One Free Copy of Harvest Moon(GBC)

Makaveli_The_Don

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I have One Copy of Harvest Moon for GBC.

Its only the cart and it has a sticker on the back.

I have no use for it and there is very little money if I sold it.

03_7.JPG

So, I'm giving it away for FREE.

And I'll even pay shipping.

Now here comes the catch.....

You have to write a short essay. On what?

On who you think is the Best Rapper of all time and why.

Some of you might think its too much work, while others have the free time.

Also make it between 100-500 words.

In a week, I'll pick a winner.

heres my essay... 143 words.

I think Tupac is the greatest rapper ever. You may think that it's Puff Daddy, but you would be wrong. Tupac is way more thug than Puffy. Let's look at the fact. First off, Tupac is from the streets. Puff Daddy is some mama's boy producer who had a fat friend die. Which bring me to my next point, Biggie Smalls died, but more people cared when Tupac died. Point three, he has THUG LIFE tattooed on his tummy, now if that isn't gangsta I don't know what is. I wouldn't get THUG LIFE tattooed on me, I'm not nearly as gangsta as Tupac, and neither is Puff Daddy or the Notorious BIG. So in conclusion, Tupac is way gangsta and thug, he is better at rhyming and he has way sweet tattoos.

I think Chali 2na is the greatest rapper ever. A member of Jurassic 5 and the founder of Ozomatli, 2na has one of the deepest, most recognizable voices in all of rap. I consider 2na to be a true rapper unlike many of the current day rap artists. 2na is not afraid to speak his mind and raps about social and moral issues that affect everyone. He is also very vocal critc against the War in Iraq and against President George W. Bush. 2na has the ability to mix several genres in his music. From soul, salsa, funk, and alternative rock, each of Chali 2na's songs are unique. He has also collaborated with Black Eyed Peas, Linkin Park, Breakstra, and Sergio Mendes. In a music industry filled with common, boring hip-hop/rap artists like T-Pain, Lil Jon, etc., Chali 2na brings a fresh, unique perspective that is definitely worth listening.

The greatest rapper of all time is MC Chris. And only for I want candy. Most other rap music promotes things that are the downfall of my generation. The downgrading of women is going to cause major problems 20 years down the road when the women that are getting all the attention because they put out end up becoming nasty things that no one wants. But it is completely okay that most rap music rotates around sex. On to drugs and booze. As I watch the older people degrade at an alarming rate that I work with, it shows me that my generation is in serious trouble. No longer will people be living into their 80s. They will die much sooner for the punishment that they are putting their bodies through. So I really don’t see the need of typing more. Rap = Destroying the Culture of America.

Let the bashing begin.

The greatest rapper(s) of all time are those who use their talents and lyrics to bring people together and improve the lives of those who listen to their music. Too often are the airwaves poisoned with "artists" who push the "nigga" agenda and speak of bitchez, drugs, money, bling, and "how hard it is to survive" being at the top.

There are too many people out there thinking this is the kind of life they want to lead as they listen to this music and idolize these rappers, and over time they too take on the "morals" of these people, with the degradation of women, language, and shallow lifestyles.

That being said, here's an example of the rap I like:

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01350/http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01350/

Perhaps appropriately for these forums, it is a VG Remix.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']The greatest rapper(s) of all time are those who use their talents and lyrics to bring people together and improve the lives of those who listen to their music. Too often are the airwaves poisoned with "artists" who push the "nigga" agenda and speak of bitchez, drugs, money, bling, and "how hard it is to survive" being at the top.

There are too many people out there thinking this is the kind of life they want to lead as they listen to this music and idolize these rappers, and over time they too take on the "morals" of these people, with the degradation of women, language, and shallow lifestyles.

That being said, here's an example of the rap I like:

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01350/

Perhaps appropriately for these forums, it is a VG Remix.

~HotShotX[/quote]

This is whay I ment. Except he came off alot better than I did. I agree completely :applause::applause:

The best rapper is Tupac because you like him enough to put him up as your avatar. He is so awesome because he's pretending to be dead to sell more records. Everyone knows that Tupac is really alive layin' low bringing in all the proverbial fat cash. Pick me. The end.

The best rapper from history is Grandmaster Flash. Grandmaster Flash's prominence in the rap genre shows prevalence to this very day; by pioneering the rap genre, he influenced many young kids into that genre of music, such as young Tupac and others. Grandmaster Flash was the role model for a generation of future rappers. Without Grandmaster Flash, rap would not be as it is today, possibly even nonexistant and everyone would have to listen to horrific country music.

The best rapper of all time is Tsunemi Chiba, from Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad (anime). He is, well, the only rapper I know (other than Eminem *insert laugh track here*). Although, technically, Chiba really isn't a rapper either (implying Eminem isn't a rapper, of course). He is called a "punk rock" singer when others describe him.

That begs the question, what defines an artist as a rapper? Chiba is a rapper to me. He "sings" so fast that I can't understand, but I gotta "sing" along. There's a fluidity in the words, and an impulsiveness that is indescribable. Besides, it's always awesome to listen (and "sing") a song that mixes Japanese and English. (Especially because he doesn't understand English, just knows how to say the words, lol).

Here's a clip of one of the songs Chiba sings. He's the one in the green shirt with the afro. Sorry the song has lyrics you can't see, and subed in French, lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m88R5JgjEU&mode=related&search= (This isn't the song I was looking for to represent my case, it was actually a song called "Spice of Life" but I can't find a vid of it.)

Pullin' out the OC Remixes. Awesome. However, I'll do you one better:

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01236/

The single greatest rap of all fucking time. Give it a listen and argue me about it, if you dare.

edit: This was done by a fat white kid that looks like the star wars kid, by the way. Knowing that fact makes it even better.

Method Man is the greatest rapper of all time. No one has ever had beef with Meth; when the east coast/west coast shit was at it's deepest he was rapping on All Eyez in Me. His biggest beef was with Diddy, but Meth is such a badass Diddy agreed to work on Tical 0: The prequel anyway. Mary J. Blige has been relevant for over 15 years but her biggest hit was her duet with Meth, winning a Grammy and reaching #3 on the pop charts. Meth is so respected he was the only rapper to appear on Ready to Die. Meth is a showman: when he introduced Roy Jones, Jr. at Radio City Music Hall it was the coolest thing I've seen in the history of boxing. Meth can act: outside of Ice Cube he's had probably the best acting career of any rapper, appearing in stuff as diverse as How High, The Wire, (where he played Michael Vick) and Garden State.

And Meth can put it down. From funny rhymes (Boogie, represent this shit fully, Like I'm constantly at war with the town bully, Who want that pressure, about to get smacked silly, Like a fat bitch in Spandex, free Willy!), quoting Balzac (Sign of the times, conspiracy to overthrow the mind, Behind every fortune there's a crime, This technique is tech-9), to the sublime (Quick on the draw with my hands on the four - nine three eleven with the rugged rhymes galore) no one can rhyme like him.

(4-9-3-11 spells D-I-C-K in the alphabet)

I personally can't decide the best rapper, but my favorite would have to be Ludacris. Sure he seems like a typical rapper, but he's creative (music video wise, i guess) and he makes songs entertaining. It's not always about telling your fans how drunk you were, how you've got to stay fly, or even how to show people you can whisper in their ears.

Also, Luda looks like a rapper who not only cares for his fans but respects them too. I've heard plenty of good things about him on stage and how he treated his followers. On a side note, when he collaberated with Sum 41 not only did the rock/hip-hop/rap duo succesfully unite for an album, but it was actually worth hearing as well.

[quote name='Bagel Fuzzynuts']Pullin' out the OC Remixes. Awesome. However, I'll do you one better:

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01236/

The single greatest rap of all fucking time. Give it a listen and argue me about it, if you dare.

edit: This was done by a fat white kid that looks like the star wars kid, by the way. Knowing that fact makes it even better.[/quote]What the crap, Bagel? I haven't heard from you since UnMod. No idea you were on this board.

There is no really contest for who the best rapper of all time is. Shaq is the true king of rap and other things. His rap career began with a booming start, making him millions and increasing his popularity so he was known worldwide. This was an amazing feat in itself, a basketball player becoming a rapper. Ridiculous some might have though back then, but oh how wrong they were.

He constantly topped the charts with his singles. All seemed good for Shaq...but this was not so. People were getting jealous, angry, and frustrated that a mere basketball player could do such amazing work with his rapping talents.

They began to form a plan to decide who could take him out and then they found someone, someone even more ridiculous to have a rapping career. Christopher Columbus. Not only was he just a sailor of sorts, but he was also dead. If anyone could beat Shaq at his game, it would be Columbus.

One day while rapping a new soon to be hit, he was approached by zombie Columbus. They got into a epic battle, they were fighting (Shaq using his patented Shaq Fu), balling, and rapping at the same time. It was possibly the most epic thing to happen to the human race. Cities were destroyed in this battle of talents and wits.

Finally, it looked like it was all over. Shaq's shaq fu wasn't doing much against zombie Columbus. It was just not an easy task re-killing someone. With cities destroyed, and zombie Columbus about to win Shaq suddenly came up with a new rap out of nowhere. It was amazing, it was the best song ever in the history of mankind...nay, the best piece of music ever. It was so good zombie Columbus' head exploded. Safety was once again insured for Shaq and his rapping career.

It wasn't as happy as it had seemed though. Shaq decided to give up his rapping career for the good of mankind. He couldn't live with himself if such destruction was brought about again, so he stopped.

Now he is focusing his talents in basketball just like how it started.

Shaq is the greatest rapper because he, in a way saved not only himself, but the world.

The end.

Glad to see someone else praise Chali 2na. I'm burned out right now from the Political Science paper I just finished, but expect a short piece on Deltron sometime tomorrow.

vanillaicetotheextreme2hc4.jpg

Vanilla Ice is the best rapper of all time. Vanilla Ice is the best rapper of all time. Vanilla Ice is the best rapper of all time.
Vanilla Ice is the best rapper of all time. Vanilla Ice is the best rapper of all time. Vanilla Ice is the best rapper of all time.
Vanilla Ice is the best rapper of all time. Vanilla Ice is the best rapper of all time. Yeah!

Honestly, conceited as he is (and as much as I'm sure he'd love to hear me say it), I really believe that Kanye West is the best rapper currently working, or at least my personal favorite.

I was actually introduced to him by my 66-year old English professor during my freshman year. She said that he "has a way with words not seen since the best beat poetry of the 60's and 70's," and I must say I agree. The cadence and rhythm of his words is entirely unique and his words seem to flow seamlessly into one another, which, in addition to being an interesting effect, is just damn good writing.

He "has a backpack" (to paraphrase and put it nicely), and it shows in his word choice and the way he articulates things. It's interesting to juxtapose his actual rapping with the beats he chooses, too, as, in the same way that his words flow together, the beats and samples he uses are mind-blowingly complex and layered, and also seem continuous, even with mutliple tempo changes. It's amazing how multifaceted some of his songs are in terms of the time changes and varied beats that flow along with his words, almost never seeming out of place regardless of how dramatically different they are.

In terms of his place in modern rap, his subject matter is noteworthy, too. Kanye has rapped about everything from the trade of blood diamonds to his childhood to how much he loves his mother, but never comes across as trying too hard to stretch for a connection. As egotistical as he may be, his words (and his songs in general) are entirely genuine, which is rare in a genre that seems entirely manufactured as of late. I definitely think that he's a standout performer and the best rapper that comes to mind.

My Essay: I think rap is the most idiotic type of music ever invented. The only people who become rappers, are the ones with no talent. Because you don't have to have talent to become a rapper. You don't need to play an instrument, all you need to do is talk about how much of a lowlife peice of crap you are. You start out by talking about cars, then money, then girls, then how you got shot. Then, you add some stupid beat that you didn't even create, you either stole it from someone else or made it with a synthesizer. So, who do I think is the best rapper of all time? No one. 99% of rappers are complete morons and deserve to be shot on the spot. The other 1% are rappers that actually have talent, and can talk about something besides bitches and hoes. But I won't mention them, because you probably think they suck, because your mind is the size of a pea.

Just remember one thing: There's a reason why RAP is just CRAP without a C.

Do I win?

[quote name='yukine']
vanillaicetotheextreme2hc4.jpg

Vanilla Ice is the best rapper of all time. Vanilla Ice is the best rapper of all time. Yeah![/quote]

That lying bag of crap? Most people only know one song of his. Ice Ice Baby. Do you know why they know it? Because he STOLE Queen and David Bowie's beat, and used it in his song.

[quote name='Access_Denied']That lying bag of crap? Most people only know one song of his. Ice Ice Baby. Do you know why they know it? Because he STOLE Queen and David Bowie's beat, and used it in his song.[/QUOTE]
He was also in Ninja Turtles too and rapped for them. Awesome stuff.

no time for love Dr. Jones.... i'll write more later, but i'm shocked that no one has mentioned Kool Keith or Gift of Gab yet... KRS One? Slick Rick the Storyteller? Vanilla Ice was the right idea, but too obvious... Biz Markie would have hit the spot.

[quote name='whoknows']He was also in Ninja Turtles too and rapped for them. Awesome stuff.[/quote]

I'd be more respectful if it wasn't for that picture. :whistle2:|

[quote name='Access_Denied']That lying bag of crap? Most people only know one song of his. Ice Ice Baby. Do you know why they know it? Because he STOLE Queen and David Bowie's beat, and used it in his song.[/quote]
You do know I was kidding... right?
Or was I!?

yall suck.....any member from a tribe called quest is the best rapper, and if you claim to like rap and don't know who they are, you are a dumbass. And to the guy who said that all rappers should be shot, these guys actually make real intelligent lyrics about things other than just bitches, hos, and bling. They also have very strong beats that they actually did make themselves. So, in conclusion.... ALTERNATIVE RAP FTW!!!

get this album, it will change your life
A_Tribe_Called_Quest_The_Lo.jpg

An essay on The best rapperLet us commence a journey into the much travelled topic of The best rapper. Underestimate The best rapper at your peril. Indispensable to homosapians today, its influence on western cinema has not been given proper recognition. It still has the power to shock the over 50, many of whom blame the influence of television. Here begins my indepth analysis of the glourious subject of The best rapper.
Social Factors
There is cultural and institutional interdependence between members of any community. When Sir Bernard Chivilary said 'hounds will feast on society' [1] he failed to understand that if one seriously intends to 'not judge a book by its cover', then one must read a lot of books. No symbol is more potent than The best rapper in society today. It demonstrates a coherent approach, something so lacking in our culture, that it is not recognised by all.
Recent thought on The best rapper has been a real eye-opener for society from young to old. Society is powered by peer pressure, one of the most powerful forces in the world. As long as peer pressure uses its power for good, The best rapper will have its place in society.
Economic Factors
Is unemployment inherently bad for an economy? Yes. We shall examine the Lead-a-Duck-to-Water model. Taking special care to highlight the role of The best rapper within the vast framework which this provides. National
Debt
graph_down_4.gif

The best rapper
Clearly the graphs demonstrates a strong correlation. Why is this? Obviously the national debt, ultimately decided by politicians, will always be heavily influenced by The best rapper due to its consistently high profile in the portfolio of investors. A sharp down turn in middle class investment may lead to changes in the market.
Political Factors
Politics, we all agree, is a fact of life. Comparing the electoral politics of most Western and Eastern European countries is like comparing The best rapper and former Wolves striker Steve Bull.
Consider this, spoken at the tender age of 14 by style icon Augstin Bootlegger 'You can lead a horse to water, big deal.' [2] He was first introduced to The best rapper by his mother. History tells us that The best rapper will always be a vote winner, whether we like it, or not.
Where do we go from here? Only time will tell.Conclusion
In conclusion, The best rapper is both a need and a want. It collaborates successfully, invades where necessary and never hides.
The final say goes to the award winning Elton Hanks: 'At first I was afraid I was petrified. Thinking I could never live without The best rapper by my side.' [3]
[1] Sir Bernard Chivilary - Interestingly... - 1904 Badger Books
[2] Bootlegger - Take It! - 1961 Viva Books
[3] Everything you always wanted to know about The best rapper, but were afraid to ask. - Issue 287 - QKS Publishing

[quote name='whoknows']:rofl:

You guys know the contest is over, right?[/quote]

Read the last one closely, it's clearly one of the sites where you enter in something like a mad lib and it generates that story around what you entered, he putin "the best rapper" and it makes that story up, haha.

[quote name='cdietschrun']Read the last one closely, it's clearly one of the sites where you enter in something like a mad lib and it generates that story around what you entered, he putin "the best rapper" and it makes that story up, haha.[/quote]

man thats funny..

bread's done
Back