• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3675 replies to this topic

#121 dave auto

dave auto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:01 AM

saw one of these in okc....coleco branded machine...plays genesis games

Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down there, cowboys. This Coleco-branded plug n' play contains a collection of Sega Master System and Game Gear games; it's a strictly 8-bit affair. Those seeking Genesis games need not apply.

#122 HyundaiJVX

HyundaiJVX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:06 AM

For the dude who was in Dallas I totally know what you mean. Zoo Keeper kicked my ass for so long, I kept going in every couple days, picking it up and finding someone "new" and trying to get it for cheap. Most of the time people would scan it, see $0.00 and call the manager who wanted to charge $20, finnally one day the lady looks it up somehow and says "Oh, this is $3 wow!!" and rang it up. That was at the north Irving store. And I didn't even hide the damn thing, I would leave it on the same endcap with the other games.

#123 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:17 AM

For the dude who was in Dallas I totally know what you mean. Zoo Keeper kicked my ass for so long, I kept going in every couple days, picking it up and finding someone "new" and trying to get it for cheap. Most of the time people would scan it, see $0.00 and call the manager who wanted to charge $20, finnally one day the lady looks it up somehow and says "Oh, this is $3 wow!!" and rang it up. That was at the north Irving store. And I didn't even hide the damn thing, I would leave it on the same endcap with the other games.

I got lucky the last time I had a "0.00" clearance game. I took it to the pharmacy counter and bought it with a perscription I was picking up. The Pharmacist rang it up and asked me "Did you happen to see how much this was?" I told him $5 and he said "OK, sound good to me."
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#124 Richard Longfellow

Richard Longfellow

Mr. Warmth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:46 PM

Usually if you ask them to "check the last price" they can find the 75% or 90% markdown price. They use a particular scanner model to look up price history of merchandise, even if it's currently out of the system. Not every employee will have access to or know how to use that scanner, but somebody in the place will.

Target is usually pretty good about making the extra effort for a customer...unlike Walmart or Kmart where you get the employee who's on his perpetual "staring at the wall wishing he was dead" break. I'm not saying Target employees don't wish they were dead too, but they're better trained in hiding it. :)

#125 atatpilot3

atatpilot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:24 PM

I went to the Target nearest my house today. Nothing on clearance, and not a sign of any GBA price drops.

Most of the Targets here still have a lot of GBA games, including the older Pokémon titles. There's a lot I'd like to get when it drops, but I don't think anyone here has seen that happen yet. If it wasn't for the fact that the memo was confirmed multiple times, I'd call bullshit. I wonder when or if we'll see this sale? :-k

I was thinking the same thing the last few times I went through Targets. Personally, I can't feature the Targets in my area clearancing their GBA stuff any time soon just because they have plenty of space. The whole idea seemed to be that they'd be moving the GBA stuff out in favor of the DS stuff, but that only works if space is limited. When I pop into a Target and see an empty display case between the GBA section and the DS section, I know they've got no reason to move that stuff cheep.

#126 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:33 PM

I was thinking the same thing the last few times I went through Targets. Personally, I can't feature the Targets in my area clearancing their GBA stuff any time soon just because they have plenty of space. The whole idea seemed to be that they'd be moving the GBA stuff out in favor of the DS stuff, but that only works if space is limited. When I pop into a Target and see an empty display case between the GBA section and the DS section, I know they've got no reason to move that stuff cheep.

Exactly. The thing is, I can't imagine it's still selling well at this point; the flow of new titles has pretty much stopped and they've had the same kid-oriented games, crappy value titles, and a few good titles (Nintendo and the Final Fantasy games, mainly) in the case since last Christmas. Right now, there really doesn't seem to be a need to clear them out to make space, but I think they're bound to clear them out sooner or later.

Who knows? Maybe we'll have to wait until the fall, when more new games start shipping.

I've also got to wonder if they're going to be getting rid of the last gen games anytime soon. Aside from the endcap Greatest Hits games, my Target stores don't have much of anything left for the GameCube and a mediocre selection at best for the PS2 and Xbox. Even with backwards compatibility, I'd think that the demand for those games would have dropped off as well by now. I can't imagine they'll be cleared out, but I can dream...especially since I still want Mario Strikers and Mario Baseball, and can't afford $30 each right now. :)

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#127 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:33 PM

Exactly. The thing is, I can't imagine it's still selling well at this point;

I think the GBA was about 1,000 units shy of outselling the PS3 last month. I'm sure someone more informed could throw out the actual numbers. So it still sells pretty well.

#128 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:42 PM

I think the GBA was about 1,000 units shy of outselling the PS3 last month. I'm sure someone more informed could throw out the actual numbers. So it still sells pretty well.

Considering how badly the PS3 seems to be doing, I'm not sure if almost outselling it is something to brag about or not. ;)

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#129 super_nerd

super_nerd

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:19 PM

Considering how badly the PS3 seems to be doing, I'm not sure if almost outselling it is something to brag about or not. ;)

The PS3 isn't doing badly, it's doing quite decently considering it's doing better than the ps2 ever did, even with the hefty price. Sony really sucks at handling PR, bunch of dicks I'd say. For a gimpy GBA to sell this consistantly is a bit suprising to me, over in Japan they sell like...3 a week.

Enough about that, I visited a Target and...it was all clean and arranged perfectly, wtf?! No goodies either, must find another Target!

edit: Rofl, i meant Target, not Kmart...

#130 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:18 PM

FWIW, Nintendo Power dropped GBA and GC from their new release calendar saying very few new titles were coming out. I just thought that was interesting considering GBA is still a popular platform.

#131 FunkyDoRight

FunkyDoRight

DudlyDoRight w/ funk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:21 AM

ChromeHounds for the 360 is $14.99 at my Target. Picked up a copy only two left.

#132 4tygames

4tygames

Cover Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:11 AM

Same thing happened to me last March at a Target in Dallas (Skillman and Northwest Hwy) with Viewtiful Joe for the DS. The employee said to take another game with the $0.00 Viewtiful Joe to the cash register and you will be charged for whatever the other game is worth. Every other DS game was $14.99. I spent the next 15 minutes trying to find the cheapest game when I stumbled upon a $9.99 PSP UMD Movie. So I got Viewtiful Joe DS for $9.99.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#133 Jedi1979

Jedi1979

Mobster Kitties!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:50 PM

just scored a very weird deal at my Target...Rainbow Six Vegas for the PS3 for $29.96:hot: ...it had one of those As-IS tags on it and it was still factory sealed and was the only one there...i would think this was a mistake on somebodys part...this game literally just came out last week
Posted Image

#134 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:55 PM

just scored a very weird deal at my Target...Rainbow Six Vegas for the PS3 for $29.96:hot: ...it had one of those As-IS tags on it and it was still factory sealed and was the only one there...i would think this was a mistake on somebodys part...this game literally just came out last week

Don't ask questions, roll with it. Good find!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#135 Jedi1979

Jedi1979

Mobster Kitties!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:56 PM

Don't ask questions, roll with it. Good find!

lol, i couldnt get to that call button fast enough:lol: since it was still in the display case

edit: i just compared the tag number to the online site...and it has the same DCPI number...and on the reciept its states TGT.COM 10 along with 241102084...is it possible that it was an online order that was returned to the store?
Posted Image

#136 Nemo_Hyde

Nemo_Hyde

Retired Gentleman Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:37 PM

Just picked up the Age of Empires Collectors edition jewel case for $5.

AOE1 & 2, plus expansion packs for both games.
"It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged" -G.K. Chesterton

#137 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:42 PM

Yea maybe thats why they had as-is sticker on it

Formerly known as slickkill77

#138 Kojubat

Kojubat

Not a Pokémon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:53 PM

If anyone was eying anything in the Dollar Spot, my local Target was at the 50% clearance mark this morning. Picked up a few things I know won't last the weekend until the next drop (AA and C batteries, and a handful of Simpson's items for my brother-in-law).

#139 TehTriggerman

TehTriggerman

Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:11 PM

ChromeHounds for the 360 is $14.99 at my Target. Picked up a copy only two left.

Something to keep an eye out for. Ill snap onw up for that.8-)

Megami_Tengoku_II_PC_FX_Banner.jpg

#140 Nemo_Hyde

Nemo_Hyde

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:07 PM

DoW Gold finally went on clearance at my store - $12.xx

Toy clearance has started, FYI, and sorry for the OT. 2 store near me are on different markdowns... the one that had toys 50% off for the most part had some of the MOVIE transformers marked down already! nothing that actually transforms, but hte unleashed figure of Bumblebee... funny thing is the "car-cass" on which he is standing looks an awful lot like a burned out VW beetle...

FWers are drooling over the bwing lego set, ringing up $18-24. No video games though.

#141 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:18 PM

DoW Gold finally went on clearance at my store - $12.xx

Toy clearance has started, FYI, and sorry for the OT. 2 store near me are on different markdowns... the one that had toys 50% off for the most part had some of the MOVIE transformers marked down already! nothing that actually transforms, but hte unleashed figure of Bumblebee... funny thing is the "car-cass" on which he is standing looks an awful lot like a burned out VW beetle...

FWers are drooling over the bwing lego set, ringing up $18-24. No video games though.

Dawn of War Gold? And don't apologize for the OT, I love adding the other Target deals and management seems to be A-Okay with that! B-Wing as in Star Wars? And can you remember other specific Transformer toys?
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#142 Nemo_Hyde

Nemo_Hyde

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:22 PM

Yes, nice big star wars b wing set. Was $24 at my target, other was sold out. Some of the other non SW legos are clearanced, esp Bionicle.

Transformer battlers (rockem sock em knockoff) and the mini optimus prime die cast set (that does not transform) was on clerance - that one was a target exclusive.

OH! and in the TOYS section the Air hogs RC plane flight simulator for the PC is 50% off at $5. Target exclusive. Nice touch thouh is it includes a ps2-styled USB game controller that probably works on any windows game....

#143 io

io

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

Damn, Star Wars lego sets are on clearance now?? I'm gonna check that out - I can get those and stash them away for my son for Christmas. You know, Christmas the cheap-ass way!

#144 Nemo_Hyde

Nemo_Hyde

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:30 PM

Damn, Star Wars lego sets are on clearance now?? I'm gonna check that out - I can get those and stash them away for my son for Christmas. You know, Christmas the cheap-ass way!

Yes, I spent all day shopping today and didn't get any freelance writing done :(

Spent $100 at 2 targets. The b-wing is the only Star wars set I saw, though, or heard about. Polly Pockets are widely on clearance, too.

I think we are now set for at least 2 years of christmases and birthdays for our 4...

#145 roguejedi5

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:59 AM

Nice that the Legos Star wars are getting clearance, now I can pick up some b-day and xmas presents early.;)
And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me. --- Bruce Wayne

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. --- Ferris Bueller

#146 monkeydeew

monkeydeew

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:03 AM

pirates monkey was 75% off but i dont remember the price

#147 Hockey37

Hockey37

Hockey Player/Coach CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:05 AM

Picked up the Lego Ferarri for $20 today. Had several of the B-Wings as well.

#148 Richard Longfellow

Richard Longfellow

Mr. Warmth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:33 AM

I saw some decent quality youth footballs and basketballs marked down 75% too. So stop by the sporting goods endcaps.

#149 Mugen Power

Mugen Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:39 PM

Picked up the Lego Ferarri for $20 today. Had several of the B-Wings as well.

Which Ferrari set was this?

#150 autche

autche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:50 PM

The pirate's monkey was $4.98 at my local target I believe (Definitely $4.9X). Damn is that monkey annoying!