Killzone 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

• Please log in to reply
2557 replies to this topic

#2551 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:37 PM

The story in KZ2 seemed empty to me, as there was little exposition at the start of the game. It felt to me like you missed tons of background narrative if you didn't play KZ1 (or perhaps the PSP game as well).

Don't play this game for the story - it's not there.
Posted Image

#2552 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:11 AM

Got my platinum trophy and 100% complete tonight.

The final battle is as tough as everyone says it is, if not tougher.
Posted Image

#2553 J7.

J7.

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:15 PM

The final battle is very easy if you use the flame thrower on him right at the beginning.

#2554 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

The final battle is very easy if you use the flame thrower on him right at the beginning.

That wasn't the difficult part - it was the second of the four checkpoints in that area. Good lord, that was hard.

I'd estimate about two dozens tries on the first, 4 tries on the third, and 3 on the final one - and I couldn't even begin to fathom how many #2 took.
Posted Image

#2555 peloquin17

peloquin17

ChuckSideMafia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

i just started playing KZ2 again.

i personally like it better than COD:MW2
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2556 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:40 PM

The story in KZ2 seemed empty to me, as there was little exposition at the start of the game. It felt to me like you missed tons of background narrative if you didn't play KZ1 (or perhaps the PSP game as well).

Don't play this game for the story - it's not there.

The Killzone 2 story is the worst videogame story I ever witnessed.

Killzone 1 plot was pretty generic, but it had great characters who were completely revamped or missing in Killzone 2.

I played the hell out of Killzone 1, I disliked Killzone 2 so much that I barely beat campaign mode before I traded it away.

#2557 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:14 PM

I'm replaying a couple games in my collection this month (Infamous, MGS4, and Killzone 2) and this game in particular stands out as to what a few months of separation can do for a game. When it came out, I kind of liked it, the graphics were good and the online had some nice things about it. Now that I've come back the environments and overall feel of the campaign is terrible. Guerilla seems to be a group of children trying to keep up in an adult's world. The music is out of place, the environments are boring and drab looking, the frame rate can't keep up with the game engine, the guns feel bad (I kind of like the "heaviness" of the guns but it just isn't fun to kill enemies), and the story is totally amateurish. Online was pretty good. I didn't stick around long but the inclusion of having multiple modes per match is brilliant. I get that a lot of people dug the game but this was just a total waste of money for me.
Steam ID: adamska2020

#2558 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:14 AM

I'm replaying a couple games in my collection this month (Infamous, MGS4, and Killzone 2) and this game in particular stands out as to what a few months of separation can do for a game. When it came out, I kind of liked it, the graphics were good and the online had some nice things about it. Now that I've come back the environments and overall feel of the campaign is terrible. Guerilla seems to be a group of children trying to keep up in an adult's world. The music is out of place, the environments are boring and drab looking, the frame rate can't keep up with the game engine, the guns feel bad (I kind of like the "heaviness" of the guns but it just isn't fun to kill enemies), and the story is totally amateurish. Online was pretty good. I didn't stick around long but the inclusion of having multiple modes per match is brilliant. I get that a lot of people dug the game but this was just a total waste of money for me.

You nailed it. That was everything I felt and you put it into words perfectly. Since I don't do online, I felt the game was almost a total dud.