• Please log in to reply
2046 replies to this topic

#1051 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:54 AM

Got Uncharted complete and mint for $15 last week

This week I also bit on a Flip camcorder for $40, passed on a complete xbox karaoke revolution with mic, and a disc/case Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast for xbox

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1052 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

Thread started for the 2009 year here
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=217019

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1053 riddler

riddler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:30 AM

anyone know any pawn shops that sell games around irvine/oc?

#1054 ryoga79

ryoga79

Old Skool Cagger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:50 PM

made a HELLUVA haul today. Total spent: $38.49

Got the following:
The Office season 1 BBC version $3
The Office Season 2 BBC Version $3
One Upon a Time in China Trilogy $3
The Mummy Legacy Collection (minus slip cover) $3
Sanjuro Criterion dvd original release $3
The Hidden Fortress Criterion dvd original release $3
Seven Samurai Criterion dvd original release $3
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed xbox 360 $15

Last week I got (from the same pawn shop I got Left4Dead for $20 a month or more ago):

NGC Super Smash Brothers Melee $4
NGC Super Mario Kart Double Dash $4
NWii Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess $13
Games playing: Left 4 Dead2, Blur, Pokemon HeartGold
Wants: More cheapass blu-rays, hd-dvds & 360 games

DVD Collection
HD-DVD Collection
Blu-ray Collection
Game Collection (what's not in storage)
Trade List
Posted Image

#1055 ryoga79

ryoga79

Old Skool Cagger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:42 PM

Back at my favorite pawnshop in the past few days, and have picked up both Saints Row 2 and Call of Duty World at War for 360 for $15 each.

I love that pawnshop.
Games playing: Left 4 Dead2, Blur, Pokemon HeartGold
Wants: More cheapass blu-rays, hd-dvds & 360 games

DVD Collection
HD-DVD Collection
Blu-ray Collection
Game Collection (what's not in storage)
Trade List
Posted Image

#1056 Dreamcastguy

Dreamcastguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

There are a couple of pawn shops that I go to on a regular basis.

Let's see I got the greatest hits version of FF7, Orge Battle PS and Dragon Warrior for $7 each a while back. I also got the triple pack of Hitman for $5.

However, the other day the guy who works in the pawn shop was complaining that he didn't want to buy a mint Xbox with cords and controllers for more than $10. So the dude selling went outside and offered it to me for $20. Then the pawn shop owner went outside and started bitching at me...

So I guess the pawnshop guy was just trying to do a hard buy with the Xbox seller. I don't understand why he got mad at me though. I spend a lot of money in that place and I wasn't trying to buy stuff from his customers! The Xbox seller offered it to me because it really seemed like the pawnshop wasn't interested in it. I dunno. It's a pain dealing with pawnshops sometimes.

I also went to what was probably the very first garage sale the other day and got a model 2 Sega Saturn (power cord only) and a Gameboy Advance SP (without charger cable) for $15. Pretty good deal? The Saturn is in decent shape and works well enough.

#1057 guyinga

guyinga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:45 PM

Got a sealed copy of Infinite Undiscovery for $15 at a pawn shop this morning

84668.png

POEman553.png

#1058 Guest_eastshore4_*

Guest_eastshore4_*

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:01 AM

Found some great games, but had to pass:

-All 3 Castlevania DS games
-Rondo of Swords
-Legend of Kage 2
-Ninja Gaiden DS
-Another Atlus game that is escaping me at the moment

They were all priced at $19 each, since I was going to buy quite a few I asked if they could knock it down to $15(which personally I thought was fair), but the guy said "no can do, I just put them out here for sale". Unforunately, they seem to tell me that everytime I go there... it kinda ruins the fun of shopping at pawns if they're never willing to haggle. Anyways I passed, normally I cave in to their prices but dammit I'm making a stand!

Speaking of which, I noticed an interesting thing... it's kind of like all of my local pawns have sort of flipped the script when it comes to deals. This pawn used to sell all of their PS2 games at $5 a piece, but now they hesitate to go below $10, wheras another local pawn used to stick with a B2G1 at $12 each price but now they do $5 each or 5 for $20. This happen to anyone else?

Edited by eastshore4, 22 April 2009 - 03:20 AM.

#1059 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:15 PM

I got a copy of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 for PS2 in prisinte mint condition complete for $6.99 :D

Two of my best finds were Earthbound for $4.99 and 2 Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne Guides for $2.00 apiece!

Another pretty good one I had was a stack of PS1 games all complete for $20 (Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon, Hoshigami, Resident Evil 2, FF: Anthology, FF: Chronicles and Ogre Battle) :D

Edited by ZxT Vendetta, 28 April 2009 - 05:51 PM.

#1060 chimpster1313

chimpster1313

Cleveland Sports Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

Did pretty good today, would have done better if I'd had more money on me. Walked into a pawn shop and saw a bunch of games, mostly commons and duds, and then in the 360 section, amongst more commons and duds, were 3 PRISTINE condition copies of the following games

Street Fighter IV
Resident Evil 5
Left 4 Dead (which I already have, so this one didn't matter)

I took SFIV and RE5 up to the counter and asked how much. The guy said $20 a piece (which is fucking unbelievable as is), but all I had was $15, so he said he'd let me have one of them for $15. I took RE5 with almost no hesitation, and was on my way. I might stop back there in the next few days/weeks and see if they get anything else new like that in. He looked at the release dates for both games, saw they were new, and STILL said $20 a piece. Consider me floored.

The lesson: Don't be afraid to CIF at pawn shops (if it's within a couple bucks of an already amazing price).
Posted Image

#1061 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:34 PM

Not really an amazing deal but today I got:

:ps3: Skate 2 (Marked $35)
:br: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - SEALED (Marked $15)

Asked the guy how much for both and he said $40, so I paid and left happy :bouncy:

Been looking to get either Skate title for a decent price, and Goblet of Fire is the only Harry Potter movie I didn't already have

#1062 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

Found some great games, but had to pass:

-All 3 Castlevania DS games
-Rondo of Swords
-Legend of Kage 2
-Ninja Gaiden DS
-Another Atlus game that is escaping me at the moment

They were all priced at $19 each, since I was going to buy quite a few I asked if they could knock it down to $15(which personally I thought was fair), but the guy said "no can do, I just put them out here for sale". Unforunately, they seem to tell me that everytime I go there... it kinda ruins the fun of shopping at pawns if they're never willing to haggle. Anyways I passed, normally I cave in to their prices but dammit I'm making a stand!

Speaking of which, I noticed an interesting thing... it's kind of like all of my local pawns have sort of flipped the script when it comes to deals. This pawn used to sell all of their PS2 games at $5 a piece, but now they hesitate to go below $10, wheras another local pawn used to stick with a B2G1 at $12 each price but now they do $5 each or 5 for $20. This happen to anyone else?

Both of the local pawn shops by me are run by the same people somewhat and I've noticed that unless I get the one guy who's been there from the start they won't go any lower on prices EVER.

I actually got into a bit of an argument with the one clerk at the further one the one day when I came back in to try and sell a few things I had lying around.

I asked if they could go any lower on the PS1 games they had left, since the other local pawn was doing them for $2 each. I was told no and then I remarked how they had a shitton of PS2/Xbox titles on the wall, to which the clerk replied 'yeah no one seems to want them'.

I was a little annoyed by their being so inflexible on the PS1 prices, so I shot back that it's because they're all priced higher than Gamestop and have no guarantee on them.

Honestly, the local pawns have 'buy*sell*trade' on their business cards AND signage, yet I've never seen them do a single 'trade' in the entire time they've been open.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1063 Ace_Defective

Ace_Defective

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:33 AM

Today I got a mint copy of :gc:Super Mario Sunshine, and a not so mint :gc:MarioKart: Double Dash complete with bonus disc. I payed $5.00 each.

#1064 Sinnbox

Sinnbox

Garage-sale/Thrift KING!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:13 PM

My pawn has not had any good stuff lately, but friday i did manage to buy a wii for $100 and then sell it for $150 to the game store down the road!!

#1065 Ace_Defective

Ace_Defective

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

Today I got a near mint copy of :xbox:Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for $5.00.

#1066 PINKO

PINKO

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

I got a complete copy for Left 4 dead for $15 bucks at my local pawn shop
WANT A FREE XBOX LIVE 48 HOUR CODE PM ME I HAVE OVER 300

#1067 jaysapathy

jaysapathy

Drama Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:07 PM

Saw a good condition RE2 GC at a local pawn. Guy wanted $5 for it. If I'd had any cash on me, I would have picked it up.
When your signature is bigger than the message you just posted, it's time to reevaluate things, people.

The wife and I have a running blog on our gaming finds: http://curse.arrogantloudmouth.com/

#1068 kidray666

kidray666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

Ico complete 4.99 yesterday at my local pawn shop

#1069 camelking6969

camelking6969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:42 PM

Picked up gow2 and streetfighter 4 for 12.50 ea today
[url=ign.com]

#1070 Segasonic01

Segasonic01

Sonic Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:05 PM

Colosseum: Road to Freedom for $9.99 today

#1071 AEJustin1

AEJustin1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

I picked up the following yesterday:

:360: Gears Of War 2 $9.99
:360: Fallout 3 $9.99
:dvd: Harold and Kumar: Escape From Guantanamo $3
:br: Star Wars: Clone Wars (Sealed) $5.99

got all of it for only $27.86 I almost fell on the floor when I saw Fallout for $.9.99 :hot::hot::whee:

#1072 Saintevil

Saintevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:09 PM

I picked up :360: Tales of Vesperia(complete and mint) and :360: Call of Duty World at War(no instructions, cracked case) for $9 each at a local pawnshop.

#1073 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:10 AM

I picked up the following yesterday:

:360: Gears Of War 2 $9.99
:360: Fallout 3 $9.99
:dvd: Harold and Kumar: Escape From Guantanamo $3
:br: Star Wars: Clone Wars (Sealed) $5.99

got all of it for only $27.86 I almost fell on the floor when I saw Fallout for $.9.99 :hot::hot::whee:

Nice fucking haul dude. My local pawnshop only has old crappy Ps2 titles that are ridiculously overpriced. Not to mention they hiked up the prices on SNES titles. They act like they are all rare :roll:

Yea, I've been looking for a copy of MNF!!!!!!:roll:

#1074 AEJustin1

AEJustin1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:15 AM

went back today and got GTA IV on PS3 for $12.99 and The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray for $5.99

#1075 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:42 PM

my sisters boyfriend sold his xbox 360 elite to the pawn yesterday for $80. He paid about $350 for it during the christmas season. I kept telling him he could get WAY more for it on craigslist but he didn't believe me. I should have bought it off him to flip but it was too late. They said if he wants it back he has to pay $110 within 30 days because he left one of his games inside the tray.

just how the wheel turns i guess
Posted Image

#1076 steve_k

steve_k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:03 PM

I live in Houston, Texas, and NEVER have any luck at pawn shops! They are all over the place, and they never have anything good, and when they do, it is usually priced just a couple of dollars below retail. What really kicks me in the ballsack is when I think I find a great game for a steller price and when I ask to take a look at it, I see the game disc has been cracked, mutilated, or includes a game disc that does not match the box art! I don't know why pawn shops carry discs that look like they went through a garbage disposal. Don't they inspect their stuff before they buy it, and don't they take care of what they buy? Obviously not. I don't understand it. It's not always a disappointment, though. I did find Halo 2 for $5 in like-new condition while Best Buy was carrying it for $10. Everyone here who posts finding Final Fantasy 7 for a couple of dollars is extremely lucky. I rarely have that kind of luck.

Has anyone here from Houston had any pawn shop luck?

Here's an example:

Call of Duty: World at War for Xbox 360 with disc and manual, $15 (can negotiate to include tax)
I open the case, and the disc has a deep scratch and probably will not play. I point it out to the pawn shop employee, show them the deep scratch, and explain it will not work, and what does she do? She puts it back under the glass case with the rest of the games so some other sucker will buy it!

#1077 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:01 AM

You have to wonder sometimes, at the price you're getting it at, what price the seller was when they sold it. I mean, trading into GS and getting the cash option might be better in many cases from what it looks like.

Nothing to see here, move along!

#1078 Guest_eastshore4_*

Guest_eastshore4_*

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:21 AM

The playstation gods truly favored me this weekend. They told me "my son, u R e"

FF7 GH - $5(seriously I've been looking for over a year for this and when I finally DO find one it's the day after I buy it on the PSN)
Tomba! - $5
Tomba! 2 - $3
Resident Evil 1-3 $5 each(all black label!)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert

I also managed to find some other less notable PSX titles: Doom, Mega Man 8, Mega Man X4, Toshinden 3, and Reloaded al for $3 each.

Not pawn related, but if that wasn't enough I also found a BRAND NEW PSone at a nearby FYE. They had them locked in a cabinent and forgot about them. Got one for $50! The manager approached me when I was walking out(I was expecting her to accuse me of stealing or something) but instead she thanked me for buying the system since apparently they were having a hard time selling it and now she's sending me "a bunch of old PS1 games I have rotting away in my basement". If that wasn't enough, at the pawn where I got RE 1-3 and C&C, ANOTHER woman took notice and offered to give me here old PS1 and N64 games! Sounds totally BS I know, but trust me it's true. Not PS1 games, but I also got Sega Bass Fishing 2 and System Shock 2 for $3 each as well!

This weekend is defnitely my second favorite pawn experience of all time, right behind my great Neo Geo score.

#1079 Sinnbox

Sinnbox

Garage-sale/Thrift KING!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:51 PM

well, Last week I was sad because the ATF shut the local pawn down for selling guns to fellons, but today it was back up and running but with federal agents watching. I tried to get the owner to break apart a 360 bundle so i could get the wi-fi dongle, but had on luck.

#1080 Nirvanaguy777

Nirvanaguy777

All Hope Will Someday Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:00 AM

I recently got a new bass at my local pawn shop for 125, haggled him down. Its an Ibanex SR300F fretless electric (of course). They usually got for 200 plus and its mint so I'm quite pleased.
Posted Image
David Post
Currently Playing: Persona 4 and Starcraft 2.