The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY (Xbox 360) $43.95 (Pre-Order)

kklems

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
You can get The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360) for $43.95 with free shipping now at deepdiscount dvd. Looks like maybe a price drop but could be an error.

Link here http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=21212482&extid=df_jellyfish_dvd&jftid=SzZQL3JGejBMdURtUTBzM2Rkc1h4dz09Cg

Check my signature for a website that gives 3% cash back for DDD as well

Edited to add this is GOY addition it looks like. I better go check amazon for their price. Ok amazon doesnt seem to have this listed. Only PS3 verison for $59.99 so ???

[quote name='kurtthehurt']release date = 9/04[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is a pre-order. Can't find 360 version at other retailers. Amazon had PS3 version. Buy had the version with the 360 icon for $59.99 and no icon for $39.99

Can't tell what system http://www.buy.com/prod/elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-of-the-year-edition/q/loc/108/204973794.html

XBOX 360 for sure http://www.buy.com/prod/elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-of-the-year-edition/q/loc/108/204954436.html

I think the second is the correct listing. So the other ddd and buy.com might be errors or place holders.

Tried a search and nothing came up recent about pricing of GOY

[quote name='Scrubsy']They won't honor it, DD sucks at that type of thing[/QUOTE]
I have never had a problem with DDD. Just not sure what retail is supposed to be.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yeah, my order from two months ago with the pricing screw-up still shows as processing. :roll:

They're jackasses.[/QUOTE]

Sorry dude I don't remember that one..was it the coupon when the site changed over to add books?

I have ordered 400+ times (Crap note to self cut back on dvd spending) and have had nothing but good cs from them. Try calling them tomorrow and at the least they can close out the order. If the item is on backorder they leave open until they can fill it..so if item is on backorder it will never close out without human intervention

[quote name='kklems']Sorry dude I don't remember that one..was it the coupon when the site changed over to add books?

I have ordered 400+ times (Crap note to self cut back on dvd spending) and have had nothing but good cs from them. Try calling them tomorrow and at the least they can close out the order. If the item is on backorder they leave open until they can fill it..so if item is on backorder it will never close out without human intervention[/quote]Back two months ago, they had some screwed-up prices on games, like $5.99 for Oblivion 360 CE and $2.59 for Ace Combat Zero. Two CAGs managed to get a game apiece, most everyone else had their orders cancelled. Some of us have orders that live in limbo and never get closed out, never get fulfilled.

Even before that, I've not had much good luck with their CS. Usually seem like clueless dumbfucks when I talk to them on the phone.

[quote name='shrike4242']Back two months ago, they had some screwed-up prices on games, like $5.99 for Oblivion 360 CE and $2.59 for Ace Combat Zero. Two CAGs managed to get a game apiece, most everyone else had their orders cancelled. Some of us have orders that live in limbo and never get closed out, never get fulfilled.

Even before that, I've not had much good luck with their CS. Usually seem like clueless dumbfucks when I talk to them on the phone.[/QUOTE]

I remember that deal now. It was an obvious price mistake so I am not sure them not honoring is such a big deal. No different than Amazon does or today with BB and the impend cancellations of RB. Anyway it looks like you can preorder Oblivion GOY for $26 off a new release price if you want to and if you don't that's your choice as well.

[quote name='jimfoley16']worst
deal
ever

DD is okay but it takes FOREVER to come. 2 DVD's I ordered took over 2 weeks to get to me before.[/quote]

Oh please like thats fair. You picked free shipping which is media mail.

DDD CS isn't that bad, it took a few calls but they honored the $28.99 Twilight Princess for Gamecube which I got off them.

I love DDD. The shipping is free (takes a week or two) and no tax. I've ordered probably close to $1k of DVDs from them, and never once have I had any kind of problem.

[quote name='shrike4242']Actually, the GOTY version of Oblivion is MSRP'd @ $49.99, not $59.99.[/QUOTE]
Since when?

I know EBgames guesstimated it at $50 waaaaaaaayyyyyy back, but since then they've put it back at $60, as expected.

DDD gets a D- in my book, they have cancelled 3 orders with me, and items leave their warehouse very slowly. (probably a good thing for them since they can't keep there list prices straight).

[quote name='shrike4242']Yeah, my order from two months ago with the pricing screw-up still shows as processing. :roll:

They're jackasses.[/QUOTE]

This may contribute to their jackassery, but DDD accidentally shipped out Harry Potter Book 7 3-4 days early. Those fortunate enough to preorder from them, by and large, were offered $50 gift certs and free HP shirts by Scholastic in return for remaining quiet until the book's official release.

Now, of course, DDD is going to face a substantial fine from Scholastic for breaking street date; but, in the end, something like this entices me to preorder from DDD more! :lol: (of course, your anecdote, with this one, suggests that they are cheap but poorly organized, so I'll pass on it).

Anyone who wants the non-GOTY edition, the regular version is now $24.99 used at Blockbuster/GameRush.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Since when?

I know EBgames guesstimated it at $50 waaaaaaaayyyyyy back, but since then they've put it back at $60, as expected.[/quote]Since the last time I looked at it, it was $50. If it's now $60, then I stand corrected.

Thanks. I was looking for a deal on this release.

Any idea why they show a 9/28 release when Game Spot shows a 9/3 date?

Tempting, but since I have a $20 Best Buy gift certificate I'm going to hold off and see if BB puts it on sale for $49.99 during its week of release. Getting the GoTY Edition for less than $35 after tax would be sweet.

If that buy.com link for $39.99 is the 360 version maybe it could be combined with google checkout to get it for $29.99 plus shipping? I remember a back door for using gco with backordered items...probably do a google search to find it.

Hm, still listed at $43.99 where most places list it as $59.99. Meh, went ahead and ordered. I've been waiting for Oblivion to drop for a while, too. :p

In terms of pricing, the GotY is $49.99 for PC and $59.99 for 360 and PS3.

I've been watching this game for a while (check out my FAQ over on the Bethesda forums), and it's looking like it'll ship on September 11th.

This is really tempting.

About time Bethesda released the GOTY edition. Been waiting along time just for the GOTY, didnt' want to risk buying the regular Oblivion edition and not have the expansion paks on it.

awww, $60?! I was hoping it would be $39.

this is especially a rip for the PS3 if they aren't going to put SI up on the PSN.

That's why I wasn't going to buy it for PS3 until the GotY came out - I wasn't sure if they'd ever put Shivering Isles on PSN. For that matter, I'm not sure if any of the extra DLC is going on PSN at this point. All I've ever seen from Bethesda is a nebulous "we're looking at it". I'm wondering if they're waiting for the install base of the game to get a little larger (according to VGChartz.com it's only sold 205,000 as of last week, whereas the 360 version has sold over 1.2 million).

I'm sure they'll announce something regarding PS3 DLC shortly after the GotY edition ships.

I can't believe $60 is the MSRP on this. I know they really only charge you for the game and Shivering Isles, but damn.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']DDD free shipping takes about a full month for me, so I'm not in.[/QUOTE]
No offense, but you've waited over 18 months to get this game; is the slow free shipping really keeping you from buying the GOTY at a bargain price?

[quote name='Chris in Cali']DDD free shipping takes about a full month for me, so I'm not in.[/quote]

DDD ships USPS media mail as their free/standard method, particularly for bulk orders.

However, in my experience, if it's just one or two games or movies, they've sent those smaller onesie-twosie orders to me via USPS Priority or First Class.

Sold my game a while ago anticipating a price drop, and the GotY edition, kind of hoping to buy this back again soon at a good deal... but no rush, really.

let me get this straight: this has all the DLC the game has to offer, but all the DLC on the XBLM will stay the same price, so I would be a dumbass to go out and buy the regular edition for the 360, right?

I bet this will be on sale for $49 at some places on release.

This version includes vanilla Oblivion, Knights of the Nine, and Shivering Isles.

It does NOT include:

Vile Lair
Spell Tomes
Mehrune's Razor
Horse Armor
Wizard's Tower
Thieve's Den
Orrery

You'll still have to buy all of the above DLC on Xbox Live if you don't have it already.

EDIT: I also think this will be on sale for $49.99 at release. When the original PS3 version released it was $49.99 at Amazon, for instance.

[quote name='silks']This version includes vanilla Oblivion, Knights of the Nine, and Shivering Isles.

It does NOT include:

Vile Lair
Spell Tomes
Mehrune's Razor
Horse Armor
Wizard's Tower
Thieve's Den
Orrery

You'll still have to buy all of the above DLC on Xbox Live if you don't have it already.

EDIT: I also think this will be on sale for $49.99 at release. When the original PS3 version released it was $49.99 at Amazon, for instance.[/QUOTE]

ugh, that's crap. i'm guessing MS is forcing it this way so the DLC doesn't become obsolete. :roll: looks like I'll stick with the PS3 version.

The regular price for PS3 Oblivion is $59.99 at most places. Amazon's PS3 price is unique to Amazon (and not a bad deal if not for the GOTY edition coming up).

GOTY for PS3 and 360 is currently listed @ $59.99 at most places.

$49.99 is list price for the PC version.

[quote name='gunm']The regular price for PS3 Oblivion is $59.99 at most places. Amazon's PS3 price is unique to Amazon (and not a bad deal if not for the GOTY edition coming up).

GOTY for PS3 and 360 is currently listed @ $59.99 at most places.

$49.99 is list price for the PC version.[/QUOTE]

I realize it's the same price, but seeing how the PS3 version runs smoother I'll go with that.

or I'll wait to build a gaming rig...i don't f'in know :lol:

I thought about building a gaming rig too, but that's money I don't have right now. Besides, assuming PS3 gets the DLC (crosses fingers), the only thing you'd be missing vs. PC is the plugins and mods. Very cool stuff, but not critical.

Also, I realize that $49.99 is the MSRP for the GotY Editon PC version. I'm saying that the PS3/360 version will likely be on sale somewhere for $49.99 the first week it's available, just like the original Oblivion was for PS3 on Amazon.

[quote name='Apossum']I realize it's the same price, but seeing how the PS3 version runs smoother I'll go with that.[/quote]

I was actually responding to silks post, but I must've done it out of context, sorry. :whistle2:#

bread's done
Back