NEW Gamerush Deals thread - This place still rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH

READ THIS POST! Please, do not ask questions that have already been answered in this post unless it is unclear to you. Many questions should be answered here. :)

I posted this on www.dreamcastersrealm.com/forums so it might as well be here, too. :)

I will try my best to update this every Tuesday but I might be a couple days off sometimes. However, I will rarely miss an entire week or make no changes to this post for a week, so it should be okay. :)

WEBSITE WITH STORE LOCATOR

www.gamerush.com

CURRENT DEALS

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

This temporarily takes the place of the buy 1, get 1 half off deal.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and will include PS1 games for sure. Great deal. AVAILABLE AT ALL GAMERUSH LOCATIONS!

Get an extra 50% trade credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most are crappy games that really aren't the best of 2004 except for a few. Don't have any details yet.
GAMES VARY BY LOCATION
  • Psi-ops
    Transformers
    Baulders Gate 2
    Onimusha
    Psi-Ops
    Van Helsing
    Riddick
    Hitman Contracts
    Duel Masters GBA
    NBA Ballers
    Harry Potter Prisoner
    Others are available but haven't been posted yet or they aren't at the store I go to.

PAST DEALS

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

Don't have any details since this is not available in my area. This deal only applys to the newer GameRush locations. Call and see if your location has it.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

TRADE

I will copy and paste this from the GameRush website very Tuesday so it will be easier to get to.

Trading Formats: Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

> PS2 SMALL HARDWARE $125.00

> XBOX HARDWARE $90.00

> HALO 2 LIMITED EDITION (XBOX) $40.00

> FABLE (XBOX) $35.00

> GOLDEN EYE: ROGUE AGENT (PS/XBOX/GCUBE) $35.00

> GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS (PS2) $35.00

> HALO 2 (XBOX) $35.00

> KILLZONE (PS2) $35.00

> METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SNAKE EATER (PS2) $35.00

> METROID PRIME 2: ECHOS (GCUBE) $35.00

> MORTAL KOMBAT: DECEPTION (PS2/XBOX) $35.00

> NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND 2 (PS/XBOX/GCUBE) $35.00

> STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT (PS2/XBOX) $35.00

> TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 2005 (PS/XBOX/GCUBE) $35.00

> CALL OF DUTY: FINEST HOUR (PS/XBOX/GCUBE) $30.00

> LORD OF THE RINGS: THE THIRD AGE (PS/XBOX/GCUBE) $30.00

> TONY HAWK'S UNDERGROUND 2 (PS/XBOX/GCUBE) $30.00

> URBZ: SIMS IN THE CITY (PS/XBOX/GCUBE) $30.00

> WWE SMACKDOWN! VS. RAW (PS2) $30.00

> X-MEN LEGENDS (PS2/XBOX) $30.00

> ACE COMBAT 5 (PS2) $28.00

> MEN OF VALOR (XBOX) $28.00

> MARIO POWER TENNIS (GCUBE) $28.00

> BACKYARD WRESTLING 2: THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD (PS2/XBOX) $25.00

> BLOODRAYNE 2 (PS2/XBOX) $25.00

> DRAGON BALL Z: BUDOKAI 3 (PS2) $25.00

> FIGHT CLUB (PS2/XBOX) $25.00

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you. :)

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

POST LAST UPDATED

11/24/04

[quote name='el bobo']Bah, still none in PA.[/quote]

I can't believe they haven't spread these out further. I can think of at least 6 within 10 minutes of me. Meanwhile, entire states are without a GR.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='el bobo']Bah, still none in PA.[/quote]

I can't believe they haven't spread these out further. I can think of at least 6 within 10 minutes of me. Meanwhile, entire states are without a GR.[/quote]Yeah the Dallas area was lucky enoughto get several GameRushs. Yipee for us. :D

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='el bobo']Bah, still none in PA.[/quote]

I can't believe they haven't spread these out further. I can think of at least 6 within 10 minutes of me. Meanwhile, entire states are without a GR.[/quote]
I can think of 6 that are within seven hours of me... I think I should call BB help line and see if they are building any...

I'm in Maine and i cant think of any around. But I have a heck of a lot of EB's within a couple hours of me north, south, east and west

[quote name='Kelegacy']I'm in Maine and i cant think of any around. But I have a heck of a lot of EB's within a couple hours of me north, south, east and west[/quote]
I used to live in Falmouth up there, but moved since my dad got a promotion.

They're finally starting to spread around ohio...once one comes to dayton i will be in trade-in heaven :)

The GR site lists a location near me, but it's just a normal Blockbuster with it's own (cruddy) game deals.

I need to check if my GR has the Hot Games of 2004 deal going!!!this deal you trade in 2 games and get $20 off any new game $40 & up

Holy crap I just called one not only did they not know what a Gamerush was, but they offered me $4 for MK:DD and $4 for the Hobbit for GC... Bah! I say Bah! No, damnit I am not a sheep.

Attention Gamerush Employees!
(i am requesting insider information)

What is the next big deal at gamerush?
(probably starting next week)

Calling all Gamerush Employees
Can you please build a gamerush next to my house, thanks! No, then if this is possible, is there anyway you could find out the future sites where GRs are being built by asking a manager or somebody. I did try calling BB customer service, but they are not open on the weekends. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
~el bobo!

We have to do tardes here for htese deals to continue! DOn't trade to eb! Go to gamerush. Selection is less for older games but you can get new games that just came out (that weeek that is) for great deals!

Actually, for those of you that are getting new GR's, check the old games section. Each one that opned up around here started off with at least 1 of the following "Chrono Trigger, FFIII, Earthbound" amount my stupid ass picked up "none"

argh.

[quote name='Wshakspear']Actually, for those of you that are getting new GR's, check the old games section. Each one that opned up around here started off with at least 1 of the following "Chrono Trigger, FFIII, Earthbound" amount my stupid ass picked up "none"

argh.[/quote]

i hear ya :p at the gamerush on lincoln (Anaheim, CA), i picked up a breath of fire 3 (ps1), saga frontier (ps1), and i would've bought the star ocean (ps1) but it was scratched to hell. if anybody wants it, it's still available. :lol:

I just traded in some stuff and came out really well!
Traded in 5 items so the $5 extra is applied....

Halo $25
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance (Xbox) 6.50
Silpheed (PS2) $6.50
Spawn (PS2) $13
Medal Honor: Rising Sun (PS2) (Hated this game) $13
+ $20 off preorder of Smackdown vs. Raw
And have $27 left over (Free Midway Arcade Treasures 2!)
I got about $80 total in credit... GOTTA LOVE GAMERUSH!

Any ideas what their next special will be? I'd like to get some credit towards Halo 2.. if not to Circuit City to pick up some cheap ass games then for credit

I just traded in NINE DVD's and they put the credit on my GameRush card....so I got $8/DVD since that is the deal MOST BB are running :)

Now I have $214 in credit and I will probably trade a few more DVD's in while it lasts

I got like 200 in BB credit, might get a DS with that... but I'm not so sure yet...

Awww, a new Game Rush thread? I'll miss the old one. Oh well. Maybe this'll bring more people into the thread if we start a new one.

[quote name='spyhunterk19']Gamerush must hate floridians, even though the eb games by me is the 9th largest in the country....idiots[/quote]

Don't feel too bad... I think only about 10-12 states actually have GR's.

Heads up guys...

Game Rush will be transfering all there Gameboy Advance video rentals to used and sell them for $9.99. They are doing this to make room for the DS. So if you want GB Videos, be on the look out this week!

[quote name='gizmogc']Heads up guys...

Game Rush will be transfering all there Gameboy Advance video rentals to used and sell them for $9.99. They are doing this to make room for the DS. So if you want GB Videos, be on the look out this week![/quote]

Videos? Or games?

[quote name='gizmogc']Heads up guys...

Game Rush will be transfering all there Gameboy Advance video rentals to used and sell them for $9.99. They are doing this to make room for the DS. So if you want GB Videos, be on the look out this week![/quote]

Hmm. So that would explain why there was a crapload sitting in the GBA section last time I went. I bought the TMNT one and the Strawberry Shortcake one for my brother and sister-in-law (they're little kids). I also got 50% off one because they were still running the buy one used game get one 50% off deal. Two videos for $15 + tax, not bad.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']We have to do tardes here for htese deals to continue! DOn't trade to eb! Go to gamerush. Selection is less for older games but you can get new games that just came out (that weeek that is) for great deals![/quote]

EB's trade-in values are pathetic, I have never traded there and I don't plan on doing so. They could get away with offering 75c or so for games for a long time because nobody else was doing trade-ins, but now that Gamerush is getting bigger and bigger, EB are going to have to get with the program. I see they're doing a "receive an extra $25 when you trade in 5 games" deal, which sounds suspiciously like Gamerush's "receive an extra $5 per game when you trade in 3 games", only not as good.

This is a bit off topic, but hey wshakspeare, I just noticed that you're in Novi, MI. I was in the Novi CC a couple of days ago and picked up Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II for 9.96 (drove up there from Ann Arbor for some other thing and dropped by CC and TRU there next to the highway). This probably isn't true at other CC stores because I'm guessing it's a price tag error. It rang up at 29.99 but the cashier manually changed it to 9.96 and all the DAII copies were labeled 9.96. I thought I'd mention it in case you or anyone else around Novi were interested.

By the way, are there any good GR's around Novi? There aren't any around AA and I thought about checking one out the next time I'm up there because I hear so many good things about them.

There is a GameRush on Novi Road just south of 9 mi rd. on the east side of the street. They have a good number of games. Its 3 miles south of the mall with Circuit City you were at.

This is what I wrote on Thursday: I'm very pissed at GameRush. I tried to get Donkey Konga with a $10 off coupon with no trade in neccessary and the guy said that I couldn't get it for $10 off because it included the drums. What kind of shaq-fuin bullshit is this?

I'm going to try and go tomorrow and attempt to get the deal since my little sisters B-Day is on Saturday. What a shaq-fuin dick. The manager came over and said, "uh... yeah it includes those drum thingys so it's an accessory".

I go from loving GameRush to freaken hating them in a matter of minutes. They better be careful with me, since I will explode if they don't let me get Donkey Konga for $40 tomorrow.

I just went this afternoon to a different GameRush and the employee took awhile and ended up manually changing the price so I got the $10 off. Pissed off at the employee that wouldn't accept it, but I'm happy that I finally got the game for $40. 8)

Both of my sisters are loving this game, too. My 16 year old sister had alot of fun playing and it was fun telling her that she sucks over and over. :D

Hsidwolf - I work at the store in Commerce. Take M-5 to Pontiac Trail, turn right, make a left on to Haggerty, then make a right on Richardson and it's right there. Unfortunately, it is a good 15-20 minutes from the Novi store.

For another good Gamerush try the one in Wixom at Pontiac Trail and Beck.

I've found there's usually oneor two Nazis working at every Gamerush. Just remember his/her face, and just deal with another employee at a different time. The best thing to do is to go early in the morning on a weekday when there aren't any 'gamer' employees working. The regular video rental clerks will do just about anything for you and not give you too much of a hassle.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Hsidwolf - I work at the store in Commerce. Take M-5 to Pontiac Trail, turn right, make a left on to Haggerty, then make a right on Richardson and it's right there. Unfortunately, it is a good 15-20 minutes from the Novi store.

For another good Gamerush try the one in Wixom at Pontiac Trail and Beck.[/quote]

Hey Doc! I thought you worked at the Best Buy in Brighton ?

In any case, I didn't know about that GameRush location in commerce twp., thanks for the heads up. And the Wixom/Pontiac trail store is great. Their are 2 middleaged ladies who work the store on weekday mornings who never give hassles, just smiles and good service.

Here are my reviews of local Texas GameRush's. I kinda want to hear what the best stores are so for those who visit Texas Gamerush post your reviews of the store.

The Denton store is OK....employees are very knowledgable but ther isn't someone there all the time and not a very big preowned selection. Store is in a bad location and not near as good as the bigger nongamerush Blockbuster. Its an OK store but they are not very well organized.

The Rowlett store always has someone at the counter, very friendly, they are just very picky. They won't bend the rules at all. I have the most preorders at this store because they are very organized, clean, and know what they are doing..most of the time. One time the employee took 15 minutes to find the game lock key.

I go to the Mckinney and two Allen Gamerushes. I've been able to combine the two deals with each one just about every time I go. With the recent coupons I got from my OXM, I've been able to combine 3 deals 2 seperate times with a coupon also. The Allen employees told me the preorder deal ends this Monday, but still no news on what replaces it.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Hsidwolf - I work at the store in Commerce. Take M-5 to Pontiac Trail, turn right, make a left on to Haggerty, then make a right on Richardson and it's right there. Unfortunately, it is a good 15-20 minutes from the Novi store.

For another good Gamerush try the one in Wixom at Pontiac Trail and Beck.[/quote]

....i wonder which one you are. Im that guy with a white spot in his hair that never seems to leave. Yes, THAT pain in the ass :)

mainly Commerce is the closest to me, only about 5 min away.

Well it can be a little disoraginzed. i do agree to that. But you got to remeber they have the whole store wipped out on friday nights sundays they have to put it all back. Then on mondays you have new release stuff hitting the shelfs. My sister in law is the store manager at the Cumming Ga store and it allways total chaos. Then you have the gamerush stores to go with it. Now double the mess! And the Gr employyess are on different pages then the BB employess so there is allways people who will not know what deals they are running. If you get a dumbass employyee ask for the store manager. They should be able to help you more since they have to know about both sides Gr and BB. If you can deal with a little confusion and standiong in line while they find your game for 30 minutes. Its still WAY worth it to trade there. I would go TO GR 9 -10 to trades. Most oif the time you are trading your old crap to get new crap! If you want your old crap to become new to you but still old crap then go to EB. I think there are those people who are set on only going to EB to tared ( for example my brother) We gets rapped in the butt every time he trades at EB. I( just laugh at him go to BLockbuster and they pay me to take the game! ( I allways have money left over for the saem trades my bro just made. He makes them then pays eb. I make them and get paid to take my new game!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back