Photo
- - - - -

Anyone still playing the good ol' Xbox? What games are you playing?

• Please log in to reply
473 replies to this topic

#391 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:46 AM

Just getting to Vice City? I didn't start losing interest until San Andreas. The xbox versions are so much better due to controls and graphics. It's so nice to actually be able to read street signs unlike on the PS2.

Man, I have a sealed GTA trilogy. I never really got excited by the GTA hoopla, but saw the trilogy clearanced at CC a long time ago for $14 and I couldn't pass it up. Someday, someday ...

#392 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:22 AM

Just getting to Vice City? I didn't start losing interest until San Andreas. The xbox versions are so much better due to controls and graphics. It's so nice to actually be able to read street signs unlike on the PS2.

A good thing about being behind on the games is I get to play technically superior versions like you pointed out. Not being able to rotate the camera stinks though.

My backlog is at 194 games, no joke. I just now bought my first game in about a year, Madworld for $7. It will be a long time before I get a Wii but for that price, why not.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-The Office season 8
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#393 MrE

MrE

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:25 PM

While I'm not playing it at this exact moment in time. Phantom Dust is what's in the box. I still need to beat Morrowind too. 194?! Eep! And I thought I was bad. :P

#394 TheCapn010

TheCapn010

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

A tale of souls and swords eternally retold...
SOULLLLL CALIBURRRR, TWOOOOOOO

#395 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:37 AM

A good thing about being behind on the games is I get to play technically superior versions like you pointed out. Not being able to rotate the camera stinks though.

My backlog is at 194 games, no joke. I just now bought my first game in about a year, Madworld for $7. It will be a long time before I get a Wii but for that price, why not.

Can't rotate the camera, really? Thought you could, but it's been such a long time since I played any GTA. After hearing friends rave about Madworld, I got it for 18ish used as GS. One of the few games I've spent 10+ on and it's interesting, but I didn't get into it very much. Wish I had gotten it for 7 too as it's in my massive backlog. I have so many that I have some in boxes on a closet waiting to be played. Probably as many as you. Sometimes I see a good deal like getting two games for $5 at the BB B1G1 and I can't even remember if I have it or not. That's bad.

Best looking game on the og. 720p is beautiful even though it's only 4x3! This game looks better than lots of 360 games. I've probably put months of time onto SC2.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#396 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:39 PM

Any CAGs included in the group still playing Halo 2? :lol:

http://www.gamespot....ws/6260513.html

Let's go Pens!

#397 streetninja

streetninja

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

I've been playing ESPN NFL 2K5 ever since it came out, but I have a couple of games I want to finish. Both games are from BioWare, but I think I might only finish Jade Empire, because I don't think KOTOR aged all that, I know the twist, and I liked KOTOR2 more.

#398 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:09 PM

Any CAGs included in the group still playing Halo 2? :lol:

http://www.gamespot....ws/6260513.html

Now they're hardcore. :D

#399 TLFerrill

TLFerrill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:49 AM

i still have my xbox because i could never sell it, it was "mard hodded" so i played like every game ever for that thing.

"Build a man a fire, he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life."

Scope my Tradelist Turkeys!http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=258903

#400 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:47 AM

I feel like I got a split personality on these: I've got Soul Calibur on Dreamcast, Soul Calibur 2 on Gamecube, and Soul Calibur 3 on PS2. Most of what I remember playing has degenerated to Ivy whipping things *spin spin spin spin*

#401 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:27 PM

Panzer Dragoon Orta

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#402 Sychophantom

Sychophantom

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:39 PM

Every once in a while I play GTA: San Andreas in mine.

Known elsewhere as The Reverend Menagerie.

The new SoulXchange.org Sell your soul, what else is it good for?

#403 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:20 AM

I feel like I got a split personality on these: I've got Soul Calibur on Dreamcast, Soul Calibur 2 on Gamecube, and Soul Calibur 3 on PS2. Most of what I remember playing has degenerated to Ivy whipping things *spin spin spin spin*

LOL -- I have the exact same breakout (though I also have SC2 on Xbox). I haven't picked up SC4 though. I'm not that into the SC series anymore. To be honest, I feel the game has almost not evolved at all since 2. 3 was clearly a result of Sony paying Namco for an exclusive :-)

#404 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:09 AM

I've been playing through Jade Empire again recently and I suddenly want a sequel really bad. It's a great game, but man the combat really blows at times.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#405 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:08 AM

To be honest, I feel the game has almost not evolved at all since 2. 3 was clearly a result of Sony paying Namco for an exclusive :-)

Kinda with you there. The AI in SC4 is either an idiot, or a cheating whore, not much of a balance there.

I recently finished up each story mode for every character in SC4 on :360:. Now going back to finish weapon master mode with Link in SC2 on :gc:, while starting my campaign with Spawn in SC2 on :xbox: this after wrapping up SC3 on :ps2: many years ago.

Soul Calibur 4 does have a nice roster of selectable characters; but Rock and Lizardman? wtf?! padding material. SC4 has a nice and wide variety of non-playable characters, but I have no idea how to recreate them identically in character creation mode.

It's definitely good to see the growing roster after each reiteration.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#406 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

I've been playing through Jade Empire again recently and I suddenly want a sequel really bad. It's a great game, but man the combat really blows at times.

Power saw to the people! Awesome avatar.

Kinda with you there. The AI in SC4 is either an idiot, or a cheating whore, not much of a balance there.

I recently finished up each story mode for every character in SC4 on :360:. Now going back to finish weapon master mode with Link in SC2 on :gc:, while starting my campaign with Spawn in SC2 on :xbox: this after wrapping up SC3 on :ps2: many years ago.

Soul Calibur 4 does have a nice roster of selectable characters; but Rock and Lizardman? wtf?! padding material. SC4 has a nice and wide variety of non-playable characters, but I have no idea how to recreate them identically in character creation mode.

It's definitely good to see the growing roster after each reiteration.

I need to finish up SC4. . . Spawn is awesome in SC2. Still haven't played 3 that much. I don't quite see how Rock and Lizardman are padding. Lizardman, while a variant of Sophitia, has been in the series since Calibur 1 on DC when he was unlockable after playing for a certain amount of time. And I've been playing Rock since Soul Blade on the PSX. We wore that game out. Rock and Taki are my best characters. I'd rather drop a Rock variant than Rock himself.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#407 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:56 AM

I haven't played an original Xbox game in years, however I just received Aggressive Inline the other day through Goozex and have been playing it a bit. I forgot how much fun the Acclaim "extreme" sports titles were. I may have to snag a copy of Dave Mirra 2 one of these days now.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#408 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:07 AM

I played a lot of XBox games over the summer. I played through Tony Hawk 2X, Tony Hawk's Underground, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, SSX Tricky and am working on Rallisport Challenge 2 and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 now.

#409 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:24 AM

Links 2004 and hopefully Beyond Good & Evil next.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-The Office season 8
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#410 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:22 AM

Madden 09.. So much fun.. Fantasy Challenge makes this game better than any PS3/360 version of madden

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#411 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:02 PM

After falling head over heels with Splinter Cell: Conviction, I've thought about booting up the old Splinter Cell games (I have the first three on XBOX) -- but something tells me I'm going to be disappointed ;-)

If the SC games don't do it, I might go back to the PoP trilogy or Fatal Frame 1 and 2 -- never played those (My FF2 is still sealed) -- problem is my lack of time. Odds are I'll start and never finish. :-(

#412 L0sther0

L0sther0

Pick me Pick me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:16 PM

Kotor 1 & 2 and Jade empire are next on my play list once i finish Mass effect 2 and halo reach. i also really want to get back to Full spectrum warrior
Posted Image

#413 dark-star

dark-star

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:41 PM

I just picked up Freedom Fighters, mainly because it's 720p resolution and I wanted to see what the ol' box was capable of in HD. Of all the dozens of other games I have, none of them were > 480p. Supposedly it's a pretty good game besides...

#414 BriGuy27

BriGuy27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:43 AM

Almost done with Splinter Cell: Double Agent. I think I'm going to play KOTOR 2 next.

#415 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:32 AM

I just picked up Freedom Fighters, mainly because it's 720p resolution and I wanted to see what the ol' box was capable of in HD. Of all the dozens of other games I have, none of them were > 480p. Supposedly it's a pretty good game besides...

Soul Calibur 2 is 720p and awesome looking. Strangely it is only in 4x3 despite being in 720. Still awesome. Freedom Fighters was pretty good. I'm starting up on the Brothers In Arms series. Just started Road to Hill 30.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#416 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:25 PM

I keep going back to KOTOR 1 and 2 like a crack addict.

#417 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:16 PM

My son played Halo 3, does anyone think I should buy Halo or Halo 2 or are they too old already and maybe he will not enjoy them? Do you think they are worth playing? I am going to pick up the new Halo reach for him.
Smile

#418 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:32 PM

My son played Halo 3, does anyone think I should buy Halo or Halo 2 or are they too old already and maybe he will not enjoy them? Do you think they are worth playing? I am going to pick up the new Halo reach for him.

I actually enjoyed the original two more than the third game. Then again, I played them both when they first came out in order. Halo 1 is my favorite but he might find it a bit simplistic compared to the third game. I liked Halo 2 for the online features but those are now long gone. They are cheap enough though, so it's not a horrible way to spend some cash.

#419 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:21 AM

For anyone playing KotOR II: How are the performance issues on the original Xbox?

I've been trying to go back through on the 360 and the framerate slows to single digits in basically every single damn fight so I'm just wondering if it'd be worth it to dig out the old Xbox instead.

Thanks in advance!

#420 digitalturtle

digitalturtle

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:53 AM

It will be Jade Empire as soon as it arrives and ShenMue