Photo
- - - - -

The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

• Please log in to reply
2170 replies to this topic

#2131 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:43 PM

Yeah, that's what I do. I always look at my lowest-level S.link after school and see if that person is available that day. That's also a good idea because there are certain S.links that don't become available until so-and-so's S.link level is at, for example, 5.

#2132 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:21 AM

Gonna crack the seal on this game tomorrow and get started! I finally have a chance to put in some decent time on it.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#2133 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:48 AM

Yay so I beat it.

Spoiler

#2134 lwelyk

lwelyk

Everyone is connected...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

Bought it a few weeks ago. It is awesome so far. I'm almost at the second full moon.
Posted Image
I Don't Even - Bad Movie night IRC. Every Wednesday at 10 Eastern/9 Central.

#2135 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:52 AM

Anybody know the rapper that does the persona 3 battle songs/final battle song "burn my dread" ?

#2136 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:06 AM

Is there any deals? I've been waiting for one.

#2137 Jest

Jest

Take this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:25 AM

$30 IS a deal if you ask me!

#2138 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:05 PM

Waiting for deals on Atlus games is generally a bad idea. Before you know it, you can't find it anywhere and the cheapest price is a hundred bucks for a used copy.

Plus, $30 isn't that bad for a game that I'm about to surpass 200 hours on. Thank god I'm in the home stretch (January).

#2139 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:28 PM

Waiting for deals on Atlus games is generally a bad idea. Before you know it, you can't find it anywhere and the cheapest price is a hundred bucks for a used copy.

Plus, $30 isn't that bad for a game that I'm about to surpass 200 hours on. Thank god I'm in the home stretch (January).

You should grab this since It's $30 MRSP and most Atlus titles go near $50 or close to original retail as possible.

However the first two Persona's for the PS1 now fetch ungodly amounts. I believe $100ish for P1 and $80 for P2.

#2140 cletus

cletus

Bridgetsexual

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:53 AM

Just buy it for $30 you cheapass. I've spent more then 120 hours on this game already. Sure, price is important but you also have to consider the value and quality of what you're getting.

#2141 daminion

daminion

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:10 PM

I finally started this last week and as my first game of this style I'm absolutely loving it.

However I seem to have made a few early mistakes, and I'm wondering how much it's going to hurt me. I'm into June and have missed a couple of opportunities to build social links, and I've missed the deadline on a few of Elizabeth's requests.

How much is this going to hurt me in the end? I don't see myself reading a guide step by step to complete the game, and I'm not concerned about being 100% complete with all personas, but I would like to be able to beat the game.

#2142 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:06 AM

You can definitely beat the game without those things. Just don't neglect social links too much.

#2143 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:04 PM

Only 16 days left until the end of the game. Fiiiiinally.

#2144 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:21 AM

Is there a store of any kind The Answer? I mean, why am I collecting all this yen?

#2145 el_cheezer

el_cheezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

Does anyone have a PDF copy of the manual? I can't seem to find one on google. Thanks!

EDIT - I would have gotten it from Gamefly, but I had to cancel my account a few months ago. Feel free to throw up a link or send me a PM and I'll give you my email address. Thanks again!
Check out my list of games at cheezer.1up.com

#2146 vienna333

vienna333

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:34 AM

Is there a store of any kind The Answer? I mean, why am I collecting all this yen?

Eventually you'll get access to the mall.

#2147 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:57 AM

Over 85 hours and still playing!

#2148 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:10 AM

Finally!....FINALLY!!...after 92 hours and level 93...I finally finished it tonight!

I had to force myself at the end (just wasn't in the mood and this was even after a long break from playing it) but it was a great game overall. No way in hell I'm going back through it anytime soon to get the other S-links though! And the ending was ridiculously easy too, I might add. But I may have grinded too much.

#2149 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:02 PM

What level were you?

#2150 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:20 PM

What level were you?

Finally!....FINALLY!!...after 92 hours and level 93...

Ummm

#2151 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:28 PM

Wow.

I don't think 92 is all that much grinding though. I was near there and still had a tough time with the end.

#2152 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:56 PM

Wow.

I don't think 92 is all that much grinding though. I was near there and still had a tough time with the end.

What part did you find difficult? I just used Odin and spammed Thunder Reign which took about half off Nyx each time. There were only a couple of forms that that wouldn't work, but overall it was really easy--apart from the cheap Mudo he laid on me once...grrr!...

#2153 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:14 PM

Off Topic, but is this game on sale anywhere?

#2154 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

Damn, you got to level 93 in under 100 hours? Took me almost 200 to get to 99.

#2155 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:25 PM

What part did you find difficult? I just used Odin and spammed Thunder Reign which took about half off Nyx each time. There were only a couple of forms that that wouldn't work, but overall it was really easy--apart from the cheap Mudo he laid on me once...grrr!...

Well it was a while ago, but I remember being near-death a few times,

Damn, you got to level 93 in under 100 hours? Took me almost 200 to get to 99.

You wasted a lot of time by grinding every night. The next part of Tartarus will always give you a lot better experience than your current section, so you're always better off hurrying to the end of the month.

#2156 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:48 PM

You wasted a lot of time by grinding every night. The next part of Tartarus will always give you a lot better experience than your current section, so you're always better off hurrying to the end of the month.

But you need a certain amount of experience as you go to create better personas to allow you to
Spoiler
right?

#2157 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:42 PM

But you need a certain amount of experience as you go to create better personas to allow you to

Spoiler
right?

Exactly. Some of the bosses were a cinch because I leveled every other night. But some were tough anyway. Maybe I just suck. I always hear how this is "the easy one" in the series, but I broke a controller over this game (something I haven't done since I was a wee lad).

#2158 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:38 AM

Spoiler
right?

Yeah, but I always thought that each end of Tartarus boss was always harder than the corresponding end of month boss.

#2159 ZeonikFreak

ZeonikFreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:52 AM

P3 is the kinda game i get into every now and then, im at about lv 30 right now, and im going to fight my 4th shadow, or 5th. I seriously couldnt put it down when i first got it, i loved it that much.

Man, its like when i stop playing, i forget where im at...

#2160 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:24 PM

I just wanted to write a quick note to say that fighting Natural Dancer (Tartatus boss at floor 110) is the most frustrating BS I've put up with in a game for quite some time.

It took me about 6 tries I think, because the damn boss just kept using sexy dance over and over until at least 3, if not all 4, of my party was charmed, and then we'd kill each other AND heal the boss. The only reason I ever beat it is because it didn't use sexy dance nearly as much in my last fight for some reason.