Photo
- - - - -

Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

• Please log in to reply
1694 replies to this topic

#1651 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:34 AM

Anybody want to hook up for the 1v1 Survivors achievement? I've got about 7 or 8 wins already, and I'd be willing to stick around until you got it. I'll even help you get the 40,000 score one too if you don't already have it. PM me or hit me up on XBL.

#1652 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:42 AM

If you haven't found anyone yet, let me know. I think I have some wins, too, so it shouldn't take long.

#1653 MerlinGLX

MerlinGLX

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:44 PM

I should be playing this soon, I downloaded it but haven't been able to play it yet. Glad to see that it's getting positive feedback.

#1654 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:47 PM

Anybody want to hook up for the 1v1 Survivors achievement? I've got about 7 or 8 wins already, and I'd be willing to stick around until you got it. I'll even help you get the 40,000 score one too if you don't already have it. PM me or hit me up on XBL.

If you haven't found anyone yet, let me know. I think I have some wins, too, so it shouldn't take long.

Jesus, talk about a grind lol. I couldn't take it anymore. Just glad you got the achievement. I guess I'm a win or two away. I'll pick it up eventually.

#1655 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

Jesus, talk about a grind lol. I couldn't take it anymore. Just glad you got the achievement. I guess I'm a win or two away. I'll pick it up eventually.

If you want help, I am offering my assistance. Just send me a Friend Request.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1656 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

We played for like 3 hours, and I already had some wins going in, so I should be pretty close. If you want me let him win a few matches of Survivors, that would be great. Let me know when you'll be on today.

#1657 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

Seriously. Thanks for the help though man. I'm finished with the Versus achievements finally. I bought that DLC the day it released and its taken this long. :)

#1658 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:20 AM

yeah I still need

-30 wins in Team Slayers
-30 wins in Slayers
-30 wins in Survivor

I was boosting with some CAGS a few weeks ago, but most of them already got all the achievements except me. So if anyone wants to join for some boosting just msg me and we can setup a time. It gets repetitive, so we could just do a few matches here and there.

If you need help with story related achievements like a co-op partner for professional or any of the new DLC msg me as well. I already got all those, but I am willing to help when i got extra time to kill.

#1659 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:24 AM

I still need the two team achievements, Survivors, and 40x combo, so you got one. Let me know.

EDIT: Finally got around to playing some Lost in Nightmares. Wow...amazing. I definitely mourn the lack of zombies. From the way everyone was initially saying how it felt just like the old RE games, I figured there would zombies, until folks started pointing out otherwise in the thread. But still, the atmosphere is amazing and really makes me want another RE remake even more. This DLC is definitely worth the price of admission, in my opinion, because I get to play as the great Barry Burton in Mercenaries Reunion and hear his "what is this?" line.

Edited by bigdaddybruce44, 02 March 2010 - 03:18 AM.

#1660 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:54 PM

just finished Desperate Escape, and I must say it lives up to its title. One word to describe this new chapter 'Intense'. No puzzles, mansions, classic resident evil throwbacks, or lack of action here. It is a roller coaster ride till the very end. I have never seen so many damn enemies in a Resident Evil game come at me (in fact one of the achievements is to kill 150 enemies by yourself). It made me panic, and look for ways to escape if not just to catch my breath for a second before moving on.

Spoiler

It clocks in about the same length as Lost in Nightmares, and adds another 100 achievement points to go along with it. The cost is also the same as Lost in Nightmares (400pts). I definitely recommend a purchase just like I did with Lost in Nightmares.

#1661 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:58 PM

Sounds awesome, can't wait to play it tonight.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#1662 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:50 PM

I saw a few mentions on 360Achievements that the achievements for Escape might be glitched.

#1663 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

They don't show up on Xbox.com, so its the same problem as Dark Void.

I purchased it, but I'll be waiting to play it until they fix. Or until I'm done with Borderlands. Either or.

#1664 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:03 AM

just finished Desperate Escape, and I must say it lives up to its title. One word to describe this new chapter 'Intense'. No puzzles, mansions, classic resident evil throwbacks, or lack of action here. It is a roller coaster ride till the very end. I have never seen so many damn enemies in a Resident Evil game come at me (in fact one of the achievements is to kill 150 enemies by yourself). It made me panic, and look for ways to escape if not just to catch my breath for a second before moving on.

Spoiler

It clocks in about the same length as Lost in Nightmares, and adds another 100 achievement points to go along with it. The cost is also the same as Lost in Nightmares (400pts). I definitely recommend a purchase just like I did with Lost in Nightmares.

thanks, tenzor! I was checking in to see when the second DLC was hitting the streets. glad you posted a quick review up. I'm getting it as soon as I get the chance.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#1665 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:50 AM

I guess I will be holding off on playing Desperate Escape until the achievements are fixed.

EDIT: The achievements now show up on Xbox.com

Edited by bigdaddybruce44, 04 March 2010 - 04:54 PM.

#1666 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

Crap my gamercard doesn't list the achievements! I got them just after 11 p.m. central last night. Does this mean I have to reearn them? Or do I have to recover my gamertag? Or will it be fixed when I turn my 360 back on tonight?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1667 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:42 AM

Try recovering your GT first. If it doesn't work, I think you need to re-earn them.

I tried playing it on Amateur earlier. SOOO many enemies! It was crazy.

#1668 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:07 AM

I played for a little on Veteran before, but didn't have time to finish. This definitely looks to be very intense, as tenzor said.

#1669 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:17 AM

So they show up when I'm looking at my Gamertag on my system, but not on xbox.com. Still have to recover my gamertag?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1670 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:07 PM

Is anyone else having connection issues with Desperate Escape while playing online?

I was trying to run through it with a buddy last night, and every game we played, there would be a random disconnect during the game; the first time it happened when trying to kick open the first "team" door, and then later when going to pick up a random ammo drop.

It happened both when he and I hosted, so I don't think it was an issue with our internet connections.

#1671 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

Had no connection issues on Wednesday night, just the achievement glitch.

42869.png

#1672 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:34 AM

Just completed Desperate Escape. That was intense. They threw everything at you; except the kitchen sink! Another great DLC.

Spoiler

I couldn't believe the number of enemies coming at me constantly. Seems like these guys respawned infinitely. This chapter (DE) plays closer to Mercenaries & Mercenaries Reunion though; in terms of action. The storyline ties directly into the main campaign, so players will be able see 'another perspective.'

There are allusions to some early environments in RE4, so that was a nice touch. Basically, when Chris and Sheva go chasing down Wesker and Excella onboard the cargo ship, this chapter reveals what happens to Jill and Josh at the docks.

Capcom hit the mark spot on with these two DLC chapters; and additional characters. I hope they're able to keep this variety in RE6.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#1673 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:33 AM

I just started RE5 tonight and played about 2 and a half hours. I made it through the first 5 levels (chapters 1 and 2). I love it so far. I can tell it will be a short game, but that's just what I need right now with my massive backlog.

I love the Resident Evil games. I've owned the GC remake of RE1, the N64 version of RE2 (which was my first RE and is the only one I've beaten), the PS version of RE3, the GC version of RE4, and the DC version of Code Veronica (my favorite in the series).

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#1674 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:30 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...told-stories-b/

Bundle is out today - 960 :360: ($12) for both new episodes and all costumes (no deathmatch).

#1675 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:25 AM

http://www.joystiq.c...told-stories-b/

Bundle is out today - 960 :360: ($12) for both new episodes and all costumes (no deathmatch).

awe man, plus the combined DLC pack saves around 400MB of memory space on the HDD!! For those of us still trapped on the 20GB HDD, and running out of memory, this is significant.

#1676 IceBlueShoes

IceBlueShoes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:37 PM

Not sure which 1 to get. Get points and the base version or just go for the gold...
I don't really care for DM, might only play it once or twice...

Although since we get screwed over with the MS Points here in Canada I'm leaning towards the Gold one...
Hmm...
Posted Image
Mr.Mosquito, where art thou? :whee::pray:

#1677 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

I thought Lost in Nightmares was awesome. Classic RE feel and I liked it more than fighting a million majini at a time.

Desparate Escape on the other hand, sucked. If I wanted Mercenaries I'd play Mercenaries.

#1678 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:34 PM

That's similar to what the Game Informer review I just read said.

Glad I waited for the "actual finished game edition". Though I still have to pick a platform :-D
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#1679 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

That's similar to what the Game Informer review I just read said.

Glad I waited for the "actual finished game edition". Though I still have to pick a platform :-D

The Gold Edition is fucking retarded. The original game retails now for 30 dollars. The new content all costs 14 dollars. Why would you pay an extra 6 bucks for the Gold Edition?

I would only buy the Gold Edition if I happened to have some store credit lying around that wasn't really aimed towards any specific game.

#1680 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

It'll come down in price, plus this way you own the extra content.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image