PS3 Broken?? Fan Won't Start!! HELP!!

TheFreshPrince

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Ok, so, I just bought a PS3, and it won't work!!!

The system turns on, and the light goes from red to green...and then it stops. The fan starts to start rolling, and then just dies! Any ideas, or is the system just hopelessly fryed?

Thanks

does the system boot up and get into the screen?
Can you feel any faint air blowing out of the right side or the back? It usually spins at low power/speed at the start so you may not hear it.

the system turns on, green light comes on. Fan starts up, warm air barely coming out the back of the unit....no picture or sound on TV. Then the fan dies basically, and the air stops. The green light is still on though....

1. the fan is very quiet. maybe it did stop for the system set up?

2. The blank screen thing may not mean a broken system! It doesn't automatically recognize a different input then what it is set to. Next time you load it up, hold the power button until it beeps 3 times (should be about 15 seconds.) this will switch it to the right input. The green light sounds hopeful.

3. If that doesn't work, call Sony.

[quote name='Apossum']1. the fan is very quiet. maybe it did stop for the system set up?

2. The blank screen thing may not mean a broken system! It doesn't automatically recognize a different input then what it is set to. Next time you load it up, hold the power button until it beeps 3 times (should be about 15 seconds.) this will switch it to the right input. The green light sounds hopeful.

3. If that doesn't work, call Sony.[/QUOTE]I laughed at this thread. Just goes to show how quiet the PS3 is.

Yeh, I'd like to hear how you "fixed" it.

Usually, people don't know you have to start with the cables that come with the system and then set it to whatever video settings you want. Guessing that is what happened here too.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yeh, I'd like to hear how you "fixed" it.

Usually, people don't know you have to start with the cables that come with the system and then set it to whatever video settings you want. Guessing that is what happened here too.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, I didn't know that either....Thanks! I'll remember that when I finally get one of these things.

I wonder how many people have thought they had a broken PS3 and returned it.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yeh, I'd like to hear how you "fixed" it.

Usually, people don't know you have to start with the cables that come with the system and then set it to whatever video settings you want. Guessing that is what happened here too.[/QUOTE]

I used the HDMI cable first and the PS3 worked just fine. I never even touched the AV cables it came with.

[quote name='Apossum']I wonder how many people have thought they had a broken PS3 and returned it.[/QUOTE]I thought I did at first. After waiting in line 24+ hours I was about to cry at the thought of waiting weeks for Sony to replace it.

bread's done
Back