CheapyD is having a baby omgwtf!

petrieslastword

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
I for one love that Wombat seems more excited than CheapyD. Cheapy just wants to move on with the show, and Wombat's motherly instincts come out.:lol:

Congrats!

What are your thoughts on citizenship? Can you apply for dual, and if not, do you care if your kid is a Japanese citizen or an American citizen?

Congrats!

You guys have any names for the little bugger yet?

Expect to get about 4 hours of sleep a night for the first month (the Cagcasts during that month will be entertaining to say the least - ZOMBIE CHEAPYD!!)

Here is some tips for your new job..

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How to Change a Diaper[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Make sure that you have a safe, clean area to change the diaper. Changing tables or the floor tend to be spaces of choice for diaper changers. If you change your child on a piece of furniture or anywhere up high, be sure to buckle them into the changing pad. Most changing pads have some sort of clasp or way to restrain baby from falling.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Be sure the changing supplies are at hand. Meaning, have the diaper wipes, cream and the diaper within reach before lying baby down. This will enable you to keep one hand on baby at all times, reducing the risk of him/her falling. Safety first![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Place baby on his/her back. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Remove the dirty diaper. If a poopy diaper, wipe your baby's bottom with a warm washcloth or baby wipe. For girls, wipe from front to back to avoid infections.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Allow the area to dry a bit and then either use product (diaper cream and/or powder) or simply place the fresh diaper on him/her.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6. To place diaper, lift baby legs up slightly to place the diaper underneath his/her bottom. Undo sticky tape (if disposables) and attach to the front.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's as simple as that! You will change so many diapers within the first week that you'll be able to do it in your sleep before long. Here are some tips before you click away.....[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* Place new diaper under baby's bottom BEFORE removing the old one. You will find, as I did, that your baby may "go" again while you are in the midst of changing him/her. By having the new diaper in place, you can avoid having to not only change the diaper, but also baby's clothing.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Be careful with the use of baby powder. The small particles in some baby powders become airborn and get into baby's delicate lungs. They have baby powders on the market that are actually liquid powders. You may want to check those out.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Wipe baby girls from front to back. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Some parents use diaper creams at every diaper change to prevent diaper rash. Some use diaper creams only when baby gets a rash. It is a personal preference. Consult your pediatrician if you have questions about the use of diaper creams.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Use the sticky tabs on the old diaper to wrap it up when you take the diaper off baby and to the trash. Helps to avoid messes.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Be aware that baby will move fast someday and that day might be today. So, keep close to him/her during the changing. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*For newborn babies, you may want to use warm, wet washcloths to wipe his/her bottom for the first few weeks. Babies that young may be sensitive to anything other than water. I used the washcloth for my first baby and wipes with the second. They were both fine. [/FONT]

Congrats man. Your life will never be the same (for the better). I can't wait to hear him/her making noise during a CAGcast!

[quote name='CocheseUGA']CheapAssDiapers.com?[/quote]LOL! That's pretty good. :applause:

Congrats to the Cheapy household. I guess since Cheapy is at home all of the time Mrs. Cheapy decided to put him to good use. :p

[quote name='contej85']I for one love that Wombat seems more excited than CheapyD. Cheapy just wants to move on with the show, and Wombat's motherly instincts come out.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair, if Mrs Cheapy is due in October, Cheapy has known about this for a LONG time, whereas it was a shocking bit of news for Wombat. My wife is due in November and we've known since, what, March or April? And we've known ours is a boy since mid-June (you can usually find out at 20 weeks - or halfway for those who failed high school biology ;)), so Cheapy probably knew in May that it was a boy already.

I was thinking of starting a donation to cheapy baby fund, then i realized that all we have to do is buy stuff.

Good to hear his "vintage gaming stick" is still in near-mint condition. Gets the job done, at any rate. I think the child should be named HeavyD. Or Commander Data. I just saw that Star Trek: Next Generation where Data talks to that little girl whose planet is going to explode. I wonder if anyone is really named "Commander" who isn't like in the military or anything.

Congrats Cheapy! We just had our first in December. One of my best cheap ass finds in the last 7 months was two of the large cans of formula for $7 each at Target. You'll understand just how great a deal that is very soon!

The day my son was born was the same day I finally nabbed a PS3 (little did I know they would be all over the place in a couple of weeks). My wife was sleeping and the baby was in the nursery being checked over. I was so wired I couldn't sleep so I went out for awhile. This was the first time I had been off work during the day. I walked into Best Buy and they had just gotten in a shipment! I was my lucky day twice over.

[quote name='Chitown021']Congrats Cheapy! We just had our first in December. One of my best cheap ass finds in the last 7 months was two of the large cans of formula for $7 each at Target. You'll understand just how great a deal that is very soon!
.[/QUOTE]

Meh - breast is best!

Plus it's the ultimate cheap-ass baby food! We're about to have number 4 and I've never bought a can of formula in my life ;).

[quote name='io']Meh - breast is best!

Plus it's the ultimate cheap-ass baby food! We're about to have number 4 and I've never bought a can of formula in my life ;).[/quote]

LOL. We started off that way but when my wife went back to work demand quickly overwhelmed supply.

We're lucky right now. The little guy is 7 months and the only cans of formula we've bought were those two clearance ones from Target. My mother in law had hookups through the formula reps. We've been able to get all of the formula we need for free so far.

I foresee...broken Robocop and ED-209 figures. Best place them suckers out of reach.

But congratulations on the little one, Cheapy.

[quote name='InuFaye']I was thinking of starting a donation to cheapy baby fund, then i realized that all we have to do is buy stuff.[/quote]

Was thinking the same.

Unless cheapy links his (american) amazon wish list with his referral info...then he'll get whatever he needs for the kid AND the cash. Dayum...

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']I foresee...broken Robocop and ED-209 figures. Best place them suckers out of reach.

But congratulations on the little one, Cheapy.[/QUOTE]

He's got time - Cheapy Jr won't be getting into everything (at the lowest levels of the pad) until at least 6 months after being born ;). There's plenty of time to plan out some storage/protection for Cheapy's goodies.

And hey, just thought of something! Cheapy, if you are still doing the towel trick with your 360 when he's born you not only have a way of keeping your 360 alive, but a great way to warm up towels for the kid after baths! Sweet!

Haven't listened to the 'cast yet where you announced it, but wanted to throw my congratulations to you and your wife into the "pile" as it were. :) Just think, Cheapy, you having a little one around who is learning to talk may actually help you learn more Japanese. :D :)

/tk

I just read this, and my heart stopped a bit, like it always does for friends having little ones. It's like I can't really believe the news. I'm sure expectant fathers feel it tenfold.

Wonderful news, congrats Man, great job! I'm sure I'll join you in fatherhood soon.

I just read this, and my heart stopped a bit, like it always does for friends having little ones. It's like I can't really believe the news. I'm sure expectant fathers feel it tenfold.

Wonderful news, congrats Man, great job! I'm sure I'll join you in fatherhood soon.

boozebaby.jpg

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']Congrats Cheapy! I can't wait to hear little "Alex Murphy Abrams" on the CAGcast![/QUOTE]

I think it's a certainty this will be his son's name. Congratulations Cheapy and Mrs. Cheapy.

CHAUKLIT REIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Made Cheapy D knock up his wife
Now there will be a cheapassfather.com
Cheapy will be forced to sell his stuffs
Dreamcast for sale, some minor baby poop on the disc drive

Congrats cheapy. It will be like you have your own mini me until the kids hair grows in. My kids are 8 and 5 now can't say I miss diapers and bottles too much

Hey Cheapy... just popping in to wish you a congrats...

I was once a baby myself, so I know how tough it's gonna be. So goodluck.

Wow, this is quite unexpected, I haven't listened to the latest CAGcast. And
I thought you weren't getting any!? :lol:

Anyway, congrats man!

[quote name='Whambamm']I think it's a certainty this will be his son's name. Congratulations Cheapy and Mrs. Cheapy.[/QUOTE]

Hold the phone, I thought his name would be Thorbahn!

bread's done
Back