NES Classic Series: Xevious (gba) 2.99 EB B&M

[quote name='slidecage']is this local price or nationwide price[/QUOTE]

Pricetag said 2.99 and it came up in the computer as such.

It was very high up on the shelf at EB... you wouldn't have known it was there unless you were specifically looking for it.

New?!?

Xevious is one of my favorite games, and I've been wanting this so bad, but promised myself I'd wait till is was less than $9.99.

Woo-hoo! Sounds like another one of those crazy temp markdowns EB likes to do. I'll have to ask my friend tommorow if anything else dropped to $10 and under.

I caught that price at two separate EBs in my area too. So I'm guessing it could be nationwide. And it was new.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']New?!?

Xevious is one of my favorite games, and I've been wanting this so bad, but promised myself I'd wait till is was less than $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Yep, brand new.

At this particular EB, there are a ton of cheap games for all systems as soon as you walk in. It was on this wall, wayyyyy up top on the shelf - you can barely see the pricetag.

It's been this price for a few days now, my friend told me Thursday but I didn't confirm it until today, and didn't want to post the deal until I saw it for myself.

I'm getting this either today or tomorrow for sure cause I used to play this all the time on my old NES.

This is nationwide and I think it's a pretty old deal. I thought it was posted in the past so that's why I didn't post it. I've seen it at this price for like 2 weeks. They're trying to clearance it out. I haven't gotten one as I already own one from a Kmart sale for $6.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yep, brand new.
It was on this wall, wayyyyy up top on the shelf - you can barely see the pricetag.[/QUOTE]

Mine is shirt and none of the games are on shelves higher than 4-5 feet.

i dont even think my Ebgames carries new Gba anymore they got all the older gameboys in a stand up glass case... will look tomorrow ... then again not even sure if its worth 3 bucks : )

i got to ship my Zelda collectors ed and harvest moon out tomorrow and there is a post office in the mall about 3 shops down from the eb. will run in there tomorrow and report of there was any major drops as well

Just out of curiosity, how does the NES Xevious stack up to the arcade version? They seem the same.

[quote name='Roufuss']Found this at EB way up high on the shelf.

Not a bad price for a decent little shooter, the cheapest price I've ever seen on it.[/QUOTE]

AT LAST!! It's finally the price it should have been released at!

Rejoice!

(At least until Nintendo released Donkey Kong Country 3 for $35 and says 'Look, a NEW game! Aren't we great?')

Yeah, it's not too bad. You'll easily get $3 out of it... but remember that it's included in the next Namco collections for both home consoles and PSP.

Keep in mind the GBA release of Namco 50th Anniversary is going to have the original arcade verison.

Which pisses me off because I already own this, Pacman Collection, and Namco Museum... but I still REALLY want Mappy.

Yes! Just scored the last sealed copy of the NES Classic I've been meaning to buy since it came out. I love this game so much...one of my all-time faves.

[quote name='jasonditz']Keep in mind the GBA release of Namco 50th Anniversary is going to have the original arcade verison.

Which pisses me off because I already own this, Pacman Collection, and Namco Museum... but I still REALLY want Mappy.[/QUOTE]

Actually, according to their website, it won't.

http://www.namco.com/games/namcomuseum50/

"Game Boy Advance version includes Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Dig Dug and Bosconian games."

Basically, GBA Namco Museum-Pole Position+Pac-Man and Bosconian.

[quote name='purpleshaman']Is this for it new or used?

I checked two EBs near me and they were both $10 for it. :/[/QUOTE]

Did they scan it?

It scans up as 2.99... the copy the guy brought for me out of the back was marked 9.99, however, but scanned up at 2.99.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']now if only ice climber would drop to this price[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That and the other two Zeldas are the only two left that I really want.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']now if only ice climber would drop to this price[/QUOTE]
If only ALL the NES Classics would drop to this price. :)

Definetly, that is the MSRP they should have been in the first place (roughly $3 per game with 6 - 7 games on a cartridge). $20 a piece was ridiculous

[quote name='thorbahn3']My local EB had none. :([/QUOTE]
Hahaha your avatar complements your post perfectly.

Great find, OP. This is a great price, but I think I'll hold off for the new Namco Collection (which will include this) instead.

[quote name='Rozz']Great find, OP. This is a great price, but I think I'll hold off for the new Namco Collection (which will include this) instead.[/QUOTE]
Remember that the GBA version appearantly does not include Xevious...

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']If only ALL the NES Classics would drop to this price. :)[/QUOTE]

I understand that it costs Nintendo money to make GBA cartridges, but the asking price really should have been much lower than $19.99 each to begin with for what are essentially straight ports of 20-year-old games. If all the NES Classics games were $3-5 new, I'd consider collecting them.

someone posted in the GR thread:

All NES classics for GBA are $9.99 and are included in the 50% off Nintendo deal. SO $5 a pop if they have them in stock.........

I went and got this yesterday (heard about it from CoffeeEdge).. I got the last one.. the display copy. Fortunately I was able get off all the dumb stickers those idiots put on them, except the price tag.

[quote name='ChessPieceFace']Actually, according to their website, it won't.

http://www.namco.com/games/namcomuseum50/

"Game Boy Advance version includes Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Dig Dug and Bosconian games."

Basically, GBA Namco Museum-Pole Position+Pac-Man and Bosconian.[/QUOTE]

Definitely worth emphasising this. The GBA version of Namco 50th Anniversary will only have five games, and Xevious is NOT one of them.

Thanks op, I was able to pick up a Xevious the other day. I think this was the only "NES Classic" game that I have never played before, so I'm looking forward to giving it some time.

[quote name='jenus']I went and got this yesterday (heard about it from CoffeeEdge).. I got the last one.. the display copy. Fortunately I was able get off all the dumb stickers those idiots put on them, except the price tag.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I hate that. I got a display copy too. "Would you like a Gameplay gurantee?" "How can you save 10 percent? Ask an associate how" "Would you like your cock sucked? Ask your associate how!" "Would you like to save 10 % on your oral sex? Ask us how!"
And of course the price tag itself.

bread's done
Back