2042 replies to this topic

#1651 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:38 PM

Star Wars Kotor 2- 5
Mega Man legends- 3

I've been looking for KOTOR 2 for a while, but the only shop that has it has 3 copies all priced at 29.99 -_-

Nothing to see here, move along!

#1652 tiggerkiddo

tiggerkiddo

wants your blood...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:11 AM

Resident Evil 3 with the Dino Crisis demo disc-3

#1653 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:32 AM

Bought a "broken" DS lite that wouldnt turn on (it did, but only momentarily). opened the battery compartment to replace it, was full of sticky coca-cola. Cleaned it up, put battery back in... works flawlessly. None got in the rest of the components. #Victory

#1654 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

very cool haha

i love stories like this

#1655 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:03 AM

Omg have you seen the Angry Video Game Nerd episode for Plumbers Don't Wear Ties? It's pretty hilarious. That game looks so damn awful. It's like watching a bad movie like Birdemic. It's sooo bad you have to watch, or in this case, play the game.

It's actually more like a bad power point presentation, as there is no real video in the entire game. It's really bad, painfully so.

#1656 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:02 AM

I watched my friend stream Plumbers Dont Wear Ties to an audience. It's pretty good for a "party", despite the original intentions of the game. Especially when you get to the NSFW parts lol.

#1657 tiggerkiddo

tiggerkiddo

wants your blood...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:00 AM

Found a bunch of portable stuff and DVD's. Everything 5 or less

Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Conker's Pocket Tales
Pokemon Blue
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Collector's Edition of Nightmare Before Christmas
Darkstalkers Chronicles
Mickey Mouse in Living Color

#1658 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:10 AM

I watched my friend stream Plumbers Dont Wear Ties to an audience. It's pretty good for a "party", despite the original intentions of the game. Especially when you get to the NSFW parts lol.

NSFW? We bought the game and system specifically for use at my company, it's all SFW for us (we're a game development company, so typical SFW standards are pretty much non existent).

In any case, the NSFW parts are horrifying as they censor all female nudity with a really terrifying face.

#1659 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:16 AM

Haha, yeah, it's barely NSFW since they censor it so heavily. The parts with the bondage are hilariously bad though

#1660 tiggerkiddo

tiggerkiddo

wants your blood...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:12 PM

For 3 bucks each, I found My Neighbor Totoro and Ponyo. I would have been super happy to find either Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle or Laputa but eh, whatever.

#1661 Tempius

Tempius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:38 PM

Thats a good pick up in those movies tiggerkiddo. I keep an eye out myself for those movies.

#1662 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

I know I am setting myself up for failure but I would love to walk into a pawn shop and find New Super Mario Bros and NSMBWii for like $5 bucks haha.

I used to see Super Nintendos in my shops all the time. The moment I decided I wanted to buy one, I never saw another one again. It's like Tetris. If you want the line piece, you have to not want the line piece. Otherwise you never get that shit.

#1663 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:25 AM

LA Noire complete, $15 from a new pawn shop that opened recently. Had both DLC and the Badge Pursuit negatives in there too.

Posted Image

#1664 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:20 AM

Good stuff today.

Went to my nearby pawn shop and got tekken 6, sims 3, fable 3, banjo kazooei & viva pinata double pack for 360, CoD WaW for the wii, and Demon's Souls for PS3 for $30 even. Solid deal.

Went to another and bought two modern warfare 2's, a black ops, and dance central for $40 even. Dance Central is extremely good if you find one <$15 for a flip; with the pre-order bonus and PUR I got $28.

EDIT: Wow not a lot of activity in this thread. To avoid a double post:

Dragon Ball z Burst Limit xbox 360 with the bonus dvd for $5, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for the PS3 for $13. Not a fantastic deal, but considering this is like a $20-ish (sometimes $20+) game, I think it's decent.

Also bought Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and Diddy Kong racing for $6.50

Edited by The Holy Pretzle, 23 September 2011 - 08:30 PM.

#1665 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:04 PM

Found some PS1 games at a pawn today but the guy wanted to look up ebay prices. Still snagged FF VIII, FF IX, Silent Hill, RE 3 with the Dino Crisis bonus disk, and Futurama season 1 DVD set for $45. Not the best deal, but they were all in pretty nice shape and are ones I still needed. He wouldn't take cards though, so he set them aside and I need to come back with some cash :/

Posted Image

#1666 tiggerkiddo

tiggerkiddo

wants your blood...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

You're stronger than me. I would have just walked out as soon as he looked up ebay prices. Well not walked out but thanked him kindly and then walk out.

#1667 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

You have to chat them up. If they see you repeatedly and they form a relationship with you they're more likely to deal. I also try to get them to spill what they paid for them, I got him to blurt out that he paid $5 for the whole box (about 15 games), so I used that as a battering point and cherry picked everything that wasn't junk.

Posted Image

#1668 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:03 PM

You have to chat them up. If they see you repeatedly and they form a relationship with you they're more likely to deal. I also try to get them to spill what they paid for them, I got him to blurt out that he paid $5 for the whole box (about 15 games), so I used that as a battering point and cherry picked everything that wasn't junk.

Yeah it sucks real hard when they go to eBay. The other day my dad went to a generally crappy pawn shop to ask about a compressor they had. After being given a price of $130, another employee told him he could go down to $100.

The manager saw this and got pissed for some reason, and told him that he can ban him whenever he wants. The prices there are ridiculous though, they never sell ANY GAMES. When you ask about unpriced games they immediately rush off to their computer to find what Gamestop has it for, and doesn't adjust accordingly; that's the exact price they put, and they never go down (rule of Pawn Shops for the uninitiated: NOTHING is set in stone).

Interesting that they don't rush off to check how much Gamestop gives in trade-in though :roll: Some poor sucker got a $1 for LA Noire when they could have at least gotten like $18 cash (back when it was still fairly new).

#1669 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:13 PM

Went to two pawn shops today.

Thousands of oxbox games.

The horror.. the horror.

#1670 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

^ Don't understand, sounds like a potential jackpot to me. I don't know of too many rare Xbox games, but a few standouts are the Fatal Frame games.

#1671 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

Haha! Went back today. Decided not to get RE3, but I got Silent Hill and FF VIII and IX for 30. Saw a few NES games I wanted but his prices were even worse than the PS1 game prices. Good thing he doesn't value last gen at all, I got Zone of the Enders for $5. He also had Conkers, but it was disk only and completely destroyed :(

Posted Image

#1672 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:54 PM

^ Don't understand, sounds like a potential jackpot to me. I don't know of too many rare Xbox games, but a few standouts are the Fatal Frame games.

I looked.

Thousands of Madden games.

#1673 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:09 AM

thousands of madden games.

09?

#1674 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:39 AM

09?

Oh wow, I just googled that. What is it, like the NCAA 2k3 of the xbox?

Posted Image

#1675 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

^ Man I hate learning about rare sports games, makes me wish I always look through them wherever I go, I saw a huge pile of sports games at the flea market the other day, will have to check it out Saturday.

Found some more stuff yesterday:
Metroid Other M, Super Smash Bros Melee, Drawn to Life (the sequel for the DS), Mirror's Edge, Bayonetta, and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 for $40 out the door.

Assuming Naruto still has a $15-ish tiv, that'd be a nice flip, and now that I have a Wii I can finally play Other M.

#1676 Tribblewars

Tribblewars

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:55 AM

Just got back from a Super Pawn. Hadn't been in for a few years, but it was next to a 7-11 so I wandered in to look at games.
Found an R4 card for my DSL for $5, and it came with a bonus 1gb microsd inside.

I also picked up a Wii console for $80. Its a black one with the motion plus extras, that included Wii sports and Sports Resorts. My wife opened it up in the car (it came in the box), and inside was an extra remote.

I don't know if they came that way, but it made us happy. So my son gets a Wii and we get another netflix player in the living room. Just wanted to share this with all.

#1677 X3R0102

X3R0102

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:48 PM

Yesterday I took a drive out of town to visit a few pawn shops. I was having a very dry day and I think it was the forth or fifth pawn shop I went to I finally found somewhere that had a bunch of older games. Well I asked to see his N64 games since I did not see anything in the snes or nes box. and he handed me a bunch of games. In the bunch I found zelda OOT, Mario cart, Mario 64, and bad fur day! I asked how much he was selling the 64 games for and he told me 5 each I picked out them 4 games took them to pay he looked at them and said I cant sell these 2. In my head I was thinking bad fur day lol. The two he could not sell was mario cart and mario 64. he told me he could not sell them since he has to look up the price. I took home bad fur day and Zelda OOT for 10$

#1678 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:35 PM

that madden 09 is unreliable. depends on who you have looking for it at the time

http://item.ebay.com/130578927216
$5
http://item.ebay.com/260849419411
$45

http://item.ebay.com/370544872733
$20
http://item.ebay.com/270822231372
$5
http://item.ebay.com/140592657153
$15

I'd say go for it if you find it for a few bucks but don't go crazy over it.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#1679 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

that madden 09 is unreliable. depends on who you have looking for it at the time

http://item.ebay.com/130578927216
$5
http://item.ebay.com/260849419411
$45

http://item.ebay.com/370544872733
$20
http://item.ebay.com/270822231372
$5
http://item.ebay.com/140592657153
$15

I'd say go for it if you find it for a few bucks but don't go crazy over it.

Yeah. Makes a huge difference that you could buy it on 360 also and there are subsequent versions. 2K3 was literally the last college basketball game on a Nintendo system if Im not mistaken and there were not many made.

#1680 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:58 PM

Oh wow, I just googled that. What is it, like the NCAA 2k3 of the xbox?

Not that gamestop is the end all be all. I remember when that thing came out the employees looked at me like was nuts asking for it on the normal xbox (obviously thinking im the dumb ass because it only came out for 360) and I only remember ever seeing it at a non-gamestop store, and this was when it first came out. Can't remember now where I found it.