Tales from the Pawn Shop(s)!

• Please log in to reply
2070 replies to this topic

#1771 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:50 PM

I found a copy of Okage: Shadow King for 1.99 yesterday. Only find this last week. Been slow.
www.vg-force.com

#1772 SnesGuy

SnesGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Nothing great, but stopped by the pawn and picked up a crap DS game, and some game boy advance games for $1 each, and pack man (original game boy) for $0.50.

I NEVER find gameboy games for sale anywhere. So I was happy.

#1773 leecy

leecy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

Been in a dry spell lately, these are from last week. Paid just under $63 total:

Posted Image

NES
Jurassic Park 5.xx (with manual and an extremely nice label)
TMNT III Manhattan Project 5.xx
Battletoads 5.xx
Battletoads/Double Dragon 5.xx

SNES
Kirby Super Star 5.xx
Super Mario Kart 5.xx

Gamecube (only Gauntlet has manual)
Super Mario Sunshine 7.xx
Luigi's Mansion 7.xx
Zelda Four Swords 7.xx
Gauntlet Dark Legacy 7.xx

Highlight being Battletoads/Double Dragon, in very good shape too. It's pretty fun; the first two levels weren't too hard but the third one started to kick my ass. I probably overpaid on a couple of these.

#1774 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

Just picked up

Star Wars Rogue Sqaudron (Cart only) N64
NCAA BBall (Cart only) SNES
Destroy All Humans (CIB) PS2
Tony Hawk Underground (CIB) PS2
NES All Star Football (CIB!)

For $10

Decent?

#1775 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

A few decent grabs today.

Super Mario Sunshine: 6.99
Hot Shots Golf Fore: 1.25
www.vg-force.com

#1776 SnesGuy

SnesGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:30 AM

Well picked up a pretty fine lot from my pawn today.

17 genesis carts (2 sonic & knuckles)

1 snes cart (yoshi safari)

28 N64 carts
(including 2 mario 64, 2 ocarina of time, 2 starfox 64, and turok 1 - 3, 2 castlevania)

AND god of war collection for PS3 all for $25

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1777 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:46 AM

Well picked up a pretty fine lot from my pawn today.

17 genesis carts (2 sonic & knuckles)

1 snes cart (yoshi safari)

28 N64 carts
(including 2 mario 64, 2 ocarina of time, 2 starfox 64, and turok 1 - 3, 2 castlevania)

AND god of war collection for PS3 all for $25

Wow really nice deal, congrats. Im surprised people are able to get deals like this from pawn shops. They should know better then to sell without researching right?

#1778 SnesGuy

SnesGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

I live in a small town and its a new pawn shop.
They used to price at high end ebay prices, but couldn't sell it.
($20 for MK3 of genesis cart only?)
now they sell it to me for next to nothing. Even to the point of calling me when they get carts.

They still want way to much for consoles. ($50 for a model 2 genesis!)

but yea I should make a healthy profit flipping dupes, and make a large addition to my collection

edit - they also sell the ps3 games pretty high normaly, but my brother wanted it and he just threw it in. hes a pretty nice guy.

Edited by SnesGuy, 10 July 2012 - 01:17 AM.

#1779 leecy

leecy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:45 AM

Posted Image

Picked this up from my local ebay priced pawn shop for $5. One of the rare sports game worth more than a nickel. Also picked up Sunset Riders and Super Mario Kart for SNES for $3/each the other day at a different pawn.

#1780 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:52 AM

I was in a pawn shop in Coos Bay, OR around christmas time last year while visting my mom and her family there. Anyways I just got my First PS3 from amazon during last years black friday and was wanting to get MGS4. Anyways in the pawn shop they had a very gently used copy of MGS4. orginal case, orginal booklet and a MGS4 disc without a visable mark at all.

I snatched that ASAP. Other then no shrink wrap even I wouldn't be able to tell it was used.

There's one downside. Its Metal Gear Soild 4. ;)

Odd. MGS1 was good MGS2 was meh, MGS3 was great and MGS4 is just way to contrived. I know thats a MG staple but it just tries being so many things all at the same time. I'm still on the Sniper boss battle and haven't played it in months. I do know the ending and it just kinda all seems lackluster.

#1781 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

I was in a pawn shop in Coos Bay, OR around christmas time last year while visting my mom and her family there. Anyways I just got my First PS3 from amazon during last years black friday and was wanting to get MGS4. Anyways in the pawn shop they had a very gently used copy of MGS4. orginal case, orginal booklet and a MGS4 disc without a visable mark at all.

I snatched that ASAP. Other then no shrink wrap even I wouldn't be able to tell it was used.

There's one downside. Its Metal Gear Soild 4. ;)

Odd. MGS1 was good MGS2 was meh, MGS3 was great and MGS4 is just way to contrived. I know thats a MG staple but it just tries being so many things all at the same time. I'm still on the Sniper boss battle and haven't played it in months. I do know the ending and it just kinda all seems lackluster.

Necessary post? You found MGS 4, which you can easily get for $10-$15 anywhere at a pawn shop LAST CHRISTMAS and you post about it just to say you don't like the game? I think you're wrong and it's a great game personally, but regardless I don't understand the point of making the post just to hate on a game that you got 8 months ago that is dirt cheap anyway.

#1782 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

Got a copy of Kingdom Hearts 2 for 5.00. It was marked 7.99 but I noticed it had been there over 3 months so I asked if they would take 5.00 and they said yes.
www.vg-force.com

#1783 Shaq-Funaki

Shaq-Funaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

Went to the local Pawn shop around here yesterday. There wasn't much and everything was over priced.

Please check out my YouTube video game channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaqfunaki

#1784 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

My favorite pawn shop comes through. Mega man x2: 4.99. Thats for trade. Also got professor layton and the curious village, same price.
www.vg-force.com

#1785 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

Necessary post? You found MGS 4, which you can easily get for $10-$15 anywhere at a pawn shop LAST CHRISTMAS and you post about it just to say you don't like the game? I think you're wrong and it's a great game personally, but regardless I don't understand the point of making the post just to hate on a game that you got 8 months ago that is dirt cheap anyway.

I thought I would like it when I finally started playing it, but to me its a slough to get trough especially the install times and really long cut scenes. Also I never saw MGS4 that cheap anywhere else and in that good condition. if I ordered online it would of easily being over 10 dollars with sales tax and shipping. So paying 10 dollars flat for what could be mistaken for a new copy was a good deal IMO.

It was a brag post about a purchase made/found in a pawn shop

Now, is your post necessary? just flaming me only since I don't like a game from a series im a fan of. MGS4 isn't a horrible game and I do think its worth playing at least once if someones a fan of MGS 1-3. I just think that parts like Drebin's shop and stuff is just unnecessary.

#1786 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Finally went to my first Pawn Shop. I thought it was gonna be a bad experience for some reason. Glad I was wrong, the staff, especially this one guy was very welcoming and helpful. They had a couple of the systems. Most of them were boxed but were pretty much market value. They had a small rack of games but it was a pretty good selection, although I'm pretty sure the Xbox and Ps2 stuff was priced the same as the current gen. Didn't see any of the older stuff but I forgot to ask them if they had any cartridge games. Lol. :/

Got a copy of Almost minty Oblivion GOTY and Darksiders, $20 for PS3. Going to go back and pick up some others in a week or so. Especially Ponyo. xD

Edited by Olengie, 25 July 2012 - 11:12 PM.

#1787 MHRX

MHRX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:23 AM

Must have been my lucky day today! I was out and about and walked by our local Pawn Shop so I decided to stop by. This shop is not impossible to find deals at, but more often than not if it's a new/rare game it's priced accordingly. I went to the game case and picked up Zelda Skyward Sword for 10 bucks!

I was pretty pumped with that, until I went over to the DVD's and saw about 50-60 PS2/Gamecube games that had just been put out, all marked $2 each. I didn't want to be selfish so I left some games there, but I just had to pick up the ones I did! Here's my haul:

Gamecube:
Zelda: Wind Waker
Zelda: Collectors Edition
Zelda: The four Swords
Super Smash Bros Melee

PS2:
.hack//g.u. Vol 1: Rebirth
.hack//g.u. Vol 2: Reminisce
Wild Arms 4
Wild Arms 5
Wild Arms Alter Code: F
GrimGrimoire
Valkyrie Profile 2
Magna Carta
Dawn of Mana
Radiata Stories

I'm still second guessing why I didn't just buy them all, but I'm definitely happy with the ones I got!

Total price for all was ~$40 after tax.

A good day!

#1788 AllFrankedUp

AllFrankedUp

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:22 AM

The theme song for this thread.

648665.png

#1789 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:54 AM

Must have been my lucky day today! I was out and about and walked by our local Pawn Shop so I decided to stop by. This shop is not impossible to find deals at, but more often than not if it's a new/rare game it's priced accordingly. I went to the game case and picked up Zelda Skyward Sword for 10 bucks!

I was pretty pumped with that, until I went over to the DVD's and saw about 50-60 PS2/Gamecube games that had just been put out, all marked $2 each. I didn't want to be selfish so I left some games there, but I just had to pick up the ones I did! Here's my haul:

Gamecube:
Zelda: Wind Waker
Zelda: Collectors Edition
Zelda: The four Swords
Super Smash Bros Melee

PS2:
.hack//g.u. Vol 1: Rebirth
.hack//g.u. Vol 2: Reminisce
Wild Arms 4
Wild Arms 5
Wild Arms Alter Code: F
GrimGrimoire
Valkyrie Profile 2
Magna Carta
Dawn of Mana
Radiata Stories

I'm still second guessing why I didn't just buy them all, but I'm definitely happy with the ones I got!

Total price for all was ~$40 after tax.

A good day!

Nice pickup, yeah I would have picked up every rpg i saw, which is what it looks like you did.

#1790 SnesGuy

SnesGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

Well, stopped at the pawn shop earlier. When I walked in a guy walking out asked if I wanted to buy a gameboy. He didn't like the pawn shops offer.

So I got a Gameboy SP (red) with a case, and a game (some generic GBA arcade game) for $15. Trying to decide if I want to sell it or not.

Then I got a like new copy of FF VII: Advent children for $1

Then the owner told me they were going to be putting out new games next week. That usually means a nice haul for me. (my previous post of about 50 NES games for example)

Oh and two days ago I got a nice set of SNES games there. All pretty common $5 - $10 titles, but I didn't have any of them, for a $1 each I was pretty happy.

#1791 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

Just got back from a pawn shop up the street. Found Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition for $9.99 for PS3. What's dumb is they have a normal Modern Warfare 3 also on PS3 for $34.99. I also found The MLB 2K12/NBA 2K12 combo on 360 for $2.99 but it only had the MLB 2K12 but no NBA 2K12 disc. For $3 I said why not I already have NBA 2K12 anyway.

#1792 Ace_Defective

Ace_Defective

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Today I found :ps1:Namco Museum Volume 1&3 for $2.00 each.

#1793 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

Just got back from a pawn shop up the street. Found Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition for $9.99 for PS3. What's dumb is they have a normal Modern Warfare 3 also on PS3 for $34.99. I also found The MLB 2K12/NBA 2K12 combo on 360 for $2.99 but it only had the MLB 2K12 but no NBA 2K12 disc. For $3 I said why not I already have NBA 2K12 anyway.

Damn, nice finds.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1794 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:05 AM

Awesome! The thing with the pricing happened to me as well. They had a Game Only Oblivion in a GS Case for 20ish. Saw a complete minty Oblivion GOTY for $10. You can tell which one I picked up. Lol.

#1795 materialz

materialz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

Awesome! The thing with the pricing happened to me as well. They had a Game Only Oblivion in a GS Case for 20ish. Saw a complete minty Oblivion GOTY for $10. You can tell which one I picked up. Lol.

Lol my favorite shop does that too. I saw Rage (anarchy edition) for 360 marked as $25 on two copies, $20 on one and one minty one was marked at...$5. Grabbed that one quick.

#1796 zekeike

zekeike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

Found this baby for $5. On a stack of games on the floor behind the counter as I was checking out.
The lady couldn't find it online.
One guy was asking her to hurry up. So she just gave it to me for $5.00, mainly because I bought 3 other games at that price.

Posted Image

#1797 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

Found this baby for $5. On a stack of games on the floor behind the counter as I was checking out.
One guy was asking her to hurry up. So she just gave it to me for $5.00, mainly because I bought 3 other games at that price.

Posted Image

Very very nice, looks like the game goes for $120 on Ebay. :applause:

So now the question is are you keeping it or flipping it for a nice profit?

#1798 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

Interesting game. I never heard of it before.

#1799 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

Very very nice, looks like the game goes for $120 on Ebay. :applause:

So now the question is are you keeping it or flipping it for a nice profit?

probably a little less, unless it is complete (there was a bigger outer box and some other stuff, i believe).

#1800 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

What do you mean she couldn't find it online? Was she going to charge something near online prices?