Wild ARMs 5 for 33.99 at Deep Discount

iamamoogle

CAGiversary!
I just noticed that Deep Discount has Wild ARMs 5 up for 33.99. I've never ordered a game from them and I think I remember some sort of problem concerning Twilight Princcess a while back (That may have been due to a price error or maybe it was before the changed over from Deep Discount DVD to just plain ol' Deep Disocunt though)....

The other question I had was regarding the 80 Page Artbook that its supposed to come with. I've only read about it on RPGFan and Amazon and Game Stop have no information regarding it. So I'm not sure if its packaged with the game like Persona 3, or if its a preorder bonus from other retailers.

Article regarding artbook here:
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1259.html

Deep Discount's Wild ARMs 5 Page:
http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=21212191

Its a dang good price for the game at Deep Discount, but I'm a sucker for artbooks (especially if its true that it covers all 5 games in the series).

Anyone else have anything to add about the artbook, or maybe even just Deep Discount and their handling of games and/or preorders in general?

[quote name='iamamoogle']I just noticed that Deep Discount has Wild ARMs 5 up for 33.99. I've never ordered a game from them and I think I remember some sort of problem concerning Twilight Princcess a while back (That may have been due to a price error or maybe it was before the changed over from Deep Discount DVD to just plain ol' Deep Disocunt though)....

The other question I had was regarding the 80 Page Artbook that its supposed to come with. I've only read about it on RPGFan and Amazon and Game Stop have no information regarding it. So I'm not sure if its packaged with the game like Persona 3, or if its a preorder bonus from other retailers.

Article regarding artbook here:
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1259.html

Deep Discount's Wild ARMs 5 Page:
http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=21212191

Its a dang good price for the game at Deep Discount, but I'm a sucker for artbooks (especially if its true that it covers all 5 games in the series).

Anyone else have anything to add about the artbook, or maybe even just Deep Discount and their handling of games and/or preorders in general?[/QUOTE]

The entire first run of the game will include the artbook.

Sweet, pre-ordered at DD even though I hate them. I wasn't going to but $34 is a great price plus I'm a sucker for RPG freebies.

This is $38.24 shipped at Family Video, only $33.24 w/ the new customer coupon. So if you don't like DD you could always order it there.

Thanks. The series has been a huge disappointment lately, but for this price, and the possible amount I can snag on ebay for it seems worth the dive.

[quote name='McNutsack']Thanks. The series has been a huge disappointment lately, but for this price, and the possible amount I can snag on ebay for it seems worth the dive.[/QUOTE]

why would anyone pay more on ebay since anyone who preorders this will get teh book. i dont see the book being in major demand

hell look at the disgaea 2 preorder limited to 1,000 art books . I dont think they even fetch that much anymore

wild arms crashed very fast to 10 buck so expect the same with part 5

[quote name='slidecage']why would anyone pay more on ebay since anyone who preorders this will get teh book. i dont see the book being in major demand

hell look at the disgaea 2 preorder limited to 1,000 art books . I dont think they even fetch that much anymore

wild arms crashed very fast to 10 buck so expect the same with part 5[/QUOTE]

Nope, they don't get much at all.;)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Lmtd-Ed-Disgaea...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks OP for reminding me to get this game! Almost forgot it's coming out this month! With P3 and Growlanser, now WA5... I am way over spending this month again...

I put in my cheap ass order with FamilyVideo, to save the extra 75c ... thanks onikage!

[quote name='onikage']This is $38.24 shipped at Family Video, only $33.24 w/ the new customer coupon. So if you don't like DD you could always order it there.[/quote]

[quote name='slidecage']why would anyone pay more on ebay since anyone who preorders this will get teh book. i dont see the book being in major demand

wild arms crashed very fast to 10 buck so expect the same with part 5[/quote]

If they didn't preorder it, how would they have the book? You make no sense.
I didn't tell you when I was selling it. The people that didn't preorder it will be my targets, obviously. I don't intend on selling to people that preordered the game, you're wildly assuming farfetched things, lol.

I simply said that a medicore game for $34 isn't that bad, because I can easily get that $34 back in the future, and then I won't feel guilty for induldging in something not worth induldging.

[quote name='United_Korea']there's a fifth Wild ARMs?[/quote]

There's seven. This one is the sixth one if you count ACF...

[quote name='McNutsack']Thanks. The series has been a huge disappointment lately, but for this price, and the possible amount I can snag on ebay for it seems worth the dive.[/QUOTE]

did you play WA4? the new battle system is much better, its alot more strategic now, they also got rid of that stupid search feature that was on the world map in WA3

[quote name='NeoStrider']did you play WA4? the new battle system is much better, its alot more strategic now, they also got rid of that stupid search feature that was on the world map in WA3[/QUOTE]
McNutsack was probably referring to the abomination that is Wild Arms 4.

And the search feature is back in this game, bitches! :lol:

[quote name='McNutsack']If they didn't preorder it, how would they have the book? You make no sense.
I didn't tell you when I was selling it. The people that didn't preorder it will be my targets, obviously. I don't intend on selling to people that preordered the game, you're wildly assuming farfetched things, lol.

I simply said that a medicore game for $34 isn't that bad, because I can easily get that $34 back in the future, and then I won't feel guilty for induldging in something not worth induldging.[/QUOTE]

no i mean is why would anyone want it. anyone who wants it could just preorder the game

unlike the disgaea 2 game what was limited to 1000 copies i dont think this book is limited like that. so if someone wants one wouldnt they just preorder it

then again i might just preorder it and try to dump off the book for around 13 what would net me the game for 20 : )

OUCh 41 bucks for the artbook and soundtrack. i remember when the book itself was fetching 60 hell i think i sold my soundtrack for 20 or 30 alone right when the game came out : )

so the soundtrack for 25 say
so the walkthough for 20

what nocked it down to game + magma + limited artbook for like 45

[quote name='NeoStrider']did you play WA4? the new battle system is much better, its alot more strategic now, they also got rid of that stupid search feature that was on the world map in WA3[/QUOTE]
While I agree that the battle system is improved over Wild Arms 1-3, the puzzle elements (where each character has a specific ability to solve puzzles) was a favorite part of mine and they took it out of Wild Arms 4. The ability to equip every character with mediums was also a cool feature of Wild Arms 3 which they also took out. Personally, I enjoyed 3 the most of all and I've played them all.

does DD ship in box? I would assume the artbook would easily damage if they send it in a bubble mailer.

Well, I know plenty of people that 5 months from now will smack their heads and say "I really want WA5, I should've bought it when it came out!", cuz not everyone preorders games, dude, lol. Some people wait months, because they have other priorities.
I waited years before I bought some games, like Xenosaga and Valk Profile 2.

Better question!

Does deepdiscount charge right away, or as the game ships?
They havent subtracted anything from my account, but I want to be sure. I have a lot of bills to pay this week, and won't have WA5 money until next pay day.

[quote name='Asgardian']Thanks OP for reminding me to get this game! Almost forgot it's coming out this month! With P3 and Growlanser, now WA5... I am way over spending this month again... [/QUOTE]

Agreed, Asgardian. I'm getting these three as well, and while my wallet will feel the crunch, I don't even have the time for these ... but hooray for limited edition goodies!

And thanks for looking out for the series OP. God knows Wild Arms could use the help...

The game comes in a box which includes the DVD case and the art book, so there's no need to worry about the book getting damaged in shipping. This game looks like a great combination of the puzzles and world map of the earlier games and the combat system and production values of the excellent WA4.

Darn it! I had no intention of getting WA5, Growlanser: HoW and Persona 3 so soon but the special packaging/bonuses are too good for me to pass. I'll probably place orders in the next few days. These are the best deals, right?

P3 - Family video $42 - $5 newmemf5 coupon + $0.99 S&H = $38 shipped.
WA5 - Dee pDiscount $34 shipped.

What about Growlanser LE?

[quote name='eau']Darn it! I had no intention of getting WA5, Growlanser: HoW and Persona 3 so soon but the special packaging/bonuses are too good for me to pass. I'll probably place orders in the next few days. These are the best deals, right?

What about Growlanser LE?[/QUOTE]
it would be nice if you could grab all 3 with TRU B2G1 Free but that would be too easy. TRU probably wont have all 3 in stock that late.

[quote name='62t']it would be nice if you could grab all 3 with TRU B2G1 Free but that would be too easy. TRU probably wont have all 3 in stock that late.[/quote]

I doubt TRU would stock Growlanser at all.

If I get this, I'd get it at DD instead of Family Video. DD sends their stuff in boxes. The last thing I got from Family Video was sent in basically a bag with no packaging.

CC had wild arms 4 the week it came out at $30 so maybe history will repeat itself. I got it preordered at gamestop just in case though.

How do you get the new customer coupon from family video?
I just registered and thought maybe in the e-mail but no dice.

edit: Nevermind, found it in another thread.

DD is great. Next to Amazon, it's the store that gets the majority of my online purchases. The only reason I would by from either DD or Amazon depends on which online store has the cheaper price.

Excellent customer service too. I received a defective Planet Earth HD-DVD from them, returned it and got a replacemnt with minimum hassle.

Anyway, pre-ordered this one without reservations. Thanks OP!

So, the impression i'm getting here is that by pre-ordering from DD, you're getting the artbook, correct? i'm not gonna throw down $34 for the game only...

[quote name='Serpentor']So, the impression i'm getting here is that by pre-ordering from DD, you're getting the artbook, correct? i'm not gonna throw down $34 for the game only...[/quote]

Everyone gets the art book regardless of where you order from, it's packaged with the game.

[quote name='onikage']Everyone gets the art book regardless of where you order from, it's packaged with the game.[/quote]

Only the initial run.

[quote name='eau']Darn it! I had no intention of getting WA5, Growlanser: HoW and Persona 3 so soon but the special packaging/bonuses are too good for me to pass. I'll probably place orders in the next few days. These are the best deals, right?

What about Growlanser LE?[/quote]

I'm in the same boat as you eau.

I already pre-ordered P3 and now just about to pre-order WA5, but waiting for that Growlanser LE thred to pop up, lol.

[quote name='T3kN']I'm in the same boat as you eau.

I already pre-ordered P3 and now just about to pre-order WA5, but waiting for that Growlanser LE thred to pop up, lol.[/quote]

Growlanser is already listed for pre-order @ Family Video. It would cost you $42.87 total w/ the $5 coupon. Maybe they'll eventually lower it a bit like they did with P3.

Says you save $1??? thats strange.
O well, anyone know of any promotional cods for DD before I put in my pre-order?

Was thinking about waiting on this till price drop since WA titles tend to go down in price rather quickly but with the art book included I can't really pass this deal up since I've been a fan of the series since its beginning on the PS1.

Thanks OP.

Not being much of a fan of Wild Arms, I heard 3 was really good though, but was just wondering if you have to play them in order to understand the story, or if it doesnt matter much.

[quote name='T3kN']Not being much of a fan of Wild Arms, I heard 3 was really good though, but was just wondering if you have to play them in order to understand the story, or if it doesnt matter much.[/quote]

Doesn't matter at all. Each of them have their own individual story. Well, there are lots of cameos in the game and some sidequests related to them. Not really sure if that counts.

bread's done
Back