CheapyD's Next Japanese Cellphone???

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:23 AM

Coming out very soon and available in CAG orange/grey!
It's a new HTC phone which runs Windows Mobile 6, has wi-fi, 2mp camera, 3G/global roaming, bluetooth, and English support!
No word on price yet.

http://mb.softbank.j...02ht/index.html

Posted Image

#2 ch3zyp00fs

ch3zyp00fs

CAGcast Groupie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:38 AM

Very cool smart phone Cheapy. I myself am a fan of the orange model. The white one looks odd, love the windows mobile and most importantly ENGLISH! It reminds me somewhat of the T-Mobile Dash.
Use the Swagbucks Google Search Engine and Win Prizes with me! Click the banner and lets get points and FREE SWAG!

Posted Image

#3 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:57 AM

perfect for halloween
"Men have become the tools of their tools." - Thoreau
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn
Posted ImagePosted Image DVDs My Games

#4 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:21 AM

Windows Mobile? I'll import it if it can run Linux.

#5 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:48 AM

I'm liking the orange, it looks very slick.

#6 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:51 AM

Damn. I want a new keitai!

I've had a Docomo D902iS for about a year now and I want something smaller!

#7 weevles

weevles

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:55 AM

What's the buzz in Japan on iPhone?

Is there a buzz on iPhone?

I know there's Mac following, but the choice of phones in Japan and overseas in general is staggering.

#8 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:25 AM

iPhone won't be out until 2008 in Japan, so there is no buzz...yet.
We don't even know which carrier will support it.

#9 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:56 PM

Very nice!!!!! I bet that thing is gonna cost a fortune though to import, all those Jap phones do.

#10 Gshocker

Gshocker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:28 PM

You should be able to import that phone to the US once it come out here.. Of course you can just buy an unlocked HTC 3G phone and it would work fine on Softbank over in Japan. You just need to make sure it has the correct HSDPA frequency which I think is 2100.

Having a phone like that will let you use it both in the US and Japan. Softbank has a SIM rental plan which is affordable for Japan.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:05 AM

Looks like a HALF LIFE edition phone.
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#12 ch3zyp00fs

ch3zyp00fs

CAGcast Groupie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:15 PM

I'm not that familiar with overseas carriers, but does Japan have like AT&T or Cingular? Or are all the providers there local companies?
Use the Swagbucks Google Search Engine and Win Prizes with me! Click the banner and lets get points and FREE SWAG!

Posted Image

#13 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:38 PM

I'm not that familiar with overseas carriers, but does Japan have like AT&T or Cingular? Or are all the providers there local companies?

Nah, those companies aren't here.

There are three main players:
NTT DoCoMo
Softbank (formerly Vodafone)
AU/KDDI

#14 H-Town Info

H-Town Info

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:40 PM

i have all of those features on my htc tytn phone
Posted Image

It never ends and there's always somebody out there with better shit than you, explain this to him while you put your foot in his ass. Violence is the only answer sometimes. Most of the time. All the time.

#15 bobthecat23

bobthecat23

Més que un Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2007 - 12:28 AM

cheapy wait for the iphone and get that it will rule the japanese

Posted Image

#16 Gshocker

Gshocker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:45 PM

I wonder who will have the iPhone in Japan.. Crazy thing is here are some Japanese people who got the phone even though it doesn't work as a phone in Japan - http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Graystone

Graystone

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:33 AM

The Asian market has the best cell phones hands down.

#18 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:13 AM

Looks sexy. I'm in the market for a PDA capabilities phone as well...but nothing that great is here yet :cry:

#19 Prepster

Prepster

The Bulls are Back!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:53 PM

Very cool smart phone Cheapy. I myself am a fan of the orange model. The white one looks odd, love the windows mobile and most importantly ENGLISH! It reminds me somewhat of the T-Mobile Dash.

Thats what I thought, almost exactly like the dash. Hopefully its not fragile like the dash was though.

Everyone I know that had the dash cracked the screen by the phone just sitting inside their pockets. But I do love that orange :drool:

Chi-Town Forever baby!

Posted Image

#20 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:22 AM

Softbank gets crappy reception in my area, and DoCoMo is unnecessarily expensive, so I went with AU. While they`ve treated me great so far, the phones definitely aren`t as tricked-out as that one. Foo.
Posted Image

#21 hellojenniferkitty

hellojenniferkitty

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:36 AM

Very nice! No TV though? Unless you have a daily commute I suppose you might not use it, but it still seems neat to have. My friend has an AU phone that lets you pause/rewind/record/etc. live TV XD
I'm waiting for the HTC Kaiser to come out over in the States~ I'm due for an upgrade at the beginning of 2008.

#22 Xrazor

Xrazor

AmericanPie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:21 PM

Im thinking of importing Looks like a very good phone and I need a better phone for the Job i just got so...

#23 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:24 AM

Very nice! No TV though? Unless you have a daily commute I suppose you might not use it, but it still seems neat to have. My friend has an AU phone that lets you pause/rewind/record/etc. live TV XD
I'm waiting for the HTC Kaiser to come out over in the States~ I'm due for an upgrade at the beginning of 2008.

Yeah, but those phones get JAPANESE TV which is pretty weak. Also, I'd imagine you would lose reception in the subway tunnels, making it pretty useless for most commutes. Sure, the picture quality is excellent, but who wants to watch shows about hotsprings and food on their cellphone.

Hopefully, I can get slingbox working with this one, but honestly, the keyboard and english OS is the most important feature to me.

#24 hellojenniferkitty

hellojenniferkitty

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:15 AM

Yeah, but those phones get JAPANESE TV which is pretty weak. Also, I'd imagine you would lose reception in the subway tunnels, making it pretty useless for most commutes. Sure, the picture quality is excellent, but who wants to watch shows about hotsprings and food on their cellphone.

Hopefully, I can get slingbox working with this one, but honestly, the keyboard and english OS is the most important feature to me.

Haha okay well I was thinking of a) riding the JR trains which are above ground and therefore won't hurt your reception b) the fact that I think Japanese TV is hilarious, especially late-night shows so I guess the answer to who would want to watch that stuff is me XD

Yeah, I can see keyboard/English being important - even though I can read/speak Japanese I still opted for a bilingual phone when I was there. That might have also been because it was free, though.

#25 milkham

milkham

Master Massaginist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:35 AM

That's because it is the replacement for the Dash/HTC whatevercrazyproductname they give it.
Posted Image
^^^^^That is Waka Inoue^^^^^^

Check My List | [url=http://flickr.com/photos/milkman/]My Flickr Page |

#26 xRiskyx

xRiskyx

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:04 AM

Japanese cell phones are overrated. Nokias are so much nicer.

#27 Xrazor

Xrazor

AmericanPie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:13 PM

I just got a Trio so no more new phone for me , but i still love this phone =)

#28 stratman71

stratman71

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:52 PM

Nice phone Cheapy! I like my HTC TyTn also, H-town, just wish the "hot" buttons on the side weren't so close together and had better alarm clock functionality to wake me up and brew me coffee in the morning.
Posted Image

#29 SonicPower

SonicPower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:04 AM

No one cares about the iPhone in Japan. At least, the only thing they last reported on TV was that they had a price drop, and US people were angry.

Fact: Did you know Ninja Gaiden was for Xbox 1? A lot of gamers do not know. Don't trust me? Go to stores like Target and Wal-mart and ask.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 LittleWildman

LittleWildman

I R Drummer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:50 AM

Wow, iPhone not out in Japan until 2008. It's been out here in England for a little while, it's usually Japan that gets all of the new technology first.