- - - - -

Target Clearance Thread IX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3675 replies to this topic

#2011 mephitical

mephitical

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:06 PM

DO NOT CALL! THIS WILL CORRECT THE PRICE EVEN FASTER!:roll::roll::roll:

This is a misconception. Calling a local Target will not speed up a price correction. At least, not any more than buying the game would. Call and save gas money and the ozone layer - the deal will end when it ends because of a flood of interested people, not because you distracted Minimum-Wage Joe from rubbing his fingers on the digital cameras in the glass case for a few minutes.
I get a ton of Wii points from Points2Shop for free. I bet you wish you did too.
Gaminglagoon.com is called gaminglagoon.com.

Posted Image

Dr. Mario Rx Online: 2237 3076 4051 Mario Kart Wii: 4897 - 6380 - 1885 (PM me if you add me so I can add you)

#2012 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:06 PM

Headed out to check the one near my house. Will report back.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#2013 JDUB X

JDUB X

CAG 2.0 GET!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:13 PM

One store I called says that they have 5 in the system but they can not find them.

took my number and said they would call me if they find them. They said the listed price was $9.99
Posted Image

#2014 mephitical

mephitical

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:13 PM

Please keep bumping this thread so that it can be copied to SD and FW as quickly as possible.

bump

The ASIN is B000RF7164. Since this does not appear to be in any store's inventory, this probably won't be of any use, but you can try this link by replacing the x's with your zip code.
http://www.target.co...e=xxxxx&fresh=1
I get a ton of Wii points from Points2Shop for free. I bet you wish you did too.
Gaminglagoon.com is called gaminglagoon.com.

Posted Image

Dr. Mario Rx Online: 2237 3076 4051 Mario Kart Wii: 4897 - 6380 - 1885 (PM me if you add me so I can add you)

#2015 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:14 PM

The UPC is not on file at store level!

Ok, I give up, call, ask staff, bring the error up to as many staff members as possible and Please keep bumping this thread so that it can be copied to SD and FW as quickly as possible.

Wow...

#2016 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:15 PM

I don't think it's on clearance at all.
Yesterday, 3 Targets (different formats) had this game on an endcap within a cardboard shelf unit and 4-5 other games, shelf tags showed all for $29.99
But, Ghost Squad's UPC is not in the Target POS system just yet.
Hence, not on file and the various prices that have been reported.
I think by Monday's download, this will be fixed - now that all the boards, including ours with this EXTRA thread have posted (see the Target thread) - sigh...so get there now...before the price is entered!

Popcap Games still hasn't been fixed after about a month. Some Targets here have put a UPC sticker over the original odd looking UPC for it to ring up properly, but most haven't. Otherwise it will NOT ring up with ANY scanner period and I had a smart cashier who typed in the number to get the item. Ghost Squad appears to have the same problem although I haven't looked to see if the UPC looks odd like Popcap. I've also seen Splinter Cell DA and Tony Hawk Project 8 both for the 360 with UPC stickers that look like the $20 Virtua Temmis 3 and Monster Madness, but they rang up out of system.

A lot of times when I've had a game ring up out of system the cashier will look for a price on the item like a clearance sticker, they may use a hand scanner (which in this case won't work either) and if I have a second clearance game for the same system they off to sell if for the price of the other game. I've thought about buying a clearance game at 75% at 7.48 (like Eragon or NCAA 07) and Popcap and then return Eragon later, but I don't know if Popcap is worth it since I already have one of the 4 games from live unplugged I got for 4 at Sears. Maybe if I could match it with a $5 Blitz. There are Wii games at 75% off if they've hung around so someone could try it with Ghost Squad.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#2017 jesta2817

jesta2817

Pocky = Orgasmically good

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:17 PM

none at the one at glendale az

#2018 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:18 PM

bump

The ASIN is B000RF7164. Since this does not appear to be in any store's inventory, this probably won't be of any use, but you can try this link by replacing the x's with your zip code.
http://www.target.co...e=xxxxx&fresh=1

It says no one has any.

None of the stores around me even know abot Ghost Squad.

#2019 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:26 PM

none at the one at glendale az

Which Glendale, AZ one? 35th Ave and the 101? I'm gonna try a couple in Phoenix and Scottsdale and see what they have. Glad to hear there's a fellow AZ CAGer out there :)

#2020 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:43 PM

Florence, KY no Ghost Squad. :cry:

Assload of NBA NHL 2K7, couple NBA Street PS3 all PS3. 2 Shivering Isles PC $5.48? and couple other crappy things.

Also tried scanning the UPC I posted earlier and it showed as not in the Target system. I got the UPC from Ebays automatic listing thing at the top of game auctions so I can only assume it's right.

#2021 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:50 PM

FINALLY FOUND SOME.
The manager said 29.99.
?

#2022 Chitown021

Chitown021

Blackhawks headed to the finals!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:53 PM

FINALLY FOUND SOME.
The manager said 29.99.
?

Did it ring up out of the system and that's the price the manager decided to charge for it?

Once they take the item out of the computer it becomes a crapshoot. I had luck at my Target about a year ago with this. I grabbed a couple of DS games that rang up OOS. I got lucky and the pharmacist (I was there picking up a prescription for my wife) let me name the price. He asked me if I saw how much it was. I told him it came from the clearance endcap and others over there were $5. He said ok, punched in $5, and I was done.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#2023 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:58 PM

Did it ring up out of the system and that's the price the manager decided to charge for it?

Once they take the item out of the computer it becomes a crapshoot. I had luck at my Target about a year ago with this. I grabbed a couple of DS games that rang up OOS. I got lucky and the pharmacist (I was there picking up a prescription for my wife) let me name the price. He asked me if I saw how much it was. I told him it came from the clearance endcap and others over there were $5. He said ok, punched in $5, and I was done.

He said it rung up like that.

#2024 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:01 PM

Just got back from the Milford Expressway Target with a copy of Ghost Squad for $12.46.

Took it up front to a cashier and when it didn't register in her system she took it over to the Customer Service desk and came back with the $12.46 price. Definitely going to be a huge YMMV on this one.

There was a NBA Street Homecourt (360) that scanned at $14.98 at that location too. I left that one there.
Posted Image

#2025 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:08 PM

Mine never got Ghost Squad in, so i'll save myself the mileage.

Why the sudden focus on this, though? It's been like this for a week or so now.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2026 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:13 PM

Mine never got Ghost Squad in, so i'll save myself the mileage.

Well, mine just got Ghost Squad in very recently, so I'm guessing that's the case with a lot of Targets and why this is of sudden interest.

Plus, after playing the copy I got my brother-in-law for Christmas this quickly climbed my list of buy when I see it for under $20 games.
Posted Image

#2027 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:15 PM

Just got back from the Milford Expressway Target with a copy of Ghost Squad for $12.46.

Took it up front to a cashier and when it didn't register in her system she took it over to the Customer Service desk and came back with the $12.46 price. Definitely going to be a huge YMMV on this one.

There was a NBA Street Homecourt (360) that scanned at $14.98 at that location too. I left that one there.

nice price!
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#2028 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:18 PM

Because it was posted on some other website and got it's own thread for a while. It's just like some of the deals from KMart/Sears/CC/etc that get their own thread for a while. Not everyone checks the clearance threads constantly.

#2029 von551

von551

Place Is Dead Anyways...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:34 PM

The 1600 XBL cards that are clearanced are the blister-packed versions. Most (if not all) Targets are switching to the giftcard style (similar to the XBL game cards) because they don't hold any value until they're scanned at the POS.

If you find the blister-packs, it's worth checking the price.

oh, ok, cool thanks. my target (mission valley, san diego, ca) is the #13 highest volume store in the nation. it's only less than the supertargets. which is both good and bad. supply runs out quick. guess i won't be finding them at mine...

#2030 zzl365

zzl365

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:57 PM

Found a couple of Ghost Squads at the gaithersburg target.... They show "Item not found" or whatever when I take them to the scanner, and the price on the shelf says 29.99 (no clearance sticker on the game) .... I'm guessing they would charge me 29.99 if I were to try and buy it, but I didn't try.

#2031 Frosty The Batman

Frosty The Batman

Luv that dirty water

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:06 AM

I found Meet the Robinsons for 360 and Metal Slug Anthology for Wii for $2.46 each as is at my Target. They weren't in the system anymore. Last ones as well.
Returned my MSA to C.C.

6041.png

#2032 DrNo888

DrNo888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:25 AM

Just got back from Sunnyvale, CA Target. Item didnt scan so I went to the front registers. Stood in the Express lane with about 5 people in front. Took about 10 minutes. WTF???
Scan didnt take so she called Electronics. They told her $39.99. I was like "WTF?". Guy on the phone then changed to $29.99. Said no thanks and left.
There was absolutely no games on clearance there.
=========================
Posted Image

#2033 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:28 AM

My pleading offer still stands on the Wii Ghost squad - anyone who feels generous and is getting it for $7/$12 I would happily pay $15 plus shipping. I've checked three Targets here and the only clearance games are Shadowrun for PC and a ton of Godfather.

On Topic: Godfather for what system and at what price?
Off Topic: I MAY be able to get a Ghost Squad, especially to trade for Godfather on 360.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#2034 elmyra

elmyra

King of the Road

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:46 AM

I got a couple of Ghost squads for $12.48 each. They came up as not in the system, but other games on the endcap display (which had a giant $29.99 sign over it) rang up as $12.48, so they gave the Ghost Squads to me for that price. I also got a copy of GRAW for the 360 at $14.98 (it was in the system at that price).

#2035 unforeseen

unforeseen

Crime Scene Investigator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:56 AM

Ghost Squad already got a drop??? I bought it a few weeks ago for $20 at Best Buy.

#2036 hordak

hordak

Rockin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:37 AM

Just came back from two Targets empty-handed --- Strangehold and GRAW2 for PC are holding strong at $24.95

#2037 garethcs

garethcs

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:45 AM

Just picked up

:ds: Magical Star Sign $7.48,
:ds: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin $7.48 and
:ps3: Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom $12.48

from the Dadeland, Fl store.

They had Ghost Squad but it showed up as out of system and they offered it to me for $29.99. Same thing happened with :ps3: Def Jam Icon.

#2038 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:44 AM

I picked up Ghost Squad tonight for $12.46. It had one of those "As-Is website item" stickers, with a barcode right on the price sticker.

Another game that was out of the system (and a possible website only item) was Prince of Persia: Rival Swords for the Wii. I asked the cashier if he'd give it to me for $12.46 also but he said that was up to the pricing team so I left without it. Please note I encountered this game at 3 different Targets as "item not found."

Also, I saw The Godfather for the Wii at $24.98 at two different Targets.

#2039 JDUB X

JDUB X

CAG 2.0 GET!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:52 AM

Hit up the Target and found 5 Copies of Ghost Squad

All Scanned as "Item not found" I could not get the Employees to sell it. They also took the other 4 copies off the shelves.

This is a huge YMMV of the OMG variety.
Posted Image

#2040 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:19 AM

I just picked up Lord of the Rings: BFME2 for $7.48 at the recently opened Super Target in Rowlett, Texas off of 66.

They had about 15-20 copies for $14.98 a week ago, and now I picked up the last one to sell to one of my friends (for just cost) so he can join the rest of our group.

There was also a lot of Tony Hawk Proving Ground for $29.98, so hopefully I can snag one of those when the price comes down.