Target Clearance Thread IX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3675 replies to this topic

#91 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:15 PM

Every time I've checked a Target in the past few weeks, there's either been minimal clearance (one or two tycoon games for the PC) or nothing at all.

Gentlemen, I think we've hit a dry spell. :-(

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#92 mephitical

mephitical

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:25 PM

I noticed something today - all previous clearance, no matter what discount, was removed from my store. The endcaps were bare but appeared to be waiting for product. I don't think it was for clearance; I think there is a large influx of product at the start of the summer. If memory serves, they start to clear that out around August.

#93 Richard Longfellow

Richard Longfellow

Mr. Warmth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:06 PM

Every time I've checked a Target in the past few weeks, there's either been minimal clearance (one or two tycoon games for the PC) or nothing at all.

Same here on the east coast. Kind of a dead time for retail before the fall shopping season heats up.

#94 Richard Longfellow

Richard Longfellow

Mr. Warmth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:08 PM

I should really check my local Target, since they almost always have some of the clearance items, though I only still want that damned 'tourist book' from the San Andreas PC version. I don't even want the game, since I have it for both Xbox and PS2 already.

What's in that "Tourist Book"? Is it like an enhanced instruction manual? I always enjoy the artwork of the GTA world, but their manuals have been pretty skimpy in the past.

#95 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:36 PM

I'm no gentlman, but I have to agree. The Targets near to me are still wanting $39+ on games most of y'all have found clearanced out months ago. I enter the ASI number with all good hopes and... no joy. blah.

Same here on the east coast. Kind of a dead time for retail before the fall shopping season heats up.

Yup. I'm even seeing gardening supplies/outdoor stuff starting to be marked down. I guess they're beginning to make room for Back To School, but currently they have no BTS product to put on their shelves. *shrugs*

I'd be psyched about gettng new stuff for my gardens, but with the drought we have I can only water twice a week as it is... I'm not about to start planting new stuff when I can't water them enough for them to establish. Fiddle faddle.
gwensigol8.png

#96 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:10 PM

What's in that "Tourist Book"? Is it like an enhanced instruction manual? I always enjoy the artwork of the GTA world, but their manuals have been pretty skimpy in the past.

I believe so, as it also lists 'ads' for many of the businesses you run into in the world of San Andreas at some point or another. You know, the Cluckin Bells and such where you can have your character eat later on in the game.

I almost talked someone from an EB into letting me have the book, if they didn't find a disc only version of the PC game sitting in their drawer.

It is a very nice book, to say the least, which is why I so desperately wanted to find the PC version of SA from this clearance for $5.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#97 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:33 PM

Those little hand-held Game Gear clones had finally gone on clearance at my local target, the same ones that were $20 on Amazon for a bit.

Dropped from $50 to $35 which is still a bit pricey for me, but they had plenty so I shall await further drops.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#98 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:39 PM

I noticed something today - all previous clearance, no matter what discount, was removed from my store.

its time to check out the nearest Goodwill within the next 2 or 3 days.. ymmv though cause Goodwill sometimes will even jack the prices on the stuff they get from target.

#99 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:07 PM

I went to my Target today and not only did they not have a clearance area anymore they also had barely any PS2,Xbox,PsP,or Gamecube games ??????

#100 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:05 PM

Those little hand-held Game Gear clones had finally gone on clearance at my local target, the same ones that were $20 on Amazon for a bit.

Dropped from $50 to $35 which is still a bit pricey for me, but they had plenty so I shall await further drops.

These were all 50% off in the Livonia, MI Target today on Haggerty Rd.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#101 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:19 PM

Snagged the last Psyclone PSP speaker system at the Roseville, CA Target store this afternoon. I would have never paid $100 or even $50 for one of these (don't really know how much actual use it'll get) but for $25 I couldn't resist.

th_w03j81.gif  

#102 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:38 PM

Snagged the last Psyclone PSP speaker system at the Roseville, CA Target store this afternoon. I would have never paid $100 or even $50 for one of these (don't really know how much actual use it'll get) but for $25 I couldn't resist.

Me too. Turning my future PSP into a mini entertainment center for 24.98 isn't bad at all. Not to mention the thing is friggin huge.
There's also a bunch of shitty handheld and TV games that I didn't feel like typing up.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#103 atatpilot3

atatpilot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:14 AM

I know we've been getting this quite a bit lately, but I figured I'd toss in my recon anyway: total clearance futility. Hit up three Targets (searching for SW: Battlefront II at that $4.98 price), and found nothing but stacks of the WoW trial disk (50% off) and the boxed demo of Medieval II: Total War for $4.98. :roll:

Hopefully we'll see some happier hunting soon!

#104 CGH

CGH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

beatmania bundle $29.99

#105 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:36 PM

beatmania bundle $29.99

That's been the price for a while.

#106 ddrisgood137

ddrisgood137

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:15 AM

Any word on whether GBA games are getting clearanced out or not?

#107 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:10 PM

I was in Dallas yesterday and came across Chicken Little(wii) on an end cap with other cheap games. I decided to scan it and it rang up $0.00. I missed out on a clearance copy at the Target in Clarksville, so I was excited when I saw the $0.00. Surprisingly the cashier looked up the last price, which was $9.98, and gave it to my wife for that price. I've had other employees give me the last listed price, but for every nice employee there are three that screw you; particularly management.
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#108 Kfoster1979

Kfoster1979

Fanboys Suck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:30 PM

Same here I messed around with it a bit it sounds good and all but I have a feeling it will be on eBay or a trade list soon.

[B]3DS FC 1977-0174-5552
Follow me on Twitter
Posted Image

#109 sallyballs

sallyballs

Yes...that really is him

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:09 PM

Quick heads up for the North Jersey CAGs. Hackensack Target had two WoW Burning Crusade Collectors Edition marked down to 34.96. They are on an endcap by the DVDs. They were there as of 15 minutes ago.

#110 ScottsUSERID

ScottsUSERID

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:24 PM

its time to check out the nearest Goodwill within the next 2 or 3 days.. ymmv though cause Goodwill sometimes will even jack the prices on the stuff they get from target.

My target reguarly give goodwill all it's clearence stuff after one 15% drop. Then goodwill take it and jacks it up to retail - or get this - above retail price.

#111 humidore

humidore

Posted 23 June 2007 - 01:38 AM

My target reguarly give goodwill all it's clearence stuff after one 15% drop. Then goodwill take it and jacks it up to retail - or get this - above retail price.

I saw a Medieval Total War II box at Goodwill with a "$8.99" sticker and almost popped a boner right there....luckily (or not), i noticed it was the demo.

#112 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:55 AM

beatmania bundle $29.99

It used to be $23.99 at my Target. Now the one left is $29.99. Wtf!

#113 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:07 AM

It used to be $23.99 at my Target. Now the one left is $29.99. Wtf!

There was a 20% off sale that took effect on everything 29.99 I think.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#114 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2007 - 04:31 PM

Man it's been forever since I've been able to find video games in the clearance section of my Target. About 6 months ago I nabbed some DS titles for about $5 but I really haven't seen anything since. I hope the rumored GBA clearance hits my store soon. They still have a whole case dedicated to it.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#115 gorgo

gorgo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:03 PM

Not a game, but I picked up the Disney Legacy Collection "Lands of Exploration" clearanced for $6.26. I probably don't want it, but figure it's good trade fodder.

#116 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:25 PM

I got Killzone at my target for 3.80 something a few days ago. Its the only non PC game I've ever seen on clearance there in about three years.

#117 reibeatall

reibeatall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:28 PM

I was in Dallas yesterday and came across Chicken Little(wii) on an end cap with other cheap games. I decided to scan it and it rang up $0.00. I missed out on a clearance copy at the Target in Clarksville, so I was excited when I saw the $0.00. Surprisingly the cashier looked up the last price, which was $9.98, and gave it to my wife for that price. I've had other employees give me the last listed price, but for every nice employee there are three that screw you; particularly management.

What part of Dallas?

#118 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:26 PM

I went to the Target nearest my house today. Nothing on clearance, and not a sign of any GBA price drops.

Most of the Targets here still have a lot of GBA games, including the older Pokémon titles. There's a lot I'd like to get when it drops, but I don't think anyone here has seen that happen yet. If it wasn't for the fact that the memo was confirmed multiple times, I'd call bullshit. I wonder when or if we'll see this sale? :-k

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#119 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:23 PM

Today at my Target, I saw a 20 games in 1 portable handheld that plays Sega Genesis and Master system games on a 2.5 inch screen for $24.98. It was originally $50. Didnt get it though. Hopefully it goes down more.

#120 soonerdoc

soonerdoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:51 AM

Today at my Target, I saw a 20 games in 1 portable handheld that plays Sega Genesis and Master system games on a 2.5 inch screen for $24.98. It was originally $50. Didnt get it though. Hopefully it goes down more.

saw one of these in okc....coleco branded machine...plays genesis games