Dynasty Warriors Gundam - Gen Discussion & Info

The Mana Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
270118b.jpg

* From the legendary creators of the Dynasty Warriors ® series, a new generation of Gundam legend is born. Experience the fast-paced excitement and epic, cinematic action of Dynasty Warriors on the futuristic battlegrounds of the rich Gundam universe!
* Get in the cockpits of your favorite Mobile Suits, the ultimate weapons of war, and fight across a host of futuristic battlefields – both terrestrial and stellar – at lightning fast speed and rendered in high-definition graphics!
* Live as a legendary hero: Play out the action of the rich Gundam universe spanning the Universal Century to the Future Century as any of your favorite heroes and villains!
* Turn the tides of battle as you fight against impossible odds. Take on thousands of enemies attacking you at breakneck speed in signature Dynasty Warriors style gameplay. Your ever-strengthening will and skills will determine the outcome of the wars simultaneously blazing throughout the Earth and outer space!
* Dive into a new epic mythology like never before: Explore and live adventures in the rich and detailed setting of the Gundam multi-verse from a myriad of perspectives. Play through each story and marvel at the subtle twists as viewed through the eyes of each character.
* Dynamic gameplay modes from proven franchises: Enjoy a variety of action-packed game modes: Official Mode; Original Mode; Versus Mode and more!
* A galaxy of upgrade-able Mobiles Suits and characters! Choose your favorite characters and Mobile Suits from more than 6 different animated TV series based on the Gundam universe and strategically strengthen their power, skills, and abilities.
http://www.namcobandaigames.com/games/dynastywarriorsgundam/

[quote name='panasonic']I expect this to suck ass. Downloading demo[/QUOTE]
I don't think it's that bad. I have fun with it.

If you like Musou games, you'll love it. If you hate Musou games, you'll hate it.

The previous Gundam wasn't made by a very good developer.

Me too. I expect it to be hack, hack, slash, hack, hack, hack just like the Dynasty games.

I'd LOVE to be surprised and proved wrong though.

I just played the demo and absolutely loved it. Felt a little strange at first, but once I got use to it, I really liked it. I was glad to play as Heero Yuy, since I really like Gundam Wing. Playing alongside Jerid and Master Asia was sweet too. Defeating the bad guys I see in different Gundams made me shit my pants badly, since that's one thing I've always wanted to do.

I had so much fun, I played the demo a 2nd time, defeating the enemies in ALL areas on the map. I really want this game NOW.

[quote name='apokalipze2']It's boring and the graphics are bland[/QUOTE]No, it's the first time a Musou game is running at 60FPS, with zero pop-up and slowdown. Also, the graphics are very nice.
[quote name='Crimson_Raven25']so is this a good game or bad game?[/QUOTE]If you like DW, SW, and/or Devil Kings, you'll like it. If you like Gundam and everything I mentioned, you'll love it. If you don't like either, you'll think its garbage.

If were japanese, I would ruin my keyboard from excitement about a Dynasty/Gundam game. pretty sure Tokyo will get burnt down the day this comes out.

but I'm american so this is just another overpriced button masher. :)

[quote name='Crimson_Raven25']good cuz i lov gundamn lol
is it a fighing game lake gundamn battle assualt or more like dw[/QUOTE]More like DW.
[quote name='Thomas96']maybe this game should be cheap and downloadabe only.[/QUOTE]This is basically the best selling PS3 game in Japan, selling almost 300k. If it never came as a disc based game, PS3 would probably be dead last in Japan right now.

[quote name='Apossum']If were japanese, I would ruin my keyboard from excitement about a Dynasty/Gundam game. pretty sure Tokyo will get burnt down the day this comes out.

but I'm american so this is just another overpriced button masher. :)[/QUOTE]

This has been out in Japan for a long time, IIRC.

I tried the demo, but it seems like all it is, is enemies lining up by the dozens so you can smash through them. I didn't care for it. I'm sure some people will though.

DAMN! This game is AWESOME! But it comes out in late August. A definite buy for me, though.

It is nothing like the first gundam game. This is a really entertaining game, for once! Played the whole demo in one sitdown-I've never played a Gundam game before nor a Dynasty Warriors game.

It's fun,DL the demo and see!

good ol' hack 'n slash...i loved playin dynasty warriors 3 and 4 with friends but i got kind of burnt out with samurai warriors. Wonder if I can get back into these kinds of games

When I first heard of it and downloaded the trailer from the jpn store (Gundam Musou) I was excited! After playing the demo, not as excited anymore. Geez, what are all these robots for? Decoration? At least fight back...

Seriously, if all the robots fought back like the minibosses do, then this game would be fun.

Also, what's up with the scale of the robots? I was getting all pumped watching the cutscenes, then once you finally fight, your character is....short.

That's the scale of the gundams from the stories and stuff. All technical models,etc. from different universal storylines.

Err...those bots aren't supposed to fight. They hold territory, I believe. But your allies fight, like Master Asia and that other guy in the demo.

That boss Gundam was pretty good. Pwned him, though.

it's phantasy star online...without the rpg elements and with blander environments.

ok I haven't played the game yet, booted it up

voice Language... English or Japanese... fuck yes

Bluray already fucking paying off in games. First in Genji and now this, bout fucking time.

k just finished demo, pretty typical dynasty warriors fare =/
My controller Desynced like crazy with this game though. I counted 6 times within half an hour.

[quote name='RESmonkey']That's the scale of the gundams from the stories and stuff. All technical models,etc. from different universal storylines.

Err...those bots aren't supposed to fight. They hold territory, I believe. But your allies fight, like Master Asia and that other guy in the demo.

That boss Gundam was pretty good. Pwned him, though.[/quote]

Um, so they just stand there while I wail on them? Where's the challenge in that? We're both talking about the enemies right?

Also thanks for explaining to me about the scale...I don't really know anything about the gundam universe so I'll take your word for it. Maybe it's just that every mech type game I've played has conditioned me to expect the mechs to be bigger in regards to the environment.

[quote name='Zoglog']ok I haven't played the game yet, booted it up

voice Language... English or Japanese... fuck yes

Bluray already fucking paying off in games. First in Genji and now this, bout fucking time.

k just finished demo, pretty typical dynasty warriors fare =/
My controller Desynced like crazy with this game though. I counted 6 times within half an hour.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had that happen in months.

It's definitely related to the system in your house. Do you have a cordless phone? A lot of other devices use the 2.4 GHz frequency to fcuk it up.

Awesome! I've been toying with the idea of getting the Asian version of this game imported for quite some time (wondering if they'd ever make a US version...) But now, I can hold out for 8/28 (according to GS).

I love these sorts of games... they may be repetitive, but what is fun is the atmosphere... and this game LOOKS beautiful. In spite of the previous comments, it really does look amazing.

Another game to add to my "must buy" list for the PS3. :)

[quote name='M3wThr33']I haven't had that happen in months.

It's definitely related to the system in your house. Do you have a cordless phone? A lot of other devices use the 2.4 GHz frequency to fcuk it up.[/QUOTE]

no phone, 360 controller and wiimote still work perfectly fine. Only the PS3. Perhaps my PS3 is faulty?

[quote name='Apossum']If were japanese, I would ruin my keyboard from excitement about a Dynasty/Gundam game. pretty sure Tokyo will get burnt down the day this comes out.

but I'm american so this is just another overpriced button masher. :)[/QUOTE]
Been out for a long time.

Cheapy bought it, said it was AIDS.

[quote name='Zoglog']k just finished demo, pretty typical dynasty warriors fare =/
My controller Desynced like crazy with this game though. I counted 6 times within half an hour.[/quote]

Mine had no problems through the entire demo. Hasn't happened in awhile actually

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']Um, so they just stand there while I wail on them? Where's the challenge in that? We're both talking about the enemies right?

Also thanks for explaining to me about the scale...I don't really know anything about the gundam universe so I'll take your word for it. Maybe it's just that every mech type game I've played has conditioned me to expect the mechs to be bigger in regards to the environment.[/QUOTE]Dynasty Warriors isn't completely about that. Dynasty Warriors is about the addictiveness of unlocking characters, building stats, building guards, etc. Some just don't get the point of the Musou games. IMO, they are one of my favorite action series too. If you want hard, just jack up the difficulty and they get hard.

[quote name='zewone']Been out for a long time.

Cheapy bought it, said it was AIDS.[/quote]

Given our disparity in taste (I love Motorstorm...), I'm inclined to believe that Cheapy has an entirely different idea of what's fun than I do. Which is fine, but between Motorstorm and this game, I'm sure there'll be less common ground in terms of our game collections as the PS3 matures and its library grows...

The fact that it's been out for a while might help the game's overall polish... though that's not a guarantee these days.

[quote name='Mechafenris']Given our disparity in taste (I love Motorstorm...), I'm inclined to believe that Cheapy has an entirely different idea of what's fun than I do. Which is fine, but between Motorstorm and this game, I'm sure there'll be less common ground in terms of our game collections as the PS3 matures and its library grows...

The fact that it's been out for a while might help the game's overall polish... though that's not a guarantee these days.[/QUOTE]Ditto. Big MotorStorm fan myself and love the demo.

Demo is alright.

I died at the second 'boss' character.
Can you block? I just keep taking the hits from the bosses. First one nearly killed me as well.

[quote name='Zoglog']no phone, 360 controller and wiimote still work perfectly fine. Only the PS3. Perhaps my PS3 is faulty?[/QUOTE]

how about a PC or other bluetooth device? when my PC is on, I get more desyncs, it seems.

Been out for a long time.

Cheapy bought it, said it was AIDS.

seems like it is. kinda like with 99 nights-- the demo will be good enough for when I want to play a button masher.

I loved it, but then I buy every single Dynasty/Samurai Warrior game that comes out. I also love Gundam, so this game is like a wet dream for me.

I mentioned it in the the store thread, but I was disappointed you could only pick Heero in the demo. I despise Gundam Wing, and I despise Heero. GW isn't even that popular in Japan. It was only put in the game for Americans who only watch low quality anime on Cartoon Network, and therefore have never seen any REAL Gundam. That being said, the level did have appearances from Haman Karn (best mobile suit pilot ever IMO), Kamille Vidan (Working with Haman!?), and Glemy and Puru (ZZ Gundam eh? Maybe it'll finally be coming out here?).

This game has been a day 1 purchase for me since it was announced.

I haven't played it, but I can tell you right now that it sucks. It's not like playing Dynasty Warriors is even mandatory anymore. Just save some time and write it off.

[quote name='dallow']Demo is alright.

I died at the second 'boss' character.
Can you block? I just keep taking the hits from the bosses. First one nearly killed me as well.[/quote]

L1. Button layout before the mission starts lol.

You can also fly by jumping and holding down dash button and shoot lasers at guys. Good for getting places quicker sorta

Played the demo finally.

Basically, ask yourself how much you like constantly pushing the square button. I got tired after a few minutes and quit.

I'm guessing this was made because Koei figured out that people are starting to catch on to the Dynasty Warrior games all being nearly identical. Replace all the Chinese with robots and thats all this game is.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']lol I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who was not impressed with the demo. It was really dull imo. ^_^[/quote]

I did not like it either.

It is very much DW. I played it for around 30 mins capturing all the sectors and one of the generals gets a huge combo and kills me and all 30 mins of play time goes right down the drain with a screen saying Coming Soon showing up to rub it in.

Thats the way all the Dynasty Warriors games have been. You can play for a whole hour only to fail the entire mission and have to stat over. If the generals are going to do so much more damage than the troops, there should at least be a block button.

Played the demo... it's okay. As someone said eailer, the graphics are bland. You just keep hitting things until the insanely powerful boss comes and kills you. It was really fun for ten minutes.

That's a video game. You guys get bored from playing Tetris, snake, etc? Those have the same repetitive concept stuff.

I plan on giving this a shot later tonight-- I certainly like mashy games like this, probably wont buy it, but I'd give it a rent. :)

bread's done
Back