://curse.arrogantloudmouth.com/

#1015 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:25 PM

Saw the Chocobo game for the DS for 20 and Oblivion for the PS3 for 15. A stack of black label Bullys for the PS2 as well for 15. Impulse buy on Oblivion and Bully... both are to good of a game to pass up.

#1016 SNKMat

SNKMat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:28 PM

wowo

#1017 dogmanky

dogmanky

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:29 PM

Brentwood, TN Target.. I snagged a copy of XBLA Unplugged for $4.98 also.

#1018 Venent

Venent

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:30 PM

My Target had Def Jam ICON with the red and white sticker, but the cashier said it was the price on the sticker, $29.98. When I scanned it at the price checker, it didn't come up in the system. Is this the correct price?

#1019 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:39 PM

My Target had Def Jam ICON with the red and white sticker, but the cashier said it was the price on the sticker, $29.98. When I scanned it at the price checker, it didn't come up in the system. Is this the correct price?

Sounds like it dropped out of the system and was supposed to be pulled. I think they can check it with their little gun things and find out the last price it was dropped to. Whether you can get them to honor what the little gun says is another matter.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#1020 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:49 PM

The games are still sealed, idk why they're marked "as Is".

Found a 4X Gamecube card today for $2.37 :)

If it's third party don't bother using it, read this thread.