Killzone 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

If it so much as manages to be marginally better than Resistance, it's already awesome.

The thing is, I'm sure the game will look pretty great, but Sony already shot themselves in the foot with that video. No matter how good it looks, it won't come close to that video. I still think it will be a great looking game (not sure about how great it will play though).

I don't think that looks quite on target-- that guy is kinda jaggy. very nice nonetheless.

I can't form an opinion on a single shot. Some stuff in it looks nice but other stuff looks pretty crappy (Fix the NPC's shadow!). Shouldn't be too much longer before we see more and a possible clip of the game in action.

For one, that shot is in darkness, and the pic is small, so we can't tell yet.

Anyway, I'm stoked about the unveiling, which is why I have my Killzone 2 sig/avatar up. It will own.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']For one, that shot is in darkness, and the pic is small, so we can't tell yet.

Anyway, I'm stoked about the unveiling, which is why I have my Killzone 2 sig/avatar up. It will own.[/quote]

Copy cat. :p

killzone2screenshot11hw9.jpg

Wow that is not pretty. Blocky shadow and a blocky close-up texture. Good thing for them it's an early screenshot. Why are all the Sony fanboys getting all hyped up for Killzone 2 yet will rant that Halo sucks? The only difference is Sony is hyping one and MS is hyping the other.

[quote name='pete5883']Why are all the Sony fanboys getting all hyped up for Killzone 2 yet will rant that Halo sucks? The only difference is Sony is hyping one and MS is hyping the other.[/quote]

Well, the other difference is that the previous 2 Halo games were very well received and the previous 2 Killzone games weren't. I haven't seen any evidence that this trend will change.

[quote name='pete5883']Why are all the Sony fanboys getting all hyped up for Killzone 2 yet will rant that Halo sucks?[/quote]
I don't see any of that going on here... You were first to even mention Halo in this thread.

[quote name='dallow']EDIT:

Haha, nevermind, I think that's fake.
Any new screen makes me jumpy.[/quote]
It isn't a fake. (Er- unless you edited an image out? Only one screen is released so far so if it was different it must have been fake like you said). It is posted on IGN and it came from a USA Today Article.

Remember that screens look different compaired to the actual games. Some of these look blown up larger then they should be which of course degrades the picture a bit. Look at this smaller image (same thing) and you'll see what I mean.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Remember that screens look different compaired to the actual games. Some of these look blown up larger then they should be which of course degrades the picture a bit. Look at this smaller image (same thing) and you'll see what I mean.[/quote]

So it will look great on a PSP but blocky as hell on a 50" 1080p set? Perfect.

[quote name='javeryh']So it will look great on a PSP but blocky as hell on a 50" 1080p set? Perfect.[/quote]I hope you're being saracstic.

[quote name='dallow']I hope you're being saracstic.[/quote]

I'm always sarcastic. I just find it odd that people are getting hyped up about this when there is really nothing to suggest that the game will be any good. I guess it happens all the time but this game stands out to me for some reason...

This is true.
It's just that Killzone E3 render really messed with people.

They must deliver something good this time.

I hope this game kicks Halo's 'think its hot shit' ass. Halo is not the alpha and omega for FPS games... but the main thing, I just want the game to be good, because if Killzone sucks, then it'll probably be the last game we see in the series.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm always sarcastic. I just find it odd that people are getting hyped up about this when there is really nothing to suggest that the game will be any good. I guess it happens all the time but this game stands out to me for some reason...[/quote]

Who the heck is that directed at? Someone in this thread or... I don't know someone elsewhere across the internet? Because really your posts have little to do with what is being discussed within this thread. Crazy how "fanboy and Anti-fanboy" spills into everything.

I just find it funny you are countering fanboyism, when there doesn't really seem to be much here, and thus creating the usual pile of garbage bickering that is sure to follow.

Doesn't Sony always come out with some awesome renders and screen shots before the game releases? I remember some great PS2 games that never looked as great as the renders at E3 looked. Killzone being the first one.

[quote name='depascal22']Doesn't Sony always come out with some awesome renders and screen shots before the game releases? I remember some great PS2 games that never looked as great as the renders at E3 looked. Killzone being the first one.[/QUOTE]Actually, Sony has surpassed some, like the original GT 2000 video. GT4 ended up looking better.

I'm holding judgement until I see real game play footage. I didn't really like the first one so this isn't a Day 1 purchase for me anyway.

[quote name='pete5883']Wow that is not pretty. Blocky shadow and a blocky close-up texture. Good thing for them it's an early screenshot. Why are all the Sony fanboys getting all hyped up for Killzone 2 yet will rant that Halo sucks? The only difference is Sony is hyping one and MS is hyping the other.[/quote]

My problem is that they hyped up killzone 1 like crazy, and that was absolutely terrible (made me sell my ps2!) When Bungie hypes up their games, they hype them a bit too much, but its acceptable since they had produced quality stuff before, like HALO CE and Halo 2 (although it didnt live up to the hype... but nothing does in gaming anymore.)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Actually, Sony has surpassed some, like the original GT 2000 video. GT4 ended up looking better.[/quote]

And alot of people played GT4. :D ;)

Sorry to go OTT but how did Halo 2 not live up to expectations? It's the #1 most played game on Xbox Live right now. When people ask what the best console FPS is, most people will say Halo 2. What else did you want it to do? Granted, the ending sucked balls but the story in most games sucks balls.

Oh god, if you are all unimpressed by that... I am scared for tonights trailer.

You guys are going to rip it the fuck apart.

Its going to be chaos on the internet...

Everyone has their "AHAHAHAH TOLD YOU! SONY IS STUTPIIIDE!! KILLZONE LOOKS SOOO BAD!!!! I WAS RIGHTT!!!" already copied and ready to paste over a thousand time in each thread...

Sweet god. Help us all.

Wait a minute. Sony releases a phenomenal trailer two years ago and hasn't delivered yet. Why are we supposed to be all over Sony's nuts? Why can't we stand up and demand a little honesty from Sony and Guerilla? Killzone 1 wasn't that great so we all expeceted more of the same from Killzone 2 until that awesome trailer from two years ago. It got people pumped but what we're going to get is Killzone with a little more polish. Sorry if we're not all bowing at Sony's altar ready to offer up our first born.

Looks good, but I still think it's a bullshot. unless of course there is no HUD whatsoever in Killzone--which could be cool.

Halo 2 did not live up to a lot of people's expectations. In fairness, it is still a good game, but not the greatest game of all time as some people try to label it. Personally, I still think the original is a better game.

As for Killzone, Sony set themselves up for nothing but a fall with that original trailer. If the game is anything less than that, people are going to crucify them for it. On the other hand, I think we may end up with a pretty cool little shooter before it is all said and done, but I just wouldn't expect tonight's trailer to look like the old one. But as I've been saying for years, I would love for Sony to prove me wrong, and I'd be happy to buy it if they did. Still, it isn't fair to write this game completely off because of a stupid marketing decision. Give it a fair shake once we actually see something from it.

[quote name='mik']Looks good, but I still think it's a bullshot. unless of course there is no HUD whatsoever in Killzone--which could be cool.[/quote]But "bullshots" are supposed to make games look better than they are.

This doesn't look so hot. Looks like Haze.

HOWEVER, the dev said (in USA TODAY) that this shot is completely in the dark, and the light is coming from the gunshot.
That kind of dynamic lighting would make for some very nice gameplay.

In anycase, I'll stop judging still I see a video.

[quote name='Thomas96']I hope this game kicks Halo's 'think its hot shit' ass. Halo is not the alpha and omega for FPS games... but the main thing, I just want the game to be good, because if Killzone sucks, then it'll probably be the last game we see in the series.[/quote]

If the game isn't good (like the first two although the PSP game was about a 7) then why would you want another? It just doesn't make any sense.

bread's done
Back