Photo
- - - - -

Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

• Please log in to reply
1694 replies to this topic

#1681 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

You would own the content regardless. All the 360 version gives you as far as the DLC goes is a free token to download it.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#1682 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

The Gold Edition is fucking retarded. The original game retails now for 30 dollars. The new content all costs 14 dollars. Why would you pay an extra 6 bucks for the Gold Edition?

I would only buy the Gold Edition if I happened to have some store credit lying around that wasn't really aimed towards any specific game.

Actually it has the vs. mode also so it's $19 MSRP worth of DLC.

The big thing on the Gold edition for PS3 owners is that they can get it all on 1 disc if they haven't bought the game yet. For us 360 owners, it's best just to get RE 5 cheap (I got it for $12 shipped from Gamefly) then buy whatever DLC you want a la carte.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1683 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

You would own the content regardless.

Hope. Not if it's on Live Arcade.

All the 360 version gives you as far as the DLC goes is a free token to download it.

The big thing on the Gold edition for PS3 owners is that they can get it all on 1 disc if they haven't bought the game yet. For us 360 owners, it's best just to get RE 5 cheap (I got it for $12 shipped from Gamefly) then buy whatever DLC you want a la carte.

Dang, that sucks if the 360 one doesn't include a second disc :-/ In fact, it might be false advertising...except I'm sure it tells you in small print somewhere on the box :lol:
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#1684 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:09 PM

How is the versus content for RE5 anyway? Only DLC for RE5 I haven't bought yet. Worth it?

#1685 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:09 PM

Finally finished the DLC for this over the weekend. Lost In Nightmares was a lot of fun. Desperate Escape was alright, but I was ready to punch a kitten trying to finish it on Professional. Thank God that's over with.
Posted Image

#1686 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

Ah well shit the bed then. I didn't know it came with Vs.

And I can understand the PS3 version, although what exactly is the benefit to it being on one disc as opposed to having it on DLC?

#1687 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:25 PM

You own it, plus you don't have to provide the storage space for it.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#1688 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:33 PM

Dear Capcom, release a complete DLC pack and I'm there....

#1689 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

Hope. Not if it's on Live Arcade.

Dang, that sucks if the 360 one doesn't include a second disc :-/ In fact, it might be false advertising...except I'm sure it tells you in small print somewhere on the box :lol:

Compared to the PS3, the owning sense is different, but if we're talking just 360, they're the exact same in that regard.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#1690 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:44 AM

Dear Capcom, release a complete DLC pack and I'm there....

The one with both story DLCs and the new costume pack for $12 plus the $5 versus DLC (I'd recommend this if you want all achievements only, its not fun) is a $17 bundle, I'm not sure if there is any other DLC, maybe an earlier costume pack?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1691 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:59 AM

How is the versus content for RE5 anyway? Only DLC for RE5 I haven't bought yet. Worth it?

It's only $5, so I won't say it isn't worth it, but it's not that good. There are two modes. Slayers can be fun. It's basically competitive Mercenaries. You can shoot the other players, but for the most part, I find folks go by the gentleman's agreement that if you don't shoot me, I won't shoot you. Survivors, on the other hand, is just like a standard DM/TDM, and that's just...ugh. Imagine trying to shoot a non-AI with Resident Evil controls. Sound fun? Didn't think so.

#1692 IceBlueShoes

IceBlueShoes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:03 PM

It's only $5, so I won't say it isn't worth it, but it's not that good. There are two modes. Slayers can be fun. It's basically competitive Mercenaries. You can shoot the other players, but for the most part, I find folks go by the gentleman's agreement that if you don't shoot me, I won't shoot you. Survivors, on the other hand, is just like a standard DM/TDM, and that's just...ugh. Imagine trying to shoot a non-AI with Resident Evil controls. Sound fun? Didn't think so.

I think I'll try to find a used copy of RE5 and then just download the extra content later on.
Unless if the costumes actually do something to affect gameplay, they don't seem worth paying for to me short of a sale online.
Posted Image
Mr.Mosquito, where art thou? :whee::pray:

#1693 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:39 PM

Anybody wanna help me beat the two DLC stuff that is out? I want to play on professional but Normal is good as well. Just hit me up with a FR or a Message on XBL!

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1694 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:34 AM

so is desperate escape worth the $5 to download it?

I did enjoy the more action packed levels of RE5 but I'd like to know what level(s) it compares to in terms of replay value and length to complete

Eh, kinda. It was okay but it's essentially a mercenaries level without a timer. Probably an hour and a half to two hours long on Professional your first time through. That's only because of difficulty though. Play on easy and it will likely be less than thirty minutes.

#1695 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:33 PM

Anybody wanna help me beat the two DLC stuff that is out? I want to play on professional but Normal is good as well. Just hit me up with a FR or a Message on XBL!

I would since I'm already on your FL but I really don't want to have to play through them again ;)

Already played through both of them around 3-4 times each when they first came out.
Posted ImagePosted Image