Photo
- - - - -

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY (Xbox 360) $43.95 (Pre-Order)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:36 PM

awww, $60?! I was hoping it would be $39.

this is especially a rip for the PS3 if they aren't going to put SI up on the PSN.

#32 MrDiamondJ

MrDiamondJ

Empire State of Mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

That's why I wasn't going to buy it for PS3 until the GotY came out - I wasn't sure if they'd ever put Shivering Isles on PSN. For that matter, I'm not sure if any of the extra DLC is going on PSN at this point. All I've ever seen from Bethesda is a nebulous "we're looking at it". I'm wondering if they're waiting for the install base of the game to get a little larger (according to VGChartz.com it's only sold 205,000 as of last week, whereas the 360 version has sold over 1.2 million).

I'm sure they'll announce something regarding PS3 DLC shortly after the GotY edition ships.

#33 Chris in Cali

Chris in Cali

Mr. Negativity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:43 PM

DDD free shipping takes about a full month for me, so I'm not in.

#34 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:08 AM

I can't believe $60 is the MSRP on this. I know they really only charge you for the game and Shivering Isles, but damn.

#35 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:48 AM

No offense, but you've waited over 18 months to get this game; is the slow free shipping really keeping you from buying the GOTY at a bargain price?

decker%2001.jpg

#36 weevles

weevles

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:14 AM

DDD ships USPS media mail as their free/standard method, particularly for bulk orders.

However, in my experience, if it's just one or two games or movies, they've sent those smaller onesie-twosie orders to me via USPS Priority or First Class.

#37 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:28 PM

Deal is dead. Back up to $58.99

#38 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:34 PM

Well, crap, I was going to order it today. Another DDD screw-up that I'm too slow to get onto.

#39 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:58 PM

I hope they don't cancel our orders....

decker%2001.jpg

#40 PyroGamer

PyroGamer

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:20 PM

Sold my game a while ago anticipating a price drop, and the GotY edition, kind of hoping to buy this back again soon at a good deal... but no rush, really.

#41 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

let me get this straight: this has all the DLC the game has to offer, but all the DLC on the XBLM will stay the same price, so I would be a dumbass to go out and buy the regular edition for the 360, right?

I bet this will be on sale for $49 at some places on release.

#42 MrDiamondJ

MrDiamondJ

Empire State of Mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:02 PM

This version includes vanilla Oblivion, Knights of the Nine, and Shivering Isles.

It does NOT include:

Vile Lair
Spell Tomes
Mehrune's Razor
Horse Armor
Wizard's Tower
Thieve's Den
Orrery

You'll still have to buy all of the above DLC on Xbox Live if you don't have it already.

EDIT: I also think this will be on sale for $49.99 at release. When the original PS3 version released it was $49.99 at Amazon, for instance.

#43 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:40 PM

This version includes vanilla Oblivion, Knights of the Nine, and Shivering Isles.

It does NOT include:

Vile Lair
Spell Tomes
Mehrune's Razor
Horse Armor
Wizard's Tower
Thieve's Den
Orrery

You'll still have to buy all of the above DLC on Xbox Live if you don't have it already.

EDIT: I also think this will be on sale for $49.99 at release. When the original PS3 version released it was $49.99 at Amazon, for instance.

ugh, that's crap. i'm guessing MS is forcing it this way so the DLC doesn't become obsolete. :roll: looks like I'll stick with the PS3 version.

#44 weevles

weevles

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:19 PM

The regular price for PS3 Oblivion is $59.99 at most places. Amazon's PS3 price is unique to Amazon (and not a bad deal if not for the GOTY edition coming up).

GOTY for PS3 and 360 is currently listed @ $59.99 at most places.

$49.99 is list price for the PC version.

#45 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:03 AM

The regular price for PS3 Oblivion is $59.99 at most places. Amazon's PS3 price is unique to Amazon (and not a bad deal if not for the GOTY edition coming up).

GOTY for PS3 and 360 is currently listed @ $59.99 at most places.

$49.99 is list price for the PC version.

I realize it's the same price, but seeing how the PS3 version runs smoother I'll go with that.

or I'll wait to build a gaming rig...i don't f'in know :lol:

#46 MrDiamondJ

MrDiamondJ

Empire State of Mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2007 - 05:04 AM

I thought about building a gaming rig too, but that's money I don't have right now. Besides, assuming PS3 gets the DLC (crosses fingers), the only thing you'd be missing vs. PC is the plugins and mods. Very cool stuff, but not critical.

Also, I realize that $49.99 is the MSRP for the GotY Editon PC version. I'm saying that the PS3/360 version will likely be on sale somewhere for $49.99 the first week it's available, just like the original Oblivion was for PS3 on Amazon.

#47 weevles

weevles

Posted 26 August 2007 - 05:09 AM

I realize it's the same price, but seeing how the PS3 version runs smoother I'll go with that.

I was actually responding to silks post, but I must've done it out of context, sorry. :-#

#48 Capaneus

Capaneus

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:21 PM

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but has anybody's order shipped yet? It was supposed to come out today, my order still says processing.
sml_gallery_46393_8193_8746.png

#49 cleaver

cleaver

You have 0 friends

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:30 PM

Mine just shipped
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#50 Capaneus

Capaneus

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:40 PM

Yeah mine's shipped too. Can't wait. :)
sml_gallery_46393_8193_8746.png

#51 weevles

weevles

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:46 PM

My order is still pending.

#52 Sacsquash

Sacsquash

Cheapassquatch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:48 PM

I was at CC yesterday scoping out the clearance games and they had Oblivion Game of the year edition on the floor for $60. I think I'll pass, but when the price drops I'll definately pick'r up.

#53 CappyCobra

CappyCobra

^^vv<><>BA START

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2007 - 12:24 AM

It does NOT include:

Vile Lair
Spell Tomes
Mehrune's Razor
Horse Armor
Wizard's Tower
Thieve's Den
Orrery

Well that's just lame. So the only advantage is not having to waste space. If you buy the preowned version @25 then all of the DLC, you're back @$65. LAME!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:39 AM

This deal is dead - the price has been corrected.