Tales from the Pawn Shop(s)!

• Please log in to reply
2032 replies to this topic

#1621 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:05 AM

I walked into a Pawn Shop I don't generally go into, and these guys have everything literally priced at GS prices (Assassin's Creed II for $17.99, f****g Black Ops at $55).

I caught some games that hadn't been priced yet, and I saw LA Noire! There were some other games there too, so I asked about them instead of LA Noire. They went to the computer and two minutes later they told me Dance Central was $49.99.

After that, I asked someone else that looked less tech savvy, and she did the same thing when I asked about some FIFA game they had. $49.99 too (I think it was the newest one?)

Heck I'd be willing to do $20 for LA Noire, but knowing them they'd charge about $49.99

#1622 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

A month ago I saw a gamecube for $8. I passed on it, came back a day later and it was gone.

#1623 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:49 PM

I picked up a complete SH3 for $3 a week or two back ;P

I've got one already actually :bouncy: It's just the principle of the thing! :hot:
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#1624 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:05 AM

I'm in pawn shops all the time delivery crap, I wish I had the time to take a look around.

-Note to self, Punch in break while your in there, you might get lucky.

#1625 beaus27

beaus27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

All of my pawn shop finds, were found in great condition. Disc are either not scratched or lightly scratched and all appropriate dics were available. Cases are not broken or cracked.

On my birthday one year, I found a black version of FF7 for $3.99, but no manual.

One the same day, I found a black FF8($3.99) and a GH Silent Hill($7.99) at two different pawn shops.
I have found a factory sealed copy of Front Mission (PSO) for less than $5 but passed on it.
A working black Gameboy Micro $20.
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (PSP) $10
Call of Duty: Wafare Moblized (DS) $10
WarioWare:Smooth Mooves $15. This was when Gamestop starting charging $40 for a used copy.

#1626 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:19 PM

Dante's Inferno disc only for the xbox for $2 (decent enough condition), Street Fighter IV arcade stick (the regular one) with the box and all the little stuff that comes with it for $40 out the door, and just yesterday I found Fear 3 for the PS3 for $10 out the door, I think I saw Killzone 3 there, but since the manager was there the guy said that I'd have to wait until today, so I'll go by there and pick that up too.

#1627 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:25 PM

my local pawn shops are terrible now. all of them are basing their prices off of "online" prices. A used copy of mw2 for 39.99? no thanks.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1628 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

I stopped in a somewhat remote pawn on Saturday and was excited to see SNES games, except they had priced them 'based on ebay'.

Why can't people understand that if they want ebay prices they need to sell on ebay?

I highly doubt that the yellowed SNES they had priced at $90 was based on ebay, though.

#1629 tiggerkiddo

tiggerkiddo

wants your blood...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

Do not understand this basing the price off ebay. I haven't seen that in any of the pawn shops in town or the surrounding suburbs (Denver), probably because they know it won't fly. On a separate and more appropriate note, I saw a gold Zelda DS Lite at a pawn shop but it was for 90...alas. I'd love to get it but I'm not sure if it's worth it at that price.

#1630 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:38 PM

don't you guys know that if its priced a dollar or two less than gamestop's used price you're getting one heck of a deal?!?!?!?

lol

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#1631 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

Mine use to have some awesome deals until they started checking ebay and got a guy that actually knows about games before that they had Resident Evil 5 2 weeks after it was released for 15 bucks. They got Brink around 2 weeks after it was released and it was 30 which wasn't that great of a deal. They price about every ps3/360 game for 15-25 anymore. If its newer its around 30. Use to be 20 at most for a game and I could usually get it for 15 bucks if it was priced for 20.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#1632 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:03 AM

don't you guys know that if its priced a dollar or two less than gamestop's used price you're getting one heck of a deal?!?!?!?

lol

I was in one PS yesterday and kind of grimaced at the prices and the guy took offense, telling me that they have great prices, half off the local walmart price! Sheesh.

#1633 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:24 AM

I don't see the ebay pricing either, and there's been a mass dumping of PS2 at the two stores that charge 3/$10 on last gen stuff. Picked up Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1 and 2 for 3.33 each :D

Posted Image

#1634 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood mint for xbox for $10 and another copy of Dead Space 2 with the online pass and the DAII code for another $10.

#1635 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

Donkey Kong Country Returns $10 :0

Posted Image

#1636 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:22 PM

Hit the jackpot today

Store 1: Resident Evil 2, 3, Code Veronica X and Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes for the Gamecube (the resident evil's are far more rare on gamecube, even code veronica); $12 for all 4.

Store 2:
CoD WaW for PS3, Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 GOTY out the door for $15. Good day.

#1637 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:53 PM

Went back to pick up DCKR mentioned above and found Super Mario Sunshine (PC), Mario Party 7 with the mic (BL), and Animal Crossing with the memory card (PC) for 3.33 each. Now I have some complete, good condition copies I can trade out for BL coverarts I find down the road at GS.

Nice find on the GCN Resident Evils. I've been keeping an eye out for them but only have 1.

Posted Image

#1638 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:56 PM

I got Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 yesterday for 9 bucks. Seems to be a good price after I checked ebay/used games at amazon.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#1639 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:51 AM

Went back to pick up DCKR mentioned above and found Super Mario Sunshine (PC), Mario Party 7 with the mic (BL), and Animal Crossing with the memory card (PC) for 3.33 each. Now I have some complete, good condition copies I can trade out for BL coverarts I find down the road at GS.

Nice find on the GCN Resident Evils. I've been keeping an eye out for them but only have 1.

Somehow I managed to find all 3 GCN RE games at like $8-$10 each at a half price books. Usually they watch like hawks for uncommon stuff they can mark up like that.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#1640 tiggerkiddo

tiggerkiddo

wants your blood...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:18 PM

Final Fantasy 6 (gba) for 6 bucks. Now to see if it works. They also had Darkstalkers for the PSP for 8 but I figured I could find it cheaper elsewhere.

#1641 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:16 PM

Picked up FF9 and Anthologies for 1.99 each at a local shop a few days ago. Perfect since my gf wanted 9 and anthologies for a while now.

Nothing to see here, move along!

#1642 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

Found a 60GB backwards compatible PS3 for $100 ($108 total), not bad I'd think, and now I can go getting those PS3 exclusives I've been wanting.

#1643 tiggerkiddo

tiggerkiddo

wants your blood...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

Interesting day:

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Final Fantasy Tactics
Bushido Blade
Super Smash Brothers
Pokemon Stadium

#1644 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

Found a 60GB backwards compatible PS3 for $100 ($108 total), not bad I'd think, and now I can go getting those PS3 exclusives I've been wanting.

Seeing as you got it at that price, you might as well swap out the power supply to the cooler running one, replace the thermal paste, and get a bigger hard drive. You'd still be under $200, and it would run cooler, last longer, and have plenty of space for installs (I have a 60GB too and game installs fill it up faster than you'd think).
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1645 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

I know I am setting myself up for failure but I would love to walk into a pawn shop and find New Super Mario Bros and NSMBWii for like $5 bucks haha.

#1646 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:26 AM

Picked up Duke Nukem 64 and Super Mario RPG for $10 total today.

Also, picked up a 3DO with 30 games, two controllers, and a flight stick, for my company's vide game library. I paid $150 for that, but it ws totally worth it considering all 30 games are complete and the flight stick alone is worth $50-$60 on eBay. Plus, one of the 30 games was "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties" which is totally priceless due to it being the worst game EVER.

#1647 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:18 PM

ps3 controller (non DS3) Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2, Infamous, and Metal Gear Solid 4 for $30.

#1648 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

I know I am setting myself up for failure but I would love to walk into a pawn shop and find New Super Mario Bros and NSMBWii for like $5 bucks haha.

A man can only dream...

#1649 DeadStranger

DeadStranger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:36 AM

Star Wars Kotor 2- 5
Mega Man legends- 3

#1650 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:33 PM

Picked up Duke Nukem 64 and Super Mario RPG for $10 total today.

Also, picked up a 3DO with 30 games, two controllers, and a flight stick, for my company's vide game library. I paid $150 for that, but it ws totally worth it considering all 30 games are complete and the flight stick alone is worth $50-$60 on eBay. Plus, one of the 30 games was "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties" which is totally priceless due to it being the worst game EVER.

Omg have you seen the Angry Video Game Nerd episode for Plumbers Don't Wear Ties? It's pretty hilarious. That game looks so damn awful. It's like watching a bad movie like Birdemic. It's sooo bad you have to watch, or in this case, play the game.

SteamWidget.PNG