CheapyD's Next Japanese Cellphone???

Very cool smart phone Cheapy. I myself am a fan of the orange model. The white one looks odd, love the windows mobile and most importantly ENGLISH! It reminds me somewhat of the T-Mobile Dash.

What's the buzz in Japan on iPhone?

Is there a buzz on iPhone?

I know there's Mac following, but the choice of phones in Japan and overseas in general is staggering.

iPhone won't be out until 2008 in Japan, so there is no buzz...yet.
We don't even know which carrier will support it.

You should be able to import that phone to the US once it come out here.. Of course you can just buy an unlocked HTC 3G phone and it would work fine on Softbank over in Japan. You just need to make sure it has the correct HSDPA frequency which I think is 2100.

Having a phone like that will let you use it both in the US and Japan. Softbank has a SIM rental plan which is affordable for Japan.

[quote name='CheapyD']iPhone won't be out until 2008 in Japan, so there is no buzz...yet.
We don't even know which carrier will support it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not that familiar with overseas carriers, but does Japan have like AT&T or Cingular? Or are all the providers there local companies?

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']I'm not that familiar with overseas carriers, but does Japan have like AT&T or Cingular? Or are all the providers there local companies?[/quote]
Nah, those companies aren't here.

There are three main players:
NTT DoCoMo
Softbank (formerly Vodafone)
AU/KDDI

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Very cool smart phone Cheapy. I myself am a fan of the orange model. The white one looks odd, love the windows mobile and most importantly ENGLISH! It reminds me somewhat of the T-Mobile Dash.[/quote]

Thats what I thought, almost exactly like the dash. Hopefully its not fragile like the dash was though.

Everyone I know that had the dash cracked the screen by the phone just sitting inside their pockets. But I do love that orange :drool:

Softbank gets crappy reception in my area, and DoCoMo is unnecessarily expensive, so I went with AU. While they`ve treated me great so far, the phones definitely aren`t as tricked-out as that one. Foo.

Very nice! No TV though? Unless you have a daily commute I suppose you might not use it, but it still seems neat to have. My friend has an AU phone that lets you pause/rewind/record/etc. live TV XD
I'm waiting for the HTC Kaiser to come out over in the States~ I'm due for an upgrade at the beginning of 2008.

Im thinking of importing Looks like a very good phone and I need a better phone for the Job i just got so...

[quote name='hellojenniferkitty']Very nice! No TV though? Unless you have a daily commute I suppose you might not use it, but it still seems neat to have. My friend has an AU phone that lets you pause/rewind/record/etc. live TV XD
I'm waiting for the HTC Kaiser to come out over in the States~ I'm due for an upgrade at the beginning of 2008.[/quote]

Yeah, but those phones get JAPANESE TV which is pretty weak. Also, I'd imagine you would lose reception in the subway tunnels, making it pretty useless for most commutes. Sure, the picture quality is excellent, but who wants to watch shows about hotsprings and food on their cellphone.

Hopefully, I can get slingbox working with this one, but honestly, the keyboard and english OS is the most important feature to me.

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, but those phones get JAPANESE TV which is pretty weak. Also, I'd imagine you would lose reception in the subway tunnels, making it pretty useless for most commutes. Sure, the picture quality is excellent, but who wants to watch shows about hotsprings and food on their cellphone.

Hopefully, I can get slingbox working with this one, but honestly, the keyboard and english OS is the most important feature to me.[/quote]

Haha okay well I was thinking of a) riding the JR trains which are above ground and therefore won't hurt your reception b) the fact that I think Japanese TV is hilarious, especially late-night shows so I guess the answer to who would want to watch that stuff is me XD

Yeah, I can see keyboard/English being important - even though I can read/speak Japanese I still opted for a bilingual phone when I was there. That might have also been because it was free, though.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Very cool smart phone Cheapy. I myself am a fan of the orange model. The white one looks odd, love the windows mobile and most importantly ENGLISH! It reminds me somewhat of the T-Mobile Dash.[/QUOTE]

That's because it is the replacement for the Dash/HTC whatevercrazyproductname they give it.

Nice phone Cheapy! I like my HTC TyTn also, H-town, just wish the "hot" buttons on the side weren't so close together and had better alarm clock functionality to wake me up and brew me coffee in the morning.

No one cares about the iPhone in Japan. At least, the only thing they last reported on TV was that they had a price drop, and US people were angry.

[quote name='CheapyD']iPhone won't be out until 2008 in Japan, so there is no buzz...yet.
We don't even know which carrier will support it.[/quote]

Wow, iPhone not out in Japan until 2008. It's been out here in England for a little while, it's usually Japan that gets all of the new technology first.

[quote name='Xrazor']I just got a Trio so no more new phone for me , but i still love this phone =)[/quote]

Lol according to Simmons in Transformers, Nokia is Japanese.

Japanese version of the T-Mo Dash. I actually own the Dash, and personally I love WM6. It looks amazing and runs pretty well.

[quote name='DJSteel']did Valve make this?? This may be Gordon Freeman's wet dream...[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that actually would involve Alyx, some sweaty holes, and a massive crowbar...nice try though.

bread's done
Back