One Toy's R Us in Chicago Closing down

Elriciii

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just stopped by today and found the game section to be pretty full except the DS and PSP sections were all gone. game section was 20%off all games 50%off all accessories, the rest of the store was 25 to 50%off. they had a good supply of new releases so 49.99 20% discount would be 39.99. the store officially closes in mid july i believe.

Location Grand ave & Narragansett by Brickyard Shopping Center in Chicago.

Just wait till it gets closer to them closing, usually stores will drastically mark down products a few weeks before they close it.

omg time to find out where the hell that is! thanks for the tip! i'll go when it's closer to closing, methinks.

it's on the westside. I can see why that one is closing down though, it's the oldest business in the brickyard. It was there when they had the mall. The brickyard really fell off though. I should go and get a XBOX LIVE starter kit. It should be some really good deals later on this month though.
I thought you were gonna say the one by my school, Lane Tech was closing. I would of went there tommorow.

[quote name='c']omg time to find out where the hell that is! thanks for the tip! i'll go when it's closer to closing, methinks.[/QUOTE]

Using Fullerton as the E-W cross street makes it easier to find I think since it's more recognizable. It's located at the NW corner of Fullerton and Narraganset on the west side of the city. Narraganset is a mile east of Harlem Ave if that helps.

Could anyone give an exact adress? I've tried the locator on the TRU website and haven't been able to come across it. Without MapQuest, I'm worthless.

i can't find the exact address for the TRU but i was able to get the address for the sportmart right next door.

SportMart
6420 West Fullerton
Chicago , IL 60635

This is nearing a month old, but I thought a bump wasn't totally out of the question. Any Chicagoland CAG's stop by this store? Has it closed yet? If not, I'm thinking of taking a trip up there. Hopefully, they have something left.

i just got back from there today and they're having 70% off now. tomorrow is the last day.

there's nearly nothing left. i did manage to pick up stuff every day since it's on my way home from work.

yup. all games are 70% off.

from what i remember they have mostly gba videos such as this:

GBAVIDEO_POKEMON_ForHoHoTheBellTollsboxart_160w.jpg

They had about a dozen THUG Remix for the PSP going for $15 a piece. I got me a couple.
Feel the Magic for the DS is $9. They have a ton of Final Fantasy I & II for gba going for $9 and FF: Crystal Chronicles for $15.

Yeah I went Sunday. Nothing was really left in the store. FF DAWN OF SOULS was there. Picked it up for 12 bucks, along with a madden 2005 strategy guide. I think this thursday is the last day. Other than FF Tactics, really nothing worthwhile.

Quick question, did they have other games there (like new releases) going on sale earlier?

passed by there today and they had hand written signs that said "store closed" i guess that ends the era of toys r us at the brickyard.

back to the topic, there was a few semi sorta new releases :) :

psychonauts
enthusia
yoshi touch & go

bread's done
Back